Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

Sorry but I have tried Area S1 and all I get is her asking to go to another planet or battle and I have tried both options. Never mind had to go to another planet then go to area where Deoxys is.

Edited by Gohan

• Global Mods
44 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Sorry but I have tried Area S1 and all I get is her asking to go to another planet or battle and I have tried both options. Never mind had to go to another planet then go to area where Deoxys is.

I forgot she was in the area where the Deoxys are (I thought she was just outside the building and to the east), but you don't need to go to another planet first, she'll be there as long as you've spoken to Aurora about the snowball fight.

I should update the notepad file with this information, because if I was playing through the game for the first time without being the creator, I would've been confused about that too.

edit: reuploaded mentioning that with the notepad file

gymleaderplatequests.txt

• Like 1

Since Mimikyu's Disguise doesn't work and is the only Pokémon that doesn't get another working ability, can you perhaps give it another ability that it canonically doesn't have, but is actually useful? Perhaps Shadow Shield as I think thats the closest to Disguise you can get

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, apro said:

Since Mimikyu's Disguise doesn't work and is the only Pokémon that doesn't get another working ability, can you perhaps give it another ability that it canonically doesn't have, but is actually useful? Perhaps Shadow Shield as I think thats the closest to Disguise you can get

Reuploaded replacing Mimikyu's Disguise with Shadow Shield. 

pokemon.txt

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 8:13 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

@Hyljys the main story and the postgame are complete, but there are still a few things coming in future reuploads. 

image.thumb.png.2e461405654a5552de3eaf7a42bfd2b8.png

Thank you for responding, didn't see that part but good to know the game is basically finished. Looking forward to playing this!

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded adding shiny sprites (Reborn's) for the Pokemon Apro mentioned to not have them: Lycanroc Dusk, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, the USUM Ultra Beasts, and Zeraora. 

Also fixed a typo during Lee's postgame quest: "this placed had served its purpose" -> this place had served its purpose

For the individual fixes/updates:

Map168 is for the typo fix and goes in the Data folder

the other files here are the shiny sprites and go in Graphics -> Battlers

Originally I tried to just upload the Battlers folder so people who didn't want to redownload the whole game could get all of them at once instead of having to download each individual file, but when I tried to do that, mediafire went unresponsive before the upload even started. 

EDIT: another typo fix (Map109); Quinn said "you two" when Emily is there now so should be "you three"

EDIT2: Map031 fixes the positioning of a Latias during the Dragon Dinner Datenight at Cianosa Cafe, where the Latias wasn't at the table

(both 109 and 031 maps are in this post below the shiny sprites)

Map168.rxdata

719s.png

719sb.png

719s_1.png

719sb_1.png

720s.png

720sb.png

720s_1.png

720sb_1.png

721s.png

721sb.png

832s_2.png

832sb_2.png

833s.png

833sb.png

834s.png

834sb.png

835s.png

835sb.png

836s.png

836sb.png

837s.png

837sb.png

Map109.rxdata

Map031.rxdata

• Like 2

Last time I didn't bother with finding all missing shiny sprites, so here is some more:

Bounsweet, Steenee and Tsareena's shiny backsprites are named wrongly

Deerling's normal backsprites are named wrongly and there is an extra Spring form sprite in there

Red Basculin has an unused extra backsprite

Shaymin's backsprites are named wrongly, with an extra Land form sprite

Shiny megas are mostly missing(+primal Groudon, Kyogre)

Extra west sea Shellos/Gastrodon backsprite

Shiny female Milotic is missing

Diglett has 2 egg sprites

Shiny female Venusaur is missing

There are leftover unused sprites from reborn, like Rift Swalot and such

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, apro said:

Last time I didn't bother with finding all missing shiny sprites, so here is some more:

Bounsweet, Steenee and Tsareena's shiny backsprites are named wrongly

Deerling's normal backsprites are named wrongly and there is an extra Spring form sprite in there

Red Basculin has an unused extra backsprite

Shaymin's backsprites are named wrongly, with an extra Land form sprite

Shiny megas are mostly missing(+primal Groudon, Kyogre)

Extra west sea Shellos/Gastrodon backsprite

Shiny female Milotic is missing

Diglett has 2 egg sprites

Shiny female Venusaur is missing

There are leftover unused sprites from reborn, like Rift Swalot and such

There's also the shadow Weepinbell and Electabuzz sprites from base Essentials which I've been meaning to delete. 

For shiny female Milotic, that one was removed shortly before the release of ep 8, because Ceolis's Milotic is female and was the canon blue and yellow shiny instead of the deep sea shiny Milotic that Rainlove made. 

