Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

11 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Thanks for the information about FN; I didn't know about that. I'll look for the FN key tomorrow/later today (currently 1:47 AM)

Steffi/Punkeev (art assistant for Spork) was able to play Spork with an Xbox controller and made a post here explaining the process: https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21393-pokemon-spork-episode-8-smoothie-delicias-delicious-dreamland/&page=67&tab=comments#comment-822352

That's a very adorable picture, and I'm happy replying made your day better! 🍨 (and congrats on the shiny Yungoos!)

cc0cacf43696703846f61b76e291a6e0.png6e5c72daaa144d997819be5a64405c28.png

thanks a bundle for the guide, I got my controller working pretty well for the time being, Ill fiddle more with it eventually.

found two more shinies today, kinda insane, I gotta ask, is it full odds? should I buy a lottery ticket?

• Like 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Lamb said:

cc0cacf43696703846f61b76e291a6e0.png6e5c72daaa144d997819be5a64405c28.png

thanks a bundle for the guide, I got my controller working pretty well for the time being, Ill fiddle more with it eventually.

found two more shinies today, kinda insane, I gotta ask, is it full odds? should I buy a lottery ticket?

I'm glad the controller works! Maybe you'll have the same luck with the lottery as shinies! iirc the shiny percentage is around ~1.7%. 

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork:

-added Snorunt Village, which is to the north of Norall Mountain, through a new entrance/opening in the mountain, Pandora appears in Snorunt Village after the post-Champion story

-Steffi fixed Pandora's walking animations

-changed Meda's nickname theme to flowers. The new names are Cosmos (Noctowl), Hawthorn (Blissey), Blossom (Sawsbuck), Poppy (Snorlax), Jasmine (Miltank), and Lavender (Audino)

-added a new statistics/demographic part of the characters section of the Data Vault, which lists each character's age, birthplace, favorite color, favorite season, favorite food, and nickname theme 

-trainers in the Battle VR now give BP when defeated 

-when the Soap Room is mentioned, before it was said that only Ceolis, Ivan, and Peach are allowed access; now it says that Meda is too

-at Crystal Caverns after getting the Mega Ring, when ICSW is explaining about Pandora, she also now mentions that her Froslass and Pandora's Froslass are sisters (which Pandora's Froslass also mentions at Snorunt Village)

also reuploaded DDDL with the fixed Pandora walking animations

• Like 1

Hey, i'm currently having an issue with umira as i cant access the astral observatory due to random tiles being in the way (issue shown in the image) was wondering if anyone could help me out with it? Thanks 

Umira.PNG

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Tepz said:

Hey, i'm currently having an issue with umira as i cant access the astral observatory due to random tiles being in the way (issue shown in the image) was wondering if anyone could help me out with it? Thanks 

Umira.PNG

That isn't where the Astral Observatory is. The Astral Observatory is to the north of Umira. When you surf, you should see three gates, and the gate to the right leads to the Astral Observatory. 

6 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That isn't where the Astral Observatory is. The Astral Observatory is to the north of Umira. When you surf, you should see three gates, and the gate to the right leads to the Astral Observatory. 

Sorry my bad, saw the taller looking building and just thought that my download had messed up somehow thank you anyway. Really great game so far, have had a lot of fun 🙂

• Like 1

'Allo, just popping in to say I've been enjoying this little light-hearted game of yours so far! Well, that and the fact that you managed to blindside me with the Holiday Pokemon. For some reason, I expected there to be one per season and was really curious to see what you'd do for the Summer one... only to have Valentine's Day show up instead! I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity to have it be a swoobat, but at least it fit in the the area it's in, right?

Also, I'm having a little too much fun with just swapping sprites all the time. Why be one person when you can just... be everyone and everything, and have everyone recognize you instantly anyway? That girl in the corner? That's Dia. Oh, you're curious about that cradily? That's Dia as well! Still confused as to how the guy who fought off an organization single-handedly is the same as the espurr that cried over lost donuts? Don't be- Dia's just magical like that~! 

• Like 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

'Allo, just popping in to say I've been enjoying this little light-hearted game of yours so far! Well, that and the fact that you managed to blindside me with the Holiday Pokemon. For some reason, I expected there to be one per season and was really curious to see what you'd do for the Summer one... only to have Valentine's Day show up instead! I feel like it was a bit of a missed opportunity to have it be a swoobat, but at least it fit in the the area it's in, right?

