Favorite Anime?

Bafted

Yu-gi-oh, as in all adaptions, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Future Diary, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Death Note, Berserk, Assassination Classroom, Kill La Kill, Attack On Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, Fate/Stay Night all adaptions, Pokemon, Soul Eater, One Piece, Akame Ga Kill, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Steins; Gate, Sword Art Online, Strike The Blood, Deadman Wonderland, Sankarea, and tons more but those are the ones I like and come to mind. Also a hint of having a lot of free time.

Edited by Drago777

• 5 months later...

Code Geass is a masterpiece. I've seen many anime, but none that can truly measure up to that one.

I really enjoyed re: zero so far, and would of course recommend Attack on Titan, especially if they stay true to the manga. My Arceus, what a story that is.

Some others certainly worth a watch that I haven't seen mentioned are the seven deadly sins, madoka magica, and cross ange.

Also, can anyone personally recommend Erased? I've heard things about it, but haven't decided to really dive in yet.

Clearly Cory in the house takes the cake as best animoo

Mine's gotta be Death Parade & 3-Gatsu No Lion (Praise jeebus, 2nd season's comming in Autumn)

Atmosphere on both of em are great and it just hits you right in the feels in so many different directions.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:48 AM, PedroHenrique said:

JoJo is not an anime, it's a way of living.

Ladies & Gentlemen, this is a true man of culture

1 hour ago, Octavius said:

can anyone personally recommend Erased? I've heard things about it, but haven't decided to really dive in yet.

It's definitely worth the watch, without giving too much away the main theme of it is basically a "what if i could go back & fix my past" type of deal, the anime for most of it is great, the only issue most people have is the ending, but it's still one of the better ones out there anyways in my opinion.

Looking at these comments makes me realize I really have to watch Code Geass, although the chara design doesn't really appeal to me.

As far as I'm concerned, FMA: Brotherhood, Madoka Magica and possibly Gosick take the cake.

Special mention for the Phantom Bullet and Mother's Rosario arcs of SAO season 2.

13 hours ago, Alistair said:

Looking at these comments makes me realize I really have to watch Code Geass, although the chara design doesn't really appeal to me.

Should definitely give it a shot even though I do agree the character designs are pretty funny with their goddamn spaghetti limbs.

12 minutes ago, 5hift said:

Should definitely give it a shot even though I do agree the character designs are pretty funny with their goddamn spaghetti limbs.

That's just Studio Shaft's trademark.  After all:

Spoiler

Joel+voice+it+s+a+feature+it+s+a+feature

In all seriousness, I've never really noticed this at all until others pointed it out.  It never detracted from watching it.......though I guess I never little details.    Of course, since I have really grown to love Kemono Friends, despite it's very poor animation, so I might just have a habit of overlooking things intentionally  (unless I actually have expectations for the show----glaces at Aku No Hana).

I'm biased since Code Geass is in my top 3, but it's honestly an anime that most general audiences will love, even if they don't usually like mecha  (though I've also met other mecha fans who refuse to call Code Geass a mecha anime).  Definitely worth a watch; some might call it a modern classic or staple....

Edited by seki108

Sorry I can only do a top 10 (and that is pushing it)

In no particular order:

Steins Gate

Fate Series

Monogatari Series

FMA Brotherhood

Hellsing Ultimate

Your lie in April

No Game No Life

Death Note

Code Geass

Neon Genesis Evangellion

Honerable Mentions:

Shokugeki no Soma

Attack on Titan

Kill la kill

Clannad: Atfer Story

Hajime no Ippo

Edited by lifesapity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In no particular order (actually it's alphabetical): Akame ga Kill, Attack on Titan, Code Geass, Death Note, Dragon Ball (not Super), Higurashi, JoJo, My Hero Academia, One-Punch Man

I also liked: Another, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Kiseiju, Mirai Nikki

Didn't like: Tokyo Ghoul 

On 8/17/2017 at 7:52 AM, Alistair said:

This was my initial reaction when thinking of watching, but after a few episodes, you get used to it. Now it is probably my favorite anime.

