SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

I have been stressed with my weather lately because i could not get the remaining pokemon for my pokedex since i needed clear weather, but my RNG is the worst having rain for the whole month and won't stop. I downloaded this mod and tried changing today's weather to be Clear but the forecast says it's going to have light rain. Am i missing something? i just need budew,hoppip,squirtle and natu but weather isn't helping me.

4 hours ago, exiisable said:

I have been stressed with my weather lately because i could not get the remaining pokemon for my pokedex since i needed clear weather, but my RNG is the worst having rain for the whole month and won't stop. I downloaded this mod and tried changing today's weather to be Clear but the forecast says it's going to have light rain. Am i missing something? i just need budew,hoppip,squirtle and natu but weather isn't helping me.

The mod doesn't change the forecast (unless you reroll the weather week): only the local weather in the place you are currently in is changed, and only for 8 hours max.
(Also the game only fully loads the weather when you change area; this is why the mod asks you to leave and come back to see the correct events)

20 hours ago, Waynolt said:

The mod doesn't change the forecast (unless you reroll the weather week): only the local weather in the place you are currently in is changed, and only for 8 hours max.
(Also the game only fully loads the weather when you change area; this is why the mod asks you to leave and come back to see the correct events)

I see, thank you for clarifying.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:03 PM, Waynolt said:

Yes, it can use any time scale (the default is 1:30, real time is 1:1): i can add it as a possible setting with the Additional Options mod from @Aironfaar... who hasn't logged in in the last 2 months. 😞
Mmm... as a temporary solution I'm adding the required code to the UnrealTime mod itself; you still need the Additional Options mod's main file in order to change it.

Oops. It's been that long since I last logged in, huh? Sorry 'bout that!

I'll put the code into my mod this weekend and post an update and shoot you a private message once I've done that so you can remove the relevant bits of code from your mod.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheAuraKing said:

im a bit confused about the mining mod. what does it do exactly? im getting back into the game after letting it sit from e16. i left off at shelly's gym and barely touched the mining iirc. so the tunnel comment threw me off. i dont care if it involves spoilers.

While mining, you have a max number of hits before it collapses (the minigame ends).
The mod prevents it from collapsing, and instead it drains cumulatively more and more money.

1 minute ago, Waynolt said:

While mining, you have a max number of hits before it collapses (the minigame ends).
The mod prevents it from collapsing, and instead it drains cumulatively more and more money.

Ooooh, so its a trade off. ok that makes more sense. im like, im building a tunnel? i get it was kinda a joke but i havent play in so long im thinking its possible

• 4 weeks later...

for some reason, it won't let me drag the 'mods' to the data folder 😣

Edit: actually, I watched Lostell's video he about this last month and I'm doing everything he's telling us to do and it's not even working at all. Like, I moved everything to the data file and it's still not working!

Edited by Bella the Eevee ~

1 hour ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

for some reason, it won't let me drag the 'mods' to the data folder 😣

Are you getting some kind of error?
Which operating system are you using?
Do you have Reborn installed on the hard disk?
Are you using a "guest user" on your PC, or some other type of account with limited privileges?

1 hour ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

I watched Lostell's video he about this last month and I'm doing everything he's telling us to do and it's not even working at all. Like, I moved everything to the data file and it's still not working!

Who is Lostell? :huh:

31 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Are you getting some kind of error?
Which operating system are you using?
Do you have Reborn installed on the hard disk?
Are you using a "guest user" on your PC, or some other type of account with limited privileges?

Who is Lostell? :huh:

Well, he's a youtuber that makes guide videos about pokemon reborn. Also, for the problem about moving the folders, I did it wrong ^^; but anyway, I'm just confused because I followed the video and did everything he instructed me to do but it still doesn't work. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong 🙂

10 minutes ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

Well, he's a youtuber that makes guide videos about pokemon reborn.

Oh. And he made one on how to install SWM? Nice!

10 minutes ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

Also, for the problem about moving the folders, I did it wrong ^^; but anyway, I'm just confused because I followed the video and did everything he instructed me to do but it still doesn't work. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong 🙂

Can you please post a link to the video? It seems I can't find it.

Assuming the video lists the correct steps: which mod files are you trying to install?
Are you trying to install them in Episode 18 of Pokemon Reborn?
Are you using any other mods?

25 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Oh. And he made one on how to install SWM? Nice!

Can you please post a link to the video? It seems I can't find it.

Assuming the video lists the correct steps: which mod files are you trying to install?
Are you trying to install them in Episode 18 of Pokemon Reborn?
Are you using any other mods?

here's the video!

I'm trying to use the weathmod and yes, I'm trying to install them in episode 18 and I never used any other mods. 

20 minutes ago, Kusanagi said:

So I'm using the mod and the items are banned during battles for both parties. I think it kinda make the battles less exciting, so is it possible to remive this feature ? And how ?

???

If you are talking about no items, that's a me thing but I don't remember Waynolt doing that. And you will be able to turn it off in the official release but not currently. If it's in SWM, there should be a text doc to turn it off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

I'm trying to use the weathmod and yes, I'm trying to install them in episode 18 and I never used any other mods. 

The video shows the correct steps... you had no problem doing it, but still don't get any "Control weather" option in the Pokegear, is that correct?

Have you checked again? There were reports from people having your same problem, and it somehow fixed itself before I was even able to reply.

If the option is still missing, then I'll send you a tool to try and investigate the issue.

4 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Thanks!

The video shows the correct steps... you had no problem doing it, but still don't get any "Control weather" option in the Pokegear, is that correct?

Have you checked again? There were reports from people having your same problem, and it somehow fixed itself before I was even able to reply.

If the option is still missing, then I'll send you a tool to try and investigate the issue.

oh wow! it's worked! thanks! Also, if I want to add another mod component (so for instance, the itemrader) do I have to just add that component in the mods folder (that was placed in the data folder) for it to work?

Edited by Bella the Eevee ~

43 minutes ago, Bella the Eevee ~ said:

oh wow! it's worked! thanks! Also, if I want to add another mod component (so for instance, the itemrader) do I have to just add that component in the mods folder (that was placed in the data folder) for it to work?

Yup. The itemradar is cool, btw.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Memedealer said:

I was wondering if it'd be possible to "turn on" the itemfinder since the beginning of the game. As if you had it.

That's cheating, I know. But is it possible to do this? Maybe have it as a mod?

Well, you could use the debug mode (there's a mod that enables it in Aironfaar's mod box) to give yourself an itemfinder at the beginning of the game; it should work, though it might break the event where you are usually given the itemfinder (haven't checked, might actually work fine there too).

6 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Well, you could use the debug mode (there's a mod that enables it in Aironfaar's mod box) to give yourself an itemfinder at the beginning of the game; it should work, though it might break the event where you are usually given the itemfinder (haven't checked, might actually work fine there too).

There can only be one key item in your bag which also goes for TMs so all that would happen is it would say you got the item and nothing else. Don't think it would break whatever scripting you did.

22 minutes ago, Commander said:

There can only be one key item in your bag which also goes for TMs so all that would happen is it would say you got the item and nothing else. Don't think it would break whatever scripting you did.

True, but there's a big difference between "i don't think it will break" and "i have checked that". 😛