The others I didn't know about though. Thank you, I'll get those tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 5:29 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork! Reading this made me happy, and Delicia is my favorite too. 

Edit: 3 hours later, I just realized I forgot to answer your question about elemental punch tutors. There are move tutors at the Battle Frontier who teach them in exchange for BP in the postgame. @Fen (tagging you in case you already saw the post earlier when it didn't have the elemental punch answer in it)

I just reuploaded fixing this, along with a trainer this happens to in the Underwater Hotel, and an invisible NPC in the berry shop. 

If you don't want to redownload the game again, 

Map092 fixes the invisible berry shop NPC

Map187 fixes Scientist Esmeralda's battle

Map 205 and Map 272 fix Portal Agent Trixie's battles

these go in the Data folder

Map092.rxdata

Map187.rxdata

Map205.rxdata

Map272.rxdata

Hi! so how do we input the new rxdata into the folder cause if i just copy the item into it it makes it an internet file instead of an rxdata file?

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, TheAnimeGod said:

Hi! so how do we input the new rxdata into the folder cause if i just copy the item into it it makes it an internet file instead of an rxdata file?

Copying it into the folder (and replacing the old file when asked) is how to do it. I'm not sure why it would be making an internet file (by that do you mean a file that opens in your browser?), but if it doesn't seem like it'll stay an rxdata file, redownloading the game may be an easier option.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Copying it into the folder (and replacing the old file when asked) is how to do it. I'm not sure why it would be making an internet file (by that do you mean a file that opens in your browser?), but if it doesn't seem like it'll stay an rxdata file, redownloading the game may be an easier option.

yes its a file that opens in my browser 😞 but i redownloaded it either way, the game is amazing ❤️ i just get a glitch that shuts down my game at the elevator in the underwater hotel 😞

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, TheAnimeGod said:

yes its a file that opens in my browser 😞 but i redownloaded it either way, the game is amazing ❤️ i just get a glitch that shuts down my game at the elevator in the underwater hotel 😞

Is that the battle with the Portal agent? I thought that was fixed o . o

edit: oh wait, I just realized you meant earlier, since the post you replied to had the files for that

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following fixes:

-fixed all the incorrectly named shinies and removed the duplicates + the shadow Weepinbell and Electabuzz sprites and icons and the PULSE sprites from Reborn

-there's now a cancel option for the Battle Frontier's gem vendor

-can no longer surf in parts of South Virima that weren't meant to be reached or surfed 

-in the postgame rematch, Jim's Bibarel now has Sitrus Berry instead of Lum Berry, since Lum Berry defeats the purpose of Facade's secondary effect

-corrected Wingull and Pelipper's ability slots in pokemon.txt, so Triston's Pelipper now has Drizzle as intended

-during the inverse battles with Felicia, changed Pyroar's Passho Berry to Wise Glasses and Luxray's Air Balloon to Wacan Berry

-the tmlocationlist notepad file now mentions that Thunder is given by Stryker, and the extra one at Yellow Sea was removed

-fixed a typo during the Poke Radar quest where the scientist said that it "alters" Pokemon to your presence instead of alerts

-when the player defeats DJ Ultra Beats, the game now says that the player obtained the Headphones Badge instead of the Static Badge

-the Ace Assembly now introduce themselves when the player enters instead of leaves the building 

(because of all the different files that would be need to be uploaded individually here, including the shiny-related ones, it'd be easier from both ends if the game is just redownloaded, so I didn't include the files in the post this time)

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded with the following fixes:

-(re?)-fixed the issue of a (non-game breaking) error message popping up in certain situations where poison status is activated against a Steel or Poison types 

-added placeholder backsprites and icons for the Pokemon not meant to be obtained by the player (Kayla, the other human ones from the Battle VR, extended Ribombee, and the Hex Manaic Ditto transformation) so that viewing their forms in the Pokedex doesn't cause the game to crash 

@MachuPixu I tested by downloading and everything was there for me, so I'm not sure why that happened. But I just reuploaded, so maybe trying now will work?

• Like 2

• Global Mods

Reuploaded fixing two typos:

-the NPC in the Underwater Hotel who gives you a Lava Cookie, after speaking to her again said "I'd be lying if I didn't appreciate the profits from them", now says "I'd be lying if I said I didn't appreciate the profits from them"

-during the sixth legendary quiz, after answering the final question correctly: helped stopped -> helped stop

also, a few other things I meant to mention two reuploads ago, but was too tired at the time (I took a nap after I did that reupload):

-The tile passability errors in Forest of Feeling where you can walk through a lot of tree and mountain tiles are back, but this is intentional. Forest of Feeling lagged a lot because I was using tileset graphic events to overwrite the tiles that could be still be walked through even though they were set to non-passable in the tileset. Maps start to lag when they have around 200 events on them (the lag in the dream starter selection is also because there are so many events with all the Pokemon being there). I decided that being able to walk through trees and mountain tiles was preferable to the lag. 

