We did good.

Felicity

• Support Squad

This is the time to pat yourself on the back. 2016 has been a challenge and in some aspects people consider it a failure. That's not to say we didn't do something good. So what are you proud of? You did something this year that was good and I want you to share that here.

I'm proud of the work I've done in my creative writing course, making tangible strides towards my life goal, and I'm proud of the christmas card we all put together for the auth. I'm happy I helped beta test reborn and I'm happy I made new friends this year. I'm happy that I overcame a lot of trying challenges irl and in a myriad of games and that I made it to the end of this year.

What about you?

i think i did pretty well, i made a lot of friends, ( and i'm still making friends) and i overcame the biggest problem of my life : CHARLOTTE i had a team of 6 ground types to beat her

so i did good :D

Edit : How do u put a signature?

Edited by Amine elhedhili

1 hour ago, Amine elhedhili said:

i think i did pretty well, i made a lot of friends, ( and i'm still making friends) and i overcame the biggest problem of my life : CHARLOTTE i had a team of 6 ground types to beat her

so i did good :D

Edit : How do u put a signature?

Click your user name top right > account settings > signature.

There, I did a good thing this year, yay!

I guess what I'm most proud of this year is the progress I made in terms of regaining my confidence. It'll still be one hell of a long way, but I noticed that the moments in which I feel somewhat satisfied with myself have been more frequent during the past months.

I'm very proud of the work I've done as part of the team on another website. After a full year in the position, it feels really good to have gotten so much positive feedback from the community, just knowing that they appreciate me. And it raised my confidence a lot to have other staff compliment me. I'm always so worried that I might not be able to keep up with them, hearing that they think I'm doing exceptional work does wonders to me. I'm proud that I am being seen as someone to rely on.

I'm also satisfied to notice that I have gotten better at taking care of myself. I eat more, I'm better at keeping my apartment tidy, I go outside regularly even when I don't have uni. There have been less urges to harm myself, and more control over them.

I befriended a cat in the neighbourhood, too.

I'm highly proud for being top 5 PR at my local. Defeating almost every players and was once a point the best player in my local before summer. 

I'm still one of the most consistent players at my locals.

I'm proud to work at school much more serious and more challenging. I improved my mindset much more which is a good thing!

Gotta hope something special will happened next year~

23 minutes ago, ZEL said:

I befriended a cat in the neighbourhood, too.

Upvoted for everything except that one heinous crime. You demon!

Er-hem, what am I proud of this year? Quite a lot. Cleared several important exams in both my Accountancy course and my college course in commerce and economics, got my gears going in the right direction in my career path(s), made many new friends and associates, preserved and deepened some existing ones, eliminated a major threat, helped some farmers in a rural and backward area educate and organize themselves into a co-op that resulted in them breaking exploitative links and establish their market on their own terms, gave a presentation on a related venture to benefit agriculturists which won me a scholarship and prospects with the firm of my choice, prevented a suicide (and in the process made a friend), read more books than last year, and so on. (No weight lost though)

What made me happiest, though, was when some of those whom I had interacted with approached me and told me how my actions and presence had helped and impacted them, and how they thanked me for that. The idea that I could be of help to such wonderful people, in whatever way, and the fact that they would thank me for that and honour me with their friendship, that is my proudest achievement, in this year and in those to follow, and gives me motivation to maintain that trust and mutual respect in the future.

4 hours ago, Felix- said:

I'm proud of the christmas card we all put together for the auth.

I realised I never got a chance the thank you for doing that. It was incredibly nice of you!

I'm probably most proud of my academic achievements this year. I managed to top my year level in five subjects and had to work pretty hard to do that. Other than that I would say competing in a model united nations competition in New York which was one of the most exciting thing I ever did. 

I discovered the fluffy chocolate cake sprinkled with mememememes that is Reborn, started breaking out of my mold a little bit, achieved quite a bit of personal and philosophical growth, and finally started doing some of the creative/"creative" things I always wanted to do in my free time.

The only two things that I'm proud of myself this year is that I lost all the extra weight I had and was struggling for many years to lose without regaining it and that I made new friends that are supporting me and I support them too. Other than that..2016 is the year that changed me to the core, not in a good or a bad way. (and the fact that could be good is that I broke up with my ex boyfriend.)

Cheers! 

Edited by mar_mar

• Veterans

I'll just make a list of things for readability's sake:

• Officially launched development of my game and made it to the point where I can start mapping/eventing without having crashes for any major features anymore (i'm surprised i figured out most of this myself tbh)
  • Obtained my propaedeutic diploma (aka now i can't get kicked out of uni anymore if i happen to fail a block)
  • Improved on my art and music a lot and did a lot of experimentation
  • I've become significantly less socially awkward around people irl (I still am. Just nowhere near as much lel)
  • Made many new friends
  • successfully converted half of the regulars on the server into meme loving fucks (jk)
  • Despite all odds, countless mood drops and temptations to just give up on everything, I'm still doing what I like and do best. I think that's a pretty big achievement for myself especially, since things have just been really rough this year in general. I hope I can keep doing so in 2017, as well.

I don't know there wasn't too much to 2016 for me that went well but at the very least.

• I built up the courage to finally admit I need to go to therapy.
  • I feel like I've built a stronger bond with my friends.
  • I started arranging music and apparently people think it sounds good.

2016 and I havent exactly been the kindest to each other but there have still been some positive points

• thanks to my sessions with the psychologist, my parents/sister understand me better now (why I react to certain situations in a certain way, why im more active online than anywhere else etc)
  • ive had a lot to meme about this year. what a surprise.
  • became somewhat more comfortable talking to people privately online. still not the case irl, but its something.