Fire Emblem On The Forums: Ashes (OOC/Recruitment)

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Remember how Terrin and his new best bud Klaren were gonna have a chat before the chapter started?

Boom, spoiler'd for length.

klarennotsmiling2_by_ninjacyndaquil-dakn

"Friend..." Klaren kept looking away from Terrin. He didn't sit down. "I am your friend, but you aren't mine...nobody here really is... Like I have a father, but my father doesn't have a son anymore..."

0c611388f4a844dd9358eaf6fc40e759.png
"What sort of a guy would call you friend if he wasn't your friend?" T​errin asked, before shaking his head and sighing. "If you don't mind me being a little longwinded, how about I tell you what I think of you, hmm? You gotta sit down though, I insist."

"..."

Klaren sat by Terrin quietly, face dug into his knees as he held his legs together.

"When I first met you..." Terrin paused, trying to consider how gently he should phrase this. He decided honesty was best before continuing. "I didn't like you much at all. I'd never gotten along with monks and nuns at the best of times, and I thought you were like my youngest brother, who is... Not a great man." Terrin just sighed, wringing his hands a little. "Remember I mentioned I used to know someone obsessed with death and all that? That would be Lindl. I judged you quickly after seeing a few interactions, and decided there was no hope we could ever get along and so I tried to avoid you." After a brief pause, Terrin looked up at the monk with a smile.

"I was wrong. Lindl is a bad man, but you? You're so very far from that. I think, and I say this honestly, that you're a good man, Klaren. A very good man indeed."

"..!" Finally, Klaren reluctantly raised his head to face Terrin. So that was what the mage meant last time... Still though...

"But if what I'm doing isn't bad...how come nobody- I mean...almost nobody likes me? Ever..."

Sven, in an attempt to console the sad monk, went over to Klaren and laid besides him. The wyvern had yet to interact with the monk, but he still didn't want to see a sad face.

"You're very different." He admitted. "It's one of the reasons I was wary of you at first. Perhaps other people haven't realised what a nice person you are, like I have. And hey, Big Red here seems to agree with me, don't you?" Terrin laughed a little as he glanced at Sven. "Lindl has his own wyvern, just like Big Red. I mean, his is bigger and meaner and redder but... Nowhere near as handsome and gallant looking." Terrin decided to add, knowing the wyvern seemed to like compliments. "Plus Lindl's is slightly less... alive. But I suppose that's neither here nor there, I feel like I've gone off on a tangent." The mage murmured, before regaining his focus.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened? Or should I just carry on telling you how great you are?" He joked.

Klaren noticed the wyvern only as it laid beside him. He glanced at it in confusion, holding back an urge to flash a smile as his hand proceeded to gently run across its back scales.
"B-b-but I always try to be friendly-!" Klaren suddenly burst. Not angrily, but he certainly did raise his voice for a moment, only to lower it again in the end. "I-I mean...I'm sorry... I just wanna be friends with everyone...but people always just see me and they think I'm bad...you...too... I'm a rotten apple that rolled too far from the tree... Mis- Mayanna got angry at me... She said some things...and I agreed with them...but it still made me sad..."

"I'm sure she just snapped and regretted saying what she did." Terrin frowned a bit. If he had to, he had no problem having some harsh words with Maya, Klaren was the general exception to his dislike of clergy, so far. "Y'know, it does make me sad to see my friends sad." He added, with an exaggerated pout.

"Even if she regretted saying it...it doesn't make it any less true..." Klaren recalled the way Mayanna had tried to help him pick the journal up, but he didn't want her help... Honestly, he still would have probably pushed her away at that moment even if he'd been calmer...after what happened...because he didn't want to ever be a bother and her words were how she really felt... Peoply always told the truth when they were angry... But Klaren never got angry. Maybe he was the biggest liar of them all...

The monk kept gliding his hand across the wyvern's back. It itched, however. His wrist. And the cuts upon it. They were aching to be reopened so that he let his doubts just flow out... "I-it'll make me sad if you get sad..."

