Intentionally, though honestly that wasn't what I hand in mind, in terms of the movesetted Charizard. Very well, then.

*not-so-subtly cracks knuckles*

T'would be my first attempt at a Pokemon RP, so here goes.

Name: Sephtis

Species: Banette

Ability: Insomnia

Level: 44

Starting moveset: Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Will-O-Wisp, Night Shade

Appearance: Sephtis atypically wears a weathered, albeit embroidered, piece of leather as a halved, ornate opera mask, which covers his weathered right eye, which has dimmed vision as a result of injury. Despite the obvious reference, there is no form of disfigurement he needs to hide behind the mask – he believes the world is best seen through one eye rather than two, as it would allow him to witness every scene in its finest.

Personality: An eccentric figure, Sephtis' mind is but a distinct construct. In spite of the current state of the world, he sees everything in life a show and performance that he himself needs to pull the strings and orchestrate, a fervent desire to entertain and carve the ultimate tale of what remains amongst the living. He finds his work a form of beauty he needs to spread across the current world. He has a degree of sadism in him, often expressed in his morbid fashions of humor and conversation, but he is, in all, a self-absorbed, self-proclaimed artist in the current world who seeks to utilize the quest residing on the Sky Pillar as his ultimate masterpiece.

Personal History:

“The world is a stage. What happens next within it will be my masterpiece.” -Sephtis the Banette

Sephtis, in the times when humans were still sentient, was a young Shuppet born to a pair of Banettes -- their names long forgotten. The family of Ghost-types was brought up under the tutelage of a middle-aged couple of puppeteers, as Sephtis would watch in amazement as his parents danced to the tunes of their owners, bringing smiles and screams to human and Pokemon alike. Enraptured by the spectacles of opera, entertainment and performance at a young age, Sephtis avidly engaged with his family on the arts. His passions meant that Sephtis grew quickly – and eventually, the dedicated, albeit eccentric Sephtis flourished into the brightest star in the opera house as he evolved into a Banette like his parents. He stood at the pinnacle of attention and applause. He welled pride in the hearts of his parents and trainers. He saw his very life itself as a canvas for art, every day a stage for his performances needed to entertain everyone.

Sephtis could not relish his fame and the euphoria for performance forever, for the Holy War had been instigated. The very threat of such strife meant that the family business began to crumble, and Sephtis was no longer the centre of attention he ever so yearned to be. Everyone was bound such spoils. Sephtis and his family were forced to fight to protect themselves and their trainers as their former professions faded away with the peace and applause that once blessed the land. Yet not once did his passion waver. He would never free himself from the art in which he loved so dearly, the passion of which he grew up with. Not the strongest force could claim to take that away for him.

Eventually, the terror of the war and the corrupting darkness of the shadowy beings overwhelmed everything. His parents, his trainers – sacrificed. Their deaths might have been in vain given the strength of the adversary, but Sephtis miraculously survived, knowing full well that his family had died protecting him. But now, he was an artist in a corrupted world, and the plague of dark shadows lurking about certainly weren’t a desirable audience. To that, his purpose seemed asinine – who would he entertain? What would feed his once insatiable curiosity for the craft?

Alone, Sephtis struggled as he traversed the world, each day ever painstaking as he pursued his desperate search for a purpose in the corrupted world. Danger lurked at every corner -- not even a Ghost was spared from the dark.

Eventually, however, the young Sephtis caught word of a final trace of hope left in the painful world. Meeting various others in his difficult crusade, he finally discovered an answer.

It was the glimmer of hope he wanted. The muse that inspired his library of flairs and cogitations. The world itself would be the stage for his opera, with the Enclave atop Sky Pillar the finest stage for his debut. Whatever happened next – it was his turn to pull the strings and present the world with the finest opera.

The world was set for him as the curtains were lifted, and a tale needed to be weaved; a performance needed to be given. And Septhis was determined to make it perfect.

The history isn't done yet since I have a rather long intent in mind for it, unless you'd prefer it rather short instead. Correct me on anything wrong, though.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name: Poppy

Species: Chikorita

Ability: Overgrow

Level: 20

Starting Moveset: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Heal Pulse, Growl

Appearance: Poppy is a rather large Chikorita, standing over three feet tall at the tip of her leaf. The only defining characteristic she has that sets her apart from other Chikoritas are three parallel green scars along the left side of her torso.

