Best DUAL-TYPING in Reborn!!

Debojit97

I have been thinking of creating this one for a while..

Dual type pokemons can be helpful in every game, in reborn too.So, here you can share the dual typed pokemon(s) that helped (or, helping) you most in the play and how.

Though Reborn is a game where only type advantages can't decide a battle, that makes me more curious to know what is your favourite or useful dual typing in the game.

Here's mine ......and it's GROUND+ROCK(Graveler).

Made every tough battle easy....Broke Serra with the field.... The Pulse Abra...Terra's RAWRCHOMP....that Mewtwo..Charlotte...Ciel.

Waiting for your opinion.

I agree with Delphox having the best. Fire/Psychic allows you to hit all three rivals' main types (Victoria's Fighting, Cain's Poison, and Fern's Grass) for super-effective STAB damage. It can easily dispatch some of the hardest gyms currently in the game (the Grass gym, the Poison gyms, the Fighting gyms, and the ever annoying Ice gym).

I'd say it's a three way tie between Ground/Ice, Steel/Electric and Psychic/Fairy. Mamoswine, Magneton (not far enough in Reborn to evolve it into Magnezone) and Gardevoir have all been incredibly helpful on my run. If I had to pick one of the three, I'd vote for Ground/Ice...which may or may not be at least partially because the Mamoswine I use is shiny.

Definitely fire/psychic typing through delphox, it gets advanatages against all your rivals, all the pulses and a lot of gym leaders. Also the gym leaders whose typing who are done twice due to death are weak against delphox's phsychic type. On top of that it gets field manipulation against through fire pledge which makes shelly a joke.

Steel and anything else, of course. Steel types are superior by nature. I'd say Steel/Electric for my trademark Magnezone, and Steel/Psychic for my other trademark Metagross, easily the best defensive typings around. Why, Magnezone resists 11 out of 18 types, 13 out of 17 before Reborn became updated for Gen6. Add Magnet Rise and boom, its ground weakness is gone too.

Because of the field effects and current gym leader line up, Fire types are pretty busted in Reborn. Combine that with a great offensive typing like fighting, and that's that. Blaziken is basically the best obtainable Pokemon in the game for a reason. (Fantastic typing, Good stats and movepool, and broken ability)

Edited by Personthing

Against all odds..... Dragon/Ground even though its x4 weak to ice. The only pokemon that we have access to with that typing at the moment is Flygon, despite it being frail with 80/80/80 defences, a base 100 attack and 100 speed is already good enough to outspeed most mons and hit anything hard. It also can learn earthquake and dragon claw naturally which gives it access to powerful STAB moves with earthquake being able to stop some fields, but it can also learn a plethora of special moves which gives it coverage allowing it to hit hard on the special side even if it has 80 special attack. It can also get various moves to help with its ice weakness such as rock slide, iron tail, steel wing, fire punch, flamethrower ect.

The other is the ghost/poison pokemon that we all know :^).

Water/Ground is always my go-to tank on a team due to only weakness being grass, in fact, i like most of dual type that has ground type in it, I also use Medicham a lot, Psychic/Fighting is great offensively with combination of versatility of the dual types. Dragalge with Dragon/poison is answer to fairy types in the game for dragon mono.

I started with fennekin and expected it to be difficult because everyone says Blaziken is best, but Delphox is really better because its Special Attack is so helpful against mons that have no weaknesses against any of your party mons. Psychic takes out all the physical tanks that resist every other moves

Rock/Psychic. Lunatone. I'm probably one of the weirdest dudes here. But Lunatone put in SOOOOOO much work. Rock normally applied to a lot of field effects. Rock also had a lot of defense, and on top of that a good special attack for Psychic. Lunatone swept Ciel. Cosmic Power/Chargebeam/Psychic. And abunch of other trainers got swept, even without set ups. Sooo good.

Rock/Psychic. Lunatone. I'm probably one of the weirdest dudes here. But Lunatone put in SOOOOOO much work. Rock normally applied to a lot of field effects. Rock also had a lot of defense, and on top of that a good special attack for Psychic. Lunatone swept Ciel. Cosmic Power/Chargebeam/Psychic. And abunch of other trainers got swept, even without set ups. Sooo good.

You're not wrong, Lunatone and Solrock share a very strong typing for Reborn, given the amount of fields they can abuse and their strengths against some of the stronger trainers like Charlotte and Ciel. Lunatone wins out simply because its Special movepool is better than Solrock's Physical movepool, and Lunatone can Rock Polish/Cosmic Power its way to victory.

Lunatone...Lunatone....Lunatone....one of favourites too..used it when I was playing for the first time....Unbeatable if used properly.

I feel like it's kind of meaningless to argue over which typing is the best - I mean, if you're talking strictly about typing then the only thing that would be relevant are the type matchups, but that completely disregards the abilities, stat totals etc. which have a much greater impact on a pokemons performance than just their typing (that isn't to say that typing isn't a big deal, but it's pretty secondary - nobody would want to use a luvdisc no matter what types it had..).

If you're talking about the typings in the context of the obtainable pokemon, then obviously fire/fighting because blaziken is just broken for pokemon reborn and is easy to obtain - but then, it isn't really broken by virtue of its typing but rather its ability, stat distribution and moves that it learns naturally. Blaziken would probably be broken regardless of what typing it had (provided that it had appropriate STAB moves and was otherwise the same) even if it were a bit better/worse as a different type. I don't think any pokemon trivializes the game the way Blaziken does (and again, you can get it from the beginning).