Quick Question:

Would there still be evolutionary items? I would assume so since they are bought, usually with BP, in-game. Also, would a pokemon need said item to evolve in this RP or no?

Edit:

Let me add, how would one go about obtaining an evolutionary item in this RP?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things like Shiny Stone and such? Yes.

Things that involve trade though, have been axed and instead changed to simple level up. This is because, Steelix creates a logical fallacy in this tradition given the fact that it already will naturally evolve into a Onix without human intervention if left alone long enough. And yes, I can see an argument about how the trade with Metal Coat might simply speed up a process that would take many years to just seconds, but still... it's a big hassle and I never really liked trade evolutions that much because it's just a marketing technique to give a reason for there to be two versions of games that are, honestly, largely the same in content and plot.

So yeah... Stone based evolutions and such are a thing, but Trade/ held item ones aren't

So it has been forever since I have actually done anything RP related, so bear with me and this thing

Name: Sansa
Species: Tranquill
Ability: Super Luck
Level: 23
Starting Moveset: Secret Power, Wish, Lucky Chant, Air Cutter
Appearance: Sansa is a tad smaller than other Tranquill, with a smaller height and a slimmer breast. Her wings are however full size, causing her to look (and be) somewhat disproportionate. Her eye markings are a slightly brighter red than most due to her heritage.
Personality: Despite her small size, Sansa is rowdy. She is used to having things go her way (most of the time) and expects for others to know that and follow suite. It isn't that she thinks she is better than other Pokemon, that is just the way it has always been for her. She does care for those who she is close to however, but nobody like that really exists anymore, since her father isn't here anymore and she never really made very many long-lasting friends due to her always being on the move, and as such she seems standoffish and rude to those unfamiliar with her.
Personal History: She was born to an Unfezant mother and a Xatu father, both of whom had belonged to a trainer who had been considered a 'Bird Keeper'; or at least that is what her father told her. When the crisis that drove the humans to extinction began, Sansa's egg had just been given to her parents trainer. The Bird Keeper called out for Sansa's mother to defend them, but the beasts were able to defeat both her mother and the trainer; and just before they fell her father used his psychic powers to take Sansa's egg and fly away. When Sansa hatched her father did everything he could to keep her safe, making sure they were always on the move so that they would stay that way.
However one day Sansa's father came to her with a grievous look on his face. He told her that he had seen into the future and that she must go to a place called Sky Pillar, she would be safe there. When she tried to ask why he made it seem like he would not be going as well, he told her it was because he was not; it was not a part of the future that he saw. He then brought her to the shore to tell her how she would get there, and try as she might, she could not convince him to come with her, so with a heavy heart, she took off, leaving her father behind.
She knew that flying in the open sky was dangerous, and as such would only fly when there were clouds covering the sky. Eventually she made her way there, knowing that this place was a safe haven; her father said that it was, and her father never lied, right?
Edited by Swampellow

Welp, I'd say that my Character is done for now. Link to it for convenience is here.

If I need to make any adjustments, tell me and I'll work on implementing 'em.

By the way, out of curiosity, what happened to Mewtwo? Cerulean Cave is full of strong Pokemon, after all. He wouldn't be helpless. Did he get killed by the Shadow 'Mons as well?

By the way, out of curiosity, what happened to Mewtwo? Cerulean Cave is full of strong Pokemon, after all. He wouldn't be helpless. Did he get killed by the Shadow 'Mons as well?

inb4 shadow mewtwo

"If the gods themselves have fallen, then truly no living thing is safe in this prison we call home. There is nobody else. Fate brought us all together as one last chance to save this world. Or maybe it is to prolong our suffering." -Gan-Mac

So from all of the coliseum games there has been Shadow lugia, entei, suicune, raiko, Team mystic, Team valor, Team instinct, and then shadow mewtwo in Pokken. Needless to say, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if most legendaries have turned shadow or at last some of them.

