SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

15 minutes ago, Nausicaa said:

Thank u! The only problem is that I can't update to EP19 I don't why. And I don't find any weather mod in the SWM pack

On 1/16/2023 at 1:08 PM, Valor Above All said:

The password is weathermod and it can be entered at the start of the game or at any PC if you have a data chip

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2022 at 3:35 AM, Faraday said:

Very slight inconvenience here. No matter what I do, box 48 always becomes my shared box. In my other save file its box 50, but my primary save is at box 48. I did a fresh install of reborn, cleared the "sharedPC.rxdata" stuff, and uninstalled the mod but nothings changing. I was just wondering if there's any way to change that. I tried looking at the code and it seems like it should default the last empty box. Even though my box 50 is empty it keeps going to box 48. I'm willing to go edit code if I have to. Thanks for even reading this LOL its really bothering me

little late here, but for me clearing box 50 in both save files and fill the box 45-49 with some mons fix that issue

Edited by khinn

On 3/15/2023 at 4:42 PM, khinn said:

little late here, but for me clearing box 50 in both save files and fill the box 45-49 with some mons fix that issue

The new version tries to be smart: if there's already a box named "Shared Box" it will use that one, else it will choose the last empty box.

This way it can handle changes to the number of available boxes and allows players to choose if they want a different box to be the shared one.
(Should have mentioned this earlier, but forgot to 😅)

23 hours ago, Waynolt said:

The new version tries to be smart: if there's already a box named "Shared Box" it will use that one, else it will choose the last empty box.

This way it can handle changes to the number of available boxes and allows players to choose if they want a different box to be the shared one.
(Should have mentioned this earlier, but forgot to 😅)

ah i see, just realise that. thatˈs cool feature tho!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2017 at 4:28 AM, Waynolt said:

PLEASE MAKE A POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH ANY OF THESE MODS.
I check on discord about once a year, more or less; hence, your best chance to get help from me is to come here, in the forum.
(In case you're wondering, SWM stands for "Select Weather Mod": this was its name before it became a modpack, and when it came the time to rename it... I actually didn't 😋)
(Btw I'm not crazy nor that original... it's somewhat of a citation, as this is literally how Trumpkin got his nickname)

This modpack is for Pokemon Reborn; if you're looking for a Rejuvenation-compatible version, you can find it here:

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33807-rejuvenation-modular-modpack-v11-patch-3/

You can also find this modpack's files versioned on GitHub:

https://github.com/Waynolt/SWM-modular-modpack

FAQ

"Why is there no longer the mod XXX?"

> It's a password in the base game now.

"I can't find it in the passwords"
> Look better; I've decided to not port a couple of mods, but 90% of the missing ones are in the base game now.

Installation

Download link: (v77 - updated 14/09/2022)

https://github.com/Waynolt/SWM-modular-modpack/releases/latest/download/SWM_modular_modpack_E19.zip

The link above will allow you to download a .zip archive.

Inside of that archive you will find a "Readme.pdf" explanatory file and a "Mods" folder.

To install, just drop the folder "Mods" into the folder "[Pokemon Reborn]\Data\"

(At the end you should have a "[Pokemon Reborn]\Data\Mods" folder with a bunch of files inside.)
This video from Lostelle explains it, showing each step required: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hc3Mo432C0

If playing on a Mac with Wineskin, then, as @Tacos suggests in this thread, do all the modding in a Reborn folder outside of the wrapper and then make a new wrapper with that folder

Every component is stand-alone, and can be used on its own; please refer to the "brief summary" below for more info on each one.

--------------------------------------------------

Brief summary of each mod component

(Please remember to check and delete the components you do not want when you are installing this mod pack!)

Reveal hidden contents

• "SWM - ChooseStarter": while you are in the starter selection room, you can select your starter (as if you wanted to give it an item) and use the "Change starter" option to randomize or choose its species.

• "SWM - EvOverflow": if your mon's EV in any stat would go over 252, without breaking the 510 overall limit, then you are offered the choice to improve its IV, at the cost of resetting that EV.
If instead you use friendship berries at 0 EV you are offered the choice to reduce the IV.

Use the password "noevcap" to disable EVs being lowered to make room for new gains when reaching the 510 overall limit.

• "SWM - ItemRadar" changes the ItemFinder so that, when activated, it stays on and marks hidden items on the game map.