Personality: The opposite of what you'd expect from a trained healer, Poppy is brash, bold, and loudmouthed. Despite this, she cares deeply for all Pokemon, not just her friends. This loud mouth often gets her into trouble; however, true to her doctorly nature she is more than willing to stand up and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Personal History: The only daughter of Carnelian, a Slowking male, and Azalea, a female Meganium, Poppy was orphaned at a young age. While accompanying her parents on a foraging trip to find Berries, they came across a Lucario lying wounded in the road. Her parents, both known to the local populace as kind and gentle healers, immediately rushed to his aid. However, the very moment that Carnelian's hand touched the Lucario's skin, it rippled. Suddenly, the Illusion dissipated. The Shadow Zoroark leapt up from the ground and struck Carnelian down with a Night Slash before turning to her mother, badly wounding the Meganium with a powerful Flamethrower attack. Poppy trembled in the nearby brush as the Shadow Zoaroark sniffed the air. Without warning, the Zoroark turned to face her. She immediately fainted from fright as the Shadow leapt at her, a Shadow Claw outstretched.

When she came to, it was covered in sweat and in an unfamiliar room. As the fretted about, she heard a "Shh!" from next to the bed. She turned, hoping beyond hope that it was her mother who had admonished her. Instead, it was an Audino. The pink Pokemon encouraged the young Chikorita to sit down, promising to tell her everything she'd seen. Poppy couldn't have known it as it happened, but fainting saved her life. She fell forward, causing the Zoaroark's attack to miss her center of mass and merely inflict flesh wounds. Because she was unconscious, she couldn't even shake from fright. This led the Zoroark to believe that his attack, though sloppy, had nonetheless been fatal. With his hunt finished, the Zoarark dragged the Slowking's limp, lifeless body away into the underbrush. After that, the Audino had approached the scene of the attack. Although she tried her best, she had been unable to stabilize the Meganium. The Grass-type whispered to her to forget her and save her daughter. Nodding gravely, the Audino, whose name Poppy had come to find out was Nona, had used Heal Pulse on the child and carried her away to safety, reluctantly leaving the dying Azalea behind.

For months, Poppy cried all day and all night. She was distraught, unable to even begin to process the prospect of existing in a world without her parents. Through all of this Nona kept Poppy fed and safe, although she had been unable to heal the ugly wounds on Poppy's side, causing them to form scar tissue that would become a constant reminder of the tragedy that had befallen the Chikorita. After several months passed, Poppy began to eat regularly again. She was able to sleep through the night again, so long as Nona was around. The elderly Audino continued to nurture the child, hoping that one day Poppy might become strong enough to take over for her. She began to instruct the young Chikorita in the art of healing, something the pair quickly found Poppy had a natural affinity for. She progressed through her education, eventually becoming as competent a healer as Nona.

One fateful day, Nona called Poppy to her bedside. She admitted to Poppy that she had been sick for a long time, and that her inability to save Azalea was a direct result of the disease sapping her strength. With sadness in her eyes, Nona begged for Poppy to do more good in the world than she had. She begged for her foster daughter to fight against the Shade, to make evil answer for what had happened to her parents and to help Nona to repent for her weakness. With that goal in mind, Poppy set out for the Sky Pillar to seek out the last pocket of resistance against the Shade.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to the questions I'm about to ask, but I just want to make sure.

Are Revives a type of Azothite?

How are they used (Eg.: Ingestion, "Smelling Salts"-style, etc.)?

Additionally, since we're talking about Items, I might as well ask another question, despite it being moot due to the Item in question having likely been long since completely used up. I also think that I already know the answer to this one as well, but I'm just making sure.

When they existed, were Rare Candies a piece of Azothite, or simply Azoth-infused candy? I think that it's the second version, but I could be wrong.

Edited by K_H

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to the questions I'm about to ask, but I just want to make sure.

Are Revives a type of Azothite?