-When I first released episode 8, I said a few nickname themes may not be final, mainly Mulder, and I should've included Meda in that too. Currently Mulder's nickname theme is wrestling moves. Palletite suggested names of wrestlers as an alternative, and I like that idea better. For Meda, her current nickname theme is the five senses, + Dream for Snorlax because I couldn't think of anything else for it (ESP is considered a sixth sense, but I don't think that would fit Snorlax). At the time I thought it was a neat nickname idea, but because I wasn't able to make Snorlax fit in the theme, I considered changing it. One idea I had was healers and medics from video games, but I don't know that many, and the ones I do know I either don't know much about because I haven't played the games they're from, or there'd be overlap with another character's nickname theme (ex: Kiriko from 100% Orange Juice is a medic, but Orange already has a 100% Orange Juice nickname theme). I could do research like I did for some themes, but I'd still have limited knowledge about the healers/medics since I wouldn't have played the games, and could be missing out on ones that fit them better (like with Raymond's nicknames being Ace Attorney characters, Palletite came up with the nicknames he has; she's played Ace Attorney and I haven't). So new nickname themes for Meda are still in consideration.

Here are the individual typo fix maps; these go in the Data folder. 

Edit: map270 for Guardian not being capitalized during Nosy Nosepass interview, map272 for strange spacing/line skip during Felicia dialogue

Map267.rxdata

Map205.rxdata

Map270.rxdata

Map272.rxdata

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

08d1115e412eefdaced8c8771646d0de.png.9aedd42ad27743452fbeb9d79cdd0b4f.pngc98d368756ff1b5c3312e3bf822b9da3.png.1977435bcd59bcdbedcc2691cb479f5b.pngf48826f8f5eeddc847144891481aa573.png.66458d8db14f3aac4e4987b4b34f13cc.png

Im sure stuff like this has been said before, but Mareep has been my favorite pokemon for a long time, since crystal was my first game, and it helped me through the first gym when my chikorita was struggling, and then to help Amphy later in the story just kinda solidified it for me. As such I was hunting a modest one in the training room right at the beginning, I found one and started to train it and then I accidentally hit a button (still dont know which one) and it sped the game up a lot, I didnt like that, and in trying to undo it I discovered that f12 is a soft reset. Thus losing hours of progress. Then I decided to come back and I got a sandile that I soft reset for, a lovely little jolly moxie situation, and headed off to earn some money to buy pokeballs and come back to get my mareep back. I spent at least 3 hours looking and resetting so I wouldnt lose all my balls, and I was rewarded with this precious baby, who cares if hes a little slow, who really expects ampharos to be fast anyway. Since I remember your self insert also had a shiny mareep, I couldnt help but come make an account and share my story.

I hope you continue to make wonderful roms, thank you so much for this one (even though Ive barely started it, haha)

• Like 2

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Lamb said:

08d1115e412eefdaced8c8771646d0de.png.9aedd42ad27743452fbeb9d79cdd0b4f.pngc98d368756ff1b5c3312e3bf822b9da3.png.1977435bcd59bcdbedcc2691cb479f5b.pngf48826f8f5eeddc847144891481aa573.png.66458d8db14f3aac4e4987b4b34f13cc.png

Im sure stuff like this has been said before, but Mareep has been my favorite pokemon for a long time, since crystal was my first game, and it helped me through the first gym when my chikorita was struggling, and then to help Amphy later in the story just kinda solidified it for me. As such I was hunting a modest one in the training room right at the beginning, I found one and started to train it and then I accidentally hit a button (still dont know which one) and it sped the game up a lot, I didnt like that, and in trying to undo it I discovered that f12 is a soft reset. Thus losing hours of progress. Then I decided to come back and I got a sandile that I soft reset for, a lovely little jolly moxie situation, and headed off to earn some money to buy pokeballs and come back to get my mareep back. I spent at least 3 hours looking and resetting so I wouldnt lose all my balls, and I was rewarded with this precious baby, who cares if hes a little slow, who really expects ampharos to be fast anyway. Since I remember your self insert also had a shiny mareep, I couldnt help but come make an account and share my story.

I hope you continue to make wonderful roms, thank you so much for this one (even though Ive barely started it, haha)

Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos are my favorite Pokemon, so reading this made me really happy! 