Also, I'm having a little too much fun with just swapping sprites all the time. Why be one person when you can just... be everyone and everything, and have everyone recognize you instantly anyway? That girl in the corner? That's Dia. Oh, you're curious about that cradily? That's Dia as well! Still confused as to how the guy who fought off an organization single-handedly is the same as the espurr that cried over lost donuts? Don't be- Dia's just magical like that~! 

I'm happy you're enjoying the game and the Holiday Pokemon feature! Swoobat does have a heart-shaped nose and I forgot to consider that when planning the Holiday Pokemon. I think I went with Starmie because of the area.

An Espurr with donuts is cute to imagine!

• Like 1

Hey! I've just got the Jelly badge and felt the needto sign up here to thank you for making this game. I am fairly new to this kind of fan games, I've played lots of hackroms before, but I started playing games made on rpgmaker quite recently. If there are more games with this quality I am in for a treat haha.

What I love the most is how detailed the game and the world are. I mean, every tv and every trash can say something unique. I wish I get to meet Nosy Nosepass sometime in story haha.

Also, the variety of pokemon makes it really interesting, specially the the fact that you can choose any first form pokemon as your starter, which is something I haven't seen anywhere else; that is what first caught my attention.

Furthermore, I am intrigued by the plot and the characters. The fact that every gym leader has a personality and is connected to the story somehow differs from most games where they are just there for fighting and giving badges.

Finally, I want to highligjt the sidequest. They are really varied and fun to do. I always love sidequest on games.

The only thigs I did not like so far are the music, which is no big deal as I can turn it down, and the nicknames on important battles, as I like to know which pokemon I am facing next. But again, neither of those things are a deal breaker, so I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Thank you!

• Like 2

• Global Mods
Just now, maxeneize said:

Hey! I've just got the Jelly badge and felt the needto sign up here to thank you for making this game. I am fairly new to this kind of fan games, I've played lots of hackroms before, but I started playing games made on rpgmaker quite recently. If there are more games with this quality I am in for a treat haha.

What I love the most is how detailed the game and the world are. I mean, every tv and every trash can say something unique. I wish I get to meet Nosy Nosepass sometime in story haha.

Also, the variety of pokemon makes it really interesting, specially the the fact that you can choose any first form pokemon as your starter, which is something I haven't seen anywhere else; that is what first caught my attention.

Furthermore, I am intrigued by the plot and the characters. The fact that every gym leader has a personality and is connected to the story somehow differs from most games where they are just there for fighting and giving badges.

Finally, I want to highligjt the sidequest. They are really varied and fun to do. I always love sidequest on games.

The only thigs I did not like so far are the music, which is no big deal as I can turn it down, and the nicknames on important battles, as I like to know which pokemon I am facing next. But again, neither of those things are a deal breaker, so I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Thank you!

I'm glad you're enjoying so many parts of the game! I always appreciate when people take the time to explore and notice the little details like the text on the TVs and trash cans. I also did my best with the Gym Leaders to give them personalities and have them appear outside the gym, since I also find it boring when they're only there for badges and never appear again with not much known about them. 

The nickname themes were actually added recently, in ep 8. I figured that since most people IRL name their pets, that people in the Pokemon world would name their Pokemon too. I did consider that people wouldn't know which Pokemon would be coming next but decided I still wanted to do it, and it was fun coming up with nickname themes. The wiki has the characters' teams though if you ever need that information! You can also search character names in the trainers.txt file in the PBS folder to see their teams. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm glad you're enjoying so many parts of the game! I always appreciate when people take the time to explore and notice the little details like the text on the TVs and trash cans. I also did my best with the Gym Leaders to give them personalities and have them appear outside the gym, since I also find it boring when they're only there for badges and never appear again with not much known about them. 

The nickname themes were actually added recently, in ep 8. I figured that since most people IRL name their pets, that people in the Pokemon world would name their Pokemon too. I did consider that people wouldn't know which Pokemon would be coming next but decided I still wanted to do it, and it was fun coming up with nickname themes. The wiki has the characters' teams though if you ever need that information! You can also search character names in the trainers.txt file in the PBS folder to see their teams. 

That might be helpful. I'll check that out.

Also, I forgot to mention I laughed several times with the cultural references and word plays. 