How are they used (Eg.: Ingestion, "Smelling Salts"-style, etc.)?

Additionally, since we're talking about Items, I might as well ask another question, despite it being moot due to the Item in question having likely been long since completely used up. I also think that I already know the answer to this one as well, but I'm just making sure.

When they existed, were Rare Candies a piece of Azothite, or simply Azoth-infused candy? I think that it's the second version, but I could be wrong.

The question is moot because Revives are a form of medicine, and the vast majority of Pokemon-related medicine in SoA is derived from berries, roots, flowers, etc that can be found in nature, not spectracite. Revives were basically just leftover bits of Revival Herbs chopped up and mixed with other ingredients in a concentrated form to give them some use.

I'm not even going to bother answering your question on Rare Candies because the key word there is "Rare", and given there are no humans around to produce them and whatever ones are left have likely already been gobbled up a long time ago... it doesn't really matter, because you'll never find one.

@Yagami... seems alright enough thust, though I'm not too sure how I feel about letting that personality slide in the hands of a yet unproven RPer, so... ya best not screw it up, boyo. I'll let it in, provided you can create a half-decent personal history to finish the application, but you'll be watched very closely for some time- there are all too many ways an inexperienced player can turn a persona like that into a complete mess. I've seen it too many times before, infact.

@Jory- boda bing boda bang, you're approved.

My original inclinations leaned towards a more silent character (a personality I am personally most confident with its portrayal) but then I noticed ExLink's character and decided it would be a bit too similar, which is why I opted for this choice. If you're uncomfortable with such a personality at the end of the day and don't trust it to flow well enough, I'll see if I can whip up something else.

No, no... I'll give you the chance to prove yourself and put my doubts to rest. Though I think it is a bit iffy for just anyone to try to run it, I know that this personality type can actually make for a good character and create some very interesting scenarios if actually written well... so, for the sake of my own curiosity, I will allow it to stand here. If I notice a bump or two down the road, I'll just nudge ya back on track

• Veterans

Aight registration sheet is up on Page 1. I'll post it here too for convenience.

Name: Basil
Species: Drapion
Ability: Keen Eye
Level: 46
Starting Moveset: Night Slash, Toxic Spikes, Confuse Ray, Venoshock
Appearance: Basil is a Drapion of about average height for his species and possess a large gash on his back that he gained shortly before evolving. Basil has trouble seeing clearly from his left eye due to an injury and holds but a single piece of accessory given to him by his late trainer; a black eye patch to cover his injured eye.
Personality: A creature of many regrets, Basil finds himself to often look at the past, before any of the recent destruction had happened, with nostalgic feelings. Generally Basil sticks a bit farther away from others than he'd like to, finding it hard to make bonds when it'd only take one mistake, one failure for it to end all over again. Regardless of that, he would fight to the ends of the world and back if only to save those very bonds.
Personal History: Caught as a Skorupi by an up and coming trainer in Unova, Basil quickly rose to be a cornerstone of the team before the trainer decided to retire, only a single badge short from being able to compete in their native league's yearly conference. Regardless, Basil, never held it against the person he had begun to consider a close friend and they traced back their steps, all the way back to Lentimas Town. The place where it all began.
They remained there for a few years, appreciating the heavy contrast the peace and quite the town on the foot of Reversal Mountain brought compared to the constant battling they did on the road. Great things were simply not meant to last however. One day, a swarm of wild, ravenous creatures with colorations that were way beyond the norm of their species charged into the town. The few trainers in there tried to fend them off, but there were simply too many of them and they were quickly overwhelmed. As the remaining citizens tried to flee, an attack was fired in Basil's direction as he and his trainer tried to escape the town. As he dodged the attack however, the attack instead hit the person in front of him. His trainer. The attack killed him immediantly and in his shock, he didn't notice the feral Zangoose that had crept on him. The Zangoose performed a Crush Claw that cut a large gash onto his back, though nowhere near fatal. Basil hastily threw the Zangoose off of him before it could perform another slash, presumably in the same spot and quickly fled into Reversal Mountain where he'd remain for many, many years to come.
One day, a stray Spoink wandered into the little hideout he made for himself. As the Spoink didn't seem to have the odd coloration that the feral Pokemon that ravaged his town had, he quickly asked what the Spoink was doing in there. The meek Psychic type bounced back slightly but then told slowly started telling him the enclave at Sky Pillar and how there was a Wailord at the coast of what was once Undella Town that offered passage to Sky Pillar. Taking the Spoink with him, Basil sneaked out of the mountain, knowing it's hidden passages after years of residing in there and managed to make his way to the Wailord at Undella who took them and a few other Pokemon across the sea and towards Sky Pillar; Azauqyar's Enclave. There he'd find a new home, one that'd give him another chance to truly live once more.

All I can say is I'll do my best to not disappoint, then.

In any case, I've added my character's personal history, rusty as it may appear on paper. I hope it's alright.

Repost for convenience:

Name: Sephtis

Species: Banette

Ability: Insomnia

Level: 44

Starting moveset: Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Will-O-Wisp, Night Shade

Appearance: Sephtis atypically wears a weathered, albeit embroidered, piece of leather as a halved, ornate opera mask, which covers his weathered right eye, which has dimmed vision as a result of injury. Despite the obvious reference, there is no form of disfigurement he needs to hide behind the mask – he believes the world is best seen through one eye rather than two, as it would allow him to witness every scene in its finest.

Personality: An eccentric figure, Sephtis' mind is but a distinct construct. In spite of the current state of the world, he sees everything in life a show and performance that he himself needs to pull the strings and orchestrate, a fervent desire to entertain and carve the ultimate tale of what remains amongst the living. He finds his work a form of beauty he needs to spread across the current world. He has a degree of sadism in him, often expressed in his morbid fashions of humor and conversation, but he is, in all, a self-absorbed, self-proclaimed artist in the current world who seeks to utilize the quest residing on the Sky Pillar as his ultimate masterpiece.

Personal History:

“The world is a stage. What happens next within it will be my masterpiece.” -Sephtis the Banette

Sephtis, in the times when humans were still sentient, was a young Shuppet born to a pair of Banettes -- their names long forgotten. The family of Ghost-types was brought up under the tutelage of a middle-aged couple of puppeteers, as Sephtis would watch in amazement as his parents danced to the tunes of their owners, bringing smiles and screams to human and Pokemon alike. Enraptured by the spectacles of opera, entertainment and performance at a young age, Sephtis avidly engaged with his family on the arts. His passions meant that Sephtis grew quickly – and eventually, the dedicated, albeit eccentric Sephtis flourished into the brightest star in the opera house as he evolved into a Banette like his parents. He stood at the pinnacle of attention and applause. He welled pride in the hearts of his parents and trainers. He saw his very life itself as a canvas for art, every day a stage for his performances needed to entertain everyone.

Sephtis could not relish his fame and the euphoria for performance forever, however, for the Holy War had been instigated. The very threat of such strife meant that the family business began to crumble, and Sephtis was no longer the centre of attention he ever so yearned to be. Everyone was bound by such spoils. Sephtis and his family were forced to fight to protect themselves and their trainers as their former professions faded away with the peace and applause that once blessed the land. Yet not once did his passion waver. He would never free himself from the art in which he loved so dearly, the passion of which he grew up with. Not the strongest force could claim to take that away for him.

Eventually, the terror of the war and the corrupting darkness of the shadowy beings overwhelmed everything. His parents, his trainers – sacrificed. Their deaths might have been in vain given the strength of the adversary, but Sephtis miraculously survived, knowing full well that his family had died protecting him. But now, he was an artist in a corrupted world, and the plague of dark shadows lurking about certainly weren’t a desirable audience. To that, his purpose seemed asinine – who would he entertain? What would feed his once insatiable curiosity for the craft?

Alone, Sephtis struggled as he traversed the world, each day ever painstaking as he pursued his desperate search for a purpose in the corrupted world. Danger lurked at every corner -- not even a Ghost was spared from the dark.

Eventually, however, the young Sephtis caught word of a final trace of hope left in the painful world. Meeting various others in his difficult crusade, he finally discovered an answer.

It was the glimmer of hope he wanted. The muse that inspired his library of flairs and cogitations. The world itself would be the stage for his opera, with the Enclave atop Sky Pillar the finest stage for his debut. Whatever happened next – it was his turn to pull the strings and present the world with the finest opera.

The world was set for him as the curtains were lifted, and a tale needed to be weaved; a performance needed to be given. And Sephtis was determined to make it perfect.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Because I can. Anywho... here ya go. Only a rough draft that I might change a bit of. Will let you know if I do. Probably won't though depends. If there's any issues. leeeeeeemme know.

Name: Clarice

Species: Breloom

Ability: Poison Heal ((mostly since it doesn't restrict what moves are desirable to me.))

Level: 53

Starting Moveset: (Drain Punch/Focus Punch/Bullet Seed/Rock Slide)

Appearance: Clarice takes on the typical colouring of a shiny Breloom, An Auburn, orange-esque colour. Her Toes and fingers as a result are a pale yellow in colour. She wears a pair of small wireframe glasses, the lens a kind that don't actually fix vision. She also wears a scarf, of a orange colour, that shifts subtlety to a more yellow gradient towards the ends.

Personality: Clarice is a rather prickly individual. She tends to keep more towards herself and doesn't talk a whole lot. A firm believer of talking when it was needed and not wasting breathe otherwise A Pokemon of few words. She's not fond of loud noises, or... extremely obnoxious behavior. Despite this however, she is actually a very fast friend when one takes the time to get to know her. She has a rather high sense of justice, honor and kindness for the right people. Friends are vastly important to her, all others... expendable. Respect and Friendship is earned, not given out for free.

Personal History: Clarice lead a rather uneventful life before the calamity. She was the partner of a Librarian in a small Library in Canalave City. It was a quiet and quaint little place, and there's wasn't much of import going on. Clarice tended to think herself the enforcer of the rules however and took to making sure people were being quiet for the others that were studying or reading. She met this with brute force, tending to send awful patrons flying out the door if they were being too loud with her powerful punches. There was one incident she sent a group of rowdy and unruly men out by Focus Punching them out through the wall. Repairs had to be done for a long while after and it cost a lot to get it done, especially on the small budget of the her owner, but, in time things settled down back to normal.

It continued on for some time. A lethargic lull of days, as many eventful morning turned to eventful evenings. The days just passed by. Until, suddenly strange Pokemon attacked the city. They ripped through nearly everything in their path. they.. destroyed with such a voracious hunger. Clarice tried to save who see, could but... there was no chance. She had to get away or become a victim herself. The only person she tired to defined was her own owner. But, it didn't last long. They nearly got to the edge of town before a stray beast pounced on her old owner. Despite not wanting to... she wasn't powerful enough to stop what it did to her. Clarice knew that she couldn't save her. So, with a heavy heart, she used this time to escape instead. She hated that she didn't even try.

As a result, she spent years upon years wandering the world staying away from these creatures and most other pokemon. Eventually, she drifted towards the Sky Pillar. None really knew why she was there but her. She'd redeem herself for the sin she had committed then. For failing. She would Redeem herself by fighting now. Becuase, now she could. Maybe it was too late for her partner, the humans... of the world. But it was't too alte for those that were still here. After all, better late than never.

• Veterans
Because I can. Anywho... here ya go. Only a rough draft that I might change a bit of. Will let you know if I do. Probably won't though depends. If there's any issues. leeeeeeemme know.

Name: Clarice
Species: Breloom
Ability: Poison Heal ((mostly since it doesn't restrict what moves are desirable to me.))
Level: 53
Starting Moveset: (Drain Punch/Focus Punch/Bullet Seed/Rock Slide)
Appearance: Clarice takes on the typical colouring of a shiny Breloom, An Auburn, orange-esque colour. Her Toes and fingers as a result are a pale yellow in colour. She wears a pair of small wireframe glasses, the lens a kind that don't actually fix vision. She also wears a scarf, of a orange colour, that shifts subtlety to a more yellow gradient towards the ends.
Personality: Clarice is a rather prickly individual. She tends to keep more towards herself and doesn't talk a whole lot. A firm believer of talking when it was needed and not wasting breathe otherwise A Pokemon of few words. She's not fond of loud noises, or... extremely obnoxious behavior. Despite this however, she is actually a very fast friend when one takes the time to get to know her. She has a rather high sense of justice, honor and kindness for the right people. Friends are vastly important to her, all others... expendable. Respect and Friendship is earned, not given out for free.
Personal History: Clarice lead a rather uneventful life before the calamity. She was the partner of a Librarian in a small Library in Canalave City. It was a quiet and quaint little place, and there's wasn't much of import going on. Clarice tended to think herself the enforcer of the rules however and took to making sure people were being quiet for the others that were studying or reading. She met this with brute force, tending to send awful patrons flying out the door if they were being too loud with her powerful punches. There was one incident she sent a group of rowdy and unruly men out by Focus Punching them out through the wall. Repairs had to be done for a long while after and it cost a lot to get it done, especially on the small budget of the her owner, but, in time things settled down back to normal.
It continued on for some time. A lethargic lull of days, as many eventful morning turned to eventful evenings. The days just passed by. Until, suddenly strange Pokemon attacked the city. They ripped through nearly everything in their path. they.. destroyed with such a voracious hunger. Clarice tried to save who see, could but... there was no chance. She had to get away or become a victim herself. The only person she tired to defined was her own owner. But, it didn't last long. They nearly got to the edge of town before a stray beast pounced on her old owner. Despite not wanting to... she wasn't powerful enough to stop what it did to her. Clarice knew that she couldn't save her. So, with a heavy heart, she used this time to escape instead. She hated that she didn't even try.
As a result, she spent years upon years wandering the world staying away from these creatures and most other pokemon. Eventually, she drifted towards the Sky Pillar. None really knew why she was there but her. She'd redeem herself for the sin she had committed then. For failing. She would Redeem herself by fighting now. Becuase, now she could. Maybe it was too late for her partner, the humans... of the world. But it was't too alte for those that were still here. After all, better late than never.

...did you just.....

Huk why

OMFG... 10/10

Well, anyways, Clarice the Auto-Moderator Breloom is accepted. I like what you did with it, Hukuna, the backstory and personality fit almost as if she were a sentient being and not just an automation of server protocols set to act when certain rules have been broken. Bravo.

Oh, yeah, and Yagami is accepted to. I was still a bit skeptical, but after seeing how well the backstory you made actually meshed with and explained the personality... I don't think I'll have much issue out of you.

As for Affection Evolutions... in lue of there being no humans hearts for their souls to bond to and be transformed by, They will evolve only after reaching critical points in the character development. A moment in which their resolve is challenged but then proven, a moment of great loss, peril, underdog situations, etc all qualify- so long as they have an immediate and permanent impact on the character's psychological and mental state.

• Veterans

Was wondering if you forgot mine but then I noticed that the formatting of my sheet went to hell after I switched from writing it on the forums to writing it on word so it's kinda hard(and annoying)to read atm. Fixing that up.

Edit: Fixed it. Here you go.

Assery is Approved.

On a related note, look what I found flying around in battlegrounds.... who would've guessed he'd once more stand by Azauqyar's side?

salamence.gif

Stratos, Captain of the Guard

Species: Salamence

Ability: Intimidate

Level Class: Fearsome-Omega

Moveset: Hyper Beam, Dragon Rush, Shadow Claw, Fire Blast

Signature Move: Draconid Requiem

Appearance: A giant among Salamence's, Stratos stands nigh double the height of an average member of his kind with a gargantuan wingspan to match. He bears around his neck a tattered, collared cloak of beige obviously woven to fit a being of far smaller stature, held in place only by a tarnished, silver choker bearing his race's mega stone in it's center, though the likes of mega evolution have not been used in the world for over a full generation now. His wings are noticeably tattered, riddled with small holes suggesting a fierce engagement long ago.

