Mid Season - Challenge Suggestions

Deleted User

Hey guys, so we'd like to hear what ideas you all might have for challenges in the 2nd half of the season. We may or may not use the entire idea or parts of it. Now I just want to make clear. We are not trying to limit what pokemon are able to be used but rather change the ways in which the competitors use the pokemon available to them.

Oh side note: Upvote the couple challenges you like the most.

How about we have 2 opposing nations share a type and that be giving to them a s a 4th randomized type like Phantom Vulcan V Avalon randomize says normal both can use normal types but a nation cant get a type they already have and they must use a pokemon of the randomized type no mater what

Edited by NovaKnight

I think it would be neat to have challenges in past generations. No specific challenges come to mind to add to it, but it would be nice to battle in something other than gen 6 tbh.

Killing one of their types? Does Gaia really need to be nerfed that badly?

I'd like to see something where each nation creates a blacklist of three or so mons that their opponents aren't permitted to use.

Also, I'd like to see a match in LC as well.

EDIT: And one I just thought up that's probably a horrible idea, but a week where you are only permitted to use mons that are either exclusively your type, or can be used by your opponents as well.

Edited by Drymus

Alright, here we go:

BerryMon: Only allow players to use Berries as held items.

CoverageMon: Forbid the use of moves that receive STAB bonus from the user.

Super Heal Block: Forbid all methods of recovery. This includes standard recovery moves, items that recover HP, and abilities that restore HP.

MultiMon: Removes species clause, allowing players to use up to 6 same Pokemon in a team.

Unique Moves: No Pokemon on the team can share the same move with another Pokemon on the team.

Accessorize (Not to be confused with the Smogon OM): Only allow held items that can be worn as accessories. For example: Bands, scarves, specs, sashes, etc.

Edited by IntSys

Hometown Advantage:

You are only allowed to use Pokemon that are exclusive to that region. All other crossovers are removed except Kanto crossovers. No bullshit with dual-slot. No legendaries.

Routing:

You can only use Pokemon found in Routes. No roaming Pokemon.

Mythical Creatures:

You may only use Mythical or Folk-Lore sequel Pokemon. Ex: Dunsparce is based of a mythical Japanese snake, Vulpix based of a Fox.

Class E:

All your Pokemon must be below 70 base Speed.

Class SS:

All your Pokemon must be above 100 base speed.

Death Stake Challenge:

All Pokemon must carry an item that hurts them with a status. No immunities. Ex: Amoonguss must carry Fire Orb, Entei must carry Toxic Orb. No throwing items, no trick/Switcheroo.

Killing one of their types? Does Gaia really need to be nerfed that badly?

I'd like to see something where each nation creates a blacklist of three or so mons that their opponents aren't permitted to use.

Also, I'd like to see a match in LC as well.

EDIT: And one I just thought up that's probably a horrible idea, but a week where you are only permitted to use mons that are either exclusively your type, or can be used by your opponents as well.

The blacklist idea was a thing in Nations 1 actually

Rainbow Gen: You must use 1 pokemon from each generation. Megas do not count as gen 6.

Build Your Opponent's Team: The opponent selects the pokemon their opponent will use. The user selects the attacks that team has.

Attack Type Draft: LIke the regular nation draft, except the nations can only use attacks corresponding to the types they get in the draft. Normal type available to all.

Attack Nations: Each nation can only use attacks belonging to the types of their opponent. So if it was Gaia vs Ravenholts, we would only be allowed to use Normal, Ground, and Fairy type pokemon using Poison, Dark, and Ice attacks. Likewise, Ravenholts would only be allowed to use Poison, Dark, and Ice pokemon using Normal, Ground, and Fairy attacks. Although I would still suggest Normal type attacks are available to all.

Build Your Opponent's Team: The opponent selects the pokemon their opponent will use. The user selects the attacks that team has.

This one would need some restrictions like no mons below the tier that the nation is playing or something or else you could just give someone a team of Caterpie, Weedle, Magikarp, Corsola, Scatterbug, and Wurmple, for example.

All of these are probably terrible, but:

A Distinct Lack of Choice: Every 'mon must use an item that restricts move selection (Choice items/AV)

STABBity/National Pride: Each 'mon can only use moves that either gain STAB or are otherwise part of the Nation's type. (Like Dragon's one, but also allowing for STAB).

Best Frenemies: Opponents share their type pools for the week.

Battle Royale: Every Nation battling each other. 3 Nations with the most wins take the wins for the week.

Team Battle: Split the 6 Nations into 2 teams. Team which picks up 2 Nation victories takes the victory for their entire team.

Contest in Context: Each Nation selects a contest type - All moves used in battle must be of that particular contest type.

Pokedex Algebra: Each 'mon in your team must share a digit in their National Dex number with one other 'mon in the team.

Every Pokemon is Special: Any 'mon can only be used once among the teams used by a given Nation (i.e. if one Ravenholt member uses Bisharp, no other Ravenholt can) - This may require the team submission rule again.

And one I'm not sure is possible:

Mutual Respect: Each 'mon in a team must be part of the opposing Nation's type pool, in addition to your own Nations' (i.e., Heliolisk (Normal/Electric) in a Gaia (Normal) vs Avalon (Electric) matchup).

Gods and Followers: This is an OM of the month that you choose 1 pokemon as your god and the rest of the team must share a type with it. The god MUST belong on your nation's types but its secondary typing can be anything!

Mix & Mega: Another OM of the month that lets every pokemon mega evolve according to the mega stone it holds!

LC in 100: Standard LC rules, but the pokemon must be 100 lvl instead of 5 (that way Sonicboom and Dragon Rage won't be broken)

1v1: You bring a full team but you choose only 1 mon to fight.

Anything Goes no Uber edition: Practiacaly no clauses (sleep clause, species clause etc.) but no Uber mons allowed

basically this

also

I think it would be neat to have challenges in past generations. No specific challenges come to mind to add to it, but it would be nice to battle in something other than gen 6 tbh.

kinda opposed to this idea. most people that are familiar with the competitive scene pre-gen V, are already our more experienced players, while some newer players may have no idea how things went in gen V or earlier competitive. this may give the more experienced players even more of an advantage than they already have over newer, less experienced players.

note: im not saying that all good players have been around since gen IV-V already, and that all players that started in VI are inexperienced. just saying as an overall note that people that have only just started competitive may not know anything about pre-gen VI competitive.

How about a challenge where everyone in a nation needs to have one pokemon in common, as one pokemon would have to be repeated in every team (national memes, such as [sCREEEE and Clarice would be preferred)?

Bare-Bones: No EV's or held items (including mega stones) and must have neutral nature (Hardy, Bashful, etc)

Gener-Nations: Each nation is assigned a different Generation (1-6) and can only use Pokemon from that Generation.

EDIT: Meant Hardy* not Hasty