Allright so I got my char finished at 3am with some rum in me, if there's anything I need to change please let me know!

Name: Hau'oli

Species: Munchlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 47
Starting Moveset: Metronome, Lick, Belch, Body Slam
Appearance: Hau is a healthy munchlax that's just a bit larger than the average lax. His coat is ruffled and messy with the fur on his ears are exceptionally wild. He wears a purple poncho that's in reality a hand me down scarf far too large for him, accompanied by an old straw hat he found in a ruins.
Personality: "Well if it's this dark now that'll just make the sunrise all that much prettier!"
Hau is an optimistic mon, constantly searching for the silver lining in any storm that crosses his path. He's chatty, energetic, and always ready for a bite to eat. The love of his life (aside from food and a good nap) was adventure, he is struck with wanderlust, often breaking from the beaten path at the implied promises of something new or at least a good story. He is a self-proclaimed hero, basing his morals and ideals on what he interprets they should be. He fights for those that can't fight for themselves and often stops his journey to help everyone he can. Offering everything but the poncho on his back.
As hard as he tries to hold up his world view, the world that he has seen has worn down his resolve. The world is rough, and his travelling alone constantly reminds him just how far he is away from home. He fights this nagging feeling by pushing himself harder, driven by his original quest. But deep down behind his wide grin he's looking for another reason to push him forward.
Personal History: Born to a village in a far off land seemingly untouched by darkness, one of the many islands that the munchlax calls home. His youngest days were spent in the town square; where his time not wasted on his duties were all going towards excitedly questioning every merchant that came through town. Hau's favorite visitor was an Alakazam who's name he could never get quite right, always a syllable or two off from the actual pronounciation. He was old when this new world was young, and while he was cold and distant to the youngling. Eventually he wore down the traveller's walls and he warmed up to Hau.
He told him what he knew of the world of humans, and what he as a former trained pokemon had seen with his master. He had told him of lands far and wide away from the relative peace of this tropical island. And what really gripped Hau most was talk of old stories, of adventure and heroes, that there were more than the horror stories and bleakness that he heard whenever he heard of the outside world. Hau was hooked.
He spent his days parading through the forests, training his body and daydreaming up little mini-adventures in his head. He pushed his body to the limits, waiting for the right moment for him to hop on a vessel and begin his journey, or at least that's what he told himself. In reality he was scared and young, and without that push in the right direction he wasn't ready to take that step.
He made a name for himself, when the first shadow pokemon appeared. A wild steelix had rampaged through the forest, Hau'oli's home in the path of destruction. Scared as he was, Hau stepped forward. Even to this day he couldn't remember making the stand, all he could remember was he found himself staring down a rampaging engine of steel and death and all that stood in the way between it and his town was him. With only one thing left to do he resorted to his secret move, with a deep breath he began wagging his fingers.
Hau's eyes lit with the fire of heaven's above, and the munchlax unleashed a torrent of red and white flames, driving away the Steelix and unbeknowst to him begin the path of a true hero. It wasn't long before the sanctuary islands were breached, and shadow pokemon attacked en masse. As the Munchlax watched his home burning, a fire had ignited in him as well. Hau wanted to fight, but his father had other plans.
His father's last wish as he held the line, had been for Hau to find the sky pillar, the last hope for his people's salvation. He had handed his son his lucky scarf, and with a tearful goodbye sent him away from the island. Much time had passed since he left his home, and Hau had matured somewhat as he crossed sea, land and desert alike. Facing hardship after hardship had worn down his optimism, and the death of his friend and eventual Mentor Alakazam recent and fresh in his mind just as he reached Hoenn. His journey to the sky pillar had only just begun...

