Fire Emblem On The Forums: Ashes (IC)

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dsICv0D.png

"Would ya kindly... just shut up and die already?" The warrior woman sighed. All that was standing between her and a nice bath was this terrible cliche spouting whatever it was, because she'd not accepted that she had lost. Meredith sighed at the annoyance elemental in front of her before reeling back to unleash another javelin.

"lt's time to sleep little Cloudbreaker, The Undying has come to tuck you into bed. However, brats like you don't get a good night kiss."

Move to A10, hold hands with Serene... *ahem* uh... l mean uh... throw Javelin of Doom at the spoiled brat Louise.

(Meredith's Daunt activates) 

(Serene is supporting Meredith)

(Meredith has an uninjured spirit) 

Meredith:

Attack: 9

Hit: 76%

Crit: 5%

Louise:

Attack: 2

Hit: 60%

Crit: 3%

Meredith's attack: 65, hit!

Crit: 35

Louise takes 9 damage! 

Louise's counter attack: 58, hit!

Crit: 3!!!

Meredith takes a devastating 6 damage!

In a desperate attempt to stay alive, lightning flares out at Meredith from the commander, but the barrier around Meredith protected her from the damage. 

Luka moves to A12 and dances Meredith and Serene

Soldiers of Dragao: Health, Location, Weapon

Fighter 1 (0/28) (I12) Iron Axe

Fighter 2 (0/28) (K13) Iron Axe Poisoned (2/2)

Fighter 3 (0/28) (H4) Iron Axe 

Knight 1 (0/32) (C12) Iron Axe 

Knight 2 (0/32) (C13) Iron Lance 

Knight 3 (0/32) (C14) Iron Sword

Knight 4 (0/32) (H12) Iron Sword  Sleep (2/3)

Knight 5 (0/32) (H13) Iron Axe  Berserk (1/1)

Knight 6 (0/32) (H14) Iron Lance  

Mage 1 (0/27) (I5) Wind 

Mage 2 (0/27) (E9) Thunder

Mage 3 (0/27) (F10) Wind Berserk (1/1)

Mage 4 (0/27) (B13) Elfire (30/30)(Drop)

Monk 1 (0/23) (B6) Starshot(29/30)(Drop)

Monk 2 (0/23) (F15) Light Screen (1/1)

Bow Knight 1 (0/23) (F7) Iron Bow

Priest 1 (0/21)(A13), Heal

Wyvern Rider 1 (0/32) (B1) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 2 (0/32) (E2) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 3 (0/32) (H13) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 4 (0/32) (G7) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 5 (0/32) (B11) Iron Lance

Louise (3/31)(A8) Bolting, Elthunder(E)

Misguided Children: Health, Location, Weapon
Hoshiko (15/25) (B6) Iron Bow (31/45), Iron Longbow (13/30)(E) Vulnerary (3/3) Starshot (29/30) Moved
Ecquis (26/28) (E15) Iron Halberd (32/45), Iron Javelin (29/45)(E) Vulnerary (1/3), Door Key (1/1), Golden Gauntlet,
Terrin (24/24) (B8) Thunder (23/40)(E), Vulnerary (3/3), Static (22/30)  Moved
Luka (25/28) (A12) Vulnerary (3/3), Soldier's Drums (20/20) 
Klarenfilia (27/27) (D6) Lightning (12/40)(E) Vulnerary (1/3), Blessed Iron (24/40) 
Meredith (24/33) (A10) Iron Lance (24/45)(E), Vulnerary (2/3), Iron Javelin (34/45), Glaive (20/20), Poison(20/20) Barrier (4/5) 
Rosalyva (24/25) (E5) Iron Sword (30/45)(E) Vulnerary (1/3), Iron Blade (38/45), Slim Sword (31/35) Moved
Mayanna the Last (23/24) (B9) Heal (12/30) Vulnerary (3/3), Heal (30/30), Sleep (18/20)(E), Barrier (11/15) 
Serene (23/28), (A11), Fire (6/40), Vulnerary (1/3), Door Key(1/1) 

Allies: Health, Location, Weapon
Saffron (21/22), (F14), Nephele (-), Vulnerary (2/3)
Feri (21/26), (D14), Wind (27/40), Vulnerary (3/3)
Cherry (18/20), (I8), Poison Knife (37/40), Yotsungand (18/20)(E), Vulnerary (3/3), Lockpick (15/15) Barrier (3/5)

Renee  (26/26) (I13) Iron Crossbow (40/40), Vulnerary (3/3) 

Doors and Chests: Health, Location
Chest 1: (-) (F1)

Wall 1 (20/20) (C5)

Wall 2 (0/20) (C6)

EXP tracker: 43/100    

lkU2da6.png

"Heh... HEHEHEHEHEH! That's all ya got? Seriously? You really are all bark no bite." The warrior laughed at the laughable attempt to fell her. Meredith took a deep breath to center herself. The heat was getting to her and she was losing it somewhat. But... this was too funny. The Great Cloudbreaker, naught but a baying hound. lt was almost sad. She had no sympathy for Dragaons that still fought under that demon of a king however.

"l'll commend ya for surviving that last one. But, Missy, lt's really past your bedtime, and l have a bath ta enjoy."

Move to A9 and put her to sleep for good, lron Lance style.

(Meredith's Daunt activates) 

(Serene is supporting Meredith)

(Meredith has an uninjured spirit) 

Meredith:

Attack: 10

Hit: 81%

Crit: 5%

Louise:

Attack: 2

Hit: 60%

Crit: 3%

Meredith's attack: 68, hit!

Meredith defeats Louise with 10 damage! 

With a lance firmly lodged in her gut, Louise struggled to speak. In raspy moans her last words were: "Achillies... Brother... Please... Save me..." As Meredith pulled out her lance, the commander's body fell over to the ground. 

[Victory!]

Final results:

Soldiers of Dragao: Health, Location, Weapon

Fighter 1 (0/28) (I12) Iron Axe

Fighter 2 (0/28) (K13) Iron Axe Poisoned (2/2)

Fighter 3 (0/28) (H4) Iron Axe 

Knight 1 (0/32) (C12) Iron Axe 

Knight 2 (0/32) (C13) Iron Lance 

Knight 3 (0/32) (C14) Iron Sword

Knight 4 (0/32) (H12) Iron Sword  Sleep (2/3)

Knight 5 (0/32) (H13) Iron Axe  Berserk (1/1)

Knight 6 (0/32) (H14) Iron Lance  

Mage 1 (0/27) (I5) Wind 

Mage 2 (0/27) (E9) Thunder

Mage 3 (0/27) (F10) Wind Berserk (1/1)

Mage 4 (0/27) (B13) Elfire (30/30)(Drop)

Monk 1 (0/23) (B6) Starshot(29/30)(Drop)

Monk 2 (0/23) (F15) Light Screen (1/1)

Bow Knight 1 (0/23) (F7) Iron Bow

Priest 1 (0/21)(A13), Heal

Wyvern Rider 1 (0/32) (B1) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 2 (0/32) (E2) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 3 (0/32) (H13) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 4 (0/32) (G7) Iron Lance

Wyvern Rider 5 (0/32) (B11) Iron Lance

Louise (0/31)(A8) Bolting, Elthunder(E)

Misguided Children: Health, Location, Weapon
Hoshiko (15/25) (B6) Iron Bow (31/45), Iron Longbow (13/30)(E) Vulnerary (3/3) Starshot (29/30) Moved
Ecquis (26/28) (E15) Iron Halberd (32/45), Iron Javelin (29/45)(E) Vulnerary (1/3), Door Key (1/1), Golden Gauntlet,
Terrin (24/24) (B8) Thunder (23/40)(E), Vulnerary (3/3), Static (22/30)  Moved
Luka (25/28) (A12) Vulnerary (3/3), Soldier's Drums (20/20) 
Klarenfilia (27/27) (D6) Lightning (12/40)(E) Vulnerary (1/3), Blessed Iron (24/40) 
Meredith (24/33) (A9) Iron Lance (23/45)(E), Vulnerary (2/3), Iron Javelin (34/45), Glaive (20/20), Poison(20/20) Barrier (4/5) 
Rosalyva (24/25) (E5) Iron Sword (30/45)(E) Vulnerary (1/3), Iron Blade (38/45), Slim Sword (31/35) Moved
Mayanna the Last (23/24) (B9) Heal (12/30) Vulnerary (3/3), Heal (30/30), Sleep (18/20)(E), Barrier (11/15) 
Serene (23/28), (A11), Fire (6/40), Vulnerary (1/3), Door Key(1/1) 

