Jump to content
Waynolt

SWM modular modpack [E18.2]

Recommended Posts

Thank you so much! I just downloaded it and it seems to work fine, though I only tested it for a few minutes. I've been dreading reverting to Ep. 15 just to change the weather since I've been stuck on heavy rain for more than a month (Can't use Fire types).

For anyone wondering how, the download comes with a 'Scripts' file. Put it in place of the Scripts file in the Pokemon Reborn Data folder, though keep the old one just in case. 

 

Also I'm not sure what you mean by the other things.

Quote

It includes the option to get any starter [...]

I'll pass on getting multiple starters, assuming that's what you mean; Having a Snivy, Torchic, and a Froakie at the start of the game seems a bit OP to me.

Quote

[...] and to use TMXs out of battle by just having the TM and the badge, without actually teaching that move to any pokemon.

Do you mean using, say, Strength outside of battle even if my Pokemon doesn't know it? That would be a real time saver.

 

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BluePaw said:

Thank you so much! I just downloaded it and it seems to work fine, though I only tested it for a few minutes. I've been dreading reverting to Ep. 15 just to change the weather since I've been stuck on heavy rain for more than a month (Can't use Fire types).

For anyone wondering how, the download comes with a 'Scripts' file. Put it in place of the Scripts file in the Pokemon Reborn Data folder, though keep the old one just in case. 

 

Also I'm not sure what you mean by the other things.

I'll pass on getting multiple starters, assuming that's what you mean; Having a Snivy, Torchic, and a Froakie at the start of the game seems a bit OP to me.

Do you mean using, say, Strength outside of battle even if my Pokemon doesn't know it? That would be a real time saver.

 

Thanks again!

Those two extra features are other mods he worked on, but didn't remove the code for.  Unless I'm remembering wrong, the starter part involves  choosing any normal (non-legendary/mythical) Reborn-available Pokemon, but I haven't actually used that mod before (since it only works in the starter room).  That's exactly what the TMX mod does, from what I remember, and is the base mod for it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seki108 said:

Those two extra features are other mods he worked on, but didn't remove the code for.  Unless I'm remembering wrong, the starter part involves  choosing any normal (non-legendary/mythical) Reborn-available Pokemon, but I haven't actually used that mod before (since it only works in the starter room).  That's exactly what the TMX mod does, from what I remember, and is the base mod for it all.

Correct :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah I see. That adds an interesting element to the game, being able to pick any non-legend Pokemon as your starter. I'll have to try it out sometime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BluePaw said:

Ah I see. That adds an interesting element to the game, being able to pick any non-legend Pokemon as your starter. I'll have to try it out sometime!

It gives two options, from which you can choose one (or none, if you prefer the normal starters):

>you can have a random starter, which is picked amongst those that the game recognizes as available and unevolved (I didn't write any list, the mod uses script functions that were already in the game to pick a random pokemon)

 

-or-

 

>you can manually select a starter using its pokedex ID; if you choose one that you would not normally be allowed to get in the game (detected using the previously mentioned script function), you'll get a warning.

The warning though will not stop the process: if you really want to go through and play with Arceus as a starter imho that's your business, but you won't be allowed to bring it online.

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I ask how does the Weather mod works. I downloaded it, but I kept the old script data in case I mess something up. I don't know exactly what to do cause I want to use the mod.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 0ddman said:

May I ask how does the Weather mod works. I downloaded it, but I kept the old script data in case I mess something up. I don't know exactly what to do cause I want to use the mod.

Just use the "select weather" option in the added Pokegear app.  ;)

If instead you're asking what it does:
It allows the game to randomize and record the planned weathers for the week like it would normally, then when the game tries to read the plan it goes "you know what, it actually says it should be X weather here", where X is your choice.

In more technical terms: it lets the game define the weather array, but then overwrites its element that the game is trying to access (with a few simple lines put between the "read" and "use" portions of the original script).
When 5 days have passed and the weather week is rerolled, that changed variable is discarded and overwritten by the "normal" script.

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, arieltonc said:

Pretty nice, but how did you manage to do this?

As already written, the game plans the weathers for the week in advance, once at the start of every week.

This plan is an array (a list), with each element in it composed by two numbers: an ID for the weather type and a number indicating its strength.
 

This mod simply changes the planned weather for today in the area you're in.

Edited by Waynolt
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Waynolt said:

As already written, the game plans the weathers for the week in advance, once at the start of every week.

This mod simply changes the planned weather for today in the area you're in.

 

I mean the programming part. Just edit with RPG MAKER, or something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arieltonc said:

 

I mean the programming part. Just edit with RPG MAKER, or something else?

Oh.
Well, I used an rxdata script editor called "Gemini".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Waynolt said:

Oh.
Well, I used an rxdata script editor called "Gemini".

Thanks. It can be used to do others mods right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, arieltonc said:

Thanks. It can be used to do others mods right? 

Sure; well, script mods only, I guess, but yeah.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou! Since I'm on my very first playthrough, I didn't want to go on until E17 due to the weather being broken in my save. Your mod allows me to go on playing right now. I appreciate it so much, I'd even throw money at you for it, heh. Again, thanks!

Edited by Aironfaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aironfaar said:

I appreciate it so much, I'd even throw money at you for it, heh. Again, thanks!

Throw it at Ame :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PMDrax said:

So applying this mod won't damage my sav file in future episodes? Just want to get that damn eevee lol.

If E17 will keep the "re-plan every weather each week", it won't do any damage.

Else, the worst that could happen is that you'd have to advance the calendar 1 week before updating (advancing the calendar will reroll the planned weathers and overwrite the change this mod allowed you to make to the planned weathers).

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that affect Relationship Points somehow? I'm just checking because I just don't want to do another run for those xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HUEnd said:

Does that affect Relationship Points somehow? I'm just checking because I just don't want to do another run for those xD

I don't think so (how could it?)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

I don't think so (how could it?)...

I felt the exactly same way while I was writing it :P

It's an excellent mod for a fast run and for who can't wait for a whole week to have a different weather, great job! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Does using this mod, carry any risk for corrupting or breaking something, game-related?

 

I am again at a point that i should collect everything before progressing, so i need to get certain weather, in order to catch some pokemon...

There always is a risk in pretty much everything in life.

There is no reason for this to break anything though (that's as far as I know of course: this mod just changes the planned weather for today in the area you are in - and the game plans the week's weathers at the start of every week, so this change always gets overwritten in a week at most unless you messed with the calendar in the wrong way), and I did recently finish a full playthrough without encountering problems with a modded starter and using the weather selection.

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I downloaded the mod, and moved the files.  The mod works in the sense that the weather visibly changes, however, the tree that block access to the eevee tunnel remains.  I've tried changing the weather to both forms of windy, entered and exited the house in the forest several times, entered and the exited the actual forest several times, and yet the tree remains.  Am I missing something?

 

Edit:

LOL it also needs to be night.  My bad.

Edited by Stauf96
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask how to use the mods?

Do I just leave them in the Reborn folder, or do I have to do something with the Game.ini file?

I'm on mac, and am not super tech savy for these things :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...