So why does Cain's family live in the wastelands anyway?

Monochrome_Complex

Their family also doesn't seem all that sociable, with the exception of Cain. Its possible the mum just didn't want to live around people, so the wasteland didn't bother her.

Its also possible its a historical home, and being traditionalists, they didn't move.

Presumably it used to be just a part of the city, so I'm guessing they lived there before it got filled with trash. They might not be able to move out for financial reasons.

This is certainly the reason imo. They mention how they didn't want to move even after the issues that occurred. The place was also a nice place to live before trash started falling from the sky. So they probably lived there before.

Edited by CainReborn

Presumably it used to be just a part of the city, so I'm guessing they lived there before it got filled with trash. They might not be able to move out for financial reasons.

No, because they had just moved in there at the time we meet them.

Presumably it was just the gym allocated to the Poison type leader, and they're forced to live there.

No, because they had just moved in there at the time we meet them.

Presumably it was just the gym allocated to the Poison type leader, and they're forced to live there.

I mean, considering that there was an already established gym that was under the former ownership of Corey, that idea kinda falls through.

Man I thought this seemed familiar when making this thread but I forgot the answer so I was like, "well can't hurt to ask again right?" But good detective work lol. That makes a lot more sense though. Living the rough life.

Ame's answer:

Yes, actually. Technically they've been squatting there.

A lot of this will not be represented in-story, so I don't mind relating some back story from our online league. Cain and Aya's parents had a pretty rough divorce, and since dad was the breadwinner, so to speak, her mom wasn't left with a whole lot of options after the separation. I'm not clear on what kind of living condition she was in after re-marrying, but the impression I got was that it was a shoddy one.

This is represented in-game as she resides in the wasteland because it happened to be a better environment than the streets of the city, and no one was policing it to stop her.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex