Thank you for PokeNations 2!

Nhadala

Being the last week of PokeNations i wanted to create this thread.

This community event was one of the best ive ever participated in, it brought the community together, i made some friends in the process, including people from other nations, i got to battle with fellow members of the community.

Meeting new individuals, getting humiliated in week 10(me personally in my battle) to being a pseudo-leader for my team during the last week, all were very unique expiriences for me that made me grow a bit as a person.

Shout out to(in no particular order):

Davidpwns - A bit distant but he turned out to be a great friend.

Jericho - For organizing this whole event and staying with it to the end despite the stress.

Pbood2 - Talked to him when i faced him, he turned out to be a good person and a good friend.

Secundum - As infamous as she is, she was great at leading Avalon Nation when she was the leader.

Diomar - Talked to him during these last few weeks and he helped me a lot, quite an interesting individual, as well as friend.

All the drama, the problems, the fun, the stress, the pseudo-leadership, the last week humiliation(for me in my battle), meeting new people, getting new friends, feeling closer to the community as a whole, it was all great fun and an amazing expirience that i will remember for a very long time.

Thank you to the commitee members who worked hard to make this expirience as good as it was and i hope to see another similar event to this in the future and ill be glad to help next time it happens.

This thread is open for everyone who wants to show appreciation to specific individuals or the commitee who worked hard to bring this event to life.

Sincerely, Nhadala, a random PokeNations participant.

I agree. PokéNations is an amazing event that helped me improve my team-building and competitive battling skills. I certainly do hope to be able to participate in nations next year. I also got to meet lots of new people and make new friends. I mean, yeah I only won once during my time in nations, but I guess that's normal when it's your very first time participating in nations. So, without further ado, I would like to give credits to the following people:

Ravenholts - You guys have been great. I definitely got to know you guys more and you all always had my back when I needed help. Kaito, you were an awesome leader even though your battling skills are so-so (nah, I'm joking. You're cool, we're cool)

Jericho - Thank you so much for organizing this event. I know it was stressful, but I'm so glad you were able to pull through with it. You're also a great friend who always has my back during stressful times and for that, I'm very grateful and I hope we get to stay friends for a long time! :D

NovaKnight - You're a great teacher! You're the one who taught me about competitive battling and I hope you'll continue to teach me as I know that I still have a lot to learn. You were also a great opponent during the last week of nation. You're also a great friend and I'm happy that you're my friend and mentor! :D

YagamiNoir/Jhin Of The Opera - You're also a great teacher! You taught me about predicting moves in competition battling. You're also a great friend and we work on many things together, in which I cannot wait to show you guys once I'm done with it and I hope we get to work on a lot of other things together.

DW - What can I say? You're my boyfriend and you've always been there for me. You're always there to cheer me on. I hope we get to live happily ever after.

SonOfRed - You encouraged me to join PokéNation and for that, I'm very grateful.

I also want to thank the committee who worked really hard for making this event really fun and a amazing experience.

Love you all! :D *Cool Girl hugs everyone tightly*

Edited by Cool Girl

First of all, mad props for Nhadala for creating this thread. Small applause is in order.

775.gif

Second, I'd like to say that I'm really glad I participated in this installment of Pokénations. While there has been some drama the first few weeks, and people dropping off nearing the end, all in all I had a lot of fun. I'm not the most active in competitive battling, but these challenges are things that pique my interest.

To my nations buddies. Atlantis was the best nation I could have wished for. I believe I told you guys this, even before we started winning our challenges. Jesus Christ I don't really think I could have ended up better considering the initial idea of me joining was to get better acquainted with people I didn't/hardly knew before. And that worked out really well.

Frar, Personthing, Inno, Krim, Cyanna, Lugruf, mde, Rudestyle, Vince, Sonic, Reploid and of course our great leader Xiri. I can't say I knew any of you well before this (Xiri and maybe Frar a little) and by god I'm glad I got to know all of you. When I first saw the people I would be in a nation with, I actually panicked a little. While I did participate to meet new people, I didn't think I'd end up in a nation where I knew hardly anyone. And then a Skype group was started up and everyone started talking and it was actually really relax. Based Atlantis.

Then we started losing and it kinda sucked. And then all of a sudden we turned our score around. Going from 0-3 to 7-3 was something I'd have never even hoped to happen after week 3. But yet Atlantis is here. Based Atlantis².

To the committee, including Huk. Thanks for giving Pokénations this reboot, as it was a really enjoyable experience for me. I hope that in the future we can expect another installment of the Nations. I'm already looking forward to it.

And then a final piece of thanks that I also need to give. Dhanush my boy. You've shown me a really sportsmanlike side of you during this event, a side that I had picked up on a few times before but hadn't seen as explicitly before. You've also apologized to me on multiple occasions for something someone in your nation did and you didn't even had anything to do with. I had actually been looking forward to battle you in week 10, but you weren't on the roster and I cri.

To end this extremely long and well-writted post that is not common at all for me. To whoever supported us. To whoever was in our nations. To whoever made Nations the event it was.

giphy.gif

This is my first nations and it was certainly worth getting in. while truthfully Gaia was one of my last picks in teams I wanted to join(especially after Jericho told me I was in Ravenholts in main chat lol) I ended up really enjoying my team with Gaia and it got me a new respect for normal types.

DW was a major bro, and one of the friendliest, coolest dudes on the forum TBH(he uses hat a lot). He always helped out with teambuilding and mocks, and overall probably one of the most active members on the team. Pbood is another one that really gave it his all, and was always a blast to train/battle with. He's a bit excitable but that's because he's very friendly, and wasn't afraid to speak up either about things he had issue with. pyrromanis always kept our spirits high, and no matter how bleak things got, managed to have fun. Gaia's heart, if you will,and a really upbeat dude.The apologetic Roswell, humble as he may be, was a big friend and awesome support. Tartar provided much help and a great member of our team, as well as quite informative. ICSW didn't stay the whole way through, but it's understandable, and she's still a good friend and person.

Other teams played really well, and I want to mention Amazon's sparky, Ravenholts' coolgirl, Atlantis' Morshu, Zumi, and while she has her fair share of -ahem -haters, Avalon's Secundum as she made this competition quite interesting with her presence and legitimately did a fine job as leader. Xiri deserves major props as well for making a hero's comeback.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

I'll begin by thanking Jericho and the other committee members for hosting this event, despite how stressful it could get at times. It's been a great time.

I joined pokenations on a half certain whim (thanks to spineblade for telling me to go through with it), and I've had a fantastic time. I knew nobody when I first joined, and I'm very glad that I've gotten to know all of you. We started off very poorly going 0-3, and man watching the transition into what we are now was something to behold. Hard to believe that it's the same team really. Mostly everything has been a blast with you guys. Win or lose, thank you Atlantis for being the best team I could hope for, and thank you to everyone participating in nations 2 for making this event what it was.

I'm pretty terrible at these kinds of posts.

Edited by Personthing

Would like to thank based Atlantis for being so good at pokemon. Everyone in the skype chat was super nice and helpful :] I wasn't around for the first 3 weeks during the loses but the way the team acted you wouldn't think they were in a slump, they deserved to have a great win streak. Hopefully we can take the victory next week.

Also thanks to the other teams for being great rivals, it was fun to be a part of! And to the organisers/staff etc. Thanks for making this happen.

Edited by RudeStyle

There are so many people that I want to thank for this event, from the committee, to my allies, and even to my opponents. Let's see if I can do this.

Committee - Well, it's to be expected that I thank you. This event would not be a thing without you all, so I can't even begin to show my appreciation for the work you put into creating this amazing event. Thank you, Jericho, Rose, Hukuna, NickCrash, Frar, Pyrrhon, and whoever else I might have missed by accident.

Atlantis - My friends throughout this event. When I got into Nations, I knew pretty much none of you, barring Sini, Vince, and slightly Bibs, Xiri, and mde. I really can say that I'm glad that you all were in my Nation with me, because I couldn't ask for a better set of teammates, as well as new friends. I really hope that, even with Nations coming to an end, we can still be close to each other for the rest of our time with each other. Thank you Xiri, Frar, Sini, Vince, mde, Krim, Personthing, Bibs, Cyanna, Lugruf, Sonic, RudeStyle, and probably a few more I've missed. Another bit of thank you for Tizara, Cowtao, and DerogatoryTrainer who had to leave for their reasons. I do hope that you know that I appreciate the time you three were around in our Nation. We're bringing home the trophy, though. Atlantis isn't gonna hold anything back for the finals.

Our opponents - What can I say, a lot of you were really good sports when we did battle. I have to say, specifically, thanks to Cobalt, Sparky, DavidPWNs, Tartar, and Drymus for being my five opponents in Nations (apologies if I missed someone, I double-checked the weeks to make sure). The first three weeks, I like to think our opponents pushed us to really work to get better Week 4 onward, which, as you can see, has gone well. I gotta give my thanks to Amazon, though. We'll be fighting in the finals soon, so... I hope you're ready, because we certainly are.

So, what can I say? We really did work hard to get to where we are, and we're ready for whatever comes next, Thank you all for making Nations 2 what it is, and here's hoping for another great competition in the future.

Secundum - As infamous as she is, she was great at leading Avalon Nation when she was the leader.

Tho I would say thanks to people if one didn't lose my respect once I left and some others I'm already befriended with leaving not really enough people to make a whole thread about even though I just made one

Also rip Zumi. Rekt by GateKeeper.

What can I say, this has been a wonderfrou experience. Made a lot of friends and all the people in Gaia were pretty chill,except for one I've had past disagreements with. But besides that, huge thanks to DD for being an amazing leader, Pyrro and Mono for being straight up Gs, TarTar and Roswell for always lending helpful advice, and everyone being overall super friendly. It is sad that many of our comrades were barely there or quit, or had life issues and couldn't participate, but we Gaians persevered and tried our best in the end, even with a general lack of players we could send into battle. I will always respect you guys as comrades in my heart.

Notable opponents were the Ravenholts, we had mad respect for y'all. Atlantis who beat us twice, no matter how hard we tried. And to everyone else we fought with, GG!!

That's I have to say,besides thank you to the people who organized this event~

That feel when dropped out of the Committee week 2 ((okay, that's sorta untrue... I publicly did... but remained working until at least... week 7 or so. It was whenever Jeri brought the challenges to be moreso approved by the Leaders of the Nations than the committee on it's own since a lot of the work I was doing was trying my best to figure out balance on them and if things were at least reasonably fair... given the nature of the challenges... damn was that shit hard.)) and still getting recognition by name.

I appreciate it though, it's not necessary. All the thanks I need is that out of the whole thing, some positive experiences were had. New friendships forged... etc etc... it seems that this had happened. While I didn't stick through til the end, I'm glad I had some part in it. Even if it was small. All the thanks I need, is seeing that, this thread, the people in it. Makes me happy knowing that. In the end, some good came out of all the struggle. Wish I had sticked it out, but... well stuff was stressful at the time so... I had to step out like I did and take a backseat for my own sake. Anyway, enough about me cause meh... I'm not overall that important in the scheme of things. I just wanted to see something be great.All I really wanted.

Thanks to the rest of Avalon for a great experience. I was honoured and proud to serve as your leader. We just ran out of steam halfway through when we had a bunch of people go inactive, and we had a few key battles screw us over horribly with hax. Nevertheless, we did great. With luck, we can keep the group going even now that nations is ending. Meeting a bunch of new people was a great experience.

Thanks to the committee for running this - I know from experience it isn't easy.

Everyone else - you all did good too.

Even though i quit halfway through, I still think Pokenation was an interesting event.

the thing that sets pokenations apart from other events, is how it requires teamwork, not just your own wits to succeed.

I met friends and had experiences throughout my time playing, and i sure did learn a thing or two While i was in.

Im glad my team won, and looking back I should have stayed longer. But to be quite honest, I think it was for the best i left.

