Which of these powers would you rather have?

Which of these powers?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Powers

• Instant food creation - no need to cook or buy food
    • No need to sleep, always full of energy
    • Perfect hygiene - no need to shower, brush teeth, etc.

• Support Squad

Hygiene, because the required secondary powers fill in the roles of the other two to an extent. Going without sleep has evident physical effects on the body that can often be supplemented by going through all your various hygiene rituals. Showering can make those bags under your eyes stand out less, freshen you up and get you thinking. In order to go showerless the perfect hygiene power has to passively do that kind of stuff at all times, meaning you can stave off the physical effects of going without sleep a hell of a lot better than normal. Also with the brushing teeth, that means your teeth are in the same condition as if you brushed your teeth all the damn time, exceptionally healthy, which suggests the hygiene has an impact on maintaining your bodies health, hard to be hygenic when you're ill after all. So you could similarly fend off the unpleasant aspects of an unhealthy diet which, lets face it, you'd fall into anyway with food creation. Just need the money for it.

I thought too hard about this.

sure, it pretty much means you'll never have to go to the dentist for cavities, but is knocking out out a few minutes spent doing that really worth missing out on the other two optionis? You might still need braces or your molars removed in any case. But not needing to shower cuz you'll always be clean isn't the same as taking a shower, like the effects of having a shower that's hot or cold which is the major cause of those temporary little alertness boosters. Perfect hair and skin all the time would be good I guess. If anything related to hygiene was all that difficult for me or a huge nuisance, I'd consider it. But as is, I consider it to be by far the weakest of the three.

Not needing sleep is an interesting option. Sure, I guess you could stay up and study or place or do whatever you want to do I guess. If you really want to be an overachiever. It's definitely not the same thing as unlimited stamina either. Not needing sleep isn't the same as being able to run for as long as you want at any speed you are capable of. You're gonna get tired and exhausted still. But not in the sleepy sort of way. I could see it granting faster stamina recovery though. And some other psychological factors that are also behind the need to sleep. There's certainly nothing I'm trying to do or work on that would really be helped by not sleeping ever. And again. I like dreaming. I had a really nice, relaxing dream today, actually.

Man, life would be easy if I could just make food outta nowhere. I could make as much of the most delicious food as I could want and then some. Maybe even make it both healthy and delicious- and that would be a true miracle. I suppose the limit would be my food experience and imagination. I could be a one man 5* restaurant with practically none of the costs. If I wanted good money, I could charge those same high prices and just straight up be set for life. I could charge less but possibly undercut other restaurants and their employees and affect income and wages in ways I wouldn't intend to. While it's not the same as making unlimited gold to crash the gold market and make it pretty much worthless, it would still have economic consequences if I take it commercially without thinking about it. Again, I could directly and without effort help people and places struggling with lack of food or nutrition. I don't buy into the idea of food distribution or lack thereof as a check on the world's population... It's not ideal, and lack of food really really doesn't deter reproduction. in the most developed countries with the most available food and indeed with the most fat people... they're not the ones over reproducing. There are other factors and issues at play, and starving people and the need for labor and jobs and shitty lives in general actually leads to irresponsible reproductive attitudes and practices. Not only could instant magical production grant me personal wealth, luxury, and influence, but allow other minds to be able to turn their attentions and focus to solving other issues.

Seriously, food choice is best choice- HANDS DOWN.

2 hours ago, NatJones said:

Instant food all day long! I have a bad habit of starting small fires when cooking... Or setting things on fire, again when cooking.... Or blowing up microwaves....

getting an Ame-like vibe here...

Hygiene. Because it's the thing I'm having the hardest time dealing with (thanks depression). I enjoy sleeping tbh, and I have no real problems with food.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hygiene. Because it's the thing I'm having the hardest time dealing with (thanks depression

sorry for you :/ good luck , it will pass with time 

57 minutes ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

definitely food

I dont mind sleeping and hygiene is less of a mess for me than preparing food

so food it is

#late

exactly

no need for sleep ez. having that extra time would be great and save me from worrying about things so much. plus using that free time i could probably learn a lot of things, including to be a master chef. time is the most valuable asset in the world imo, the more you have of it the better.

I am SO bored of cooking food, that even if i had no need for sleep (which would mean my conscious lifetime increasing by ~30%),  i would in most cases resort to ordering some junk food.

Totally sold on immediately creating delicacies. Could even exploit it into making money out of it.  Open a shop for 2 hours a day with the most gourmet meals available in the world.  Earn tons of monay for minimal amount of work time.  Spend the rest of the day doing anything i want.  Definitely the best choice.  I can make do with 6-8 hours of sleep per day.

Creating my own food would automatically mean, that i can have a perfectly healthy diet, since we live in an age where most food ingredients, even the ones you use for healthy diets,  are products of mutation in favor of production volume versus nutritional value,  or have absorbed loads of chemicals used for protection from pests and other reasons.  So people thing they eat healthy, but the reality is different. And a perfectly healthy diet along with exercise is the biggest key to longevity.

Edited by DemICE

• Global Mods

I would go with instant food creation. I could have anything I want to eat at any time just by imagining it. I could also feed people who don't have access to and/or can't afford food. 

I wouldn't want the no sleeping ability. I like sleeping and I like my dreams. Sleeping also completely cures bad moods for me most of the time. I would prefer an ability to never experience physical or mental overexertion/run out of stamina. 

The hygiene ability would be okay, but I like showers.