Fire Emblem On The Forums: Ashes (IC)

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

LuaMagi.png

"Lineage is nothing when compared to actions, but when I know nothing of your actions I must judge you on your lineage." She lifted her glare turning it to her nails, whatever reaction she was searching for she didn't get it. "There is a saying in Caelum: 'There are just as many thieves who are sons of nobles than nobles who are sons of thieves.' Lineage isn't a rule but more of a guideline to what one might do. But a guideline I value." 

SolFael.png

"I never liked that saying very much. And I'm sure our guests didn't come all this way to discuss the importance of lineage and character." The Sol interjected, trying to lighten the mood. "We now know who you are, and where you come from. So now comes the what: what do you want from us, oh future dragon queen and her two brave warriors."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trueEcquis.png

"I think I'll do that. Any idea where your sisters might be around here?" Ecquis asks Anna as he surveys the area for any food or familiar faces. It had been quite some time since he had been at a gathering like this, and though it felt a little strange, he retained his calm demeanor while he listened to the music.

• Developers

0c611388f4a844dd9358eaf6fc40e759.png

"Put simply, it is just as I mentioned - we are looking for allies. I think I can safely say that everyone in this room- and I would hope nearly everyone in this kingdom -wants an end to this pointless war, waged for the greed and ambitions of a tyrant. I fear that many of the people of Caelum have lost their life to Roswell's crusade, and our group has seen firsthand that many people of Dragao have done so. And there are plenty of good people in Dragao - indeed, many of the allies our group has gained on our journeys are former soldiers or citizens of Dragao who wish as we all do. For this mass bloodshed to end. And no matter how much faith I have in the Kingdom of Caelum and our own group of fighters to end victorious over Roswell... Then what?" The mage asked, before looking in the direction of Saffron and Hoshiko for assurance he wasn't making a fool of himself, and then continuing.

"Dragao needs a strong leader, but not a tyrant like Roswell. Not a greedy, hateful person. It needs somebody just. Somebody wise. Somebody who truly cares for their people. Our group started as a small ragtag group in Laguna Bay, doing as best as they could to oppose Roswell and help the people around us. But that's all we could do, all we were. Just a small group helping on whatever small scale we could. And then we had a chance encounter. Saffron and her allies, evading the forces of Roswell just as we were. And things changed for us. We had real hope and a real purpose. Something really tangible to fight for. King Brandon's rule ended with ghastliness, it's true. I think nobody knows that as well as Saffron. But his legacy before that was one of fairness. Of wisdom. Of compassion. And THAT is the legacy that the future Queen has clearly embraced and inherited. For she has demonstrated to us countless times that she is kind. That she is just. That she truly wants to help the people of Dragao and beyond." Terrin paused after this, leaving the room quiet, briefly, to give everybody present time to reflect on his impassioned words, before nodding respectfully towards the trio, waiting to read the response to his words before considering the best moment to bring up the gauntlet Ecquis had given them to gift to the young rulers.

LuaMagi.png

Saffron smiled at Terrin's speech, clearly happy to hear the compliments. But Lua'Magi spoke and her expression however only worsened. "This was is foolish indeed, but it is of no concern to us. Currently, Caelum is winning. Never once in it's history has Caelum lost a war, and it won't be under our rule. Yes our soldiers are dying, but each Caelum soldier that dies takes 100 from Dragao with them. They die proudly knowing that they defend their families back home. Now if we marched our armies into Dragon's Nest we would surely kill King Roswell, but how many more Caelum soldiers would die. Who inherits the throne is of no concern to us, and if we simply keep defending our homes like we have up until now one day Roswell will either get bored or die of boredom."

SolFael.png

"I'm kind and just! Why don't I become the King of Dragao?" The sol's joke stifles a giggle from the Ignis, the first show of emotion. Sol'Fael smiled, clearly happy with his own joke but then turned with a more serious face to his guests. "Future Queen Saffron, it is our people or yours. If you were in our position you would do the same. None of us could ask our soldiers to die for a country that isn't theirs. They are able to defend Caelum because it's their home. They have no reason to march into Dragao when we are comfortable here in our warm sands." For a moment it seems like he is about to say 'I'm sorry' but keeps it to himself. There is a genuine expression of sadness on his face. 

---

XC3yB3x.png

"Oh don't worry dear, I made sure the guards knew very well I arrived. So they'll be here soon. Just look for a fuming red tomato. Oh look there comes one!" She points in a directions and sure enough, Anna Clara... Or was it Anna Beatrice? They all look the same. An Anna was storming through the guests her expression filled with anger. As she arrived she seemingly remembered she was at a party and contained herself. 

Troubanna_prelim_dgreen.png

"Hello Anna Marie welcome! I thought it smelled like rotten corpses!" This Anna's expression had become a smile but her eyebrows twitched ever so slightly. 

XC3yB3x.png

"Anna Clara it's been so long! You know, I never thought it would be possible but somehow you've gotten uglier since I last saw you. Did you do something with your hair? It looks awful!" Even if her words of reply were harsh her tone was sweet and caring. 

"It has been a long time! I thought you would have been killed by one of the bandits you hang around with. Tell me, how many people did you murder on your way here? Wait no let me guess first... Was it 50? Oh wait it has to be more right?" The exchange just keeps going with the insults getting each time worse. The air between them is palpable and very very salty. It seems Anna Clara didn't notice anyone else other than her sister either. 

trueEcquis.png

"So this is what happens when they're all together," Ecquis mutters, chuckling a bit before interrupting. "While I can't say for sure how many people she killed on her way here, I can confirm that at least one was a guard for a noble house who made an offhanded comment about her appearance which caused quite a scene."

"Heh, that was fun though you have to admit. Enjoyable fight that was!" Meredith said flexing her arm. How she approached quietly was anyone's guess. THough she was not in her typical black plate. lnstead she wore a long flowing black dress in it's stead. She tumbled foward awkwardly throwing herself off balance with her movements however. She nearly crashed into Ecquis but managed to stop herself. "How do people walk in these stupid things? l want my armour back... it's so much more comfortable..." she lamented.

"ln her defense... hard ta not kill people when and entire countries army wants you dead and ta deliver your head on a pike ta some tyrant."

ZL7mt8W.png

The pink-haired archer looked absolutely irate at the Lua's reply. "Are you not listening to your own words? How long are you willing to let this war last? Another year? Ten? Twenty? How many soldiers will Caelum lose in twenty years of war? If your armies are so far superior to Dragao's as you claim, then it would be simple to march in and end this war now, instead of relying on a bloodthirsty tyrant tiring of war." She shifted her gaze, looking at the Sol. Her expression softened slightly, if that was the proper term; her face was still firm, but less angry looking. "And Caelum's armies are not the only ones that will continue to suffer. When any person lives under an unjust, cruel regime, it hurts everyone under the Goddess. Dragao's people are suffering, and you have the chance to begin a new era of peace and prosperity for all nations in the world. How can anybody sit comfortably when these things continue to happen next door?" 

LuaMagi.png

Lua'Magi was appalled and was taken aback for a few beats. "We are strong on the defense, our walls haven't been broken since the founding of this country. If you do not know the first thing about strategy then don't you dare spe-"

SolFael.png

"Now, now calm down Magi, she may have been harsh but she speaks the truth." 

LuaMagi.png

"Do you value anything she says!? Some savage from a land of ice and-" Lua'Magi was once again interrupted this time by the Ignis who snapped her fingers and glared at Magi. The glare alone was enough to silence her. Sol'Fael took this as his chance to speak. 

SolFael.png

"Hoshiko the Righteous, Daughter of Idou Ishikawa. Your words are blunt but true, I think our Ignis agrees with me on this." Ignis'Efari simply nodded. The Sol continued. "Ignis is the same Goddess you worship. She cares for all of us, and she would think us unworthy if we could simply turn our eyes away. But tell me, who are you to lead proud Caelum soldiers. What have you done, are you worthy yourself of being the hero that Dragao needs? Is Terrin Son of Lady Aisha worthy? Is Saffron Dragao Daughter of King Brandon and Future Queen of Dragao worthy? Are any of your allies worthy of fighting alongside our men? Or even fighting for our cause?" Sol'Fael stated all this rather poetically. It didn't seem like he wanted an answer. However he was clearly interested, while Lua'Magi was fuming ready to burst at any moment. "This might changing topics, but I'm curious. What truly is it like outside of Caelum? What have you faced to arrive here?" 

---

XC3yB3x.png

"I already said it was his fault he died not mine..." Anna mumbled. 

"Oh! OH! Ecquis!" Anna Clara hugged her friend, rather tightly too. Up until this point she had been completely unaware of everyone around Anna Marie. "It's been so long! Were you traveling with this stinking sister of mine? Are these your companions? Have you grown dear? Oh Ian is here too, hi Ian!" 

Ef1dQIP.png

"It's nice to hear your voice again Clara." Ian said in his typically stoic voice. 

"My, my this is quite the pleasant surprise! Just what I needed after such an awful reunion." 

trueEcquis.png

"Haha, yes, it has been quite some time. And I would certainly hope I'd grown somewhat considering how long it's been," Ecquis remarks, returning the hug.

"Yes, these are some of my companions. The woman in the black dress is Meredith, and the woman in the robes is Mayanna. The younger ones are Dash and Cherry. And yes, we ran into Anna Marie and Ian along the way. Everyone, this is Anna Clara. Back when I was here in Caelum, she helped me get settled in. Well, after I dragged her cart out of the desert," Ecquis chuckles at the last part.

• Developers

"There are some wonderful sights outside Caelum. Laguna Bay is quite lovely when the Kings' men weren't about terrorising everyone, although perhaps not enough sand for my tastes." The mage admitted with a shrug and a small laugh, before sighing a little. "We've faced the forces of Dragao on a number of occasions, including a general by the name Cloudbreaker who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with her bolting tome, and quite the scrape with House Nohr. And over this time a number of Dragaon soldiers- either those forced to serve, or those who have had enough of Roswell's madness -have joined us too. We have faced many challenges to get here, but it has been rewarded with those we have helped on the way." He explained, before turning to Hoshiko. "If you wish to know more about the lands outside Caelum generally, I imagine Hoshiko can do a far better job than I of that. After all, she came to Laguna Bay all the way from Yukihana. It's quite the long journey, I hear." He chuckled slightly at that, before pausing to think, looking at Saffron and then back to Hoshiko.

"There was in fact one other obstacle we faced on our journey, however. Something... different." He began, before looking over to Hoshiko, who had a closer witnessing of the whole conflict with Ignexus, and could no doubt provide a better account than he.

"Ah, so she's the one we've heard so... little about then." Meredith said nodding in Anna Clara's direction. She have reached out to shake her hand but she was too busy focusing on not losing her balance in these lady stilts. "Ya know Ecquis... ya haven't really told us much of that story. Ya seem to have a lot of tales but you rarely tell them." Ecquis was always a rather reserved one. He wasn't even that talkative when she interviewed him way back. She wasn't sure it was due to any nerves or shyness however. He just seemed to not divulge unless asked. She could respect that.

"Sooooooooo... tell us! Just dying ta know about your time in this... beautiful... wonderful... wonderful desert." she had to seemingly force out the last part.

trueEcquis.png

"Well not many people ask for my stories, so I don't tend to tell them. That's all," Ecquis remarks before chuckling at Meredith's last statement. "I'm half interested in what may happen on a trek to Yukihana with all the snow, but I don't mind the desert myself. Anywho, as for the story," Ecquis clears his throat before starting.

"After I had said my goodbyes in Yukihana, I ended up traveling to Caelum. The heat was something to get used to, but we managed. I'm not sure how close I was to any major towns, but I noticed some cart out in the desert. I had figured it was either an illusion, some abandoned cart, or just some object stuck in the sand. As it turns out, it was a merchant who's cart got stuck in the sand. The wyverns and I managed to dislodge it, and we ended up traveling together a bit to make sure any other snags didn't happen. And that's how I came to meet Anna Clara."

"And if he hadn't saved me that day I would have been vulture food!" 

XC3yB3x.png

"What a shame that would be am I right?" 

"Would you dearies like any food? It's all free, it's a party after all. Beatrice will be down soon, and she'll be thrilled to see you Anna Marie I'm sure. And you'll get to finally meet her Ecquis!"

"Pssssh, the cold l can handle. Besides flyboy, you don't actually have ta trudge through the sand, so ya get ta cut out half the struggle." Meredith teased the wyvern rider, playfully elbowing him in the side in addition. However, she was much better in cold then she was in heat. Besides, sand was a hassle to walk through bleeeeeh. Meredith never liked fighting in these sands, armour just wasn't suited to it.

"And thanks for the offer, but no thanks~ l'm having enough trouble staying on balance l don't need to add food into that mix yet. So, Clara..." a sly smile started to creep across her face. She nearly snickered to herself in disbelief of what she was about to ask. "Got any embarrassing stories about our dear wyvern loving friend here? l heard you traveled with him for a long while so, YA'VE got ta have something good in all that time. Good way ta pass the time too~"

ZL7mt8W.png

Hoshiko nodded solemnly. "We encountered something. . . dark. A village slaughtered save for a visiting merchant and a wayward band of Dragao soldiers, who we rescued; the dead were animated by some unholy magic." She shivered slightly as she recalled the sight and the stench, how one of the beasts had nearly brought her down.  "The one responsible was seemingly made of all flame, with a lizard's vile head instead of a man's. He claimed to be Ignexus, returned; after we dispatched the apparition, we went into the town's chapel and found corpses piled and bound together to form the shape of a dragon. There was a crystal inside marked with symbols of the Goddess that was reanimating the bodies; I destroyed the perverse thing personally." She looked at the Ignis directly after she finished, watching her for a reaction. She doubted the claim that she was truly the Goddess, but would wait until she heard her voice; she had heard it in her dreams, after all. 

SolFael.png

Both Sol'Fael and the Ignis raised an eyebrow. "I was with you until about the dead coming back to life. Animated corpses and flame lizard huh?" He looked excited before but now he simply looked disappointed. "And here I thought you had some true stories to tell." 

LuaMagi.png

"Fael, do you remember the reports from a few months back? From the borders with Yukihana."

SolFael.png

"Oh don't tell me you believe this story about corpses coming back to life to attack soldiers? Aren't you supposed to be the skeptic? 

LuaMagi.png

"Months ago, Caelum soldiers spotted shambling soldiers entering our deserts." Lua'Magi addressed the three guests ignoring her husband. "They came from Yukihana, some of them were missing limbs and were incredibly aggressive. Reports stated that even after being killed once they would come back over and over again. I interviewed those Caelum soldiers and I don't think they were lying, just like the look in your eyes now tells me that you aren't lying either." 

IgnisEfari.png

"Are you lying?" Ignis'Efari spoke for the first time, to the surprise of her two companions. "Yes I am disregarding tradition, but I am doing it to understand if this is a threat or not. If any of you are lying, you will confess right now." 

---

"Of course I do dear! There was this one time while Ecquis was sleeping that I tested a new product out on him, it was this new type of candy from a far off continent. So I put some on his mouth during the night to see if it was safe to eat, the next morning he was fine but his tongue was rainbow colored. All day everyone was laughing at him and he couldn't understand why, it was hilarious." 

trueEcquis.png

"Well that explains a lot. You also could have found a better way to test the candy than feeding it to me in my sleep, but I'm not too surprised honestly," Ecquis shrugs. "I'm just glad my work for that day didn't go awry because of that stunt. Not as bad as the time you were drunk when a major client came in to pick up an order. What was it you tried to give him instead of his order?" Ecquis asked in a teasing tone.

• Developers

"Ah, there were previous reports of this? That is worrying, I had hoped against all odds that this was a one off occurence..." The mage admitted, before shaking his head and frowning. "What Hoshiko says is true. Many of these shambling foes would indeed get back up after we struck them down. The only thing which seemed to be certain to keep them from getting back up was burning." He explained, solemnly. This may not have been what they came intending to discuss, but the chance of being believed warranted this discussion as, despite his hopes, he knew this could be very dangerous indeed. Rudimentry animation of a Wyvern as he had seen was one thing, but people? It was wrong.

"I gave him a box of wigs, he was an old balding man and I handed him a crate full of wigs." Anna Clara giggled at the happening as if it was nothing. "Although, after I apologised when I was sober he came back later and bought one of the wigs so I still made a profit! Let's go get some food though, even if you guys don't want some I'm starting to get hungry." Anna lead the group closer to the table of food and grabbed herself a slice of cake. "Oh right feel free to mingle with party guests! We've got some esteemed guests from all over the place! Like uuuh... This girl over here!" Anna grabbed a random girl near the food table.

---

IgnisEfari.png

The Ignis looked into Terrin's eyes and sighed. "Would you mind leaving? Thank you very much for all you've said now there is much for me and my spouses to discuss."

HYCzHYz.png

"We haven't gotten an answer though we still have a lot to discu-"

IgnisEfari.png

"I am sorry, but this meeting is over. We will send our answer to you after we've decided for now we must decide." The Ignis said sternly. On cue, guards opened the doors and escorted Terrin Saffron and Hoshiko out and the doors shut with a large 'clang' leaving the three in silence and confusion. 

trueEcquis.png

"I'm not sure grabbing the first person around is the best idea all things considered," Ecquis tells Clara before turning to the woman who got dragged into this. "I'm sorry about my friend, she likely only wanted us to socialize with the others here...even if her methods were questionable to a degree. My name is Ecquis, who might you be?"

"You... keep some interesting company Ecquis." Meredith laughed after Clara's display. She supposed she was a lot like her sister Anna Marie even if she would probably never admit it. Quite the strange folks they were. She felt bad for the girl, just minding her business and grabbed out of nowhere. Parties... what a thing. Meredith wasn't much interested in the whole social aspect and it was easily started to get crowded over here. She was going to find some peace and quiet.

"Anyway, l'll get out of your hair. Need ta grab some fresh air. Hmmm, and maybe some punch..." she said before heading off. She bowed towards Ecquis for... some reason... and then headed off to said punch bowl. 

Maya had remained silent through the whole conversation. She'd tried to give the benefit of the doubt to Anna's kin, convince herself they couldn't all be quite as.... well... it was difficult to ascertain the precise words. Eccentric? Yes, very much so... Sociopathic? Hmmmm.... there were hints of it, here and there... such as when Anna had caved in that man's skull over one remark, yes... Greedy, Selfish, short-sighted, and somewhat irresponsible? yes, all of those too... Petty? Oh most definitely, the passive aggressive cat fight just now cemented that. By the end of the introductions and the stories, it was just about all Maya could do to simply smile and nod whenever she was directly mentioned. She simply began to tune things out, once Anna Clara grabbed some poor girl from one of the tables.

To think, she'd been worried. Well, she'd been right too. But not about whatever past ecquis and the other Anna might've had, but the fact that, as far as she could see, there was a nigh carbon copy of Anna running around on this earth, and apparently, there were several more clones as well, somewhere. She pondered whether or not the remaining sisters of their clan shared their same.... she would be nice and call them 'Quirks'. Just as much as she tried to ponder the probability of one woman giving birth to several daughters who looked as similar as Anna Marie and Anna Clara did to each other.

1JNwsXb.png

Astronomical, I'm sure....

Buv5Stx.png

You should really lighten up you know? It is a party, afterall. Didn't you say we were gonna celebrate that cloudy bitch's death?

1JNwsXb.png

A bit hard to celebrate when you're dead, don't you think? she chuckled, at what, was anyone's guess But fine, I guess you have a point...