(Alternative graphics by @Player_Null_Name  : https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/24930-swm-modular-modpack-e19/?do=findComment&comment=808102
Alternative graphics by @Xander : https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/24930-swm-modular-modpack-e19/?do=findComment&comment=835844

Alternative graphics by @SimplyEmy : https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/24930-swm-modular-modpack-e19/?do=findComment&comment=971656
To use them, download the .png image attached to the linked post and use it to replace the mod's default "SWM - ItemRadar.png" file)

• "SWM - LearnEggMoves" lets the move relearner teach any egg move.

• "SWM - MiningForRich": while mining the wall won't collapse, but mining further costs cumulatively more and more money (spent on materials to build a tunnel, of course :P ).

• "SWM - NoTMXAnimations" hides the TM animations for using Cut, Strength, etc, out of battle.

• "SWM - PredictRelationshipValues" makes the move Psychic usable out of combat, and using it lets you know each npc's relationship value.

• "SWM - RestToWait" makes the move Rest usable out of combat, and using it lets you wait for some simulated time.

• "SWM - SharedPC" makes the last box in the PC shared amongst savegames: mons you put in it will be there if you start a new game or load a different savegame.

• "SWM - SnappyMenus" makes menu transitions instantaneous.

• "SWM - TypeBattleAnnouncer" causes the announcer to say the species and typing of opponent mons about to enter the field instead of their names.

• "SWM - TypeBattleIcons" shows each pokemon's type in battle.

Compatibility with other mods

Known incompatible mods:

Reveal hidden contents

• None yet

Already compatible, no patch needed:

Reveal hidden contents

• Any mod that doesn't add files to the Mods folder.
• Any mod that doesn't change the Scripts.rxdata file.
• The E19 version of the Sandbox Mode is fully compatible.

• The E19 version of the Additional Options mod is fully compatible.
Pyrolusitium Z is compatible, but you have to follow its install instructions.

Probably compatible, or at least they used to be:

Reveal hidden contents

• The E19 version of the Plates of Arceus mod would be fully compatible.

If there's any I forgot about, sorry; simply ask about them.

Changelog

Reveal hidden contents

v77
• Added SnappyMenus.

v76
• Added TypeBattleAnnouncer.

v75
• Bugfix for the itemfinder mod.

v74
• Relaceshionship?

v73
• Aevian Misdreavus is a thing.

v72
• EvOverflow only lowers EVs if the mon is holding a power item.

v71
• Updated a variable name in MiningForRich to ensure compatibility with the Additional Options mod.

v70
• Shared PC will no longer nuke your Shared Box if you save a new game without ever accessing the PC.

v69
• Added RestToWait.

• Better starter room check for ChooseStarter.

v68
• Updated for E19.

v67
• Added LocalSavegames.

v66
• EvOverflow has been edited to be compatible with Redux.

v65
• UnrealTime no longer blocks the Lottery minigame (there are easier ways to cheat, after all).

v64
• SWM has been updated to 18.4.

• UnrealTime has been split into two components.

v63
• SharedPC should now be compatible with the Mac version of the game.

v62
• Fixed a bug in BagSortByType.

v61
• SharedPC notifies if the game is not updated to Episode 18.2.

v60
• SharedPC is updated to Episode 18.2.

v59
• SharedPC should now be able to detect corrupted SharedPC.rxdata files and prevent them from being loaded.

v58
• ChooseStarter can now be used to get any Drapion form, modded or not.

v57
• Pickup chance can now be changed using another mod.

v56
• Added a check to ItemRadar to prevent an error.

v55
• Added an option for NoTMXNeeded.

v54
• Added NoHpAnimation.

v53
• Mouse can now select/deselect the button for Z moves/mega evolution/ultra burst.

v52
• Added WildEncounterRates.

v51
• UnrealTime's timescale customization is now handled by another mod.

v50
• Changed the order of the TMXs in NoTMXNeeded.

v49
• SetWeather now tries to prevent a crash by resetting the weather calendar before changing it.

v48
• Added EvOverflow.

• ExpShareFullTeam now tries to show the Exp gained only once per defeated foe.

v47
• UnrealTime's timescale can now be customized.

v46
• Added FindInPC.

• Added MultiSelectPC.

v45
• Added PredictRelationshipValues.

• The moves in NoTMXNeeded are now sorted alphabetically.

v44
• ChooseStarter now also checks for the number of badges.

v43
• Removed an unexpected break from NoTmxNeeded.

• Improved bitmaps' creation in ShowStatBoosts.

v42
• LearnEggMoves now lists incense-bred moves too.

v41
• ChooseStarter and NoTMXNeeded are no longer fused together.

• ChooseStarter now accepts partial names when looking for the chosen species.

• NoTMXNeeded's menu entries are now grouped together in a submenu.

v40
• Added ShowStatBoosts.

v39
• Mouse should no longer indirectly overwrite the speed-up key.

v38
• Added a version check to every component of this modpack.

v37
• Updated the modpack to E18.

• Added AAA.

• Added BagSortByType.

• Added Mouse.

• Removed EggPicking (a derivative of it is included in the unmodded E18).

v36
• NoTMXNeeded is now compatible with another mod's option.

• Added MiningForRich.

v35
• EggPicking got polished up a bit.

v34
• Code improvement for ItemRadar.

v33
• PickupQoL now also affects Honey Gather.

v32
• Added InfiniteBackups, and changed SharedPC to accomodate its edits.

• Removed Insurgence (redundant, since another mod offers the same functionality).

v31
• Added Insurgence.

v30
• v29 was a lie.

v29
• ExpShareFullTeam now accepts another mod's option.

v28
• UnrealTime now includes an on-screen clock.

v27
• Fixed interaction between EggPicking and the Follower Pokemon mod.

v26

• Fixed a crash with ExpShareFullTeam when fighting double battles while having an incomplete party.

v25
• Fixed a typo in EggPicking.
• ItemsBan accidentally banned pokeballs too.

v24
• Slight code improvement for SharedPC, EggPicking, and ExpShareFullTeam.
• Added module ItemsBan

v23
• Started changelog.

SWM_large.png.5af7f4c5ba12063d70f71b39a760dfaa.png

For previous Reborn episodes:

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 18

• Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iuvk4uLSRV4VEMF0Gp5wdv9d5MmlZ-ez

Episode 17

• Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pemW487Qt9kMKQnxS4rhdjamnw0pjhAN/view?usp=sharing
• Compatibility patches: (install the mod, then SWM, then the patch)

> Personthing's Follower mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gov02z03QCcFKw42xhklxpO5vQNIm6Yw

> DerxwnaKapsyla's Sandbox mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jTyAkNqMHjuaU6qDMoB893z12ZNZmJK4

Episode 16

• Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4XiRtkwr4blLXdlX29BU3ZZQ0E

hi there, why there is no control weather mod for v77?

12 hours ago, Dred said:

That feature has been integrated into the game via the password system. 

oh i see, thanks for the information.

can i ask why there is no attack animation like ember, spark and etc? 

is there something wrong with my pokemon reborn and is there a method to enable it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Im not sure what ive done wrong, i dropped in the mod folder but when i go to put a mon in the share box then go onto another save the other save doesnt have a sharebox and then when i go back to my first save the mon i put in there is now gone entirely.

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Developers

I found a bug in SWM - EvOverflow. There is no way to reduce EVs to 0. When I have EV value for example 6 and use the appropriate EV reducing berry the EV value remains unchanged and IV is reduced by 1 instead. The IV reduction should happen only if EV was already 0 before using the berry.

On 6/18/2023 at 2:24 AM, enumag said:

I found a bug in SWM - EvOverflow. There is no way to reduce EVs to 0. When I have EV value for example 6 and use the appropriate EV reducing berry the EV value remains unchanged and IV is reduced by 1 instead. The IV reduction should happen only if EV was already 0 before using the berry.

Don't think that is a bug, but intended. I like the idea though and made the change myself. Haven't tested yet, but try this.

SWM - EvOverflow.rb

16 hours ago, enumag said:

Nah it's definitely a bug.

Sorry, reread your post and that definitely sounded like a bug, I admit I misread your post because it has 2 bugs, I think. My previous post definitely fixes that. This new one is a change that when lowered to 0 the ev stays at 0, allowing each consecutive stat lowering berry use to lower 1 iv each time. I did this because the growth model doesn't make sense in the backwards direction, as the ev would normally end up in the 200s and cause an overall higher stat, which would be easy to exploit. Not that there aren't countless other ways to exploit any Pokemon game. You might like this one better overall.

SWM - EvOverflow.rb

Edited by Nickd91
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...