Fire Emblem On The Forums: Ashes (IC)

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• Developers

"If it's all the same to you then, I'll stay. Hoshiko is surprisingly good company. Anyway, what sort of a knight lets his allies stay in a foul mood?" He asked, before chuckling at himself. He'd been a mage for a while now, but old habits died hard, apparently. "I'm sure our red friend over there would love to help out too." He added, looking back at the wyvern. He seemed to grimace somewhat as he recalled a memory while he looked at him, but shook his head briefly as he regained focus, smiling once more at the wyvern and then Meredith.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sven gives a small roar of agreement to Terrin's statement, while also positioning himself besides Meredith. He also lifts his head up slightly, wanting Meredith to scratch under his chin a bit more.

jN80Jl6.png

"Knight? Last time I checked Knights didn't call thunder from the sky. Unless Caelum has got some... very interesting knights. I don't recall seeing any of the sort though in my days as a Dragao soldier." She said, a small jab. She continued to scratch underneath the wyvern's chin with her unoccupied hand. It was certainly strange coming from Terrin, Knight. Certainly an interesting slip.

• Developers

"Old habits. I trained as a Knight before my aptitude for magic was discovered. Have a few years of that training under my belt, I try to use what I learnt in battle, it's amazing the difference a Knight's stance can make." He mused, before laughing. "Anyway, did you just think mages have to go through strength training in Caelum or something?" He smirked, jokingly flexing his arms. "Y'know, you are far more gallant and handsome than the last red wyvern I met." Terrin added to Sven before turning back to Meredith, unsure just how much of the compliment Sven would understand.

Sven made a sort of grin in response to Terrin's compliment, and spread his ruby-colored wings wide in an attempt to show off, making sure not to hit anyone around him. While boastful at times, Sven was still mindful of the people around him.

jN80Jl6.png

"Ah, no wonder you can't hit the broad side of a barn. Still unlearning old tendencies.~" Meredith laughed herself alongside the playful jab. "You should be glad though, if you ended up on the front lines you might've had to fight me. I'm no slouch either so... you'd have to really try to keep up with myself. Luckily, that's not the world we are living in, we find ourselves as allies rather than enemies. Strange how the fate ends up weaving itself."

jtJGWu5.png

"I don't see why you have to apologize, Serene. The faster our damsel in distress could be saved, the better," she joked, referring to Radburn. Rosalvya let out a small laugh, as she lay witness to Radburn's bravado. "Though I'm afraid I'm in agreement with Serene. The defeat of one opponent is not worth the loss of your weapon."

It was a wonder how this man had survived for this long with that mindset of his.

"Though, if I might ask, what made the both of you decide to join us?" she asked with concern. She wasn't sure if Meredith had explained the true nature of their group to the newcomers, and what they were getting themselves into. "Our journey will be nothing short of dangerous."

Edited by Stalkerkain

09fc10ebb1194d0eafb70915a3afd064.png

“’Girly’? Why does he think that? Do I look girly to you?” Luka tossed aside his long hair back over his small shoulder, his blouse shifting slightly as he spoke in his rather high pitched voice.

“But, if he thinks well of me...” Luka jumped onto Grumpy’s back, trying his best not to hurt the pegasus. Luka waited to see how the graceful creature would react.

ZkfNcZm.png

"Good, good...Now then..."

8AgQv2c.png

"Oh, klaren!" She called as she walked over to the monk, feigning as if she'd been looking for him the whole time. The sudden change in her demeanor wouldn't have left the fool none the wiser, karmic machinations lurking just beneath the surface of that paper smile,"There you are. Look, we need to talk about... what happened today. I'm sure you recall what I'm talking about..."

HYCzHYz.png

"Well..." She wanted to point out the obvious, but after a long "Uuuuuhm" she decided not to say anything. Grumpy was not pleased with Luka in the slightest. As Luka jumped on his back the pegasus was about to kick up to knock him off. Saffron reacted faster and grabbed his neck in an attempt to ease the creature. "Down boy, down! Easy!" The pegasus calmed and settled down. Saffron sighed. "You'll have to warn me next time you want to do that, Grumpy doesn't like riders very much either. You have to climb up on him slowly."

7X7SfVx.png

"The point is to look coooOWCH!" He shouted out in pain but did his best to keep his position. "That didn't hurt at all." He lied, his face contorting in pain. After it didn't hurt as much, Radburn responded. "I need to face danger so that I'll become stronger. It's the only way."

9uFdHke.png

Serene grinned at Rosalyva's question and drily recited the description she had been given back in the army.

"Aye, a band of filthy godless rebels, led by a traitor princess, who do not understand the great benevolence of our king and wish to raze our cities to the ground. Pretty much every soldier's heard of you people."

Serene chuckled at the unrestrained embellishment of propaganda, before continuing.

"Reasonably sure that's not an accurate description at all, but hey. That's how propaganda works. Of course, if you do happen to raze something to the ground, do let me in on it."

Serene laughed at her own joke, before clearing her throat as she considered the possibility that she might be the only one finding it funny.

"Anyway, I'm here since I'm now a wanted woman with a bounty on my head for setting my camp on fire and deserting. Bit extreme, yeah? I didn't even kill anyone in the fire; made sure to pass the CO false orders to march the entire battalion southward. In any case, I figured, if this rebellion thing does work out, I would be in a good position to get the bounty cancelled and my criminal status revoked if I helped them win, yes? Plus I'd get to use actual Fire magic rather than boring Thunder all day. A win-win!"

09fc10ebb1194d0eafb70915a3afd064.png

Luka stepped off of Grumpy, taking care not to harm the pegasus. “Sorry about that.” Luka scratched the back of his head, slightly embarrassed for having disturbed Saffron’s pegasus. “I’ll try to be more careful next time.” Luka looked at Grumpy. “Or maybe your pegasus will be a bit nicer then, instead.” Luka put a smile on his face, making sure Saffron could hear the barely serious tone in his voice.

Luka_Happy.png

“Maybe someday, though.” Luka brushed his hand through the pegasus’s mane. “I’ll get to ride a pretty pegasus like you.”

"Miss Maya-! W-what a lovely surprise!" Klaren quickly put away his journal and turned when he heard the nun's familiar voice. He wasn't nearly ready to talk to her about that right now!

klarenhotwsmile_by_ninjacyndaquil-daita9

"U-uhm... You mean like, about how I thanked you for patching me up~?" He tried to ask lightheartedly in response. Part of him was still glad Mayanna was being so kind all of a sudden...

HYCzHYz.png

"Sorry, he took a bit long to warm up to me as well." She scratched the back of her head, and pat Grumpy. The pegasus just snorted and looked away from both of them. "Before you can even ride a Pegasus you need to learn a lot of other things. Can you ride a horse? How's your balance? What about your breathing? Pegasus riding is very dangerous since in general we don't use harnesses. I spent a long time as a little girl practicing the basics of riding before I could ride a real pegasus."

Her face darkened nigh instantly, that same harrowing glare she'd given him multiple times during the battle returning now.

UOKInGw.png

"Ah yes, that. You do remember..." She began, "good...yes, about that, well there was only so much I could say at the time, given the... situation around us. But I don't see any risen dead, and there aren't any demons of flame around claiming to be dragons..." She took a few steps closer to the monk, almost menacing as her staff burned with ominous light... one that looked far from inclined to heal any sort of wound.

ZkfNcZm.png

No one is on the verge of death now; there are no emergencies to distract me from giving the proper reprimand I should've. This is as good a time as any for us to... readdress the issue. But this time, I've asked a certain....friend to help me explain just why I take issue with you."

The whistle was shrill and loud, carrying through the air like a knife through butter right to where Ecquis and Morgan waited- as it should, the thing had been practiced hundreds if not a thousand times to trigger ambushes on pompous little nobles and their entourage -as Maya moved a good few feet to the side and opened a clear path for the beast to charge.

"You've done nothing but give me grief, monk... even when I thought I had been quick to judge you, just minutes later, you turned right around and prove me wrong. Well it's about time to change all that!"

b51ee9607ffc4e129946ca824722a8ed.png

Hearing the whistle, Ecquis turned to Morgan only to see her start flying off. Ecquis figured that he wouldn't be needed to help aid the signal, especially considering how fond of Maya Morgan was.

"Well then, time to see how this goes," Ecquis whispered to himself before taking a better position.

Morgan, having heard the whistle, went flying towards where Maya and Klaren were. Morgan immediately dove towards Klaren, roaring loud enough for him to notice in the process. She did however make sure not to hit him, just make him back up a little bit. Once the dive was completed, she went back around and situated herself in between Maya and Klaren, ending the first pass with a second roar, but also poised to make another strike at the monk.