\
Edited by Grizzlybrand

So it has been forever since I have actually done anything RP related, so bear with me and this thing

Name: Sansa
Species: Tranquill
Ability: Super Luck
Level: 23
Starting Moveset: Secret Power, Wish, Lucky Chant, Sky Attack
Appearance: Sansa is a tad smaller than other Tranquill, with a smaller height and a slimmer breast. Her wings are however full size, causing her to look (and be) somewhat disproportionate. Her eye markings are a slightly brighter red than most due to her heritage.
Personality: Despite her small size, Sansa is rowdy. She is used to having things go her way (most of the time) and expects for others to know that and follow suite. It isn't that she thinks she is better than other Pokemon, that is just the way it has always been for her. She does care for those who she is close to however, but nobody like that really exists anymore, since her father isn't here anymore and she never really made very many long-lasting friends due to her always being on the move, and as such she seems standoffish and rude to those unfamiliar with her.
Personal History: She was born to an Unfezant mother and a Xatu father, both of whom had belonged to a trainer who had been considered a 'Bird Keeper'; or at least that is what her father told her. When the crisis that drove the humans to extinction began, Sansa's egg had just been given to her parents trainer. The Bird Keeper called out for Sansa's mother to defend them, but the beasts were able to defeat both her mother and the trainer; and just before they fell her father used his psychic powers to take Sansa's egg and fly away. When Sansa hatched her father did everything he could to keep her safe, making sure they were always on the move so that they would stay that way.
However one day Sansa's father came to her with a grievous look on his face. He told her that he had seen into the future and that she must go to a place called Sky Pillar, she would be safe there. When she tried to ask why he made it seem like he would not be going as well, he told her it was because he was not; it was not a part of the future that he saw. He then brought her to the shore to tell her how she would get there, and try as she might, she could not convince him to come with her, so with a heavy heart, she took off, leaving her father behind.
She knew that flying in the open sky was dangerous, and as such would only fly when there were clouds covering the sky. Eventually she made her way there, knowing that this place was a safe haven; her father said that it was, and her father never lied, right?

Change out Sky Attack for a weaker move. Aside from that, everything else is fine.

I just had a horrible image come across my mind. If we have to face the Permafrost King, we are so screwed. If you don't know who that is, stay ignorant.

Commander, you of all people should know by now it's never a good idea to give Hosts new ideas to torture people with...

But nah, I'm not the type to go ret-conning other people's old PCs from long dead RPs. Only my own. I'm very touchy when it comes to intellectual property and that sort of thing.

inb4 shadow mewtwo

Mewtwo? Let me tell you about mewtwo- Mewtwo is the center of just about everything that involved Lt.Surge in the old world of SoA. During the Heresy Conflicts approximately 42 years ago, Giovanni created a false god to use a weapon of mass destruction in his war to seize power from the church- that False God being... you guessed it. Mewtwo

Long Story short, Surge and his lone surviving partner killed the original Mewtwo during the Battle of the Sevii Islands at the end of the war. Hence why he was proclaimed as a war hero and put on a pedestal within the SoA universe.

But wait, there's more- there wasn't just one Mewtwo. There were TWO! when a certain someone brought him back to life (or rather, made a clone of him with the same soul and memories) many years after the war and surge becoming a gym leader, guess who got to the bottom of things and killed Mewtwo, again, before another war could start... you guessed it-

This glorious bastard right here...

185px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Lt_Surge.png-And a couple of Vermillion City Police Officers, but they weren't that important...

So, needless to say, the chances of you fighting a Mewtwo are slim and none... because if a third one somehow shows up, well... Surge may be dead along with the rest of humanity, but do you know who isn't?

10181-Shiny-Mega-Ampharos.png

So from all of the coliseum games there has been Shadow lugia, entei, suicune, raiko, Team mystic, Team valor, Team instinct, and then shadow mewtwo in Pokken. Needless to say, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if most legendaries have turned shadow or at last some of them.

You guys...realize how bad it is to give me ideas, right? Like really, for the newer folks it's understandable, but for those among the Old Blood around here, you guys should know better than to give a host live ammunition...

--------------------

@Kenny- The only real issue is the Cape under the description. There's a logic fallacy there- you say his back flames are constantly active, ergo any type of overcoat/cape/cloak etc. should be engulfed by them fairly quickly unless they're flame retardant... which it obviously isn't given you mentioned it being singed- implying that at some point in time, it was indeed partially consumed by flames. Change it to a scarf or something less likely to be caught and it should fix the hole. Aside from that, everything else is decent enough for me to give it a pass

@Grizzly- Very interesting. You are approved. and here- http://thousandroads.net/misc/metronome

I will expect you to use this for any Metronoming you do during the RP... of course, this all based completely on the honor system, and if you don't, I've no way of knowing aside from when I notice if the moves you draw are consistently a bit too perfect for the situation at hand...

anyways, for those who have WIP sheets still and have yet to finish- I suggest you hurry it up. Slots are filling in faster than I expecting... We'll reach the max capacity very soon, if I'm not mistaken...with these 3 new additions (as soon as Kenny and Swamp get those changes I requested done), brings us to 10. My optimal number is 12- I'm sure some smart RPer out there can guess why with a bit of simple math My absolute stretch limit is 14 (Which is only invoked for people who expressed interest and reached out directly to me before the OOC was even up due to them having IRL time constraints and duties that would keep them busy during the normal sign-up phase)

• Veterans

RIP Mewtwo. You'll always be cool to me....

Though I do wonder where Mewtwo would fit in the power scale. I feel as if he's right between the minor legends and the gods, somewhat of a demi-god of sorts(Which the 'False God' title represents perfectly). After all, his BST is 680 and has been portrayed as extremely powerful, both game-lore wise and in the anime.

Oh, yeah, and Yagami is accepted to. I was still a bit skeptical, but after seeing how well the backstory you made actually meshed with and explained the personality... I don't think I'll have much issue out of you.

Huh, I actually still have it in me. Glad my imagination isn't dead yet, even if my character is basically a non-evil Jhin.

I'm relieved it worked out in the end, and I'll make do with not disappointing when the real stuff debuts.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Huh, I actually still have it in me. Glad my imagination isn't dead yet, even if my character is basically a non-evil Jhin.

I'm relieved it worked out in the end, and I'll make do with not disappointing when the real stuff debuts.

He's very Jhin yea, but making him not as you know... interested in murder is very interesting, since a more benevolent version of Jhin could be a very... calming character honestly. Very hopeful. It'll be intersting to see how you play him out. ((also, I'd not worry about rust. those who write, it rarely entirely leaves ya. You just have rough spots. Hell... if I let it get to me I'd never write since I think I'm always doing an awful job and yet... people refuse to let me think that XD. So, if I can keep continuing in my craft, well anyone can for sure.~))

@Swamp: Air Cutter will do fine

RIP Mewtwo. You'll always be cool to me....

Though I do wonder where Mewtwo would fit in the power scale. I feel as if he's right between the minor legends and the gods, somewhat of a demi-god of sorts(Which the 'False God' title represents perfectly). After all, his BST is 680 and has been portrayed as extremely powerful, both game-lore wise and in the anime.

When the Church of Arceus gained Intel after Giovanni unleashed him the first time, they classified it as a False-Deity capable of rivaling the likes of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyruem- whom were Arch Angels directly under Arceus and not technically full gods themselves, thus not included anywhere in the pantheon, but still powerful enough to theoretically rival and/or surpass any of his children were it to come to blows, such as Ho-oh, Lugia, Palkia, etc... which is because they were tasked with enforcing God's will, both on earth and among his children, each of them weilding the raw power of a single concept such as Truth, Idealism, and Void or Wuji.

