Episode 16 Community Release

Amethyst

On 12/4/2016 at 3:51 AM, Amethyst said:

Re-battleable trainers now appear before the first badge instead of after the third gym.

Where can i find these trainers i started over and it would be easier to fight trainers than wild pokemon.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ban Suicune said:

How do I load my previous save in episode 16? This is in a seperate folder so when I go to play there is no save in the ep 16 folder : (

Locate your savefile (instructions here) then you can copy and paste it over into the equivalent place for your new game download. 

3 hours ago, ExperimentalMIRV said:

bloody hell where do i train?

the rebattleable trainers at the grand hall are actually hard to beat now, and i often lose to them. does anyone know any other spots where is can grind my levels?

You can still train with Clown Indra in Agate circus which will be slower but a bit easier. 

Technically E15 ends inside the Circus. So you have to get out.

Somebody said something about getting to the city. I wonder how we can do this when the guard stops us.

If only we had another way to fly over the security...

i'm a tiny bit sad now, just finished the ep and dont get me wrong, i love the new content and mostly the  way the city is now but it was a litle bit short

well...........      let us wait for ep 17 woohoo!!

Edited by dragonza11

So the release is out and I'm playing it now. The music does certainly sound compressed, but it then it feels like an old pokemon game so I personally like that idea. 

However, in terms of story, beyond the sidequests because they were pretty fine

Spoiler

Was I supposed to feel anything about Ame's death? Like really? I'm supposed to really care about a person that had a disembodied voice and gave our pokemon at first but... yeah, that's it?

Maybe I'm heartless, but I honestly shrugged at her death and continued. Just another corpse at this point. 

As a character point of view... Yeah, it'd just be another pointless death. How many people has he/she/whatever seen at this point? How many people are sacrificed just because a person decided to say fuck it, kill'em all? How many heartaches, both intentional and unintentional has the MC seen, caused and heard? Even given the characters are probably young adult (17+), these events aren't exactly something I'd think a person like that would walk away from unless they were just as bad as Lin.

The only rational thing I see why pokemon come to us now is because they are attuned to nature. Because deep down, they see a sliver of a human-being, hidden behind so many shells and armor, so desensitized yet they see the pokemon with them, so desperate to see their trainer smile again.

Alternate character interpretation? Maybe.

But remember,

Our character never really talks.

4 hours ago, TheGamedawg said:

Is it just me or is the game running a lot smoother than in previous episodes?

In what ways? There was some delagging done in particularly laggy maps so that could explain the increased smoothness. 

54 minutes ago, mde2001 said:

In what ways? There was some delagging done in particularly laggy maps so that could explain the increased smoothness. 

My computer isn't the greatest, so some huge maps and battles with a lot of effects going on were pretty laggy.  All of that just seems to be gone now.

Seriously, I haven't seen a fangame run this smoothly in ages.

Is it normal for the first version of an episode to completely freeze during a battle like 9/10 times you do the battle when using Wine on Mac ? 

e.g. I've done the same trainer battle like 10x and still haven't gotten through it cause it freezes at some point lol 

14 minutes ago, hashtag no said:

Is it normal for the first version of an episode to completely freeze during a battle like 9/10 times you do the battle when using Wine on Mac ? 

e.g. I've done the same trainer battle like 10x and still haven't gotten through it cause it freezes at some point lol 

If you could provide screenshots of the battle, the error message, which trainer it was and probably which moves were used, we could be more efficient in helping you.

What a great episode! Even though it was a bit light on story there were so many sidequests to do and places to explore. I love the new Reborn, especially how to streets of each ward are now color coded. Congratulations on making this episode, it was a long road but the final product was well worth the wait. Thank you Ame for your dedication and hard work, you always make sure polish each episode to the nth degree!

Also about the story, I must say I was surprised. I didn't think it would be heading to such an outcome... ;)

So, I am finally done with it. Here's my comment on all the important battles.

Victoria - Her team kinda countered my team. Had to tweak movesets and get a little lucky.

Arclight - Clutch win on first try due to Toxic Spikes.

ZEL - Started with Roserade, middle was Mightyena Moxie sweep. Then Magnezone came in and proceed to get through my team (fuck that Levitate). Roserade came through in the end with BrightPowder. Though I am fairly sure she could live a Discharge? Roserade is a special tank, after all.

Adrienn - This is where I flipped the fuck out and went for the tedious way that is EV training. After 13 Gyms, you fucking made me do it Ame. CONGRATURATIONS UR A WINNER. Fuck Adrienn either way. My victory came in clutch tbh, when Whimsicott had a D.E.R.P and didn't use Tailwind. The hardest battle to win.

For reference, I've never switched any Pokemon. Ever. Some of the more important battles came down to luck, to be honest. I don't know why but I don't really want to rotate my team. ZEL and Arclight were pretty easy but Victoria was pain and Adrienn can go to hell.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton