Ask the next person a Yes/No question

Daniel Blackworth

My answer would depend on a case to case basis. On normal cases like competitions and the like, I would fight and struggle if there is still a chance (an acceptable chance, specifically - likely to be around 15%), just so that I can turn around everything. But if this chance is lesser than the acceptable chance, I would normally just give up and let the results happen since it would be nearly impossible to overturn the incoming doom. As for life and death cases, I'd likely struggle and fight even if I know that it would only prolong the inevitable since I deem the prolonged time as somewhat a time that could still allow me to experience happiness and joy even if it may be just so short. Still, if I might find it too hard, I would likely judt give up also.

That's my take on it. Now, as for the next question, do you like sweet food?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But my answers to the chocolate questions would have told you that already.

I have a low tolerance for sweet stuff; it gets clawing very fast, and I can't manage more than a relatively small amount of anything sweet at a time without feeling sick. 

I prefer spicy, sour and bitter foods as a rule.

Do you generally keep a pen or pencil on you when you go outside?

No, I mostly write notes or any thoughts I may have on my computer or phone when I go out. 

How do you feel about the fact that the national dish of The United Kingdom is curry, something that didn't originate nor has any roots in the country?

.... How do I answer this question with a yes/no? ..... If I would answer this, I'd say it's pretty weird for that to be the national dish; still, it is acceptable if the people have accepted this dish wholeheartedly.

Do you enjoy creative writing?

52 minutes ago, Tartar said:

I love cake, but not all cakes equally. 

If given the chance, would you want to be the leader of your country? (Why, why not?)

No, 'cause if i would do some decisions, someone despise it.

Do you like go to the cinema?

Edited by Hellyeah98

Yes, it's a fun experience and a good excuse to hang out with people.

Though I must confess I dislike larger cinemas with too many seats as I feel it gets too stuffy. I much prefer smaller local cinemas. 

If given the option to alter your genome in such a way to make yourself stronger, smarter, give yourself dashing good lucks and immunity to all diseases, at the cost of having your skin turn purple, would you take it?

No, I would not. I would if I wouldn't turn purple though. The fact that I don't want to do it is because it makes me stand out too much. So any achievements would obviously be artificially achieved (since people know I altered my genome because I'm purple). Things would just be too fake.

Would you kill someone to save a life?

No, because to save one life I'd have to ruin two, the one I kill and my own. 

Even if I had to kill one person to save 10 or even 100 I'd refuse because murder is morally wrong no matter the situation. In either case, there is not a single dilemma or problem I can imagine where the only solution is to kill someone making such a hypothetical scenario kind of moot.

This is kinda two questions but please bear with me.

If you could forfeit your life at this exact moment, and with a 100% certainty know that this would result in the global HDI of all nations of Earth being raised by 1% over the next year, would you do it? And would it be morally wrong (ie. an immoral action) to refuse to do it?

Oh no, I wouldn't.

It's not the people who die that better the world, it's people who live, and work and toil for it. These kind of outrageous hypotheses only reduce the value of one's estimation of life. It's an easy way out, and a way for cowards to feel better about their egos. What is the meaning of life, then? Is there nothing sacred? Nobody has a right to murder, and that includes murder of the self, be it for any reason. It is immoral to consider dying, not immoral to consider living!

Martyrs who die never die for a cause but die by the cause; they die as a consequence of what they did while living, and greet death fearlessly. Honour life, not death, as that is beyonds us and not our place to reckon or bargain with. Martyrs and achievers never commit suicide to further their cause, they live to do it and die when they have to. No martyr would ever like to die, no matter how fearlessly he dies; he always defies death, and to the last breath will strive for his cause.

Cut out the crap that killing oneself would better the world. Even in this situation, if you 'knew' that such a death would benefit others in some way (I'm not gonna riddle holes in how one can 'know' such a thing, and I'm also not gonna go off on the tangent that the HDI can be horribly inaccurate and hardly ever reflects the real status of people's lives, but those are irrelevant anyway. I'm assuming you mean that one has reasonable assurance that one's death would lead to other's benefits) it is immoral to concede life without a fight. There's a lot of platitudinous mentality that glorifies this kind of thought. I'm amused that you consider asking us to justify ourselves for NOT dying, in this case, and not the contrary. As if dying for others is noble, or desirable. It is neither. It is living for others that is truly effective, that wins people and not loses them.

