SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

Hey guys, having a bit of trouble actually having a 'mods' option in the main menu or in game, but I have copied the scripts and the mods folder to the Data folder. Anyone know what might be the problem?
EDIT: nvm I'm dumb lol.

Hey, I just installed your mom and they're working fine. Thanks for making it! I have a pretty big concern though. Whenever I'm in a battle, no matter if it's a trainer or in the wild, the enemy will never attack me. They won't use any moves or potions or anything. Do you know why that is and can you help me fix it? I'm using version 36 on e17

EDIT: Also, your mining thing crashes the game after so many uses. How many uses varies but it does crash the game.

EDIT2: Just got this in a battle with a geodude. This has never happened before.

---------------------------
Pokemon Reborn
Exception: NameError
PokeBattle_Move:1891:in `pbCalcDamage'
PokeBattle_Move:3610:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:8030:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:4462:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:4368:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:4368:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:5126:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:5078:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:5129:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:5866:in `pbProcessTurn'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\zelda\Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

Edited by Alfred1346

8 minutes ago, Alfred1346 said:

Hey, I just installed your mom and they're working fine. Thanks for making it! I have a pretty big concern though. Whenever I'm in a battle, no matter if it's a trainer or in the wild, the enemy will never attack me. They won't use any moves or potions or anything. Do you know why that is and can you help me fix it? I'm using version 36 on e17

that typo made things hilariously out of context

I may have solved the problem myself. I didn't realize I was using a version of the game that was so old. It was still E17 but it was from the end of last year. I'm going to see about reinstalling your mods again and hope for the best.

Mining still crashes the game but at least everything else is working properly and no other errors are happening. I can handle this.

Edited by Alfred1346

Good news everyone!

E18 community is out, and SWM has been updated too!

A few changes: EggPicking was removed, swapping Scripts.rxdata is no longer necessary (thanks to the devs including the only changed line in the unmodded game), and there are a few new modules which @DreamblitzX helped me test/debug (thanks again!).

Also, I've episode-locked every mod in the pack - trying to use them with the wrong Reborn episode will exit the game.
(You have a self-fulfilling permission to use them in another Episode - meaning that if you know how to remove the lock, then I trust that you also know what you're doing ^^)

The new modules:

BagSortByType adds the option to sort the bag by type.
Well, actually it sorts by custom order... you can edit it in-game (changes will be saved in an external .txt file in your savegame folder).
(The default order has been provided by @DreamblitzX, who was nice enough to rework the mess I had left behind the previous default order.)

Mouse enables the mouse in-game.
Most things are clickable, the cursor is temporarily definitive (it's temporary in that it's a placeholder, but it's also definitely the best I can do), and you can move by clicking on the ground. Click on yourself to activate/turn around.

@Alfred1346 Please check if you're still getting that error with the E18 version of the modpack.

1 hour ago, lolokxd said:

Just wanted to say the SWM breaks/bugs overworld eggs. It'd be helpful if you fixed it for e18! ^^

I know: Reborn E18 already includes EggPicking, thus using SWM's EggPicking (for E17) in Reborn E18 causes a conflict.
(It's part of the reason why SWM is now episode-locked 😛 )

Hey, so using this modpack with the community release of E18 results in the speed-up (alt key) function not working... At least for me. I don't know which specific mod causes it, but I have tested running the game with and without the mods folder in the data folder, and the speed-up (alt key) works fine without the mods, but it does not work with the mods installed.

Is this a problem specific for me, because I screwed something up, or does this happen to anyone else too?

6 minutes ago, Blendstrup said:

Hey, so using this modpack with the community release of E18 results in the speed-up (alt key) function not working... At least for me. I don't know which specific mod causes it, but I have tested running the game with and without the mods folder in the data folder, and the speed-up (alt key) works fine without the mods, but it does not work with the mods installed.

Is this a problem specific for me, because I screwed something up, or does this happen to anyone else too?

I had the same problem, but it worked again when I removed the mouse mod, try removing this mod and see if it will return to normal for you.

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

I've found the mouse makes the game lag a lot more than normal anyways.

Feared this... it's the reason I originally had asked @DreamblitzX for help: I'm currently on a low-end netbook, and I needed someone to check if the mod caused noticeable lag on a machine that doesn't have background lag already.
Can you please tell me if this version (with the cursor image disabled) also does lag for you?

SWM - Mouse+NoCursor.rb

Also, can you please tell me which operating system are you on, and if the unmodded Reborn is ever laggy on your machine?

P.S. None of the mods mess with the speed-up function (it's called pbTurbo() in the game scripts), so while it may be that some make the game too heavy for the machine to handle the speed-up, they don't actually overwrite that function.

EDIT: On further investigation, it turns out that the Mouse mod messes with pbTurbo indirectly... I'm uploading a fixed version as SWM v39

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Feared this... it's the reason I originally had asked @DreamblitzX for help: I'm currently on a low-end netbook, and I needed someone to check if the mod caused noticeable lag on a machine that doesn't have background lag already.
Can you please tell me if this version (with the cursor image disabled) also does lag for you?

SWM - Mouse+NoCursor.rb

Also, can you please tell me which operating system are you on, and if the unmodded Reborn is ever laggy on your machine?

P.S. None of the mods mess with the speed-up function (it's called pbTurbo() in the game scripts), so while it may be that some make the game too heavy for the machine to handle the speed-up, they don't actually overwrite that function.

EDIT: On further investigation, it turns out that the Mouse mod messes with pbTurbo indirectly... I'm uploading a fixed version as SWM v39

Ah yea I'd been meaning to mention that I had a weird issue which I'm pretty sure if from the mods, where the speedup seems to be on by default, and trying to toggle it freezes the screen until I toggle it again, and also seems to lock my action while frozen, but continues existing ones (so if I'm walking in a direction when I toggle it, it keeps walking in that direction while the image is frozen)

3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

SWM - Mouse+NoCursor.rb

Will take a look at the script when I get home.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, latest updates, and unmodded doesn't lag at all. My laptop's got a 7700HQ in it.

Lemme know if you want help testing anything or help possibly programming. Always happy to.

4 hours ago, Tempest said:

Will take a look at the script when I get home.

Ok 🙂

5 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Ah yea I'd been meaning to mention that I had a weird issue which I'm pretty sure if from the mods, where the speedup seems to be on by default, and trying to toggle it freezes the screen until I toggle it again, and also seems to lock my action while frozen, but continues existing ones (so if I'm walking in a direction when I toggle it, it keeps walking in that direction while the image is frozen)

Which SWM version are you having this with?
In Rejuv or Reborn?
If in Reborn, does it keep happening with v39?

• Global Mods
36 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Ok 🙂

Which SWM version are you having this with?
In Rejuv or Reborn?
If in Reborn, does it keep happening with v39?

This is was on the test version you sent me, on Beta. it seems fine with the current version on community, so I wouldn't worry, but I'll let you know if something crops up again

18 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

This is was on the test version you sent me, on Beta. it seems fine with the current version on community, so I wouldn't worry, but I'll let you know if something crops up again

Ok 🙂

4 minutes ago, Alisae said:

so um

I'm pretty sure that the SharedPC or something that this mod has in its current state is overwriting over mons and their items

Could be a me problem but I really doubt it is

That's exactly what it is supposed to do: save the mons in your last PC box when you save the game, and overwrite them when you load it 😛

Just now, Waynolt said:

That's exactly what it is supposed to do: save the mons in your last PC box when you save the game, and overwrite them when you load it 😛

oh so I'm supposed to lose my aegislash and have 2 rotom-Ws

good to know