Ergo, Mewtwo from day one was classified as being as powerful as a full fledged god and given an Execution Priority Level higher than even Giovanni himself who had created the monstrosity and quite probably could've had more like it in the works. Things grew so dire that the Top Brass of the Kanto Armed Forces, under pressure from the Kantonian Head of State who himself was under pressure from the Church, were even willing to resort to using an Azoth-Nucleic Bomb to destroy the sevii islands (and all those troops present) but also kill Mewtwo in the process...

So much pressure infact, that the deaths of their own men and citizens would be deemed to be "Acceptable Losses" in the face of the victory that would be attained... and the lives that would be lost if they didn't act and allowed the war to rage further (*Cough* Remind you of any bombings that took place in a land which Kanto was culturally and geologically based off? *Cough*)

Until...

185px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Lt_Surge.png10181-Shiny-Mega-Ampharos.png

The greatest Dream Team in all of Kanto got shit down without having to kill thousands of service men and women and destroy many more civilians. Surge left the military and vowed to never enter the killing field again though, after that little incident. It was a rather...polarizing decision at the time and in the years following. Even affected the next election in the region... but Geopolitics aren't important anymore... nor are the massive spoilers I am dropping for Surge of Vermillion

All right, finished my sheet. I'll just post it here again for convenience.

Name: Nocturne
Species: Zoroark
Ability: Illusion
Level: 50
Starting Moveset: Nasty Plot, Shadow Claw, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse
Appearance:
He is taller than most others of his species and has three claw marks cutting across the left side of his torso. Nocturne wears a
black choker around his neck with a silver crescent moon pendant, a blood red ruby dangling in the middle of the crescent moon. A gift given to him by his late trainer.
Personality:
Nocturne is quiet around others, not liking being around big groups of strangers. But he has learned to adapt over time. For in the dangerous world he lives in, it isn't always smart to go alone without having someone watching your back. He is more likely be much more open with a group he has gotten comfortable with, sometimes even joking around a bit with others. Though he doesn't like to show others his sadness and anger, preferring to hide behind illusions of indifference rather than facing the failures of his past. Using his built up frustrations and rage to push himself past his limits in battle, sometimes edging close to overwhelming brutality in a fight.
Personal History:
Nocturne was the prized pokemon of a powerful trainer, together rising up the ranks and defeating gyms on their way to challenging the strongest trainers in their region. But their journey was cut short by the Holy War and the rise of the so called Shade. His trainer was forced to fight in the brutal war and he too fought alongside her, though he was forced to do it while being the parent of a lone baby Zorua.
Although they put up quite a fight, soon they too were overwhelmed by the power and numbers of Shade. When it was obvious that he and his trainer were fighting their last battle, Nocturne chose with a heavy heart to leave her in order to protect his child. Leaving his trainer to die while he ran away with the Zorua hidden in his long mane. Though the Shade did not allow him to escape easily, the savage pokemon chased after him even after the fight was won. Nocturne spent weeks running non-stop as he tried to find a safe place for him and his child, finally learning about the Sky Pillar after a long time of running. Hoping to find sanctuary there, he started the long journey towards the Sky Pillar.
Though he failed to find safety in time, being ambushed by more of the Shade on the journey there. In a desperate battle against a savage Haxorus, he did everything he could to protect his child. Pushing himself until he was inches from death, though in the end it wasn't enough. The Haxorus cruelly clawed Nocturne's side, deeply injuring him, while also killing the small Zorua violently in the midst of it's blind Outrage. The death of his child causing Nocturne to go into a desperate rage, letting rage fuel him as he clawed the dragon's throat out.
Once all was said and done, Nocturne was left extremely injured and without the will to live at the loss of his child and trainer. Laying down next to his daughter and awaiting death to take him too.
Miraculously, a nearby Gardevoir found him lying there hours later and healed him as best she could with her powerful Heal Pulse. Although not fully recovered, Nocturne lived on and spent weeks with the Gardevoir, named Lily, as she tried to heal his body into a full recovery. Although there was little she could do for the wounds inside of him, the death of his child causing him to mourn day and night. Once he was stable enough, he and Lily made their way to the Sky Pillar where she was originally heading too. Managing to reach the enclave without anymore casualties.
Although he still misses and mourns his daughter, Nocturne is thankful to Lily for giving him another chance of life. Joining the forces in the Sky Pillar to help in the fight against the Shade. Itching to get revenge for the savage murder of his loved ones.

