Romance in Reborn?

NaughtyNomad

Hey guys. I'm new to Reborn, but have been playing it non-stop since I discovered a few weeks ago. I honestly think its the best Pokemon game I've ever played. It has everything I ever wanted. All the pokemon in one world, all the starters, matures themes, and an engaging story.... Well almost everything.

The one thing it seems to be lacking is a love interest... Meeting all the characters, I cant help but think that it would be cool to have your MC actually fall in love with one.

Victoria and laura are my favorites currently. Not many strong male options unless someone really likes Fern. Ugh. But Cain would make a great gay option.

Anyways, I'm only up to Aventurine Forest at the moment. Any chance we will get romance options at some point??

Edited by NaughtyNomad

T3RR4. That is all.

But seriously, Ame has implemented a point system with characters for e16. It's buried somewhere in the status discussion thread, but what we saw was a list of all the characters and the lowest to highest point potential they had. We don't know what helps or hurts that rating. We're not even sure how it will be used in the story.

• Developers

Uh... Please no. Anything but this.

I think the reputation system was implemented so that the story isn't exactly the same in each playthrough. But that's about it. I doubt it will be used for anything romance-like. Or... I sure hope it won't. Even the best stories can be easily destroyed by bad romance.

There isn't really a point to adding romance between the a silent protagonist and anyone else.

Though there is "romance" in the game. Victoria had a crush on Cal, who probably reciprocates her feelings. Aya and Hardy seem to be doing quite well too, Ciel and Samson too, perhaps? And then there's Luna and... Ewww... *Shudders* Bennett. And finally we've got Titania and Ameria.

Ugh...Reborn is full of enough clichés and tumblrisms as it is. I REALLY don't want to see how a romance gets butchered.

Ugh...Reborn is full of enough clichés and tumblrisms as it is. I REALLY don't want to see how a romance gets butchered.

you got that right. plus your hardly around them for the most part and are only around them from circumstance during you badge collecting.

• Support Squad

you got that right. plus your hardly around them for the most part and are only around them from circumstance during you badge collecting.

Yeah but I bet Sirius is just the cutest tsundere

Yeah but I bet Sirius is just the cutest tsundere

Sounds like you'll be in for a hot romance there.

I'm sure he's the type of man who will have no problem keeping the home fires burning.

He'll practically melt your heart with his passion.

That is, once he warms up to you.

While I'm not sure if I'd agree with a romance system or not, I would be interested to see how it could be implemented. If done correctly, it could really make Reborn more interesting in the long run, as it would make for some interesting dialog. If done incorrectly though... I'd rather not know what would happen...

Either way, as long as it isn't anything like FF7s """"romance"""" side quest, I'd be happy.

• Global Mods

Sounds like you'll be in for a hot romance there.

I'm sure he's the type of man who will have no problem keeping the home fires burning.

He'll practically melt your heart with his passion.

That is, once he warms up to you.

I'm Sirius when I say that he'll put his whole soul into the relationship.

There isn't really a point to adding romance between the a silent protagonist and anyone else.

Though there is "romance" in the game. Victoria had a crush on Cal, who probably reciprocates her feelings. Aya and Hardy seem to be doing quite well too, Ciel and Samson too, perhaps? And then there's Luna and... Ewww... *Shudders* Bennett. And finally we've got Titania and Ameria.

You forgot the relationship of T3RRA and Ciel. There's hardly any room for Samson between those two.

I mean, there's never really been an time where any of the characters showed extreme lovey dovey emotion towards your character. Majority of them seem to look up to you because you're like the beacon of hope for everyone. I don't know exactly if it'd make sense for their to be romance with the characters that are already created. I mean, I could see there being options with OTHER non main story characters possibly. But I guess we'll see how this all goes, there's still time for "extreme lovey dovey feelings" although most of the characters are more focused on the tragedies that are happening.

I dunno. To me this game is a more realistic representation of what it would actually be like to have pokemon in our world. Not the kiddie version from the cartoon or Nintendo's game.

There're mature themes of suicide, torture of prisoners, torture of children, murder, abuse, animal abuse, prostitution, etc.

Why are topics such as love, sex, and relationships left out?

That's not actually a question I know how to answer, 'cause I don't make the game. If you really want to know though, there is a place you can go to ask if there are any plans for romance in reborn, and why. That'd be this thread. Is the game a better representation? I dunno about that, it seems to me that it trades a universe of kid friendliness, goofy villains, and simplistic plot for a post apocalyptic universe of pessimism. Neither are particularly close to our own current day society in my opinion. Also I don't remember prostitution ever being a thing, or even ever being touched on in reborn, where do you remember it from?

• Global Mods

That's not actually a question I know how to answer, 'cause I don't make the game. If you really want to know though, there is a place you can go to ask if there are any plans for romance in reborn, and why. That'd be this thread. Is the game a better representation? I dunno about that, it seems to me that it trades a universe of kid friendliness, goofy villains, and simplistic plot for a post apocalyptic universe of pessimism. Neither are particularly close to our own current day society in my opinion. Also I don't remember prostitution ever being a thing, or even ever being touched on in reborn, where do you remember it from?

I think the OP is referring to the "Doxy" trainers. I googled doxy when first seeing one because I'd never heard the word and apparently it's another word for prostitute.