Personality:

Born with a sense of justice as strong as his body and will, Stratos' loyalties lie with his lord Azauqyar and the surivors of Sky Pillar above all else. Serving as the High Champion of the Guard since the earliest days following the end of humanity, some among the enclave would claim it is by the Giant's ever vigilant eyes and ears alone that they have survived where all others have fallen. Known to harbor a hatred for Shadows greater than perhaps any other being alive, mercy is not a trait he displays readily when engaged with his sworn foes, regularly torching and blasting any and all denizens of the night back into oblivion. Rumor has it the cloak he vehemently forbids anyone from touching, even those only offering to repair or resize it, is a final token from whatever master he knew before the world ended and the ways of old were torn asunder... as are the mega stone and chocker he sports.

He will not tolerate disrespect of his Lord from anyone, nor would he tolerate those who use their power to pummel and subjugate the weak and defenseless... he's even been called a "Pangoro wearing Salamence skin" multiple times in the past, infact.

Backstory:

Once the loyal Ace of a trainer long since dead, just as many others left behind. He has been a boon to the defenses of Sky Enclave since the very beginning, and will remain so until the very bitter end. Serving as both the Captain of the Guard and for all intents and purposes, the highest officer of the Enclave's warriors, he is surpassed in rank and authority only by the Sky Lord Himself. Even before the fall of the other Enclaves, his name was known and feared by shadows across the world. He is one of the few beings who have access to a signature move, and his is said to take the form of a dreaded song which spells the end of the world for those unlucky enough to hear it...

Whatever more to his history than this there might be, only Azauqyar and the highest ranking members of the enclave might have any clue.

Yes, it's shameless, but damn if I cared.

yeah well, get used to it.

The dead trainer's Ace thing I mean, not the Assery part. It was honestly funnier when dobbs did it. But yeah, you guys will be meeting alot of individuals who just so happen to be the left over aces and team members for trainers who didn't make it. Hell, I hear there's even a certain ampharos hanging around Sky Pillar somewhere... why, whoever could he have belonged to? What about the Dragonite guarding the front gates? Or the Dusknoir responsible for maintaining the Graves?

I was going to go for Ninjask but seeing as there's a bug type as well as a couple glass canons I'll go with a Psychic type. I already have a feeling strat is going to flood me with a few fixes seeing as it's been a while since I've RP'd

Name: Gan-mac the ii

Species: Kadabra
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 20
Starting Moveset:
-Confusion
-Kinesis
-Flash
-Teleport
Appearance: Gan-mac is an average sized Kadabra who sports a worn out bluish gray wizard's cap with a small cloak to match. Instead of a spoon, he wields a long wooden stick a little bit taller than he is in which the tip of the staff has a small oval shape carved into the shape of a spoon's tip. This staff however is more for decoration or walking and has no use in battle.
Personality: Gan-mac is a very hard to read Pokemon due to being on his own side. He's generally blunt and very cold towards his comrades only willing to cooperate due to sharing one same goal: a world without the Shade. While he is 37 years of age, his stats are quite weak for that much experience. Instead of fighting and growing, he used his moves to mess with Pokemon's minds so that he could escape and move around without fear and is more than willing to play dirty in order to live. Some could even consider him a coward. Despite being weak, he is quite intelligent living up to his species reputation learning about the world through what little books remain.
Personal History: When Gam-mac served under a trainer, he was merely used to help escape opponents by teleporting or blinding a wild Pokemon. He battled once in a great while, only ever to get a certain trick or skill down. His trainer was a male with questionable sexuality that was deeply into Pokemon contests and often taught his Pokemon moves to help show off in these contests. When the Holy War began, "Fluffykins" (his real name is Demitri) fled from his trainer knowing full well what was happening and sought shelter away from the corrupted mons. That was the last time he ever saw his old master never knowing what truly happened to him.
Demitri then spent the following years searching for answers while avoiding any conflict with the Shade. He even turned to tales of old alchemy which inspired to pick up a wizardry appearance including changing his name to reflect that. Despite all of his searching, it always came to naught. The world became more and more dangerous to the point he was eventually pushed to flee away from the infected world as his tricks could only carry him so far.
Nowhere was really safe in the world as he himself heard news of the gods falling one by one. Fate was on his side as he managed to pick the one Patreon that lasted the longest. Reaching the land was an ordeal as he had to teleport one rock at a time until he finally reached the isolated island called the Sky Pillar. It took him two days to recover from using such a power way beyond his limit.
Side note: Gan-mac the ii is an anaogram of the magician

only real issue here is that HMs do not exist in SoA. I never really liked them as features in the games and they honestly make no sense at all outside of them given their just the developers way to keep you from getting to certain areas before your either A) strong enough to make it through or B.)supposed to trigger the scripted events there to keep the story moving at the intended timeline.

