Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

Just now, Absolute_Zero said:

So I've been thinking for a while to start playing Rejuvenation, but, for you guys, would it better to start at V8 or wait till V9 is finished?

You could start now if you wanted to, but since V9 isn't too far off, and A LOT of things are changing from V8 to V9, I would personally wait until V9 is complete until I started playing. But I've restarted for every version since V5 so I was gonna do that anyway :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Absolute_Zero said:

So I've been thinking for a while to start playing Rejuvenation, but, for you guys, would it better to start at V8 or wait till V9 is finished?

For me it's better wait for finish V9.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, SHIA said:

All in all, I really can't wait to see more of her, and possibly even fight her in the future as well (since that means we finally get a Trainer sprite and a VS sprite of her)

A trainer sprite of Crescent existed in Rejuvenation's characters folder up to I think V5. It's not there anymore, I assume because she hasn't been battled yet (a lot of others that haven't been battled or met yet also used to be in the folder) and/or will be updated. My current hypothesis is that she's a Psychic type E8 member. 

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

A trainer sprite of Crescent existed in Rejuvenation's characters folder up to I think V5. It's not there anymore, I assume because she hasn't been battled yet (a lot of others that haven't been battled or met yet also used to be in the folder) and/or will be updated. My current hypothesis is that she's a Psychic type E8 member. 

Unlikely that she's the psychic E8 member. We have Karen who definitely takes the cake for that.

(I also hate to be that guy, but, Mewtwo in any psychic aiding field would be hell. I'll assume Gothitelle will be like level 300, or have increased base stats, and with the last two psychic type pokemon, and the name of "Crescent", I'll assume Cresselia is on her team as well, which is just overkill. This isn't to imply the E8 should be easy, but Mewtwo, Godthitelle, and Cress (Presumably) in any psychic boosting field would be kinda wild, and overall overkill)

Edited by Sceptilespy

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Unlikely that she's the psychic E8 member. We have Karen who definitely takes the cake for that.

I think Karen could potentially be Flying, since her catchphrase is "Little dove" and one of her spells allows her to fly. If she is Flying though, I do think she'd have a Psychic/Flying type like Xatu. 

My hypothesis used to be Crescent could be either E8 or Gym Leader, but I think she's too powerful to be a Gym Leader. She's been hyped up a lot, more than any Gym Leader has. She also has Mewtwo now, and I definitely think we're going to be facing it when we battle her. We've battled legendaries before, but as individual super bosses and not on a trainer's full team. I think the Psychic leader is the psychic healer in GDC. 

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I think Karen could potentially be Flying, since she catchphrase is "Little dove" and one of her spells allows her to fly. If she is Flying though, I do think she'd have a Psychic/Flying type like Xatu. 

My hypothesis used to be Crescent could be either E8 or Gym Leader, but I think she's too powerful to be a Gym Leader. She's been hyped up a lot, more than any Gym Leader has. She also has Mewtwo now, and I definitely think we're going to be facing it when we battle her. We've battled legendaries before, but as individual super bosses and not on a trainer's full team. I think the Psychic leader is the psychic healer in GDC. 

I agree with the psychic healer in GDC. But, I think it's a bit of an odd combination for a flying type E8 member to have connections to the Garufa. A tribe which dealt with stuff like dark magic. Now I think Karen could potentially be a ghost type E8 member. But her color scheme, or clothing doesn't say much to allude to it. But regardless of all of this, we won't have to worry about battling Crescent for a while.

My favorite character so far is Erick. He has something in him that makes him seem unreliable, but he acted his role as a reserve leader and protected the city during the chaos... even though he acted on impulse when dealing with the Pulse Garbodor.

The character I'm more interested in though is Ren. I wonder who he really is double-crossing when doing his destined role. Crescent played a hand in bringing him to Team Xem, at the same time, Madame X warned him over not betraying THEM. An ally in disguise perhaps?

1 minute ago, Lord C said:

My favorite character so far is Erick. He has something in him that makes him seem unreliable, but he acted his role as a reserve leader and protected the city during the chaos... even though he acted on impulse when dealing with the Pulse Garbodor.

The character I'm more interested in though is Ren. I wonder who he really is double-crossing when doing his destined role. Crescent played a hand in bringing him to Team Xem, at the same time, Madame X warned him over not betraying THEM. An ally in disguise perhaps?

How did Crescent play a hand in bringing Ren to Team Xen? Iirc we didn't see him at all after Narcissa's gym battle until the cutscene in Blacksteeple Castle where Nastasia introduces him to Madame X.

Personally I think that Ren represents the "Betrayal" shadow and probably won't come back to our side to be honest.

Just now, TheMoltenGuy said:

How did Crescent play a hand in bringing Ren to Team Xen? Iirc we didn't see him at all after Narcissa's gym battle until the cutscene in Blacksteeple Castle where Nastasia introduces him to Madame X.

Personally I think that Ren represents the "Betrayal" shadow and probably won't come back to our side to be honest.

Spoiler

Ren is such a bad character. He's poorly introduced to hit the role of a rival character. He does nothing except hold you back and help you get experience in the sewers. After that, you don't see him until Goldenrod, where you beat his ass and he pulls a whole gate out of his arse that needs a gym leaders poison pokemon to melt. Then once we're in, we're introduced to the edgiest city (I still love this part of the game though, especially the buildup to Geara) in the game, and of course 3dgel0rd69 Ren is triggered because he lost to Narcissa and he wants to be the one to change this city, yadayadayada, but he's to weak to beat a ghost type gym leader with a team of dark types. So after we win via +6 mightyena. He gets mad and signs to Team Xen under the excuse that "o, d3y b3tr4y3d m3, so 1 w1ll b3tr4y d3m", without who "they" is, considering this was one person, who only tried to make things right (and succeeded, unlike you)

Oh, and the amethyst cave thing where he water pulsed everything except the Fire/Rock Galvantula. Thanks for that btw.

