[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

Liliya

"Not the afterlife. I don't know about you, but I ain't dead. No clue where we are, but this man, 'Andre', seems to think we're here for some kind of mission. Kill monsters or something." Liliya, though her appearance may have seemed to indicate complete bewilderment and disbelief, was in fact not terribly surprised. She had been expecting something of this sort since the change. The only problem was that none of the people here seemed to be the ones in charge. Turning back to the greeter, she asked, "Anything else you could tell us? Who brought us here? How we were chosen? Or do you just not know anything more?"

"I've told you everything I know. If you're okay with random guessing, I think we might have been picked by some higher being. Or it was a lottery of randos that could fight... Anyways, anyone hungry?"

Andre says as he pulls out a cheeseburger. He holds it up in offering to the gathered group... Someday someone needs to find out how he keeps those things relatively fresh in his storage.

"So, if we are indeed here for some reason," Vora began "I would like more information on exactly what we need to do, where we need to go, and what exactly it is we are fighting. The term 'monster' can be applied to almost anything. On top of that, sitting here eating something that appears to be dripping with some sort of unhealthy substance is not exactly accomplishing our mission... whatever that mission actually is..."

Liliya

"You forgot to mention that we don't know where he pulled that burger from. It's a burger by the way, meat on bread basically." She addressed Andre: "If you have nothing else, could you direct us to someone who knows something? Thanks." She glanced past him, but the two other people in the room hadn't seemed eager to volunteer information. Additionally, Liliya was somewhat disturbed by the one woman's ability to conjure explosions.

"Still would like a better explanation of what is going on" Vora grumbles as she walks over toward the rest of the group, ignoring Andre for the most part "So, this Andre character tried to explain, but I still don't completely understand... What is going on here; Where are we; and lastly, how do I get back? Some crazy shit went down before I ended up here and I need to get back so I can help fight those who would oppress my people, and the people of the solar system."

"The castle has like, warp engines on it. If you can figure out how to get to where ever it is you want to go then you could organise a mission there."

Andre points out. He takes a bite of his burger. Damn, nothing like a nice greasy burger to make listening to bitching more tolerable. Maybe he could sucker one of the newbies into a fight. That would be funny.

"... Warp engines?... what a primitive way to travel... honestly. Bending spacetime so you can literally jump from position to position is much faster... not that I know all the science behind it, but from what I hear warp drives are kind of obsolete where I am from... haven't seen one built into a ship since my grandfather brought home that antique cargo freighter... thing took a full month to get from Izer* to Figer*..."

((note on pronuciation: Izer is 'I-zer' and Figer is 'Fy-ger' (so the g makes the same sound as in 'Gary')))

Edited by Astrorious

Nessie

"I'm pretty sure we're all in the same boat." Artitha told the strange-looking newcomer, "I just got here myself and the most I've learned is that there's apparently supposed to be fighting." She still wasn't entirely sure of that. There was no proof Masaru and Andre were entirely reliable, and they seemed pretty out of the loop themselves. She glanced over her shoulder at the mess she'd just made and clutched her sword a little tighter, clearly indicating her nervousness to those around her

Liliya

"I don't know about that. What can you do? That woman can conjure explosions, I have my own talents, and this girl, well she seems quite good at appearing in midair and hitting the ground... Sorry. I suppose you have a gift too?" Liliya tried to lighten her tone. It would do no good to begin hostilities with someone in the exact same situation as her.

"Wait, I appeared out of thin air? This is news to me..." Vora said, somewhat surprised, "However, I do feel that sitting around not doing anything isn't going to help much. A spar would be nice, but I would rather it be done safely rather than haphazardly where someone could get hurt... the point of a spar is for practice, not for beating each other up after all. Do you we have a medical team or someone proficient at healing? I have a med-kit, but I don't know how well that is going to work if we start using super powers against one another. Also, is there a safe place to do so without breaking people or the ship? If we are here to fight, we need to be organized and all in condition ready to fight."

"My power is that I have the Charles Atlas Seal of approval! Anyways, yeah, we got an orc medicine guy on hand so we're fine to get hurt."

Andre turns around to reveal that on his back there is in fact a seal of approval from Charles Atlas. He also gets right down to removing his gauntlet and hand wrap, a wide smile on his face as he does so.

Liliya

"I'll watch. I'm not really interested in fighting at the moment." Andre appeared to have no more information to give, so there would be no reason not to sit down and watch him spar. She stretched, and sat down against the base of a wall. "Want me to be a referee of some type?" she asked in a bored manner.

Fire and light rained down upon the barren sands, turning them molten and glass, ether and song pouring through the growing rift in the air. The very sands whipped into a frenzy as the fabric of reality itself wa slowly twisted and contorted to the point of tearing, a fracture in this world, a window into another, foreign and ancient, great in it's fury as an ungodly roar poured through and shook the very earth itself in the area. A light seemed to be swallowed whole the moment it touched the breach, only growing fainter as out of it was thrust a being clad in scales and cloth, rolling to a halt in the sands for at least several meters, as if thrown through the portal by a force far greater than it could've defended against. 

Another roar resounded from the portal, this one clearly of rage, the shockwave of it's fury threatening to send the woman even further back. She stood, hair that was once white as snow matted with blood, her face in much the same condition, one of her eyes held shut and blinded with the amount that coated her face. The cloak she wore hung in tattered ribbons from her shoulders, black flames licking at them even now as the Voice of the beast struggled to maintain itself so far from it's source, this tear the only current connection between their realities. Even so, the boy and the beast were intent to have her soul, this much she knew, this much, she dreaded. And like clockwork, his conjured abomination thrust it's own arm through the opening, slamming the earth with great and unfathomable force; there was little time for Ghost to do anything but her speciality- fade out of the world, and let the thing strike at the empty air her physical body once occupied... she could feel even that power waning however. The beast lashed about the area with it's talons, sickly appendages the size of longswords that glowed with a faint green hue as they slashed at the air. Once more, the former master kept her bounds to this new world's physical realm superficial, limbing her way closer to the Voice Gate she'd torn into this world, welling up the last of her power in her chest, a faint, but soon surging glow of gold and silver burning there like hot fire...

And with a deafening shout that rocked the very land and sky around her, her words masked and warped by the sheer might of her vocalization and the otherwordly power of her immortal soul, the portal that she'd used to escape was suddenly and viciously slammed shut, cutting off Beast, Boy, and her former world from this one. The flesh of the beast's rampaging arm was severed with brutal swiftness, the newly repaired fabric of this reality acting like a guillotine as it returned to it's normal state, and down, down, down the dead limb fell, spasming with the last vestiges of life and animation before at long last going still. And in those moments just after, it too vanished from this world completely, fading into a glittering shower of lost Souls and their Voices.

It was only then that Ghost released the breath she'd not even realized she'd been holding, gripping the shattered and shredded remains of her arm, trying, and failing, to staunch the flow of blood with pressure alone; she was far too tired to expend anymore of her Voice than she'd done already with this last resort, and even more, she feared she may not have that much left to begin with. Up until the very moment she had shut the gate, she could feel him draining her on the other side, feel her heart and soul wither under his relentless assault. The boy had truly been intent on destroying her both in body and spirit. And he had damn near succeeded. 

"Alba..." the Deva called to her, even and nuetral though his gravel tone usually was, now there was nothing but a distinct concern as he urged the woman, "There, in the distance, a settlement... a fortress, hurry. These wounds will not allow you any liberty of time. Do not die on me..."

"I make... no promises that I... can't.... keep," the caller choked out in return. Finally she allowed her bound to this world's physical plane to reconnect itself, her body returning to tangible mass as she limped further and further towards the bustling hub of trade in the distance. She had no idea where she was- but it was clearly not where she had intended to throw her Voice to. This place looked nothing like the Exiled Lands of the Deva, felt nothing like it... even the very air was inherently incongruent with her homerealm, not in the way of that which hails from another continent, but that which hails from another world.

She bowed her head to the sun, the heat beginning to bake the blood covering her body and leaking from her many wounds, a crimson trail sizzling behind her with every step she took. She had known this was possible, with a powerful enough Voice, to rend the very fabric of time and space so thoroughly that one could access lands so far removed from their world, the distance between was quite literally unfathomable by mortal minds and unperceivable by their brains... and yet, here she was. But such feats were tales left over from the Era of the Gods, the Era where the deva still walked the earth as great forces to be reckoned with, without the aid of callers and summoners.

So with the majority of her might stolen, how had she managed it? She did not know. Tearing a way open to the exiled lands was one thing, it was still apart of the world, just one that had been sealed off from the physical realm... but to completely transcend the bindings of her reality and pass through to another one... 

No. She shook her head, it didn't matter. She had done it, she was alive. She would be back... when, she didn't know. Whether she'd be able to ever stop him, she did not know. But she'd made enough mistakes, and there was nothing that would stand in her way of righting the biggest of those...

She continued to bleed, as she limped through the desert. Slowly but surely, the settlement came closer into her view.

Mar returns from the brewery, passing the group by with two massive barrels made from grey stone, smelling of honey and some sort of smoked flavor, like jerky.

As he passes by, he nods at the newcomers. 

Going into the smithy, he dumps them on a shelf made of the same material.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Vora snarls; flashing her vampire-like teeth as a threat; as she lowers her center of gravity, getting ready to move out of the way at a moment's notice if need be, but also getting prepared to paralise her assailent if nessiary. she does not remove her gun from it's holster, as she still dosen't trust this 'Andre' being she literally just met and was now asking to spar... 

"This fool is asking to be bitten"

without warning, the orc passes by holding two barrels. he nods at them as he walks by.

"... sparing must be a common occurrence around here..."

((so, how is this going to be handled... are we going to actually enter combat or are we just going to RP a sparing match?))

Andre pauses and turns to Mar.

"Yo, Mar! Grab some potions for after the spar please!? I wanna see how the newbies do."

Andre stretches himself out, his bones cracking as air is released from them. His muscles gleam with the sweat and *ld Sp*ce on them as he gets into position.

"Do you want to make the first move or shall I?"

((Last time it was just RP'd))

"It only seems respectufl to have the lady go first" Vora states quicly before making her move, slamming Andre in the face with a punch

Vora uses Punch 

((and yes, that is the action punch... When going against someone who looks over-confident as all hell, she tends to play it safe and disable them before they get the chance to get the upper hand))

Andre looks almost offended at how weak the blow is. His eyes go to the vamp's fist, then down to her face. This repeats a few times before he starts to laugh. In fact he starts laughing so hard he probably wouldn't have time to react to anything else Vora does.

"Holy shit! That didn't even hurt! I-I'm in more distress at how fucking hilarious that was than getting hit by it!"

Andre continues laughing at the weak attack on his face. Weird guy.

Vora's plan was working perfectly. She had him stunned. Vora pushes Andre Over, then smiles, revealing her teeth again.

"You really thought my plan was to do damage to you through strength? Im not that stupid. You are obviously stronger than me, so taking you on in a battle of strength would not work well on my end. No, I planned on taking you down without too much force on my end, and I have done so." She looks over to the one Andre called 'Mar' "looks like he called you a bit prematurely. The names Vora."

"Okay, I concede. well done... granted, I am not that great at when fighting one-on-one," Vora said, still stunned,"I apparently spoke too soon. I guess we should have gone over what rule set we were using before we began"

Edited by Astrorious