Like really? Humans have to use a little CD-rom made out of spectracite just to teach a water type... to cross bodies of water? You see the logic fail there?

Aside from that point though, everything else is more or less OK. Dat irony though... a pokemon who researched magic and the arcane arts, when those very things were just how humans replicated the abilities they themselves once had as pokemon, but lost over the course of evolution

I really just wanted to have flash on him

I tried fixing it a little bit so hopefully that'll work (just the first sentence of personal history). Ah yes how funny it is that knowledge is lost over time only to be discovered in the future.

This is the finished product for now. If there's anything wrong with it then just tell me and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Name: Nocturne

Species: Zoroark

Ability: Illusion

Level: 50

Starting Moveset: Nasty Plot, Shadow Claw, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse

Appearance:

He is taller than most others of his species and has three claw marks cutting across the left side of his torso. Nocturne wears a

black choker around his neck with a silver crescent moon pendant, a blood red ruby dangling in the middle of the crescent moon. A gift given to him by his late trainer.

Personality:

Nocturne is quiet around others, not liking being around big groups of strangers. But he has learned to adapt over time. For in the dangerous world he lives in, it isn't always smart to go alone without having someone watching your back. He is more likely be much more open with a group he has gotten comfortable with, sometimes even joking around a bit with others. Though he doesn't like to show others his sadness and anger, preferring to hide behind illusions of indifference rather than facing the failures of his past. Using his built up frustrations to push himself past his limits in battle, sometimes edging close to overwhelming brutality in a fight.

Personal History:

Nocturne was the prized pokemon of a powerful trainer, together rising up the ranks and defeating gyms on their way to challenging the strongest trainers in their region. But their journey was cut short by the Holy War and the rise of the so called Shade. His trainer was forced to fight in the brutal war and he too fought alongside her, though he was forced to do it while being the parent of a lone baby Zorua.

Although they put up quite a fight, soon they too where overwhelmed by the power and numbers of Shade. When it was obvious that he and his trainer were fighting their last battle, Nocturne chose with a heavy heart to leave her in order to protect his child. Leaving his trainer to die while he ran away with the Zorua hidden in his long mane. Though the Shade did not allow him to escape easily, the savage pokemon chased after him even after the fight was won. Nocturne spent weeks running non-stop as he tried to find a safe place for him and his child, finally learning about the Sky Pillar after a long time of running. Hoping to find sanctuary there, he started the long journey towards the Sky Pillar.

Though he failed to find safety in time, being ambushed by more of the Shade on the journey there. In a desperate battle against a savage Haxorus, he did everything he could to protect his child. Pushing himself until he was inches from death, though in the end it wasn't enough. The Haxorus cruelly clawed Nocturne's side, deeply injuring him, while also killing the small Zorua violently in the midst of it's blind Outrage. The death of his child causing Nocturne to go into a desperate rage, letting rage fuel him as he clawed the dragon's throat out.

Once all was said and done, Nocturne was left extremely injured and without the will the live at the loss of his child and trainer. Laying down next to his daughter and awaiting death to take him too.

Miraculously, a nearby Gardevoir found him lying there hours later and healed him as best she could with her powerful Heal Pulse. Although not fully recovered, Nocturne lived on and spent weeks with the Gardevoir, named Lily, as she tried to heal his body into a full recovery. Although there was little she could do for the wounds inside of him, the death of his child causing him to mourn day and night. Once he was stable enough, he and Lily made their way to the Sky Pillar where she was originally heading too. Managing to reach the enclave without anymore casualties.

Although he still misses and mourns his daughter, Nocturne is thankful to Lily for giving him another chance of life. Joining the forces in the Sky Pillar to help in the fight against the Shade. Itching to get revenge for the savage murder of his loved ones.

Edited by Shadow Sketches