Your question actually runs contrary to your own statement in your previous answer, about why you would not kill another person to save a life. How is killing another unpardonable, but killing oneself, or allowing oneself to be killed without defiance to the last straw, somehow noble? 

If you want to better the lives of the world, live, and do it in your life. Anything is possible for those with sheer force of will, those who want to live for others and not die for others. Should the whole world beg or force you to die for their sake, defy them to your last strength. You have not just the right, but the duty to live, live for yourself and live for others, and accept the consequences bravely.

This isn't a yes/no question, not exactly, but: where do people get these kind of thoughts from? Thoughts that glorify or hypothesise about morality in giving up on life. Do you not think Life is the most sacred thing in the world, ultimate and inviolable?

Hmm, I think my original intention with the question didn't come across as clearly as I'd have liked. 

In, essence it was about sacrificing oneself, not specifically referring to suicide, but rather by committing yourself wholeheartedly to a specific cause or forcing yourself to take specific actions which you don't particularly want to do. 

The question is thus, if such a path existed, whereby walking it you could with a 100% certainty better mankind on a macroscopic scale, would it be immoral to refuse to walk it. 

An example could be, say we have Albert Einstein for some reason wants to become an art student in his youth. He has an incredible capacity to the sciences and is a genius that will revolutionise the whole field of physics if he commits to it. But say he found physics terribly boring and felt that the arts were his calling in life. Would it be immoral to follow the path in life that gave him satisfaction rather than take the path that would benefit the world?  When applied to the individual: Between doing something one finds unenjoyable that is of great benefit to the world, and something one finds fun but has no inherent value to anyone, which path is correct.

And where do people get such thoughts from? From the accessory part of the cerebrum of course! Now were the question "why" people get such thoughts, I'd say it's because people are uncertain about how to chose their paths in life and want to exchange ideas with others so as to gain a fuller picture of the world, and for this hypothetical scenarios are useful. 

I'll pose the same question as last time, as explained in the first section.

I viewed the question as you have some "thing" in your body, be it a symbiotic parasite that makes you immune to aids or something along those lines, that a doctor would need to kill you in order to distribute it to the rest of the world. It is your choice to live and keep this "thing" from the rest of the world or die to give it to them.

No i wouldnt die for that lul not my problem. (Sorry cold hearted but oh well) Morally wrong? I would say no. Maybe by living i could develop a way to decrease the hdi by 2% (never heard this term before im assuming its human death index or something) btw its totally acceptable to murder a bad guy who is in the act of murdering someone.

Do you enjoy math above literature?

Ps: typing this on a phone please excuse punctuation type of omissions, it is a pita to do that on a phone.

Edited by Fundles
ps

Im going to change stupid to silly on you. Not always, if you show the baby how people normally act most of the time. I think it is good to show them something out of the ordinary if it makes them laugh though.

Question: some people like to teach, some dont. Would you teach someone how to do your job, say a new coworker, considering once they are trained they become competition. 

Yes, because if my co-workers are skilled it the overall workplace is more efficient and more things can be done, and I'll have to do less work and be able to focus on doing work I'd like to do rather than do the work of others.

I don't see why hampering or actively sabotaging others would in any way help you. Your co kworkers aren't competition, they're teammates. 

Between Viridescent and Teal, do you preffer Viridescent?

2 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I don't know who Teal is, so yes, I prefer Viridiscent. 

They're actually colours. As in, bright green, and a hue of blue.

P710o33.jpg?18o4lqot.jpg

And yes, I play tennis 4-5 hours a week and am also an infrequent player of badminton and squash (like at most 10 hours a year of each). I also play chess sometimes, if you call that a sport.

Again, between Viridescent and Teal, would you say you prefer Teal?

Edited by Tartar