Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

So I am unable to fish in western waterway. Is that on purpose?

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot. Pokedex entries are something like this:

qDUtQgR.jpg

I just checked and I can't either. You're supposed to be able to fish there. I have the encounters listed in the PBS files and the terrain tags are correct, so I'm not sure why fishing is impossible there.

The Pokedex entries are intended to say what they say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Something of note.

15795eb14d4c430d9e4067e3e3974870.png

8427567dff73484db39356ba99307bbf.png

I realized "Reborn has a nature changer, so what if there was someone who could change the type of a Pokemon's Hidden Power?" so this is going to be a thing now. The Hidden Power changer will either be in episode 2 or 3 (I haven't decided which yet; there are two places I'm considering putting them).

Each individual HP type is programmed in along with HP itself (all the Unown in the Unown Horde battle have a specific HP type) so it'll basically be a move tutor who can teach any HP.

Also, 1.6 isn't only for map updates. I'm also adding a few events/sidequests (and polishing some misc things, which I'll mention when 1.6 comes out). Here's one in a new room of the Trainer's School that I had way too much fun making.

f1e2ed8c6c574083a29e4972310eba33.png

And, since I showed a WIP version of Virima (episode 1's part of it, anyway):

94955216e86f42e79f6ebb241816a5e3.png

Hidden Power is determined by IVs. So to change the hidden power type, you have to alter the pokemon's IVs. Except if you manage to find a loophole (or if you make the IV range to be between 30 and 31 so the npc just changes 1's and 0's)

• Global Mods

Hidden Power is determined by IVs. So to change the hidden power type, you have to alter the pokemon's IVs. Except if you manage to find a loophole (or if you make the IV range to be between 30 and 31 so the npc just changes 1's and 0's)

"Each individual HP type is programmed in along with HP itself (all the Unown in the Unown Horde battle have a specific HP type) so it'll basically be a move tutor who can teach any HP."

To clarify, this means that along with the IV-determined Hidden Power, I also programmed in Hidden Power moves for each individual type, meaning each one also exists as its own move. Here's what the data for the Unown Horde battle looks like:

#-------------------
UNOWN
Horde
UNOWN,35,CHOICESCARF,HIDDENPOWERDAR
UNOWN,35,CHOICESCARF,HIDDENPOWERFIG
UNOWN,35,CHOICESCARF,HIDDENPOWERFAI
UNOWN,35,CHOICESCARF,HIDDENPOWERBUG
UNOWN,35,CHOICESCARF,HIDDENPOWERGHO
UNOWN,40,CHOICESPECS,HIDDENPOWERPSY,,,,,,,shiny
These don't rely on IVs, only the canon/original Hidden Power move does.

• Global Mods

aa41183d9bcb4704883ce578e81d73b7.png

Based on a conversation with SPB from before I even thought about making a fangame that I just remembered yesterday, starting in 1.6 players will be able to choose any first-form Pokemon as a starter. This includes standalones but does not include legendaries, which are all postgame sidequests.

It took me a little under 3 1/2 hours of nonstop eventing to do this.

• Global Mods

INTRODUCING HOLIDAY POKEMON

There are four Pokemon in the Ceolis region known as "Holiday Pokemon", each representing a specific holiday with appropriate colors. These four Pokemon can't be caught, as they're under the ownership of Isabelle, who you may remember being mentioned along with her actions. (I've made these their shiny colorations, so you can still find them in the wild) However, you can become a holiday Pokemon yourself! By defeating one in battle, the holiday Pokemon will alter your appearance to look like them, as shown below in the second pic:

da836dbdb11e4bfd89b4fd30189ea1a4.png

2ea2072318284586b64a454ab69dd3d5.png

You can change back to your regular self by speaking to the holiday Pokemon again, and you can change back to the Pokemon at any time.

There will be one holiday Pokemon per episode. Episode 1's is the Halloween Espurr shown above. I won't give away the other Holiday Pokemon species, but I will say that Episode 2's represents Christmas and Episode 3's represents Valentine's Day. I haven't yet decided on the fourth Holiday Pokemon's holiday, and suggestions are welcome.

While I was putting in the data for the Halloween Espurr battle, I learned that it's possible to change the type of Poke Ball an opposing trainer uses for their Pokemon when they're being sent out. So I changed them to match the ones used in specific characters' sprites. Meaning Jim's Pokemon now come out in Quick Balls, Chelsea's come out in Dive Balls, and everyone from Team Portal's come out in Premier Balls. I thought it was really neat that Palettite used different kinds of Poke Balls for some of the characters' sprites, so I'm happy to have found out this can be done with trainers sending out a Pokemon to represent that during battle! ^_^ Shown below, Chelsea sending out Mantine in a Dive Ball:

a4632a7f85df4a0dae2565388838a524.png

I'm making Wonky Woods even more wonky. This is my favorite map of episode 1 to do.

There will be one holiday Pokemon per episode. Episode 1's is the Halloween Espurr shown above. I won't give away the other Holiday Pokemon species, but I will say that Episode 2's represents Christmas and Episode 3's represents Valentine's Day. I haven't yet decided on the fourth Holiday Pokemon's holiday, and suggestions are welcome.

This is a cool idea!!! :D

Some suggestions for other holidays (I assume you'd like things happening within the next 6 months or so given that you seem to be going in order): Thanksgiving and Easter. I also thought of Mother's Day and Father's day but I can't really think of pokemon that would fit those...

I did have another cool idea (but it's completely optional and at your discretion given I have no idea how much work it would take): make areas accessible only while you're in those forms. It doesn't have to be a huge map or anything, but maybe it could let you get a certain sought after items (eg. focus sash) hidden in small rooms? If you're going to be using the pokemon I'm imagining for christmas you could have a hidden nest or something that's only accessible in that form?

Just a thought :)

I'm making Wonky Woods even more wonky. This is my favorite map of episode 1 to do.

Yay :) That was one of my favourite parts of the map too :) (The other being the beach for some reason)

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

This is a cool idea!!! :D

Some suggestions for other holidays (I assume you'd like things happening within the next 6 months or so given that you seem to be going in order): Thanksgiving and Easter. I also thought of Mother's Day and Father's day but I can't really think of pokemon that would fit those...

I did have another cool idea (but it's completely optional and at your discretion given I have no idea how much work it would take): make areas accessible only while you're in those forms. It doesn't have to be a huge map or anything, but maybe it could let you get a certain sought after items (eg. focus sash) hidden in small rooms? If you're going to be using the pokemon I'm imagining for christmas you could have a hidden nest or something that's only accessible in that form?

Just a thought :)

Yay :) That was one of my favourite parts of the map too :) (The other being the beach for some reason)

Thanks for the suggestions! Holiday Pokemon exclusive areas are an awesome idea, and I'll definitely include them! :D I'll do Espurr's while working on making Wonky Woods wonkier.

I think for the Mother's Day and Father's Day idea, it could be a double battle against a male and female Pokemon, with the choice of which one to become, and different areas accessible for each. I have a duo of Pokemon in mind for it if I decide to go with those holidays.

Thanks for the suggestions! Holiday Pokemon exclusive areas are an awesome idea, and I'll definitely include them! :D I'll do Espurr's while working on making Wonky Woods wonkier.

I think for the Mother's Day and Father's Day idea, it could be a double battle against a male and female Pokemon, with the choice of which one to become, and different areas accessible for each. I have a duo of Pokemon in mind for it if I decide to go with those holidays.

Glad you like the ideas :) Hope it goes well for you, and I look forward to trying this out when you're done :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

1.6 is now out! This will be the final update before episode 2. It has a massive amount of additions and changes.

BUG FIXES

-Gen 6 mechanics should now be working properly

-You can now fish in Western Waterway

-The game no longer asks if you want to teach Blizzard to Orange's Rotom before battling her

SPRITE UPDATES (credit goes to Palletite for these)

-Frank and Sierran's back sprites have been updated

-Sierran's overworld sprites and battle sprite have been updated

-Emily now has a back sprite, and her battle sprite has been updated

-The color of the dentist's uniform has been changed. He also has a battle sprite, but the player won't see this in-game as he isn't battled until episode 2.

-I used some of Taboo's shiny Pokemon sprites, and also made shiny Espurr Halloween colors for its Holiday Pokemon event

MAP UPDATES

Almost all maps have received updates. Some of the most notable changes include:

-Virima Town is now Virima City, with episode 1's part of it being a small suburb (the bigger part will be explored in episode 2). There are also more houses in Virima now.

-Houses and various other buildings have been made smaller due to previously being way bigger than necessary

-Added a study room and a practice arena to the Trainer's School

-The Forest of Feeling is now purple-ish/pink-ish instead of gold. The battle background has been recolored to reflect this.