Sorry about you losing all that progress. I know the numbered f keys have certain functions like that in Essentials, like resetting or registering key items, but they've never worked for me because those keys do different things on my laptop (f5 = registering key items, but for me it changes my laptop screen's brightness), so I might not have been able to provide caution or know how to change them. For speedup, alt is the button that speeds up the game, and you can press it again to return the speed back to normal. I'm glad you were able to find shiny Mareep again though!

Oh, Delicia actually isn't my self-insert ^^ although she is my favorite character. I do have a self-insert but she's met late in the game; her name is the same as my username on this forum. 

I originally was going to keep this secret until it was ready, but @ your last sentence, I'm still working on more content for Spork, and your post made me so happy that I'll post screenshots. 

cNCvyZAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

oAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos are my favorite Pokemon, so reading this made me really happy! 

Sorry about you losing all that progress. I know the numbered f keys have certain functions like that in Essentials, like resetting or registering key items, but they've never worked for me because those keys do different things on my laptop (f5 = registering key items, but for me it changes my laptop screen's brightness), so I might not have been able to provide caution or know how to change them. For speedup, alt is the button that speeds up the game, and you can press it again to return the speed back to normal. I'm glad you were able to find shiny Mareep again though!

Oh, Delicia actually isn't my self-insert ^^ although she is my favorite character. I do have a self-insert but she's met late in the game; her name is the same as my username on this forum. 

I originally was going to keep this secret until it was ready, but @ your last sentence, I'm still working on more content for Spork, and your post made me so happy that I'll post screenshots. 

cNCvyZAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

oAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

okie dokes! Im really excited that you replied, firstly, maybe even a little star-struck.

That said, I think your laptop also has a function key labelled FN in the bottom right of the keyboard, that will allow you to use "normal" function of your F (function?) keys.

Now, OHMYGOSHMORECONTENTANDISTILLHAVENTLEFTTHEFIRSTTOWN.

OKAY okay, alright anyway >.> I'm sorry for assuming incorrectly about Delicia! But I am very glad to find someone else who appreciates the lovely sheep and Kangaroo-esque electric family. I have now added a swablu to my little roster, and we are just finishing up some (admittedly way over grinded) EV training to be nice and ready for any and everything you have in store for us!

Lastly, I see in the "f1" menu that there are some options for keyboard and gamepad controls? But I have had no luck with my own gamepad (an xbox controller I normally use for roms). I understand that this was made in rpgmaker xp, or at least it shares that file type, and I have absolutely no experience with that program, so I was curious if you had some insight you might be able to share to me?

PS here is a cute picture of isabelle enjoying some much deserved peanut butter for being the bestest girl in smash. Thanks again for replying! it really made my already awesome day even better!

image0 (44).jpgab4621c5516a6cec9c3915a069d95bbe.png

QUICK EDIT I FOUND A SHINY YUNGOOS

Edited by Lamb
  • Like 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Lamb said:

okie dokes! Im really excited that you replied, firstly, maybe even a little star-struck.

That said, I think your laptop also has a function key labelled FN in the bottom right of the keyboard, that will allow you to use "normal" function of your F (function?) keys.

Now, OHMYGOSHMORECONTENTANDISTILLHAVENTLEFTTHEFIRSTTOWN.

OKAY okay, alright anyway >.> I'm sorry for assuming incorrectly about Delicia! But I am very glad to find someone else who appreciates the lovely sheep and Kangaroo-esque electric family. I have now added a swablu to my little roster, and we are just finishing up some (admittedly way over grinded) EV training to be nice and ready for any and everything you have in store for us!

Lastly, I see in the "f1" menu that there are some options for keyboard and gamepad controls? But I have had no luck with my own gamepad (an xbox controller I normally use for roms). I understand that this was made in rpgmaker xp, or at least it shares that file type, and I have absolutely no experience with that program, so I was curious if you had some insight you might be able to share to me?

PS here is a cute picture of isabelle enjoying some much deserved peanut butter for being the bestest girl in smash. Thanks again for replying! it really made my already awesome day even better!

image0 (44).jpgab4621c5516a6cec9c3915a069d95bbe.png

QUICK EDIT I FOUND A SHINY YUNGOOS

Thanks for the information about FN; I didn't know about that. I'll look for the FN key tomorrow/later today (currently 1:47 AM)

Steffi/Punkeev (art assistant for Spork) was able to play Spork with an Xbox controller and made a post here explaining the process: https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21393-pokemon-spork-episode-8-smoothie-delicias-delicious-dreamland/&page=67&tab=comments#comment-822352

That's a very adorable picture, and I'm happy replying made your day better! 🍨 (and congrats on the shiny Yungoos!)

• Like 1