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded:

-added this dream I had as a sidequest, which is the new Tapu Fini quest

-changed the Terrakion quest; it starts in Technicolor Forest just south of Mable's treehouse and features Grape, Meda, Arnalda, Kayla, and the Infant Tree Infantry

-added Petilil Prairie, which is between Umira and Giggly Grasslands (the gate that previously went to Giggly Grasslands now goes to Petilil Prairie, and Petilil Prairie leads to Giggly Grasslands). Barker's house (locked until after post-Champion story) is here, and his postgame rematch was moved from the Gentleman's Club to the backyard of his house. You also meet Barker's family in his house

-on the subject of Barker's family, made some corrections. Previously it was said that Barker had two daughters, and a recently added Data Vault entry mentions that Barker's personal life is based on a shady businessman from Cerri that wears a pumpkin mask. I happened to be looking at an old conversation, and I remembered wrong. That businessman doesn't wear a pumpkin mask, "he's more of a tree", and he has a daughter and a son, not two daughters. I don't know how old his children are, but Barker's children are around older teens-young adults

-also updated some dialogue from the Game Corner encounter with Barker

the postgamerematches and legendarysidequests notepad files have been updated with this information

wcJG4oblcvPPAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

wH0cfGBeLcdVAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

3GzGt8J3rCsAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

(updated/added Game Corner Barker dialogue)

image.png.327eb7c915ea8b43b038b8a95bcca75e.png

image.png.d1ee2d43b6953d60663276ee531432f0.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing this and been enjoying it so far.

I'm at the forest opening and am trying to find a Venipede with it's Hidden Ability, Speed Boost but not having any luck. Is it possible to encounter wild Hidden Ability Pokemon for Pokemon with 2 normal abilities?

Also, I noticed in the PBS folder, pokemon.txt said that Venipede and Whirlipede's Hidden Ability is listed as Quick Feet instead of Speed Boost.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, next_order said:

Started playing this and been enjoying it so far.

I'm at the forest opening and am trying to find a Venipede with it's Hidden Ability, Speed Boost but not having any luck. Is it possible to encounter wild Hidden Ability Pokemon for Pokemon with 2 normal abilities?

Also, I noticed in the PBS folder, pokemon.txt said that Venipede and Whirlipede's Hidden Ability is listed as Quick Feet instead of Speed Boost.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

About third abilities: 

image.thumb.png.e4327d2e02068eca314e7fc1366dde6d.png

although in this case, since Venipede's hidden ability in the PBS in Quick Feet instead of Speed Boost, I'd need to edit the PBS file and then reupload the game. 

e9ucnjwijxw23-9un cvij ndskma I was really hoping I wouldn't have to reupload again until the Headphones Badge graphic and/or map revamps were complete, especially since all the download links are up to date now. 

I apologize for this but I really don't have the willpower to reupload at the moment or maybe in the near future at all 🙁 It's possible if you have or are able to get RPG Maker you could fix this from your end by changing that part of the PBS file from Quick Feet to Speed Boost, opening the game in RPG Maker, selecting Venipede from your party screen, going to "Debug" (an option that appears if you're playing in RPG Maker/debug mode), going to ability, and then changing it to Speed Boost. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

although in this case, since Venipede's hidden ability in the PBS in Quick Feet instead of Speed Boost, I'd need to edit the PBS file and then reupload the game. 

e9ucnjwijxw23-9un cvij ndskma I was really hoping I wouldn't have to reupload again until the Headphones Badge graphic and/or map revamps were complete, especially since all the download links are up to date now. 

I apologize for this but I really don't have the willpower to reupload at the moment or maybe in the near future at all 🙁 It's possible if you have or are able to get RPG Maker you could fix this from your end by changing that part of the PBS file from Quick Feet to Speed Boost, opening the game in RPG Maker, selecting Venipede from your party screen, going to "Debug" (an option that appears if you're playing in RPG Maker/debug mode), going to ability, and then changing it to Speed Boost. 

I don't mind trying but there are a few versions of RPG Maker so which one would you recommend?

Edited by next_order

Ok, managed to get it to work. Before it caused the game to get some sort of script error so I just deleted the whole thing and extracted it again. Thanks for the help.

I wanna ask, is the shiny rate in this game high? I got like 6 shinies already.

