Ask 2.0: Ame Edition

Amethyst

• Administrators

Room for one more?

I wasn't going to do this, especially given the fad-ism (It's formspring all over again), but after derping with Batl's, I figure it may be useful, particularly for new members who may not be totally comfortable approaching me (I don't bite, I swear. D: ) or anyone else, for the owner to be available for answerage.

And I promise this topic will be 100% tilde free.

(ironically I typo'd that % as a tilde at first.)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Do you bite~?

Hard.

Low tilde diet?

Cut back on tildes 20% while still maintaining your old lifestyle! Call now and you can receive our information brochure on just how the program works, and you can be on your way to a tilde-free body in just days!

Who do you love more?

Ikaru or Kitty?

Kitty. Duh.

How the fuck am I moderator?

Because you're a responsible insomniac?

Why you so obsessed with me?

Because you're pretty

Are you Harksexual?

Duh.

What's my favorite color?

I actually don't know for sure, but wild guess says Red?

Why does everyone wanna be me?

Mystery of the world

Why do people call me conceited?

Who did that?

Why won't Ikaru give me that sandwich ?

You haven't submitted the proper paperwork. Contact your local representative and ask for a Write of Mandamus

List 10 members you would like to meet in person ?(give a reason why if you can)

All of them?

But if I had to choose just ten, in no particular order:

Mael, Ika, Scarlet, Ashen, Mash, Liz, Hark, Tyler, Inuki, Lara

General reason: Mostly people I know pretty well online, but I'd be particularly curious to how their IRL personas compare to their online ones.

Why the name Amethyst ?

Amethyst is something that is very centred with me. In my youth, I became obsessed with sleep/dreams, rain, the moon, healing, these sorts of things, It turns out that the magickal correspondences of the Amethyst match those exactly. Plus it's purple and gorgeous, and I was actually given a large amethyst at birth which I still keep. The crystal is something that holds a lot of power and meaning for me, and so in likening myself to it, I hope to adopt and achieve that same influence.

If at first you don't succeed, what do you do? Kill it with fire or what?

Fire is gross. Come back to it later or something.

What would you do for a klondike bar?

Not a whole lot, to be honest... Might hop around on one foot or something but I don't really care about klondike.

Any last words? (no Thu'um allowed)

No what? Well anyway, I'm not a fan of forced last words. My life will be my own.

how do i make team

+Android Users: The PO Android App is NOT standalone.. In order to make a team you will have to download the PC version of Pokemon Online from http://www.pokemon-online.eu

where are girls

Outside?

can i be a mod

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/faq.html#mod

ame

plz ame

plz mod

Amethyst banned Inuki!

Not a question. :c

What is your avatar?

Suigintou from Rozen Maiden! She's sooooo pretty

Do you like being overloaded with questions?

I have a secret attention whorish side too, except it's probably not all that secret, especially because I was in theatre.

Do you remember when GU was created? Because I don't. I'm bad at keeping track of dates...

but yeah, seriously, how long have we known each other now?

It was when I was 13... so, like 6-7 years now?

hmm

Why won't people buy from my art shop?

Why do I butt heads with the newer people?

Why do you remind me of my therapist?

Ever play any sports when you were younger?

Why aren't you as powerful a deity as Nyu?

• Administrators

Pepsi or coke? =O

They both have chemicals made from aborted fetuses, so neither.

Why won't people buy from my art shop?

Too expensive.

Why do I butt heads with the newer people?

Maybe you feel like their a threat to your own importance in the community?

Why do you remind me of my therapist?

Well, I am studying psychology...

Ever play any sports when you were younger?

I played basketball for like six years as a kid, and soccer for one. Then did soccer in high school. Not really a sports person. I don't like being around other people that much, and contrary to what I tell my interviewers, I am not a team player.

Why aren't you as powerful a deity as Nyu?

Few can reach the level of awesomeness that is Nyu. Maybe someday...

Why aren't I on your meet IRL list?

Like I said, everyone. But, compared to the ones I listed, I feel like you're relatively 'real'/open about yourself in a very down-to-earth and naturalistic way.

Why isn't nyu on your meet IRL list?

Shoot, didn't think of it QQ He would totally fit the bill for the above list

When you need to go to the bathroom in the shower, do you get out or go in the shower?

I go beforehand so it's not an issue. c: ...Such an odd question.

Why rain as your dominant weather/team? I know "Ame" means rain, but that can't be the only explanation.

Why do I envision you with a much more fatherly tone than what you really have?

Why do you appear so scary?

Why so serious?

Are you trying to hide the fact that you're in Blood on the Dancefloor?

Why am I asking you these things?

How have you been lately? We never talk unless I'm in trouble.

Why is that?

Why haven't I talked to you about the podcast yet?

ARGH! No more questions. For now.

What, if anything, other than your rain team do you enjoying running?

Favorite Pokemon?

What led you to decide to become a leader of something? [Reborn doesn't have to be the particular object of reference.]

How do you feel about the ideas of "right" and "wrong"?

If someone has an opinion, how do you react to it?

How do you feel about the idea of learning?

Do you like deep discussions?

What do you have against meeting "Will"s in the first ten people?

What if I told you no offense taken?

• Administrators

Why rain as your dominant weather/team? I know "Ame" means rain, but that can't be the only explanation.

In 4th gen, before I really got into the competitive aspect of battling, I always held myself to a few types- Dark, Ghost and Psychic (though I did cheat for a couple pokemon I really liked outside of those, those being Crobat and Kingdra). I had always heard that Rain teams dominated all the tournaments and such, so when I loaded up PO for the first time, I figured I'd give making one a shot, using only my normal pokemon types- dark, ghost and psychic. Aaand it just stuck. It's the same team that I've kept using and kept tweaking into what I use now (the exact process was detailed in the RMT thread) though no longer sticking to those three types because I've come to like water much more. But it is more than that, too. I don't use things I don't like no matter how good they are. I wouldn't use rain just because it's good.

The truth is, the spirit of the rain is one of my best friends. When I was younger, I was caught in a storm far away from home, the water and thunder was coming down like there was no tomorrow- and I wished there wouldn't have been. I heard a voice in the wind, stuttered and broken breath- as if crying. I spoke to her, and she spoke back, and I heard her sorrow, and felt it, and fell down the thousands of feet from the troposphere with each of her tears.

Since then, the spirit of the rain has been among my best friends, and I have missed her dearly in these winter months. But, that's why I favor the condition.

Why do I envision you with a much more fatherly tone than what you really have?

Probably because I'm the patriarchal figure of this community. D:

Why do you appear so scary?

Wha? I don't know, you tell me, so I can fix it! I don't want to be scary. :C

Why so serious?

Comedy is not my strong suit.

Are you trying to hide the fact that you're in Blood on the Dancefloor?

If I am, I've done a very good job of hiding it, even from myself.

Why am I asking you these things?

That's what we're here for?

How have you been lately? We never talk unless I'm in trouble.

I've been okay, thanks! You?

Why is that?

Terrible social habits on my part. I generally never initiate conversation with anyone unless I have a direct reason to do so- even if I want to, I don't think of it when I can or can't when I think of it, etc. I've lost some of my closest friends because of this.

Why haven't I talked to you about the podcast yet?

'-'

What, if anything, other than your rain team do you enjoying running?

Hum. Nothing really suits me quite as well, but if I had to choose another team...

I'd just make a different rain team

>>

<<

Favorite Pokemon?

Gardevoir.

No, Mismagius.

No, Absol.

No, Gardevoir.

No- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

What led you to decide to become a leader of something? [Reborn doesn't have to be the particular object of reference.]

There are two main cases wherein I'm considered a leader, and that is firstly here, and secondly in the games that I run at anime conventions. In both cases, it was just something my friends and I started for fun, and then I happened to be the one who stepped up and kept running with it (or in the latter case, stepped up and was a total gloryhog). I never really made the decision to start running panels or games for 80+ people, or to start a site with 1000+. When Reborn started, it was just 12 people who I happened to host a forum for. Then it grew.

How do you feel about the ideas of "right" and "wrong"?

Culturally defined. That doesn't mean I'm able to escape my own values though, and I see no problem using those terms as long as it is mutually understood that we are referring to the concepts of "right" and "wrong" as signified through the varying systems of signs each individual has encountered.

