Would I enjoy Pokemon Insurgence?

Tartar

• Global Mods

Insurgences difficulty mostly depends on how you play. it offers an easy grinding method with the secret bases, so if you use this and have a decent team composition it shouldn't be too challenging, but not a total cakewalk either. if you don't use this or use it very sparingly, you'll be going into most tough fights underlevelled, which can ramp up the difficulty a bunch and make the game more of a challenge.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on the story being badly developped. It certainly has potential, but the set up is not very good.

I haven't played it in a while but I remember it being quite hard, at least in the beginning.

spoilers below

The fire/sun gym leader used to have end game attacks on early game pokemon. Fighting lvl 20s pokemon with solar beam, flamethrower and such was harder than most reborn leaders.

The bug/poison leader was really hard too, the Mega-beedril at lvl cap was not possible to outspeed and killed everyone in one shot.

This might have been changed as people were asking for a nerf though

You could argue that most strong pokemon are available pretty early so you don't necessarly need to change your team after early game, and the mechanics of IV stones and secret base make it easier to breed a perfect team.
When this is done, the game certainly becomes quite a bit easier, but a fast run with not-perfect pokemon might be quite challenging.

Finally, I prefer Reborn for the story and the special fields, but Insurgence is still one of the best game out there and is full of original ideas.

• Global Mods

Agreed on the story being badly developped. It certainly has potential, but the set up is not very good.

I haven't played it in a while but I remember it being quite hard, at least in the beginning.

spoilers below

The fire/sun gym leader used to have end game attacks on early game pokemon. Fighting lvl 20s pokemon with solar beam, flamethrower and such was harder than most reborn leaders.

The bug/poison leader was really hard too, the Mega-beedril at lvl cap was not possible to outspeed and killed everyone in one shot.

This might have been changed as people were asking for a nerf though

You could argue that most strong pokemon are available pretty early so you don't necessarly need to change your team after early game, and the mechanics of IV stones and secret base make it easier to breed a perfect team.

When this is done, the game certainly becomes quite a bit easier, but a fast run with not-perfect pokemon might be quite challenging.

Finally, I prefer Reborn for the story and the special fields, but Insurgence is still one of the best game out there and is full of original ideas.

Insurgence is hard up until halfway between the first and second gyms, where the secret base becomes available. after that the difficultly is just inversely proportional to how much you abuse the level trainer because of the lack of level caps like reborn.

Edit: wait was there a level cap? I don't remember anymore...

Edited by DreamblitzX

I'm pretty sure there was, I remember not being able to outspeed the M-beedrill because it was at level cap and i had no pokemon faster than it. Had to go back to get a magnemite for sturdy paralyse, if i remember well.

But I still agree it becomes quite a lot easier when you get the secret base.

As someone who beat the game, The story is lacking, But the features make up for it. it has the potential to get MUCH better with the next update (Which isn't far off)

I currently have 27.5 hours into it (Beating it and not touching it since) It's a really good game with a lot of features (Basically you name it has it)

It's a good time killer, If you're looking for a good alternative, there's always pokemon eevee.

• Global Mods

I'm pretty sure there was, I remember not being able to outspeed the M-beedrill because it was at level cap and i had no pokemon faster than it. Had to go back to get a magnemite for sturdy paralyse, if i remember well.

But I still agree it becomes quite a lot easier when you get the secret base.

Level cap is only in hard mode, not in easy or normal mode.

• Global Mods

When will the game be out I played it but ilost my save and dont feel like starting over figure I just wait for the full version.

Suzerain's answer whenever asked is "When it's done", but he says people will know at least a week in advance before it's ready.

I have played both Reborn and Insurgence. Whereas reborn has more in the way of story line etc. there is something about insurgence that has pulled me in. I would recommend it to anyone, as it is a game I personally enjoyed, and I don't think it will be long until the next release, which, and please don't quote me on this one, but I think it will be the final release of story etc.

Perhaps I'll try the game once it comes out, it sounds pretty good from what people are telling me, though more aligned with the regular Pokémon game experience ~

It is worth playing :) It is and it isn't, there is some "dark" parts, not as dark as reborn, but compared to the regular games then it is.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/13/2016 at 4:49 AM, Tartar said:

Perhaps I'll try the game once it comes out, it sounds pretty good from what people are telling me, though more aligned with the regular Pokémon game experience ~

Play

- Pokemon Legends of the Arena (One of the best I have played mainly for its originality)

- Pokemon Vega (It's actually very good and achieves difficulty without field effects & level caps I think, been awhile etc.) Wasn't hard for me though.

- The Dark Rising series

- Pokemon Desolation (Just played it, it's actually pretty good and very entertaining)

Edited by The Only God

4 hours ago, The Only God said:

Play

- Pokemon Legends of the Arena (One of the best I have played mainly for its originality)

- Pokemon Vega (It's actually very good and achieves difficulty without field effects & level caps I think, been awhile etc.) Wasn't hard for me though.

- The Dark Rising series

- Pokemon Desolation (Just played it, it's actually pretty good and very entertaining)

How do said games compare to Reborn? 

So far the only fangames I've played are Reborn, Rejuvenation and Light Platinum. The later two of which were incredibly disappointing after experiencing the depth of the characters, world-building and story in Reborn.