Allies: Health, Location, Weapon
Saffron (21/22), (F14), Nephele (-), Vulnerary (2/3)
Feri (21/26), (D14), Wind (27/40), Vulnerary (3/3)
Cherry (18/20), (I8), Poison Knife (37/40), Yotsungand (18/20)(E), Vulnerary (3/3), Lockpick (15/15) Barrier (3/5)

Renee  (26/26) (I13) Iron Crossbow (40/40), Vulnerary (3/3) 

Doors and Chests: Health, Location
Chest 1: (-) (F1)

Wall 1 (20/20) (C5)

Wall 2 (0/20) (C6)

EXP tracker: 73/100    

Without warning or mercy, the winds began to pick up. In a moment the wind went from a annoying gust to a dangerous force kicking up sand and debris. The fresh body of Louise and her soldiers were already being covered in layers of sand. 

XC3yB3x.png

"Oh no, this area is known for long sandstorms, if we bunker down now we'll only get buried with the corpses." 

uTl4j3s.png

"Wait, she was his...?"

w6efUr1.png

"HIS SISTER!" his voice erupted beside her, as he clamped a jovial hand on her shoulder, the joy etched on his face something she had not seen in literal years "Oh by the goddess, this is too damn good... we killed that SWINE'S FUCKING SISTER! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, DAMN. MAYA, CAN YOU FREAKING BELEIVE THE BEUATIFUL IRONY OF IT- HIS SISTER! HIS GODDESS DAMNED SISTER, OF ALL THE PIG RELATIVES WE COULD'VE RUN INTO IN THIS DESERT!"

BsQ922v.png

"Hmph....hehehehe, yes I suppose it is rather.... poetic. And the pig himself will be next, in due time..." just as they were in the middle of their rejoicing however (which, in all honesty, to anyone watching would simply seem like Maya was apparently talking to herself at this point), the winds picked up with far more ferocity than they had before, and before they knew it dust and debris began to fly all around, quickly cutting down on the visibility as the storm grew closer and closer. Hissing at the not-quite-rain on her parade, Maya tugged her hood back up and turned to freyl

UOKInGw.png

"We can celebrate later..." and then she turned to the others, as talk of hunkering down began "what about the house south of here? It might be nothing but ruins, but I don't see anything else nearby, and I doubt we can outrun this. It's better than nothing..."

lgw2lFV.png

Meredith took a moment to revel in the warm sanguine bath that was her reward. She rejoiced in the gift that battle lavished in her. The feel of the scarlet liquid on her skin was one she enjoyed. Especially after dealing with such a nuisance as that. However, she'd not have an eternity to bask in it. 

dsICv0D.png
"AHHHHHHHHHHH! Can we catch a break any time today?" Meredith huffed. She was getting really sick of this damn desert. The sooner they were out of this blistering hot, sand-filled hell...the better.

Serene allowed a giggle to pass her lips.

"I mean, if it's so hot, maybe you could take your armor off? I can't imagine the ventilation in there being very good."

She began to take off her own armor as she said this, piling up the plate components in a bundle on her arm.

"Muuuuuch better."

She then began lazily floating toward the house that Maya was talking about.

lkU2da6.png

"Easy for you to say Firecracker~ But l need assistance ta remove mine which l'm certain you're aware of. lt'd take too long to remove and certainly, that'd be an issue if we run into any more trouble like that one." she said lazily pointing her spear towards the body of The Cloudbreaker. She stretched her arm back and let out a sigh,a release of the weariness in her body and some frustration at the current circumstances.