-A new building (tent actually) has been added to Gellene Town called False Fortunes

-A new map called Halloween Hideout in Wonky Pond. Must be Halloween Espurr to enter.

NEW SIDEQUESTS + EVENTS

-Holiday Pokemon feature added

-4 Marbles have been added. Actually 7, but 3 of those require Surf which is obtained in episode 2. I also made a Marble location list since there are going to be 100 of them total.

Not including Marble-related business, there are 5 new sidequests, 2 of which will span all 4 episodes of Spork (one of those 2 being False Fortunes which goes as far as the postgame).

POKEMON AVAILABILITY (obtainability list has been updated with this information)

-Players can now choose any first-form or standalone Pokemon as their starter, excluding legendaries

-Chingling, Shuppet, Duskull, and Zubat are now obtainable as wild encounters in the Halloween Hideout

-Fennekin event added

-Metal Coat and King's Rock are findable to get Steelix and Slowking or Politoed ("or" because there's one currently available)

MISC UPDATES

-Emily now gives 5 Poke Balls at the Tourist Info Center in addition to the Pokedex

-The Poke Balls shown when a trainer sends out their Pokemon in battle now match the type of Poke Ball shown in the character's sprite

-The name of the Psychic trainer class has been changed to Mystic. I kept the teams for the ones in episode 1 the same, but in the future expect them to also use Ghost and Fairy types in addition to Psychic.

-The move tutor in Cianosa has been removed. She'll be in Olidroll City in episode 2. I actually planned on removing her before the initial release of episode 1, but forgot I placed her in Cianosa to begin with.

-Grace's name has been changed to Draga. I don't really have the energy to explain the reason behind the name change right now and it goes beyond Spork into personal life territory. But about the name itself, Draga is a Slavic name meaning "dear" or "precious".

-Minor dialogue additions for the Crolea scene at Western Waterway and to Quinn in the BCC Building.

-The item icons for the Kee and Maranga Berries are now the same size as the rest of the berries instead of being 1/4 their size

-Added Swirlix to Delicia's team in the library battle

If you don't plan on starting a new file for 1.6, I'd strongly recommend saving in a Pokemon Center or Pokemart before updating, as they're one of the few places that were untouched. Although I really think it's worth starting over for with how much has been added and changed ^^'

I would like to thank Sweet Power Baby and Palletite for their help with 1.6. SPB offered suggestions for map changes and event details, and Palletite continued with amazing sprite work! :D

also @ Spark Dynamo: there's now an Ability Capsule in episode 1 :)

• Upvote 1

You probably don't wanna do anymore with the game as of Episode 1 but I got this cool new item in my bag today. I think it was the link stone/link heart equivalent based on it's positioning in the bag, how many I had, etc.

Also, Halloween Espurr's left moving and up moving sprites were switched.

• Global Mods

You probably don't wanna do anymore with the game as of Episode 1 but I got this cool new item in my bag today. I think it was the link stone/link heart equivalent based on it's positioning in the bag, how many I had, etc.

Also, Halloween Espurr's left moving and up moving sprites were switched.

...oops, I forgot about this. This happens with Link Stones and Marbles obtained pre-1.6 (if you obtain one of these items with a pre-1.6 save file after updating though, it will work). I think it happens because I deleted the 6th gen Exp Share from the items data as I didn't plan on having it in (it's a separate item in Essentials from the Gen 1-5 Exp Share) and had to rearrange item numbers and such afterwards. I didn't know deleting an item would cause this to happen and I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it universally, but I can fix it individually. If you send me your save file I'll remove the blank item from your bag and give you 15 Link Stones. If you have the 2 Marbles that were obtainable in 1.5 I'll give you those too (although the game will still know you have them as I have a control variable called "Marble Count" for when I place Marbles). I'll do this for anyone with a pre-1.6 save file, and I'll make a note of this in the Known Bugs list in the OP.

• Global Mods

I think you should add some screenshots to the main post.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I'd been meaning to do that for weeks but kept forgetting. There are now screenshots in the OP.

I also re-uploaded 1.6 to correct two oversights I made.

1: When Litwick asks if the player is a buoy or a grill, I forgot to update Sierran's intro scene sprite to her new battle sprite for 1.6.

2: There were trees blocking the way to the Beedrillite in Aliora Meadow, so it was impossible to obtain.

Both of those have been fixed in the new download link. Also I realized the small trees in the Forest Opening could be walked through, so I fixed that too.

• Upvote 1