Want a handmade sprite...? :D

• Administrators

Hi!

So, as you have probably heard lately, I'm having a little bit of trouble- that being that, just like last year, my mother has threatened to throw down the ground-hammer on me because I don't have a job*. Being that I'm 19 and am still managing to make rent, this doesn't quite make sense, but, she is not always the most logical of people, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that. Accordingly, if I do get grounded, I basically won't be able to do anything around here anymore.

*I was working under my school during the school year, but silly regulations prevent them from keeping me as an employee through the summer, meaning I have a job once school starts again, I just need to get through the summer (and temp-job searches have been less than fruitful)

So, luckily, although she grounded me before, she changed her mind. So like, hi! However, she openly said she might and probably will change it again, which would be like, bye, and that would be sad. So, in order to convince her that being online, and investing x hours per day into this site is a worthwhile endeavor (and by association, that she shouldn't ground me), I need to raise a substantial amount of money from the site.

And so that I can like, buy food.

Now, some of you might think of the ads on the mainsite. True, I get money from that. But... not much. In fact, the entire time they've been up, I've earned... exactly $11.10, and this is over a period of months. No, clicking them won't help; it's time/pageview-based.

So, we return to the donations. My fate is in y'alls hands. However, as before, I won't ask something for nothing. Of course, doing the same deal again wouldn't do any good so...

I'm going to be offering my spriting services for personal use. Custom sprites are in high-demand, which is why we have the sprite shop, but since I've been focusing on the Reborn Game lately, among other issues and life-drama, I haven't been able to update that much (is not forgotten though!). However, given the limited stock and further limited poses, that may not be suitable for just everyone.

So!

What I'm offering is for a $5 donation, I'll make YOU a handmade sprite with any detailings you choose. Specify the appearance, pose, Pokemon, etc. Request for certain sprite shop items to be in it, or give me some other reference picture- whatever you want to do, totally up to you, and for just five bucks. Reasonable, non?

Furthermore, since I know everyone wants to display their custom sprites, I've created a way that we can put these sprites on your trainer cards. Isn't hard at all, and I'll take care of it myself. This brings us to an interesting dilemma for some people who ARE spriters. Perhaps you have a different sprite that's already created that you want to use as your Trainer Card sprite. Well, in order to encourage activity on the Sprite Shop, I don't generally allow this, but since the system is in place now, if you want to use your own sprite on your trainer card, I'll hook it up for you if you donate any amount over $1 (just because I don't really make a profit from anything less than a dollar, silly PayPal. >>). Naturally, this is already included for people donating the price of a custom sprite, so no need to double-dip.

Aaaand, finally, because there is more to Pokemon characters than just a battle sprite- I'm also offering to sprite mug-shots for $5. Again, specify anything you want- though I imagine describing faces will be much more difficult... But we can cross that bridge when we come to it~

If you need examples of my work, well, I'll direct you to every Reborn Leader sprite ever.

Now with this deal, I'll start work -after- I receive the donation, but scouts honor I'll get it done quick as possible- and these don't take me that long, so it shouldn't be a big deal~

Returning to what I said before, my goal is to raise $100 through here- hopefully that'll be enough to show that this isn't a total waste of time here, non?

Help me out~ I'll love you forever, and more importantly, you gets a snazzy sprite! :D The Donation button is at the bottom of every page on the main site!

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

He's new. :P He and I talk on the server a bit.

Anyway, um, mailing money is not the most advisable path just because I hear that that is somewhat easy to steal, but I'm not opposed to it, if that's a risk you're willing to take. You can PM me for my address.

Paypal link is at the bottom of every main-site page. :o

Enigma- Actually this came from Rodaku actually requesting one on commission. I figured he might not be the only one, and it's something I can do at least

My dear brother if you need any money I will mail to you! If I had a credit card I would send you money too. Take care and hope you find a job soon! :D

*her/it.

What cards can I use to pay? Give me brand names.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure I know what the problem is. I registered my card with paypal a while ago. No idea what my user name and password are because I almost never used it, and the email account I used to register it doesn't exist anymore (stupid UNM). Although I got a new debit card, it still goes by the same numbers and all that. And with all of paypal's security stuff, it won't let me use it through paypal unless I log in and do it that way. So until I can use my cell phone so paypal to call me and confirm that it's me, I can't get back into my account to use anything.

So... bummer.

Any other way to donate, Ame? I don't have checks, so I can't even write one out and mail it to ya.

• Administrators

Summer- Anything Paypal accepts, which I imagine would be all the usual suspects.

Mael- Bleh D: That kinda leaves us between a rock and a hard place. If you can't mail or use your card what else could there be..?