If someone has an opinion, how do you react to it?

I generally lack them, so it's often a relief. If I don't, well then it depends on the opinion (and its origin) c:

How do you feel about the idea of learning?

Learning is necessarily painful, unavoidable, and invaluable.

Do you like deep discussions?

If I'm in the right mood.

What do you have against meeting "Will"s in the first ten people?

ily

What if I told you no offense taken?

<3

Why so fluffeh?

Mash did it. ._.

How did you get into anime?

FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT

WINNING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT

NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT

SHE IS THE ONE CALLED SAILOR MOON

^ seriously. When I was six was the first, and only year, we got cable as a kid. I found cartoon network, and things like Pinky and the Brain, Courage, etc kinda bored me. Sailor Moon was totally awesome, but I thought it was a girl's show, so I didn't watch much. It was sort of a guilty pleasure (silly younger me, imposing gender limitations on myself (I'll be saying that for the rest of my life)). But I liked the animation, and I found it legitimate entertaining.

Then we moved, and I lost cable. I was left with just WB Kids- Pokemon and YuGiOh (and another guilty pleasure in Mew Mew Power)- and mind I didn't even recognise any of this as anime, nor did I have any conception of Japan at the time outside of the model of a Tokyo building a kid in my first grade class fashioned out of toothpicks. I simply thought these shows used a similar, engaging and alluring art style.

A few years later, one of my mom's friends, knowing I missed it, video taped for me an entire week of Cartoon Network as a birthday present. Here, despite not having cable, I discovered Toonami, and while Dragon Ball Z bored me, there was a show called Outlaw Star that I ended up really liking. Outlaw Star is the show that I consider to really get me into anime, because that's when I started looking for it outside of the TV- as before then, I just had the seven or so episodes that were on, and so that's when I really started getting into it.

Why did you partake in the creation of Reborn?

Kinda explained this above, but basically I just made a small little forum for my friends from various communities to exchange Friend Codes and trade/battle when 4th gen WIFI was the hottest new thing (I didn't know NetBattle or Shoddy even existed yet). Mael set it up with me, and the people who came included Saya, Ice, Lara, AZKnight, Hyperlisk, Monkey, etc. Then it grew into this.

How did you meet nyu?

Nyu was an IRL friend of Monkey/Hyperlisk, and he was from one of the "various communities" that I pulled for Reborn's original forum. Originally, Hyperlisk hosted a server for us on Shoddy, but when we moved to PO, he said he couldn't anymore, and suggested that I ask Nyu.

and we all lived happily ever after.

How old are you not? List all possible answers.

{1,2,3...18}{20,21,22...}

Do you know why L walks weird?

It improves his thinking capacities 32%.

Who's your Favorite Anime Character?

Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, the girl who's always in my avatar. It's kind of a problem, but she is basically my standard of beauty.

What's your Favorite Season?

I have a problem with this, where my favorite season is just whatever it is at the time (Except Summer, Summer is gross.). So currently I would say it's spring, because everything's so pretty and warm and my friend the Rain has come back <3 and yay, but by the time fall comes around I'll be me-gustaing for all the pretty falling leaves and spiritual energy, and then in winter- well, I just like snow. But yeah. For now let's say spring.

What would you do if you obtained a Death Note?

Ooh, one that actually makes me think. Hum...

I think I would try to use it to purify the planet and society. For instance, I might (there might be a better option, I'd have to think about it, but I'm making this up on the fly) start with oil distributors. Knock out the kingpins, and anyone else who tries to make a business out of selling it. Force the auto-industry to adapt more enivronmental fuel options. This is perfectly possible, but in the current system it won't happen because there's too much money to be made on oil. In the meantime, we continue to scar the planet.

Next, environmentally toxic power plants. After those I'd have to figure out what the next main environmental hazards are.

Eventually I'd like to work my way down to kingpins of food processing/GMO and the corporate power structure. Force them to stop putting poison into food products/implementing manufactured obsolescence.. If I'm feeling really tyrannical maybe I'll target meat companies too? After all, it's ten times more economic to feed a population on grains and veggies than meat- 90% of the energy in food is lost by doing that. Extremely wasteful. Not to mention primitive and of questionable ethics.