Edited by Zetaark

ZL7mt8W.png

Sven's arrival obviously made Hoshiko uncomfortable, and she visibly shied away when he spread his wings. "I'm fine, really; you need to stop worrying about me! Heroes don't need people to worry about them, that's the opposite of why they exist." Even if you're a terrible hero that never does anything actually heroic and just runs around the battle and yells without being useful. . . She did her best to put on a confident face, but the presence of all the people - not to mention the monstrous flying lizard - was starting to become too much for the girl.

jN80Jl6.png

Meredith feared such a reaction. Hoshiko, wasn't as good at hiding things as she probably thought she was. Meredith could feel the discomfort in her voice. It was probably just from the sheer number of people that were around at the moment... and well the wyvern. She did appreciate the help but it was clear in this scenario back up wasn't all that good and probably made it worse. She leaned in to Terrin quickly and whispered into his ear.

"Hey, so... as a note Hoshiko actually doesn't like being around a lot of people. That's why I said so earlier. I think it'd still be a bit unnerving for her regardless, if red beauty here didn't follow me over. So, I'mma going to give you an excuse to leave so I can handle this. Act natural.~"

"So, since you've taken such a shining to Red here, how about you take him back to his master? Sure Ecquis is wondering where he could be by now. It'd be very helpful of ya Terrin."

Meredith didn't really even wait for him to do so, she just assumed he would leaving him and the wyvern gawking at each other. She walked over to Hoshiko, minding her presence as much as she could. She tried to keep a calm and steady demeanor. One that wouldn't scare the little hot shot. She just sat wordlessly next to her.

Sven looked towards Meredith as she walked off, preferring her a bit over the mage she left him with. Sven noticed that the archer girl did become slightly uncomfortable, but he still wanted to have Meredith pet her a bit more. Regardless, Sven made a quizzical look on his face as he looked to Terrin, wondering what the mage would decide to do.

"M-miss Maya..? Is something wrong..?" Klaren began backing away from the nun when her expression changed. Raising his hands and waving the open palms around, Klaren continued. "M-miss Maya, what're you talking about? I-I didn't mean anything wrong, I'm sorry, I'm- whaaa-?"

His voice was lost to the wyvern's relentless roaring and he fell back in shock as the creature jumped up in between him and Mayanna. Looking up at it, Klaren wasn't really sure what to think of the situation. *s-sniff* For a moment, all went silent as Klaren seemed to be in shock. But then... A booger flew from his nostril as the monk started laughing. "Haha, you're one of Q's q-tie wyverns, aren't you~?" He asked playfully, apparently unfazed by the critter's roars. He got up and dusted himself off, pulling out a journal. "Miss Maya, did you tell her to come here? Wow, you remembered how happy I was when I looked at them last time! That's so nice of you! I thought you were gonna do something really scary to me. You looked like, really angry. But now I know you understood that I only did that to tell you how grateful I was~! In fact, I could do it right now again because you brought me this lovely little thing to observe!"

klarenhotwsmile_by_ninjacyndaquil-daita9

"...but I won't~~~" He added after recalling Mayanna's scary healing...

UOKInGw.png

Her left eye...twitched. For just the slightest of moments as she looked at the man's reaction. She gripped her staff even tighter though, as she walked right past Morgan towards the monk. "...nevermind girl..." She whispered as she passed the beast "I thought this was sure to work... but apparently his mind works unlike any other person I've ever seen. Sorry to waste your time like this... I'll handle it myself from here."

"You think I brought her over here for your viewing pleasure, you fool?" the Sister snarled as the light on her staff intensified to an almost blinding glow, actually bearing her teeth at someone for the first time in a long time. "No... I brought her here because I don't know what else to do with you at this point. Trying to ignore you doesn't work because you're constantly getting close to death with your antics, trying to talk to you like a sensible human being won't work because regardless what I say, you don't seem to comprehend things like a normal person would, and you just turn right around and do something else that irks me to no end anyway. I brought morgan here because I needed something to put some fear in you... scare you straight once and for all... but apparently not even a Wyvern is enough..."

The light began to flare to life from the orb topping her staff, a harrowing storm of swirling radiance beginning to surge through the air, filling it with ominous tension the likes of which surpassed even the presence of the undead from earlier, and the same crushing weight Klaren had felt just hours before returning in full force and then some as she stalked closer... a glint in her eye.

"Ah, you're a very pretty girl, yes you are~" Klaren began slowly circling around the wyvern, taking notes every once in a while. When he saw Mayanna move closer to the wyvern and tell her something, he smiled. "Aww, you two are such good friends~ I envy you..." He finished the sentence with a peppy giggle to balance out the gloom, if there even was any. One could never be sure when Klaren was in question.

