Absolute Madness: Intense Pick my Team Runthrough

SkyDeity

So I was thinking about all the kinds of challenge runs I could do for my second time playing Version 8, and I thought it would be really fun to try a playthrough where forum members choose all the members of my party. This is gonna be really tough for me since it'll be my first time on intense, but I'm willing to take the challenge.

A few rules for people to acknowledge:

1. Only suggest Pokemon that are possible to get in the game (duh).

2. 1 of the suggestions must be a starter pokemon. I'll only take one starter suggestion (unless ofc said starter is available through other methods).
3. No jackpot starters. I have a life and not much luck.

4. Exercise kindness. I'm not going to reject anything, but it's something to keep in mind.

5. I will be evolving my party to the final stage of evolution on all Pokemon.

I will only be taking 12 Pokemon to keep in the rotation of my team, so first come, first serve.
1. Bulbasaur line

2. Mareep line

3. Mystery egg Pokemon

4. Scatterbug line

5. Skorupi line

6. Growlithe line

7. Vanillite line

8. Misdreavus line

9. Nidoran M line

10. Tympole line

11. Cleffa line

12. Swablu line

I'm really excited about this challenge run, and I will try my hardest to keep everyone updated on it.

Okay that's everyone! No more suggestions, I'll start the run tomorrow and keep everyone updated as it goes!

Current Team:

001.gif Lagspike (Lvl. 7)

Edited by SkyDeity

Hmm.. considering how useful Bulbasaur is in the early game, I'm vouching for Bulbasaur as the starter! :ph34r: Nothing beats Torchic, though. Anyway, I'm looking forward to see you actually start this run! Seems like an interesting concept.

Edited by Lagspike

i wholeheartedly suggest vivillon.

the thing has strong early game pressence through early evolution, and after learning quiver dance and tutoring sleep powder, the mid-late game beating begins. Compoundeyes sleep powder will help u way too often.

My vivillon has swept through Valerie, cheesed Groudon and rift Chandelure with Powder (amber was impossible due to double battle), swept Crawli after learning hurricane, helped with Angie despite type disadvantage, and swept 5 of Texen's pokemon despite electric weakness. Recently swept 5/6 of Flora too. And all this in intense mode....

Generally its too cheap for what it offers...

Since you don't have a fire type take Growlithe, available nice and early and quite strong. Only downside is that you'll have to wait a long time for it to get good moves before evolving it.

Edited by Personthing

Vanillite, because I like it.

It's also going to be your only Ice type for a while, and while it's not as bulky as Mamoswine or Abomasnow, it's not awful. It takes hits from special side a little better, but when Shadow Vanillite has Will-O-Wisp...

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

My thoughts on each of the suggestions (spoiler tab b/c it's long):

Hmm.. considering how useful Bulbasaur is in the early game, I'm vouching for Bulbasaur as the starter! :ph34r: Nothing beats Torchic, though. Anyway, I'm looking forward to see you actually start this run! Seems like an interesting concept.

I love me a good stall 'mon. Leech seed to the top!

as a faithful follower of adrive i must ask for Flaaffy

I've always been a fan of this cutie. I'll try a different set than I used on my Ampharos on my first run.

Add whatever mystery egg gives you.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS RNG

i wholeheartedly suggest vivillon.

the thing has strong early game pressence through early evolution, and after learning quiver dance and tutoring sleep powder, the mid-late game beating begins. Compoundeyes sleep powder will help u way too often.

My vivillon has swept through Valerie, cheesed Groudon and rift Chandelure with Powder (amber was impossible due to double battle), swept Crawli after learning hurricane, helped with Angie despite type disadvantage, and swept 5 of Texen's pokemon despite electric weakness. Recently swept 5/6 of Flora too. And all this in intense mode....

Generally its too cheap for what it offers...

wooo set up cheese

Get yourself a nice and fancy Drapion

unique, I like it. I shall name him to fit his fanciness.

Since you don't have a fire type take Growlithe, available nice and early and quite strong. Only downside is that you'll have to wait a long time for it to get good moves before evolving it.

I like puppies

Vanillite, because I like it.

It's also going to be your only Ice type for a while, and while it's not as bulky as Mamoswine or Abomasnow, it's not awful. It takes hits from special side a little better, but when Shadow Vanillite has Will-O-Wisp...

I love my snow cone will treat him well

I'm going to be nice and ask to take my favorite ghost: mismagius.

woooooo destiny bond cheese

Nidoran Male line.

what a toxic team member tbh

I vouch for the Tympole line.

IT'S DAT BOIIIII

I'm sorry.

Since these Pokemon are rare, try getting either a Cleffa, Swirlix, or Spritzee.

I'll take cleffa (since it's the first you mentioned)

Swablu Line

FLUFFY CLOUD BIRB <3333333

I'll start posting updates tomorrow (I think?).

1st Update

I'm just gonna pump out this first one with the starter picking and the first battles with Amaria and Ren. I'm gonna take somewhat frequent screenshots and put them under a spoiler tab with some commentary from me. This first update's gonna be pretty short, but the following updates should get me through sizeable chunks of the game.

Screenshots:

05f88e21d8.png

blah blah blah intro intro
Anyways, I just chose the first noun I saw on this topic title as my name. Judge me. I dare you.

0f0da30d1e.png

I'm naming all my Pokemon after whoever suggested them (b/c I'm not creative). I would've preferred a +def/-atk or +spdef/-atk nature, but I can settle for +def/-speed.

This thing had some really balanced IVs, so I was pretty happy. Might change its ability later on for a battle like Amber's.

854d9bc84b.png

As good as pressing C over and over again to tackle your fox makes me, sure.

8e12776db1.png

I agree Jenner. It's madness that you'd let this piece of trash exist in the same room as me.

a019bc6f75.png

K, whatever edgy trash.

I'm pretty excited to really get into this. I hope you guys enjoy this run as much as I will. :D

Edited by SkyDeity

I see, pretty cool to see the precise odds, where did you get this data from if I may ask? Would be very interested to see all species, locations, times and odds for future playthroughs.

PBS files has all that info, but idk where that chart's from