SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 6:05 AM, Nickd91 said:

Sorry, reread your post and that definitely sounded like a bug, I admit I misread your post because it has 2 bugs, I think. My previous post definitely fixes that. This new one is a change that when lowered to 0 the ev stays at 0, allowing each consecutive stat lowering berry use to lower 1 iv each time. I did this because the growth model doesn't make sense in the backwards direction, as the ev would normally end up in the 200s and cause an overall higher stat, which would be easy to exploit. Not that there aren't countless other ways to exploit any Pokemon game. You might like this one better overall.

SWM - EvOverflow.rb 7.76 kB · 5 downloads

Soooo if I recall correctly:

• in E18 it actually did set it to a low value precisely to avoid that exploit (not zero though - it is possible someone actually wanted to make their mons happier, and I didn't want to accidentally punish them by fully resetting their IVs for that).
  • in E19 instead, when lowering any EV below 0, it actually removes 1 point from the IV and then tries to set the EV to 252 (the reasoning is that the new power items make it pretty easy to reach high EVs anyway, so I couldn't see any reason to prevent an exploit that wasn't that hard to replicate through legitimate means anyway if the player is willing to).
    "Tries to set the EV to 252" here means "gives whatever EV points can be given while respecting the overall 510 limit for EVs, as long as no password disables said limit"

I personally play with the password that disables the EV limit, the one that makes all my mons start at 0 IVs, the one that maxes out the enemy IVs and EVs, and try not to use power items if/when I'm grinding battles.

I like this combination because I like to keep my mons around in a small roster, with as little rotation as I can, and this makes me feel rewarded for sticking with my friends for as long as possible.

On 8/20/2023 at 3:07 PM, whataboringlife said:

can i ask why the sharedpc mod won't work? it made all the pokemon i put in it disappear from all the saves, the other mods i use work. just the pc one doesn't

I never actualy found out why these bugs with SharedPC happen, nor was I ever able to replicate any on my saves.
The best hypothesis I have for this at the moment is that it might have something to do with user permissions on Windows (I play on Linux, which handles these differently)...