• Global Mods
51 minutes ago, next_order said:

Ok, managed to get it to work. Before it caused the game to get some sort of script error so I just deleted the whole thing and extracted it again. Thanks for the help.

I wanna ask, is the shiny rate in this game high? I got like 6 shinies already.

I'm glad you got it to work! And sorry about you needing to download RPG Maker; it probably would've been quicker and easier for me to reupload and then change Venipede's ability on your save file for you, but I was burned out on reuploads so I was hesitant to reupload again until something major is added/updated (which would be the Headphones Badge graphic that Steffi is working on, and the map remamps that Enigma is doing). But I've changed the Venipede line's hidden ability to Speed Boost for when the time comes for the next reupload. 

The shiny rate is around ~1.7% as mentioned in the FAQ.

6 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm glad you got it to work! And sorry about you needing to download RPG Maker; it probably would've been quicker and easier for me to reupload and then change Venipede's ability on your save file for you, but I was burned out on reuploads so I was hesitant to reupload again until something major is added/updated (which would be the Headphones Badge graphic that Steffi is working on, and the map remamps that Enigma is doing). But I've changed the Venipede line's hidden ability to Speed Boost for when the time comes for the next reupload. 

The shiny rate is around ~1.7% as mentioned in the FAQ.

No biggie. It was 75% cheaper on Steam than on rpgmakerweb for some reason, must be a region thing. It's just a minor thing anyway and besides, if there's any issue with Hidden Abilities again now I can try and fix it myself.

That's pretty high compared to the official games. But it's nice, now if only the shinies I find are pokemons that I would use 😛

Is it possible for me to be able to change my Pokemon team from files? or do i need RPG Maker?

I would also like to report a bug i found in 'Fork in the road' where when i walked into the left grass it showed a error tab and when i clicked off it my game closed (I think maybe a Pokemon wasn't coded right into the game at that point.), this was bad for me because i didn't save my progress of 2 gyms, a shiny Roserade, EV training, Clefairy leveling up from 2 - 43, Gardevoir and Gallade and vitamin buying (even though i wasted money on PP up and didn't just buy PP max) this loss of my save file kind of put me off the game but i did come back and i have everything back after 2 days (except shiny Roserade) by on and off grinding.

Also do you know what the 1.7 chance means, like is it a 1 in 7 chance?

• Global Mods
13 minutes ago, Answerpls said:

Is it possible for me to be able to change my Pokemon team from files? or do i need RPG Maker?

I would also like to report a bug i found in 'Fork in the road' where when i walked into the left grass it showed a error tab and when i clicked off it my game closed (I think maybe a Pokemon wasn't coded right into the game at that point.), this was bad for me because i didn't save my progress of 2 gyms, a shiny Roserade, EV training, Clefairy leveling up from 2 - 43, Gardevoir and Gallade and vitamin buying (even though i wasted money on PP up and didn't just buy PP max) this loss of my save file kind of put me off the game but i did come back and i have everything back after 2 days (except shiny Roserade) by on and off grinding.

Do you mean like having multiple save files each with a different team? If so, you can, and you don't need RPG Maker. You need to go into your PC's C drive -> Users -> your PC name -> Saved Games -> Pokemon Spork and in the Spork folder in Saved Games there should be a file called "Game". Change the name of the file, for example to something like Game1, and the next time you open Spork you'll have a new file which will be added to the Saved Games Spork folder. You can go back to your original file at any time by changing the name of the second file and then changing the original file's name back to Game. 

I'm not very good at explaining things, and I was going to find a video guide for how to find save files and such in Pokemon fangames in case it'd be more helpful to watch it being done, but I couldn't find the video I usually link people to. But there's also a guide on finding your save file on the website, here: https://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/save/

This guide was written for Pokemon Reborn but works with all fangames made with RMXP/Essentials. 

Do you remember any details about what the error message says? I haven't heard of an error like that, but if I'm understanding correctly, you got it when a wild encounter initiated in the grass? 

For the shiny Roserade, if you upload your save file here (using the instructions I wrote or by following the linked guide) I can give you a shiny Roserade; you can also specify the nature, EVs, IVs, moves, etc. that you want and I'll give them. 

@1.7 chance that's the percentage of the shiny rate; that's about as much as I'm able to explain since I don't know math beyond basic adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing (and even some of that wouldn't be easy for me if I tried).