Monorock run Valerie help

tru

I've been doing a monorock run for pokemon rejuvenation. I just started again recently and I got stuck on Valerie.

My team is:

Graveler lv45

Hard stone

Rock Blast

Earthquake

Explosion

Magnitude

Graveler lv45

Hard stone

Rock Blast

Earthquake

Explosion

Magnitude

Graveler lv 36

Rock Blast

Bulldoze

Magnitude

Self destruct

Nosepass lv45

Discharge

Thunder Wave

Earth Power

Power Gem

Crustle lv45

Shell Smash

X scissor

Cut (was supposed to be rock slide but I messed up >.<)

Faint Attack

Lunatone

Twisted Spoon

Psychic

Cosmic Power

Stone Edge

Hypnosis

The third graveler is kind of a filler. All the gravelers have sturdy, nosepass has magnet pull, crustle has sturdy. I read that I can get a rhyhorn or aron from a mystery egg but idk what that is. My other mons in my boxes are Bonsly (can't evolve him yet), Carbink, Corsola, and Boldore.

I don't have much ideas to beat this gym leader without some insanely insane luck (dodge and crit every turn). Carbink doesn't learn light screen until lv 60 and even then water moves will still 2HKO. I don't have access to fossils because Akuwa is still abandoned (if I had fossils, I could handle this).

I only have access to hp and speed EV training areas. Is there some good place to train attack?

I'm guessing I can't get to west gearen powerplant yet so my nosepass can't evolve yet.

Do you think it's realistic to beat this or should I just give up?

Any advise is appreciated. Thank you c:

I was on version 5. I just tried upgrading to 7 but my abilities changed so I'd rather keep on version 5 for now until I can assemble a new team with the right abilities.

Edited by tru

Even if you had everyone fully evolved I'm gonna go with the bummer answer here - it can't be done. I don't see how any of your pokemon are gonna survive more than 1 hit apart from sturdy.

Edited by LemonJones

here is something you can try, as long as your nosepass has sturdy and try to get sandstorm on it too, or get it on another one with sturdy

paralyze her first pokemon then setup sandstorm, rock types get 50% bonus sp def in sandstorm

then send in lunatone and hoping when the sandstorm subsides, you can get in 6 cosmic power, might have to rely on rng with her first pokemon cannot attack due to paralysis and then proceed psychic them all with alot of potions

and hoping her pokemon wont land any critical hits

Why not use your Corsola? It'll take neutral damage from her team and it'll get Earth Power at level 47, which is helpful against her Lanturn

Thanks for the advice. I don't consider lanturn to be biggest threat but earth power is always nice. I was considering using mirrot coat with corsola since she has so many special attackers but when I saw Corsolas pathetic 35 base hp and other pathetic stats, I kind of lost faith. I'll reconsider though.

here is something you can try, as long as your nosepass has sturdy and try to get sandstorm on it too, or get it on another one with sturdy

paralyze her first pokemon then setup sandstorm, rock types get 50% bonus sp def in sandstorm

then send in lunatone and hoping when the sandstorm subsides, you can get in 6 cosmic power, might have to rely on rng with her first pokemon cannot attack due to paralysis and then proceed psychic them all with alot of potions

and hoping her pokemon wont land any critical hits

I like that idea. Thank you. I'll try to find another Nosepass (one with sturdy). One thing I worry about is running out of PP. Lunatone only has 10 psychics and 5 stone edges. Are there any PP ups that are easy to get? Edited by tru

I like that idea. Thank you. I'll try to find another Nosepass (one with sturdy). One thing I worry about is running out of PP. Lunatone only has 10 psychics and 5 stone edges. Are there any PP ups that are easy to get?

instead of lunatune you can use crustle, with sturdy and t- wave you might be able to get 2 shell smash or 3 if youre lucky in and x scissor them all

less headache then 6 cosmic power

berry emporium sells leppa berry which restores 10 pp but how can you back track

do you have pre-akuma save file? and if you do there are more things you can try

get 3 sturdy twave nosepass and 3 sturdy shell smash crustle

breed 5 more corsola with mirror coat, hoping they can all survive at least 1 hit and mirror coat them all

wild oddish has low chance of holding absorb bulb, a one use item that heals you when hit by water move, use pokemon with frisk to get them

instead of lunatune you can use crustle, with sturdy and t- wave you might be able to get 2 shell smash or 3 if youre lucky in and x scissor them all

less headache then 6 cosmic power

berry emporium sells leppa berry which restores 10 pp but how can you back track

do you have pre-akuma save file? and if you do there are more things you can try

get 3 sturdy twave nosepass and 3 sturdy shell smash crustle

breed 5 more corsola with mirror coat, hoping they can all survive at least 1 hit and mirror coat them all

wild oddish has low chance of holding absorb bulb, a one use item that heals you when hit by water move, use pokemon with frisk to get them

Great advice. I've been on version 5, so I can talk to Nim to get back to akuwa. Does her team have any priority moves? Like ice shard on lapras or something? I don't know of any rock mons that have frisk. Maybe I'll just hold off on that. Edited by tru

I don't think she has any priority move. She doesn't need it, in the V5 the ocean field halves the speed of al grounded non water pokemon. Anyways, I only remember three of the four moves of her Lapras: rain dance, ice beam and tidal wave. She may have ice shard. Bruh, the AI is dumb and will probably try to use tidal wave or set rain instead of ice shard. Good luck.

I beat it c: thanks everyone. I just thunder waved the politoed then shell smashed 3 times with crustle and OHKO'd all 6 mons with x scissor. I'm glad that worked out.

• 2 weeks later...

well done mate.thats something big to defeat her with a mono rock team.i had difficulties with her too.two of my main pokemon were fire types(blaziken and pyroar)and the other members couldnt do a scratch do her and were sure to fall in 1 or 2 hits(except seismitoad).seriously i decided to restart the game because i had no good grass type either(could have had either vileplume or victreebel but those are not the best grass types).and suddenly the first pokemon i run into the grass was a beautifly.then i remembered this bug could learn giga drain alongside quiver dance and bug buzz when reaching lv40.by my surprise it learned attract too!!!!!

used attract on politoed and 5 times quiver danced(combo with blizzard and tidal wave missing),then managed to defeat politoed,lanturn,rotom with ease.then came lapras.that poke resisted the giga drain at minimum hp and nearly took me out with thunder(beautifly crap defenses even when boosted).then it was game over fror lapras,slowbro and milotic.we both did it with a bug type!!!!!the game creators saved my game when they put that beautifly there

Edited by Bessi