Week 8 Matchups - Super Single STAB Spectacular

Deleted User

Mmm I'd only been thinking about geomancy from the perspective of Gaia. I'm sure there are plenty of fairies in higher tiers that can abuse geomancy for the other nations. Stored power Gardevoir comes immediately to mind.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get the Dark Void ban and not the Spore tbh! STABmons is only singles, so Spore is definately better than Dark Void.

Also Smogon tier bans are made base on THEIR metagame, pokenations is a copletetly other thing! I'm not saying that an unban is needed for sure, but lets be honest here Gaia's pokemons are all hurt the most from these rules (again I'm not saying that we have no chance to win this week due to restrictions, but almost every week we get restricted to our already low in quantity fairy types!)

Edited by pyrromanis

if a mon has 2 types can i use just one Stab move?

The only limitation, so far as I read, is that they can only have one STAB per type. If you only want to utilize one of those two STABs, then so long as that's the only STAB of that type, it should be fine.

I really don't get the Dark Void ban and not the Spore tbh! STABmons is only singles, so Spore is definately better than Dark Void.

Also Smogon tier bans are made base on THEIR metagame, pokenations is a copletetly other thing! I'm not saying that an unban is needed for sure, but lets be honest here Gaia's pokemons are all hurt the most from these rules (again I'm not saying that we have no chance to win this week due to restrictions, but almost every week we get restricted to our already low in quantity fairy types!

Firstly, Jeri is choosing to borrow their tier (ie. STABmons), which means he's also borrowing their base rules (eg. banlists) as well. Ignoring some of those (eg. unbanning) means we aren't playing in that tier at all, while imposing more just defines his challenge (eg. one STAB move per mon per type, UU/RU, etc)

Unless I miscounted, Vulcan has 74 OU-PU to Gaia's 102 (excluding same-tier formes, megas). Additionally, you have near-identical tier-by-tier quantities (Gaia less one in RU) until NU/PU, where Gaia overtakes Vulcan by far.

Now, I'm not exactly the most active in these threads, but I don't really ever hear Vulcan complaining about having a low amount of pokemon to choose from.

EDIT: Case and point on Fairy + rare types: http://prntscr.com/butc04

Edited by Cobalt996

I learned this by playing balanced hackmons, where the more you ascend in the ladder the less Spores and more Dark Voids you see. The thing is that even if Spore has 100% accuracy, it doesn't affect Grass types or pokemon holding Safety Goggles, while Dark Void can put any pokemon asleep, so that rule makes sense in a metagame where you can play any pokemon. However, taking into account the teambuilding limitations of this week, where Amazon has a free access to any grass type while other nations don't, I think banning Spore could be a reasonable idea.

Good game man. I should have brought that Mamo. Also screw these insane speed tiers by megas like Bee, Scep and mostly Aero. These things are just stupidly fast. Jollymax DD Gyara at +1 is slower than M-Aero.

I expected more fightspam

Unfortunately I've had some rather pressing issues pop up this week, and I'll have to be subbed out.

Blame my job. And random QA inspection. And being boss while the head is sick. Fun times! :D

Eh, the errors were made on my part :P

Roserade might have a better chance at KOing the Gyarados. (It's scarfed)

I replaced Mega Abomasnow with Mega Absol in the last second because I realize how it's not exactly good at its job, even under Trick Room.

I kept the Trick Room Haunter because chances are Amazon's Pokemon will outspeed my Pokemon that ran Speed EVs (Major offender being Aerodactyl, Whimsicott and Mega Sceptile). It's also excellent as an emergency shutdown against powerful and fast threats.

Another thing is that I didn't realize how running HP Fire will cost me 1 Speed IV, making me outsped by Lucario.

Edited by IntSys

I kept the Trick Room Haunter because chances are Amazon's Pokemon will outspeed my Pokemon that ran Speed EVs (Major offender being Aerodactyl, Whimsicott and Mega Sceptile). It's also excellent as an emergency shutdown against powerful and fast threats.

*squints at Pyrr*

I ended up winning in my match against Honchy

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/reborn-stabmons-64206

The ending was a bit hax-y, and if he had hit that last Head Smash, he would have destroyed the Kyurem. Alas, this is the game we play. Good game and I'm sorry it took so long into the week to get our match.