TL;DR: I don't like Ren lol.

Edited by Sceptilespy

On 3/14/2017 at 5:18 PM, Sceptilespy said:
  Hide contents

Ren is such a bad character. He's poorly introduced to hit the role of a rival character. He does nothing except hold you back and help you get experience in the sewers. After that, you don't see him until Goldenrod, where you beat his ass and he pulls a whole gate out of his arse that needs a gym leaders poison pokemon to melt. Then once we're in, we're introduced to the edgiest city (I still love this part of the game though, especially the buildup to Geara) in the game, and of course 3dgel0rd69 Ren is triggered because he lost to Narcissa and he wants to be the one to change this city, yadayadayada, but he's to weak to beat a ghost type gym leader with a team of dark types. So after we win via +6 mightyena. He gets mad and signs to Team Xen under the excuse that "o, d3y b3tr4y3d m3, so 1 w1ll b3tr4y d3m", without who "they" is, considering this was one person, who only tried to make things right (and succeeded, unlike you)

Oh, and the amethyst cave thing where he water pulsed everything except the Fire/Rock Galvantula. Thanks for that btw.

TL;DR: I don't like Ren lol.

I think Jan should try and give Ren some more Character Development... You know, The good stuff.

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

I think Jan should try and give Ren some more Character Development... You know, The good stuff.

Definitely. I think Ren could be a good character. But he's not right now.

I think he'll most likely appear in V9, because he and Nastasia WERE set to head there with the Shadow Pokemon data.  No doubt we'll find more Shadow Pokemon, too.  Who knows what else we'll find down in Grand Dream City?  I have a feeling that a LOT of shit's gonna go down there.

30 minutes ago, Trevore said:

I think he'll most likely appear in V9, because he and Nastasia WERE set to head there with the Shadow Pokemon data.  No doubt we'll find more Shadow Pokemon, too.  Who knows what else we'll find down in Grand Dream City?  I have a feeling that a LOT of shit's gonna go down there.

God, can you imagine? We have Kanon and Ren, both who fit two of the shadows there, Melia and the player as two of the lights, Crystal/April, Lorna(Nim), Team Xem, freaking Team Bladestar, possible imposters who stomp at people's feet and fucking Medusa

I hope V9 is the version where Ren gets to shine, and start to develop as a character. Because remember, he IS our rival. Melia certainly isn't doing a good job at it...

I can't wait to see how Bladestar and Ren/Nastasia react to each other, although, I don't think there will be a HUGE reaction or war-like scenario, considering Team Xen doesn't have as much presence there, but it's going to be wild to see how it goes down. Especially if you chose to not expose Flora (me! :]), because now you're working with Bladestar and you're Flora's "sidekick" (and remember, Flora has a lot of presence in Bladestar)

Dang. V9 is going to be crazy.

really awesome game dude,i used the mons which i never thought i would.Thanks to the tyrogue i caught just before the 3rd gym and koffing i caught in the sewers,i managed to get through most of the gyms.Hitmonlee and weezing have helped me out most of the times.Also Abomasnow has been easily the best grass type in the game.Glad i caught a shiny snover in blacksteeple as valerie's lanturn was useless against it

Hi! I have a really important question but before that, i would like to thank the creator of the game! It's really awesome, i'm playing now for the second time and so many things have changes, it greater than before ;) God job !

Spoiler ?

Now the question: I got to Kakori village in Terujuma Island, i have to look for Crawli, i got to Sheridan Shore but i wanted to go back to Oceana St Pier with the boat, it gotten me to Gearen City and i don't know how to go back --" It might be the most obvious thing but i haven't seen it ! Can anyone help me ;)

And Btw: I'm looking for some electrik type pokemon in Rejuvenation, when and where can I find good ones ?

Thank you in advance for your answers;)

9 minutes ago, Mikaryu said:

Hi! I have a really important question but before that, i would like to thank the creator of the game! It's really awesome, i'm playing now for the second time and so many things have changes, it greater than before ;) God job !

Spoiler ?

Now the question: I got to Kakori village in Terujuma Island, i have to look for Crawli, i got to Sheridan Shore but i wanted to go back to Oceana St Pier with the boat, it gotten me to Gearen City and i don't know how to go back --" It might be the most obvious thing but i haven't seen it ! Can anyone help me ;)

And Btw: I'm looking for some electrik type pokemon in Rejuvenation, when and where can I find good ones ?

Thank you in advance for your answers;)

talk to augustus again

On 11/03/2017 at 0:51 AM, Jan said:

What team, lol. She hasn't had a real team for a long time. That team was exactly as you described. It was comprised around the time I wasn't really into Rejuv that much and it was just a fight for my friends to go through, Since I've taken the game more seriously from then, she's gotten changes.  She has 1 Pokemon now and that's Yveltal. 

Awesome work on rejuvenation! I restarted the game just to see the changes and I'm having a lot of fun. :D 

Still, maybe you nerfed Madam X too much. I countered her Yveltal with my lvl 1 sturdy nosepass and 99 oran berries :D 

May I suggest to replace Spite with a multi-strike move? That would be truly evil :P 

2 hours ago, luis said:

Awesome work on rejuvenation! I restarted the game just to see the changes and I'm having a lot of fun. :D 

Still, maybe you nerfed Madam X too much. I countered her Yveltal with my lvl 1 sturdy nosepass and 99 oran berries :D 

May I suggest to replace Spite with a multi-strike move? That would be truly evil :P

I mean this boss battle is surely meant to be lost, but I dont think they are made to be unbeatable. I think such methods like this are welcome, since not many people would go out of their way to beat her lol