"l should've had them make it another colour though. l never thought l'd be fighting in these damned deserts. And now l get to boil alive. Remind me the next time ta order... a much lighter colour..." she followed after Serene, just trusting her judgement more or less.

klarennocape_by_ninjacyndaquil-db0urhg.p

"Are they all dead? Hooray, that means we can start talking about the ghost I saw." Speaking off, Mayanna was already suggesting they go camp at the house. SPOOKY!

Klaren hopped over the bodies piled all around the sand, shielding his eyes from the approaching storm with his sleeve, and walked up to Maya.

"Hey miss Maya, but there's a ghost in that house, you know. You sure we wanna camp there~?" He asked playfully, more in a jest. He didn't care if they went there. In fact, it would be really fun if they found the ghost again. Placing a finger on his lips, he waited for a response.

As members of the group approached the broken down house they would see a shadowy figure coming out from behind it, masked in the deserts storm. The figure grew larger as it made it's way closer. Those closest to the house would notice a silhouette of an axe resting on it's shoulder.  "Traversing the desert's sands so unprepared is just asking to be swallowed up by it's relentless might." The figure spoke condescendingly. It was obviously a man's voice, the tone was too deep to be feminine.  "Storms like these cover your tracks and the inexperienced will surely get stranded within this blazing heat. A slow, painful end as your will is slowly consumed. Tell me, is that the fate you so desire?" The man asked stopping his movement forward waiting for a response.

c7f91Qj.png

"Klaren please, ghosts or no, it's better than staying out here in this." She responded with a slight sigh as the group walked "Besides, as if I'd be afraid of ghosts at this point... compared to the true undead we've already encountered, Ghost are harmless. I would know." she turned to look at freyl "Well... almost harmless...Most of the time...."

Buv5Stx.png

"What, no, oh cooome oooon. 

c7f91Qj.png

"..."

Buv5Stx.png

Gaaa, fine, fair enough I guess. I did say I was sorry though, ya know..."

Before she could say much more on the subject though, or explain what the hell she was even looking at though, there from the ruins emerged a figure.... great, juuuuust great. A figure who spoke pretentious  greetings and carried an Axe on their shoulder. This was certainly going to go well...

oXVm8Zn.png

"oh look, everyone," she called to those behind them, "some foolish bandit here who probably thinks he's strong enough to pick off a few weakened travellers. Either that, or an agent of the king with a mind to kill us, but not before he bores us with his pretentious little riddles"

UOKInGw.png

"Either way, doesn't matter... which one of you is going to break the very painful news about how wrong he is? And do be sure to make quick work of him, please... the storm isn't getting any slower, afterall"

klarennocape_by_ninjacyndaquil-db0urhg.p

"Huh?" Klaren looked over in the direction Mayanna suddenly turned, and raised an eyebrow as he saw nothing there. Hmmm...this could probably mean only one thing...

Mayanna was a medium and could speak with ghosts because she too died once already. The plot thickened. This was just like reading through the mythos in his father's library, except he was actually talking with one. Klaren had to keep himself from falling flat on his back out of excitement.

But the mysterious figure arrived to ruin the mood, and the Monk turned towards it, flipping open his Lightning tome. Raising a finger up, a ball of light appeared in his palm and he let it float over to the stranger to shed some light on his face before dissipating within seconds.

"Peace travelers, I mean you no harm. I only come to offer my assistance." The man replies before shoving his axe into the sand before reaching for the sky. He approaches slower than before to try and lower the tension. His appearance became visible. His clothing was native to Caelum, that much was clear. He made sure to stop before he came too close as an attempt to not agitate the group any further. 

qkSSoK6.png

"I am a native of these lands and I can't with good conscience turn a blind eye to travelers in need. I can lead you all through this sandstorm and to wherever your destination may be. All I ask is for your trust and cooperation."

c7f91Qj.png

"....Oh? Well.... I do suppose you've just wasted any opportunity to attack us you just had , or to even defend yourself against us at that, were we to attack preemptively..."  she paused, obviously weighing the pros and cons of the situation for a moment, before turning to the others "Well.... what a pleasant surprise, especially after the past few weeks we spent just getting here. Nevermind, everyone, forget my previous statement, for now; I suppose this man does not need to be taught a painful lesson at the end of the lance or a sword or a spell....hopefully, it will stay that way."

