Ask the next person a Yes/No question

Daniel Blackworth

The world's too full of idiots to care. Bearing a grudge against someone empowers them, as you acknowledge their power to hurt you. Grudges are also a manifestation of impotence: an evil residue from past bitterness that we keep within ourselves, intending to let it fructify against the object of it at some future date, but all it does meanwhile is cause us harm and upset out mental peace. 

The logical thing to do when displeased or otherwise hurt by someone is to resolve the situation as soon as possible, by whatever methods you choose, or, if nothing can be done, to simply put the resentment out of one's mind. We can all do with less spite.

So no, I actively discourage myself from carrying grudges. I view bearing a grudge for another as an act of disrespect to myself, as I am displacing my own peace, empowering the importance of an unworthy other, and also displaying my powerlessness to do anything better about it. In every way, a despicable weakness.

There are no rightful grudges. They're all quite bad, you know.

Do you smile and laugh often?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally dislike sleep. Sleeping is the great enemy, and we must always stay vigilant against the tyranny of sleep. So no, I don't dislike waking up early, in fact I welcome it. I would sleep less than I already do if it didn't impact my productivity. 

Am I the only one who misses the existential questions from earlier? 

Personally, I do not, reasons being from things that have happened to the family.

For the next person, do you think the Switch at the moment of this post, is a good investment?

That fact would bear little or no relevance in deciding whether I like the person or not. It's not a factor by itself.

It's very like asking: "would you like someone who's tall/has a moustache/is older than you/etc". These things are (at least to me) very irrelevant criteria to like or dislike people by.

If you mean to ask, "do you like the trait of so-and-so in a person", then the answer is different; One can like or dislike height, moustaches, age, etc in people.

That said, I don't particularly appreciate self-deprecating humour. It seems gloomy and saps fun. I don't mind playful arrogance or even outright rudeness, but, not a big fan of self-deprecation. Then again, several of my good friends employ that kind of humour, but like I said, it doesn't matter.

Do you have a moustache?

Depends, actually. I usually aim for the top when the activity is something I enjoy; this may include academic stuff, writing, and gaming (although I'm just a casual gamer). If it's not something I enjoy, I don't strive as much. This mostly involves activities with much movement required.

Are you a top student?