But then... when Mayanna shifted her attention to him and he started feeling the same pressure from before return... it was like he was back at the scene with her scolding him... Only somehow even worse... "N-no, I didn't mean like that, miss Maya... The wyvern and all-" His voice was now lost to Mayanna's as he felt overshadowed by the light of her staff coupled with the sharp gaze in her eyes. As he backed away, he dropped his open journal and pen, only to accidentally step on it a moment later, falling down again as he felt the pages rip against the hard soil together with his naive facade. As Mayanna continued, the monk's eyes suddenly filled with tears and he quickly raised an arm to wipe the droplets running down his cheeks with his robe's sleeve, watching what remained of his journal last couple of pages, including the ones he'd been making for Hoshiko...

klarenncry_by_ninjacyndaquil-dakc0vt.png

He could only look up at the nun for a moment, because he felt as if his heart would be weighed down even more by the way her eyes drove daggers through his skin, but even more so because of fear his mind would fill with anger and resentment at her for how she treated him... The same as everyone else always did... So as soon as he gave her a short pleading glance, Klaren returned to sobbing down into his robes, meekly picking the torn pages up from the ground and holding them to his chest. *sniff...* "I-I-I-I'm..." *sniff...* He could barely mutter out a word how he was now. And he'd thought he might've found a place to be... But if Mayanna thought of him like that...then the others could only think even worse of him... Terrin's words would be just false pretenses... Lies... Because there would be no chance for anyone to ever... "Uwww..." *sniff*

Ecquis by this point had been watching the entire scene, and had decided to step in. He didn't quite expect what he saw really, with Maya hurting Klaren through...healing magic? Ecquis wasn't sure how something like that even worked, nor how it would affect someone. At any rate, Ecquis didn't want to let this go on for too much longer. He personally didn't have anything against Klaren, even if he did have odd tendencies. With that, he decided to go up and make his presence known.

"Alright then Maya. I think that Klaren has had enough," Ecquis said, walking towards the pair. "I think you should explain to Klaren exactly what's troubling you, don't you think?"

Edited by Zetaark

c7f91Qj.png

"I...what?" She stopped in her tracks as the fool started bawling. The light faltered alongside her wrath, beginning to recede as starred down at the monk... this had been what she'd wanted, honestly. But yet.. it felt nowhere near as satisfying as she thought. Why? He was literally on the ground begging, it'd been exactly as she intended when she'd enlisted Morgan's aid...and yet...why did she feel so hollow?

L56xzJF.png

"Because you misunderstand how your father did things," The voice was quiet, subtle in her ears. She turned to look, only to find nothing... just like with Freyl's. Still, it continued "he was feared only because his actions and character so easily struck terror into the hearts of the wicked... not because he sought to actively make people tremble before him. You've done the exact opposite of what you were hoping here, my child. If he saw you acting like this now, abusing the power of that staff he made you himself to torment some child, there would be no end to the shame he'd feel..."

diBQwib.png

"I..." The words...they stung worse than the hottest fire, especially coming from her. But she knew them to be true in her heart, nonetheless. There was nothing noble or right about what she'd done here, "I...I'm sorry....Klaren." The lights and the oppressive tension faded almost instantly. She kneeled and picked up the fallen journal and a few of it's pages as the man (or boy...honestly, Maya had never been entirely sure to begin with, and this scene certainly didn't befit the former...) continued his weeping, dusting off the dirt... "with...everything that's happened today, the dead men walking, that fire demon and the things he did to those villagers and the soldiers garrisoned there, I guess... I let my rage get the better of me, and ended up taking it all out on you even though you were only a small part of it in the end... please, forgive me..."

Just then, she heard his footsteps drawing closer.

"Alright then Maya. I think that Klaren has had enough. I think you should explain to Klaren exactly what's troubling you, don't you think?"

88dOLAF.png

"Aye...this has indeed gone far enough. Too far infact... I see that now." She only spared a passing glance at the man before turning back to the monk... she just hoped she hadn't pushed him so far as to leave him unable to speak "Klaren...how old are you, by chance?"

Saffron.png

“Can you ride a horse?”

Luka_New.png

“Never tried.”

Saffron.png

“How’s your balance?”

Luka_Expression_Sarcastic_or_Really.png

“Do you see how many times I spin around on the battlefield?”

Saffron.png

“What about your breathing?”

Luka_Expression_Miffed.png

Luka took in a deep breath, exhaling it out soon after.

Luka let out a sigh. “Certainly a lot more difficult than it looks, huh? Pegasus riders make it look so easy.” Luka looked towards Grumpy, crouching down to look at him in the face. “Well, it’s no rush, I guess. Unless I can learn to dance on a pegasus. Whaddya say, Grumpy? Up for doing a performance someday?”