She turned back to the man "For now, sir, I will take your words and your actions in tossing aside your blade in good faith. And I will continue to unless you give us reason to defend ourselves, as we've had to do too many times already, thus far. Now pray tell, where precisely do you have in mind to wait this storm out? Quite literally anywhere but the open desert is better than that ruined shack of a house behind you."

qkSSoK6.png

"One thing is for sure, hiding in those ruins would be foolish. One strong gust of wind could cause some of the debris to fall on top of someone. This current road will likely be storming for a while, you'd be walking with the storm for quite sometime. Luckily, there's a separate road not too far from here that leads towards Natarjah, should be relatively storm free. We'll be traversing off road for a bit but it's safer than persisting in this storm."

dsICv0D.png

"Look... you just find me a nice cool bath, that's all l'm asking for. An Oasis, something! l can't take this damned heat any more. l feel like l'm cooking in this tin can. So, less yappin' more gettin' on our way somewhere safe. Cause by the goddess l don't want to have to wear this armour any longer then necessary." The warrior huffed loudly at all the conversation. She was going stir crazy at this point. Mostly... the sandstorm and this... gentleman showing up out of thin air piling on top of all the other little frustrations. Unfortunately for him he was the straw that broke the camel's back.

"Goddess damn these stupid hot sands, why did you make these unbearable lands? And what did l do to have to suffer through them? Well... that's probably the whole "Rebelled against my stupid tyrant of a king" Coming to bite me in the ass but if l didn't l'd have to be fighting here ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSE LOSE FOR ME!" and still came the deluge of melodrama. She paused for a moment to just expel a giant sigh that was so deep one wondered if she had any air left in her lungs by the time she was done. She shot the man a murderous look, all the more scary due to the fact she was covered in the smattering of still relatively fresh blood, before continuing. "Seriously... let's get moving. We stand here gabbin' any longer, l'm just going to strip naked, l can't TAKE lT ANYMORE!!!"

With the stranger's guidance, the party quickly made their way out of the storm. By the time they made it back to the road they set up camp and went to sleep. For the next week, the stranger kept true to his word leading the party to their destination. With combined planning from Anna, Ian and the stranger the route they found cut about a day and a half's from their journey. 

27th of First Heat

The party started off early in the morning, and within a few hours walk just over a dune, they could see the tall walls of Natarjah. 

liDDtxL.png

"There it is friends, the city of Natarjah. In all it's history this city's walls were only breached once by the last dragon, it survived under the sand for years and started a rampage that destroyed the city, and he was only stopped by the Great Prophet of Caelum. It's a marvel to see it with my own eyes."  It was clear that Feri was having a hard time containing his excitement. 

Ef1dQIP.png

"That is the Dragao version of the story." Ian interjected. "In Caelum, it's believed that it was a Great Demon that destroyed the wall. The demon wanted to destroy the holy city, but the Great Prophet of Caelum sacrificed himself and sealed it under the city with his last breath."

liDDtxL.png

"Oh? Fascinating! Are you also interested in history Ian?" 

Ef1dQIP.png

"Somewhat. You tend to hear a lot when you have traveled as long as I." And the duo fell to silence for the rest of the walk. 

As they reached the wall there was a line to enter the city as merchants with large carts full of wares tried to make their way in and sell their wares. When the group approached the guards, they were questioned on their business and intentions. Saffron and Feri took the lead, saying that they had business in the palace and they were lead by the guards through the gates and further into the city. 

Natarjah is nothing like any any city in Dragao. The first word that would come to mind to describe it would be chaotic, but the second would be magical. Every building was made of yellow stone, with large windows in strange shapes. Every few meters the streets were shaded by the walkways that connected the roofs of buildings. Buildings in this city were stacked on top of each other, giving the second a whole second layer to walk on and do commerce. Surprisingly, the city wasn't hot. Both sides of it were surrounded by rivers so a fresh breeze greeted travelers and warded off the scorching sun. 

A long 40 minute walk lead them to the Palace of Ignis and to their destination. There, the party were greeted as guests and given a tower of the palace dedicated to guests. With several rooms, and a large living room the party cozied up and rested. Their mounts were given their own stables, almost as comfortable as their owner's. The stranger who lead them up to this point was also lead to the palace, as thanks for his help he was given a room as well. 