So, Congratulations Atlantis For the victory, for the experiences i had with you all, for making my time in pokenations a generally positive thing.

Would i totally do this again? Yup. And maybe i would stay longer than i did.

Cheers everyone.

PokeNations 2 has been an awesome event and I really want to thank the commitee for organizing it. I've loved this tournament so I feel like I need to thank you all for making it happen.

To my comrades of Atlantis, congratulations for reaching this far and it has been a pleasure to be in your team. Our start was quite slow and after the 0-3 it looked like we weren't making it at all. However, we could turn the tables and win seven weekks in a row getting a position in the final tournament. Well played, guys. I've also met great people, and I'm sorry if I was more distant and participated less in the conversations than the rest, but that's me. It has been a real pleasure to be part of the Nation of Atlantis.

I also want to give special thanks to Xiri for helping me out countless times during this weaks. You've been a master for me and it's been a honor to learn from you. You've also made a great job as a leader, so thank you for everything.

In general, PokeNations has been an incredible experience and I'm looking forward to take part next year if there happens to be another season.

Alright then, before thanking anyone I just want to give a PSA. This is supposed to be a positive "thank you" thread with regards to nations, please leave any negativity at the door with regards to other members.

Shout out to the council for designing an enjoyable tournament, the championship round sounds baller and it makes me wish I was a part of it.

Shout out to DD for being the leader of our nation, I wasn't around much for the community building aspect of it this time but I'm sure you were great.

Shout out to the rest of the Gaians for keeping strong team cohesion throughout the competition. I'd have liked to work with you all a bit more on teambuilding and practicing but I didn't have a lot of time on my hands and I'll own that.

Shout out to Vex for giving me some insightful discussion, innovative builds for 'mons, and an experienced and critical eye on where I might improve certain things, even if they were only occasional encounters.

Shout out to the top boys in Amazon for the week ten bants. :Kappa:

I'm not one for speaking at length, so a list of people, rather than why. Alphabetical order, too.

Breakfast, Chim, CoolGirl, Inno, Intsys, Kaito, Nova, Ody, Red_Chaos, Xiri

If I forgot to put you, and actually should've, blame my memory.

Props to Atlantis for the seven-week streak of wins, and Avalon for being the most intimidating nation starting out. And to Ravenholts for having the most average type combination

Thanks to Jeri and the council members for keeping this running somewhat smoothly.

Edited by Cobalt996

I'll keep it short. Thanks to the Ravenholts for working with my mediocre battle skills and supporting me. Kaito and Odybid were equally great leaders and people like Cool Girl, Intsys and Captain Breakfast for being great teammates. Thanks to my opponents Sonic, Drymus, Reignit'd Light and Swamp for being great opponents. 2 wins and 2 losses, that's 2 better than expected. Finally, thanks to Jeri and the crew for bringing the whole thing together.

Will I sign up for Pokenations 3? Hell yeah! Watch out opponents, the Jacobliterator will return!

A very big THANK YOU to all my teammates in Gaia, that I now consider them all my friends (including Chubb, even though he had to move to a new home quite early)!

And also a very big SORRY for not being there as much as I wanted to help you :(. I feel that I let you all down...

Special thanks to DW for being one of best guys I have met in Reborn, and I feel like I know him for a lifetime. It seems that he thinks exactly the same as me :P.

I also want to show my appreciation for pbood, mono and vex for helping out everyone with mock battles and teambuilding.

Last but not least I want to thank every opponent I faced in Pokenations, especially Intsys! He gave me the chance to have an awesome match while I used an underwhelming yet really funny team! (It might wasn't very obvious, but I enjoyed that match at its fullest!)

Closing, I have to thank Jericho and all the comittee members that created this awesome tournament, and all the special challenges they came up with every week.

Pokenations 2 gave me the chance to respect a bunch of people I met, and also I found a new love for Seismitoad which was my ace in the DUU week as well as for other pokemon that I didn't quite like such as Pyroar!

I want to thank everyone in the Ravenholts, especially Cobalt who helped me practice countless times with his bag of gimmicks.
I want to thank everyone that I fought, for you all are such good opponents. Hope I put up a good enough fight against you all!
I want to thank the PokeNations 2 committee, for this event won't ever succeed without your involvement.

Even though I dropped out halfway I want to say I'm really impressed with Atlantis. At the very start I hoped to be in Atlantis because Morshu and Xiri were the only people I knew on the server. So yeah I'm definitely rooting for Atlantis.

In the end I don't regret Avalon. My thanks goes especially to a couple of people:

- Spineblade: for being a cool and nice guy

- THRS for helping me out with testing. Avalon wouldn't get half the practice they had without you. You were the MVP

- Dhanush for also testing out teams, being helpful and show sportmanship. Oh and you're hilarious btw.

- Hushie: Didn't talk to you as much as I would've liked to but you were a great help as well.

- Wendel: GATEKEEPER SUCKS

- Jericho: For putting up with a lot of BS Avalon put you through. Next time just smack some people around. It will save you a lot of stress.

- Void and Davidpwns for their sense of humor and snarky remarks.

And of course Cobalt. While he wasn't in my Nation he showed some sportmanship and being cool overall. I swear I'll get back on the server so maybe we can battle again sometime. Honestly, if it wasn't for you I probably would've quit nations sooner.

Oh and before I forget: Pbood I want my revenge. I still have nightmares from my horrible plays so next time I'm going to kick your ass.

Well as we go into finals its time for the thank yous. I've struggled to be around quite as much due to school in the last few weeks but it has been a great experience.

When I first saw Atlantis, I was glad I was in the nation. It had the best people in it imo. We had a disastrous start, but pulled together an managed to keep the 7-3 dream alive. Now all we have to do is 8-3.

I'd like to thank all of Atlantis for being awesome, especially our great leader Xiri, who did a fantastic job (I'm super glad you beat me for that role. I wouldn't have done anywhere as good a job as you).

I'd like to thank my opponents for being great as well!

And finally thanks to the council for organizing this great event.

hi i only played for like 3 weeks or something but i still wanna make a post

i was willing to try pokenations and it was,, ok??? id be up for trying again under different leaders and teams and what not?? maybe if it was more of a fun joke league thing instead of people taking it way too serious

thanks to my 2 opponents for an ass kicking at least yall were nice to me; shout out to wendel for being dutch squad it was good having you around my dude and also all members that helped me building teams for all the weeks i was there because im p sucky at that

I'd recommend taking the "Dramalon posts" elsewhere.

At this point, I'd like to thank some people for the effort they put into this. I know I might have not been active for the biggest part of Nations, but I still monitored the whole procedure in my very limited spare time.

First of all, shoutout to the other committee members who organized the whole thing: Jericho, Rose, Frarpeto, Pyrrhon, and Hukuna, as well as the substitutes/extra help that helped in the challenge discussions and the whole organization of the league, Sheep, Chubb, Tacos. I don't think I've forgotten anyone. They are all great, and deserve an applause.

Then to my team, Gaia, which is the fat team, the gnome team, the titan team, and a lovely group of people who may be different, but all awesome, even if some left us either completely or stolen by other teams (I'm looking at you Ravenholts and the precious pig you stole from us). Good job everyone. The result does not reflect your worth, but the effort shows your potential. I'm happy to have been part of the group, even when the group didn't notice I was there. Dark Desire, you know how to lead, and you might have been unlucky, but you still are one of the best players around here, and that's a fact.

Also, thanks to Zumi for making the fantastic Nations 2 Logo, as well as the Championship Version of it. She also made a great Amazon Nation logo and I'm still curious to see what her version of Avalon would be if she remained there before we had to make certain team switches for balance and better inner organization reasons.

Last but not least, thanks to all of you for participating. I believe everyone has gained something from this competition, be it friends, battling experience, or even some good drama to watch, while eating popcorn. Win or Lose; in the end it doesn't matter. All it matters was the journey and the fun we had while planning and playing. Get out there, watch the championship rounds and get ready for more pokemon battles.