Edited by Shadow Sketches

Oh Strat you should know me well enough that I keep anything I am truly, truly terrified all to myself that and I'd honestly be surprised if you didn't think of something similar to that sadistic king ahead of time. One of these days we really need to create another Poke war.

Oh Strat you should know me well enough that I keep anything I am truly, truly terrified all to myself that and I'd honestly be surprised if you didn't think of something similar to that sadistic king ahead of time. One of these days we really need to create another Poke war.

Oh I remember that! I had my friend make an account just to be the other ruler of our nation. x3

I would totally do another one, though it'd have to be more elaborate in terms of rules kuz that thing could be exploited so hard.

Permission to land aboard the SoA RP.

Name: Arthur Pyke

Species: Wartortle

Ability: Rain dish

Level: 34

Starting Moveset: Rapid spin, Withdraw, Water Pulse, Bite

Appearance: A Wartotle with a lot of scars.

Arthur's tail is bigger and fluffier than a common Wartortle. The back of his shell has a huge slash mark across it like something tries to gut him out of his shell. Arthur's left ear is chopped off and has a noticeable bite mark to prove it. His left eye is shut close and has a running scar across it. Arthur wears a khaki bandana that covers his left eye and a draping cloak to conceal these traits from his past life.

Personality: Arthur is a brave, stubborn, natural sea-born pokemon. He has a bit of a sailor's mouth when he speaks and brazen to an extent without intending to be malicious of any sorts. Despite his vulgar behavior, He's easy to get along with and his loyalty is unquestionable. Arthur truly cares about duty and his promise to his parents: exploration and the value of Pokemon life.

Personal History: Arthur is a free poke' with no trainer to command him, His loyalty stands within his fellow Pokemon inhabiting the Orange islands. Arthur is young Wartortle who lives on an island which was hidden and remain untouched from the assaults from the shaded pokemon.This island is one of the main distributors of berries to the other neighboring islands ever since the shadow pokemon attacked. Arthur's family comes from a lineage of Explorers. Arthur has younger 2 brothers and a sister. He is the eldest son of a Blastoise and a Kingdra.

Arthur loves traveling. He got his enthusiasm in traveling and exploring the world from his late father and mother, famous expeditionists in their island who got lost in the sea and was never heard from again.

The young Wartortle has a sense of adventure, just like his Father. He joined in with the shipping business at a young age in their island's expedition in shipping and distributing supplies from all over the Orange Isles; Making sure that pokemons around every island won't starve to death in these difficult times when the shadow pokemon attacked.

Arthur made a lot of connections in the orange islands and was, later on, promoted to their island's official Navigator and earn the title "Murkrow's eye". Traveling with him is the island's fearless Lapras fleet, they bravely swim the deep sea and across the Pokemon ocean in distributing goods from all over the archipelago.

Everything was going well until he made the wrong call on that one fateful day, They took a wrong turn and were spotted and got stuck down by a school of black Sharpedos and Carvanha in the middle of the sea.

They fought valiantly but alas the Sea gods has forsaken them, His crew got defeated n that bloody sea battle. Arthur sunk into the blue abyss. Arthur was believed to be dead along with his crew.

Fortunately, The reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated, Arthur survived that ordeal and was able to tell the tale. He felt intense remorse about his crew and decided to leave the orange islands for now. Arthur keeps a low profile as he seeks refuge in the Sinnoh region, hearing tales and rumors of the resistance living in the sky pillar. He decided to migrate and join this revolution, hoping things will change for the better and redeem himself.

Edited by Ragnar