XC3yB3x.png

"We arrived on the perfect date! Just a day later and we would have missed the party Ian!" She clapped her hands together and turned to Ecquis. "Oh Ecquis dear, you are friends with my sister right? Anna Clara? You see this party is being hosted by my family I'm sure she'd love to see you there! Of course everyone else is invited too, I'm sure my sisters won't mind if I add a few more guests to my invitation."

An hour past noon, Feri and Saffron returned. They had been gone the whole time, and with news. 

HYCzHYz.png

"The Ignis and her partners will meet with us tomorrow in the afternoon, it seems they think we are diplomats and aren't taking us very seriously." Saffron let out a heavy sigh. 

liDDtxL.png

"There is a favor we must ask of all of you. We cannot let Saffron go to the meeting alone, Caelum tradition says that she must be accompanied by a man and a woman." Feri explained. "The rulers of Caelum that we are meeting with are the Ignis, the Sol and the Lua. The Sol is always a man and the Lua is always a woman, all three of them are incredibly young. I feel they would be insulted if I went in there with Saffron."

HYCzHYz.png

"I know I've already asked a lot out of all of you, but... This is an important step to reach our goal."

Anna's Ballroom Party and the meeting will occur at the same time. The two players who go on this political mission cannot attend the party.

lkU2da6.png
"l'll pass on that one." Meredith said without any hesitation. She wasn't really going to beat around the bush on this one. She didn't boil alive in her armour to go to a political meeting. She could lead troops no problem, but this was not a battlefield and Meredith wasn't much use away from one. She'd only ever been a soldier. Not exactly one fit for such an affair. Besides she had... much more pressing matters.

"Ya got Thunder Blunder, he's probably good at this whole talky talky thing and he's from this accursed desert. At least it's not, that heat was... Never again, Hopefully..." She passed a look around the room. She'd not really a good idea for who else could attend the meeting with Saffron from the more... feminine side of things. None of them were as obvious a pick as the man from the country itself. lt'd be hard to come close to such. 

"Anyway... after sweatin' a ocean in this damned cookpot... l need a real bath. So, l'm going to find me a nice, wonderful, little bathhouse and soak the stress away. So, if any of you ladies would like to tag along, speak now or forever hold your piece. Be a lovely bit of conversation and a good way ta catch up and relax.~ But l'm not going to wait forever.

trueEcquis.png

"That's right. It should be good to say hello and see how she's been faring," Ecquis remarks, stretching a bit as he relaxed in the room.  "Incidentally, where is this party going to be held at?"

Edited by Zetaark

XC3yB3x.png

"It will be in Anna Beatrice's mansion in the West part of the city. I can't wait to see my sisters!" Anna smiled sweetly. "I miss them so much, it's been forever since I've seen them. You know I love my sisters quite a bit, especially Anna Clara."

trueEcquis.png

"Beatrice's mansion huh? Does that mean she'll actually be joining the party? That's surprising," Ecquis remarks, recalling some of the stories he heard about Anna Beatrice. "I'm looking forward to seeing Clara again as well. I'm curious as to what she's gotten up to in the past few years."

qkSSoK6.png

"Is it really okay for me to go to a party so... grand?" Mercer interjected, unable to keep quite any longer.  "We've barely know each other for a week yet you give me a room in the palace and invite me to a party. I do not feel I deserve of such generosity. Besides, I'm... no good at parties."

• Developers

0c611388f4a844dd9358eaf6fc40e759.png

"If nobody has any objections I'm inclined to accept the commander's invitation to accompany Saffron. I'll lend the extent of my knowledge of how politics works here." Terrin says with a gracious nod, before glancing between Serene, Rosalyva, Mayanna, Hoshiko and Cherry to decide which one of them would be the least politically disastrous.

"Hmm... Anna, do you know if any relations of mine will be at the party?" He asked her, thinking. He knew he wouldn't be able to attend the party- and even if he was able to, the prospect of speaking to any of his family would be enough to put him off -but it would be rude to not offer his apologies if he knew anyone that would be there.