"Well I don't wanna be sad, and I certainly don't want you to be sad either." Terrin sighed, before perking up a little. "Even if what she said is true, y'know, I think she just hasn't yet realised how nice you are. Even if me and Big Red are the ones that know that now, everyone will in due time." He folded his arms as he said this, watching Klaren gently pet the wyvern, hoping he could at least partly put the monk's mind at ease.

"I-I'll think about it, then-" Klaren said, with a bit more resolution in his voice now. Terrin's words gave him some sense of firmness, even if it was bare and ethereal. Now he needed some time alone to think things through. Reach some conclusions on his own. About what to do and how to act from now on. And i-if his friendship with Terring was truly real, then maybe...maybe it meant the opposite of what he thought after the event with Mayanna. Maybe it meant anyone could like him, if Terrin could, and Terrin seemed to have some sort of grudge about something, even if he was only barely letting anyone in on it...

So Klaren stood up, giving the wyvern one last pat before bowing down to Terrin silently and turning away towards his tent.

Terrin sighed. He wasn't sure if it had worked, but he had just been honest with Klaren, and hoped he had made him feel better. He glanced over at Sven. "Hey Big Red, how 'bout we find Ecquis for you?" He asked, before getting up and beginning to look around.

b51ee9607ffc4e129946ca824722a8ed.png

Having gone back to the camp, Ecquis noticed that Sven still hadn't come back. He figured that he didn't go very far, but he still needed to go look. Though it only took a few glances around to find Sven around with Terrin.

"Oh, so this is where Sven ran off to. I trust the two of you managed things ok?" Ecquis asked, slightly surprised to see Terrin with Sven, but still glad to see the red wyvern.

"Sven?" Terrin asked, before realising. "Oh, right, you mean Big Red over here." He laughed a little bit. "Yeah, he's a friendly thing. Especially if you compliment him." The mage smirked, before scratching under the wyvern's chin once more.

"Sven was one of the friendlier of the group really. Ziona and Cynthia on the other hand, they aren't as friendly with others," Ecquis remarked, noting how those two tended to avoid other people if possible.

"Still, you seem to be quite comfortable around wyverns. Were you around any during your life at any point?" Ecquis asked, knowing that most of the people who first see a wyvern in Dragao are usually more terrified than anything else.

Terrin sighed. "Wish I could say you were wrong but... My little brother had a wyvern." He paused a bit, but shrugged. "If you can call that beast Mortis a wyvern. Bigger than Sven, a bloody crimson colour, vicious and brutal beast." Terrin folded his arms, before adding the crucial detail. "Oh, and dead. Very dead."

"Dead you say? If I may ask, what happened?" Ecquis decided to ask. He had no way of knowing if he would tell him, seeing as how this was the first conversation the two had, but there was no harm in trying .

"Me and Lindl found a rider and his wyvern- I didn't recognise the armour -in a field, full of arrows one day. Next thing I know, the following day, Lindl had a wyvern. It wasn't until I noticed the scars, the maggots, and the fact that all the arrows were still there, that I realised it was the same beast."Terrin looked down at the floor, just sighing.

"Oh...necromancy eh? I'll be honest, I haven't seen much of it, but I have heard some things about it, though most of that information was just tidbits I heard from various merchants back in Caelum," Ecquis remarked. He wasn't sure what sort of person used necromancy on wyverns, but Terrin's brother either was someone who knew necromancy himself or knew people who were capable of it.

"No clue how he did it. He'd always been interested in dark magic, but I never knew he was THAT good. He'd always been more handy with an axe..."Terrin shook his head and shrugged once more. "Goddess knows where he is now. About a week after he 'acquired' Mortis, he stole one of my father's axes and just flew away. Wherever he is, I doubt he's doing anything... Moral. Scariest kid you've ever met, I tell you. Just wish I could have gotten through to him."

"He sounds like the kind of guy my brother would like. Maybe those two ran into each other at some point. I wouldn't know, I haven't spoken to my actual family in almost a decade," Ecquis said, with what seemed like a hint of sadness in his voice.

"At least going to Caelum I'll be able to see Clara again. She's the closest thing to an older sister I've had, and part of the reason I ended up doing well in Caelum," Ecquis remarked, hopeful to see her again once they arrive at their destination.

"I mean, I suppose at least Lindl didn't actively despise me like he did my other siblings but..." Terrin shrugged. "I take it your brother is hardly the nicest egg in the nest either?" He asked, before smiling at Ecquis latter comment. "I'm certainly hoping I get to see old man Deth, or my mother. But in the same vein, there are a few siblings I'd rather avoid once back in Caelum." He admitted.

"I can't say I won't mind meeting any of the people I knew in Caelum really. Clara was always around for me when I needed it. Though if we are able to go around enough, perhaps I can thank Aisha for everything she did for me. We didn't talk too much, but she did help me get some equipment before I left and she always payed well for my services whenever needed, so I feel that thanking her for that now wouldn't be so bad," Ecquis said fondly, recalling Aisha and his meetings with her.

"Did you say...?" Terrin narrowed his eyes for a bit, and then shrugged. "Huh. Small world. Although I shouldn't be surprised, you no doubt worked with SOME big merchants, would make sense she was one of them." Terrin remarked, amused by the coincidence.

"Hmm? Do you know Aisha as well by any chance?" Ecquis asked, somewhat interested in his relation to her.

"I'd sure hope I know her. I'd be a terrible son otherwise." Terrin remarked with a smirk.

"Well then, it really is a small world," Ecquis remarked, rather amused that Aisha was the mother of Terrin. "Still, it's sort of strange for me to consider that I've worked with the mother of one of the people here, especially someone who may be around my age," Ecquis commented.

"Your age?" Terrin asked with raised eyebrows. "Unless you've got a pretty severe case of babyface, I just assumed I had a few years on you." He admitted.

"You probably do, but maybe not as many as you think. Though, my family does have a tendency to look much younger than they actually are so there is that. Then again, my idea of around my age is probably a bit skewed considering my company up until now. Before I came here, most of the people I was in contact with were at least a decade or two older than me, so a few years isn't something I see as much of an age gap personally," Ecquis remarked. Up until he had joined this unit, he had never interacted with people who were particularly close to his age.

"I suppose you're right. Well, if we see my mother in Caelum, I'm sure she'll be glad to see the two of us fighting under the same banner, eh?" He asked with a chuckle, Terrin was used to being around his siblings, which was such a wide array of ages, that it didn't much bother him either way. Everyone in the Children was competent and wanted to fight the good fight, which was what mattered to him. "Especially for a good cause like this one."

"I suppose so. Anyways, now that Sven is back I think I'll get some rest myself. Today has been...quite a long day for me," Ecquis said, recalling all of today's events. "I'll be seeing you later then," Ecquis remarked before taking Sven and going back to where the other wyverns were.

You can actually edit that into the initial post as well, provided it doesn't break character limit.

Also get Klaren to get the colors for his part. He doesn't use default purples so...

Edited by Zetaark

I don't mind the banter at all, go ahead and bant all you want. Expect my post to come out tomorrow and sorry for the delay! I've spent friday and today at events, networking and showing of video games and make proposals and shit of the sort. Even won a Pokken Tournament! Feels good yo.

Post tomorrow for sure <3

Doesn't Warding magic up my defenses per every hit I land~? Or maybe I misunderstood either the post or the rulebook.

You are correct! I thought it was every time you got hit, but the "Weapon Subcategories" chapter explains it. Let me go fix the post.

EDIT: Okay, no one had even taken damage on the player/allied side. Everything is okay now!

These bastards pressure my tome uses...they're really not making me like Pegasi any better than I did before, lol

So I wanna not be around them. My poor dear lovely Warding tomes doesn't wanna get burnt up too soon. </3

Longbow has 6 might iirc. That doubled with your STR at 8 is 20 damage I believe.

Oh, you have 9 strength, so it would be 21 damage before defense gets put in.

Edited by Zetaark