SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

12 hours ago, SDesertKicks said:

Is it because I switched the default buttons in controls?

I doubt that it matters, since afaik you can't remap CTRL through the "Controls" menu.

12 hours ago, SDesertKicks said:

I've pasted it in correctly, but me holding control when I select move does nothing.

It might be that you simply can't see the graphics: did you copy the .png file too?
Another possibility is an error while doing it: CTRL has to be pressed while you activate the "Move" option.
Another possible explanation is that CTRL isn't being recognized, maybe due to some strange keyboard setting.
Or there could be a mod incompatibility: which other mods are you using?

I'm not using any other mods other than the ones in the SWM modpack and speedbreed, and I am pressing control when I select move. I don't know what the problem is, I guess it just may not work on my game due to some setting or I'm screwing something up and I don't realize it. I've tried pressing nearly every key as well, so it isn't switched.

20 minutes ago, SDesertKicks said:

I'm not using any other mods other than the ones in the SWM modpack and speedbreed, and I am pressing control when I select move. I don't know what the problem is, I guess it just may not work on my game due to some setting or I'm screwing something up and I don't realize it. I've tried pressing nearly every key as well, so it isn't switched.

Please try, in this order:
1. Open the PC
2. Hold CTRL while choosing Move (one time only) on any slot occupied by a mon
3. Move the cursor over an empty slot in the PC
4. Activate it (default is the ENTER key)
5. Did anything happen after step 4?

Hello, i was thinking how hard of a project would it be,  instead of the current stat boost panels,   to have a system similar to insurgence,  where only active stat alterations  appear on the side,  without  cluttering the interface with a visible panel

5 minutes ago, DemICE said:

Hello, i was thinking how hard of a project would it be,  instead of the current stat boost panels,   to have a system similar to insurgence,  where only active stat alterations  appear on the side,  without  cluttering the interface with a visible panel

I mean...the coding exists so we could probably look at it and make something similar to its functionality since the hard part is the graphics and where to place them. Not sure how it'd work with the SWM since I code my stuff within the scripts.

1 hour ago, SDesertKicks said:

It gave me the option to place the mon,  among all of the other options. Also, I won't be available to troubleshoot further until tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far!

Mmm... then it seems that the modified script isn't running at all.
Does any other mod in the SWM modpack work?

3 hours ago, DemICE said:

That's kind of what @DreamblitzX had asked me to make at first.
Tbh, I don't really like this idea... but you can make it yourself, of course.

As @Commander mentioned, you could simply copy/adapt the code from Insurgence.

Another option (if you don't mind the current position) would be to make the "neutral" tab in the .png file transparent in my mod.
This would hide the tab when there's no stat bonus/malus, but still show the appropriate cell if needed.

For example, the "simple style" from @Player_Null_Name does exactly that:
SWM- ShowStatBoosts.png

3 hours ago, Commander said:

I code my stuff within the scripts.

owjwx57eisjnyhugdqnm.Png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting an error whenever I try to change the weather.  Do you know why this might be occurring?  I wanted to make the weather windy.

Script 'Settings' line 0: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method '[] =' for 11:Fixnum

Edit:  I noticed it was windy when I went back to Obsidia.  I was originally in Spinal Town, so the bug may have occurred because I was there.  I tried changing the weather again in Obsidia and it worked fine.  By the way, thanks for the modpack.

11 hours ago, RavenOfDestruction said:

Hello everyone! Im trying to install some of the mods but it deosn't seem to work. I would like to know if someone can do this for me? 

Sorry, but you're being too generic to really be helped... please try posting some additional details, like what have you tried to do and what has happened.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:33 AM, DanelerH said:

I'm getting an error whenever I try to change the weather.  Do you know why this might be occurring?

Yes: sometimes the weather believes he's a single number instead of a series (an "array") of numbers.
Letting enough time pass or using the mod's "Reroll weather week" option usually fixes this.

1 hour ago, RavenOfDestruction said:

I've downloaded the files, i inserted them in the data, I set the mods i wanted to be true instead of false yet it still doesn't seem to work.

Then you might be using a *slightly* outdated version. Episode 16, iirc. XD
Please download the E18 version of Pokemon Reborn, the E18 version of the SWM modpack, and follow the install instructions in the first post.

9 hours ago, RavenOfDestruction said:

I'm playing E18

In the E18 version of the mod there are no .ini files to edit, there are no "true" and "false" to set.
You just need to copy the mod file(s) that you want into Reborn/Data/Mods and play.

7 hours ago, RavenOfDestruction said:

Sorry but I downloaded them and it still dosn't work. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it still doesn't work for me.

Again, I need more details to be able to help you.
I need to know what you did try, in order to guess what might have gone wrong; else, the only thing I can do is repeat the install instructions.

9 hours ago, RavenOfDestruction said:

I downloaded the mods, I selected the mods that I want and I put them in the data folder.

Please make sure they are extracted and copied in the Mods subfolder inside of Data (this is very important, because the game only looks for .rb files there).

Which mods are you trying to install?
Are you using any other mod?
Which operating system are you using?

9 hours ago, guardianknight said:

hello there i was wondering if you could add walk through walls into it and if so, make sure that it works and, add it into the debug menu so people can turn it on or off from there.

No, because the debug menu is not part of this modpack and, most importantly, because a "walk through walls" mod already exists as part of the same modpack that containst the debug menu.

Guest Relinquished

Can somebody use the Pokegear app for changing time (set time from in-game, instead of using pc-clock), but without the Unreal Time effect (in game time goes much faster by default)?

4 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Can somebody use the Pokegear app for changing time (set time from in-game, instead of using pc-clock), but without the Unreal Time effect (in game time goes much faster by default)?

Yes, it can use any time scale (the default is 1:30, real time is 1:1): i can add it as a possible setting with the Additional Options mod from @Aironfaar... who hasn't logged in in the last 2 months. 😞
Mmm... as a temporary solution I'm adding the required code to the UnrealTime mod itself; you still need the Additional Options mod's main file in order to change it.