I imagine most of you are less than pleased at that last bit. :P Perhaps I'll stop there.

If I'm feeling really tyrannical maybe I'll target meat companies too? After all, it's ten times more economic to feed a population on grains and veggies than meat- 90% of the energy in food is lost by doing that. Extremely wasteful. Not to mention primitive and of questionable ethics.

I imagine most of you are less than pleased at that last bit. :P Perhaps I'll stop there.

tumblr_lkdpw84YY01qd58j4o1_500.gif

You seem to love the environment a lot, so tell my; Why are you a Vegetarian/Vegan (Can't remember which). Overgrazing is one of the biggest environmental issues the world faces, and not eating meat is adding to it. Sure, you can say that the fields wouldn't be overgrazed without meat production, but consider how mad the problem'd be without the meat industry. Cows'd run rampant. Fields would be nonexistent. There'd be a larger amount of Methane in the atmosphere. Just something to think about.

• Administrators

You seem to love the environment a lot, so tell my; Why are you a Vegetarian/Vegan (Can't remember which). Overgrazing is one of the biggest environmental issues the world faces, and not eating meat is adding to it. Sure, you can say that the fields wouldn't be overgrazed without meat production, but consider how mad the problem'd be without the meat industry. Cows'd run rampant. Fields would be nonexistent. There'd be a larger amount of Methane in the atmosphere. Just something to think about.

The overgrazing is largely contributed to by the meat production, yes, because it is a biological fact that between each level of a food chain, 90% of the energy is lost.

So to clarify, say we've got a snake, who eats a bird, who eats insects, who eat plants.

Plant < Insect < Bird < Snake

And let's say for the argument's sake that each of these things needs 1000 units of energy- I think that would be calories; someone correct me if I'm wrong- per day, and that each plant provides 100 calories.

So the insect eats 10 plants a day to make 1000 calories. However, because of the way in which this energy is metabolised, most of it (90%) goes towards nourishing and energizing the insect, meaning when that insect is ingested, the bird only receives from it 100 calories.

The bird then has to eat 10 insects a day, and so by the same mathematical processes, the snake has to eat 10 birds a day.

So, in order to feed a snake, it, in the long run, takes 1000 plants. Compare this to if the snake at plants, providing the same levels of calories, it would only take 10 more plants to feed a snake.

Here's one of many sources for that, restating the exact same arguement as applied to the relevant scenario.

As for the cows? I don't think we have to worry about overpopulation of an animal we're forcibly breeding for slaughter. In fact, with no use for them anymore, I would worry about their survival. Humans have managed to tame just about all other wild animals- I think wild cows are the least of our worries.

Anyway, I'm vegetarian because...

So many reasons. Time just gives me more and more. Between health reasons, that ^, meat-borne disease, ethical conflicts, the fact that I hate touching meat, always have, and always have thought it was gross, that if I eat meat now I get sick, or that if I eat much iron I could die, or the fact that the general idea is just putrid to me in the first place... I don't know where to start.

The reason I became vegetarian though was... Kind of on a whim. I didn't know any of that a time, except perhaps the ethical dilemmas, which I didn't think much about, and- I've always hated touching meat. Slices of ham, the store bought kind... are so slimey and gross.... Anyway, I didn't walk in on a hunted deer hanging in a fridge. I didn't get sick from it one day and decide to stop eating. I just kind of decided, I don't really like meat that much anyway, so let's be slightly environmentally minded and stop eating it. kdone. No old cravings for bacon, no random chicken binges... Just, bai meat. I started eating much better after that, too. Like, actually caring what I ate, rather than just having whatever mediocre meal (mediocre by my tastes; her cooking was fine) my mom decided to make that night.

And I haven't regretted it a moment since.

Also, I consider myself vegetarian, not vegan. I don't eat meat, eggs, or fish, and because of the latter two some would call me a vegan. But, I do eat eggs if they're cooked into like, a cake, or bread, or something. To be honest, I just don't like eggs. Plus, I still have some leather products and such.

Are you a random Suprise?

I try to be!