My top few are probably

1. Code Geass or Your Lie in April

2. Akame Ga Kill 

3. Hunter x Hunter or Magi

Rest of favorites: Charlotte, Fairy Tale, Gurren Lagann, Seven Deadly Sins, Yona of the Dawn, Sword Art Online, Future Diary, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, and a few more I can't think of.

Edited by Matt_

I see that this is a community full of people of culture as well...

I don't particularly ranked anime I watched that much so I'll begin list it like this:

Most memorable ones: Gundam Series (UC Timeline), Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, Gundam 00, Madoka Magica, Code Geass, Monogatari Series, Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Basilisk, Hellsing (both TV and Ultimate), Trinity Blood, Fate/Stay Night (UBW), Fate/Zero, Nanatsu no Taizai, Evangelion, Mirai Nikki, Overlord, Ruroni Kenshin, Fist of North Star, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, Kara no Kyoukai, KILL la KILL, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Overlord, One Punch Man, Knights of Sidonia, Log Horizon, Persona 4, Gakkou Gurashi, Berserk (1997), Re:Creators, Arslan Senki, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Anohana, Steins;Gate, Persona 3 Movies.

Other enjoyable ones: High School DxD series, Dance in Vampire Bund, Magical Girl Raising Project, Kiniro Mosaic, K-On!, Shakugan no Shana, Hell Girl, Death Parade, WIXOSS series, Drifters, Keijo!!!, Kiznaiver, Sword Art Online, ZOIDS: Chaotic Century, Kabaneri of Iron Fortress, Youjo Senki, BakaTest, Kiznaiver, Bungou Stray Dogs, Joker Game, Re:Zero, BNHA, Ushio to Tora, Terraformars, DanMachi, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Mob Psycho 100, Rewrite and Rewrite (Moon & Terra), Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (PrIllya), Tales of Zestiria X, Senki Zesshou Symphogear, Cross Ange, New Game!, Highschool of the Dead, Owari no Seraph, Little Witch Academia, Captain Earth, To-Love-ru Series and many more I don't remember since all my previous anime go down with crashed HDDs

Edited by Nagisa_Hideyoshi

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.....

My top 5 ( for now )

1. Overlord 

2. Shokugeki no Souma

3. Boku no Hero Academia

4. Danganronpa

5. Detective Conan

other animes : can't say it, too much animes out there and already forgot what anime i already watched in the past

On 10/20/2017 at 6:04 PM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Hmm.....

My top 5 ( for now )

1. Overlord 

2. Shokugeki no Souma

3. Boku no Hero Academia

4. Danganronpa

5. Detective Conan

other animes : can't say it, too much animes out there and already forgot what anime i already watched in the past

Since you said Danganronpa I want to ask, is it worth watching/playing Danganronpa after the second game? I watched the first game's anime and the second game. Now I feel like it's dragging out. So, do old mysteries get solved or just new mysteries keep on being created which leads to dragging out. I feel like only monokuma's identity is the mystery left but there might be more.

10 minutes ago, Zander said:

Since you said Danganronpa I want to ask, is it worth watching/playing Danganronpa after the second game? I watched the first game's anime and the second game. Now I feel like it's dragging out. So, do old mysteries get solved or just new mysteries keep on being created which leads to dragging out. I feel like only monokuma's identity is the mystery left but there might be more.

V3's a new arc ( although it's still have old games timeline's mentioned in the game near the end ) so just try it. O and also don't forget to watch the Danganronpa 3 : The End of Hope's Peak Academy anime, both future side, despair side and hope ( last episode for both future and despair side ). Watch order : one episode of future side > one episode of despair arc, watch it like that sequentially, so you'll understand the whole old timeline ( from DR0 [LN] to DR3 Anime ) 

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

10 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

V3's a new arc ( although it's still have old games timeline's mentioned in the game near the end ) so just try it. O and also don't forget to watch the Danganronpa 3 : The End of Hope's Peak Academy anime, both future side, despair side and hope ( last episode for both future and despair side ). Watch order : one episode of future side > one episode of despair arc, watch it like that sequentially, so you'll understand the whole old timeline ( from DR0 [LN] to DR3 Anime ) 

Alright, thanks a lot.