coral shell

the shell from a lapras. its seem surprisingly sturdy in defense. upon being held by a pokemon its raises that pokemon's def and sp.def by 50% at the cost of losing 10% of its speed.

this can be obtained from a wild lapras.

That's way to OP! It's like an Eviolite for every pokemon with only a 10% speed drop? We already have seen what Eviolite can do to pokemon like Chansey, we don't need that to every defensive pokemon that exists.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other Items:

Liquid Nitrogen: The holder of this item is given a 10% chance to freeze the attacker. The power of Ice-type moves are increased by 10%.

Nothing to add to the mega stones (I mean, they do one thing and one thing only, so good job criticising those lol).

About the liquid nitrogen, it might or might not be broken, can't tell as it is. Apparently it works by being hit by a foe, and then 1 out of 10 times it will freeze the attacker, right? now, does it count for all moves, or just contact ones (I'm assuming just these, but just incase...)? Remember that freeze is a broken status condition, since it doesn't end after a set amount of turn, and nothing can be done while affected by it. On the other hand, freeze is incredibly rare, generally only being a secondary effect of ice type attacks, so really dunno, this item might just work alright in the current metagame. I like it, in any case.

shifters gauntlet

the user who holds this item will have their att and sp.att raised by x1.5 when their health is above 50%. when their health is below 50% they lose the x1.5 boost in their att and sp.att and it's put toward their def and sp.def. if their health is put above 50% it repeats.

this item would not be found as t could only be obtained from the battle frontier or the battle mansion.

So shifter's gauntlet is basically a variation darmanitan's zen mode ability but in the form of an item any pokemon can use huh? well we all know zen mode darmanitan sucks because it becomes so slow after losing half its HP, and can't really take that many hits even after the defense buff, since it would be at 50% HP or less anyway. However, there ARE pokemon that would benefit greatly from this: the slow conkeldurr (or most slow and bulky fighting types) would get a HUGE attack stat without being limited to choice band (think about this for a second) for as long as they remain above half HP, and would become extra bulky once worn down to below half. Think of mons with few weaknesses, like Eelektross (none) or Rotom-wash: they get MASSIVE damage output in their respective STABS (50% boost to rotom-wash's hydro pump? uh...), and would become super bulky at half HP. Not only that, but they can become bulky enough to take a hit at half HP or less, carry rest, use rest, and be back at full HP, with attack raised again.

Broken? not sure, again. Good? hell yeah. Maybe too good, but can never know until you see it inside the system. One thing is for sure: this item would help archeops a lot.

Barbed Knuckles: Upon damaging an opponent using a physically contacting Attack, the target receives additional chip damage subsequently based on the target's typing effectiveness against Steel types, much like how Stealth Rock damage works.

It's basically a free Stealth Rock chip damage source for stuff that can exploit it, which sadly, requires boosts or CB, which makes it sorta balanced and situational only on super behemoths that have the natural damage to kill things.

I'm really not sure what to think about this one: with types like fire, rock, ice, electric, fighting or ground it would be super broken, since weaknesses to those are common, but steel... few things are weak to it that don't die to an unboosted iron head or bullet punch, specially ice and fairy types. I guess in most cases, if it works like stealth rock, to a mon who's neutral on steel, it would take 12.5% of its HP plus whatever damage the move actually did. You might think this is not broken because steel is not common as a weakness, but.... scizor with bullet punch..... iron head excadrill.... they hit hard, and they take 12.5% extra of your HP for no actual reason....that's a scary thought.

coral shell

the shell from a lapras. its seem surprisingly sturdy in defense. upon being held by a pokemon its raises that pokemon's def and sp.def by 20% at the cost of losing 10% of its speed.

this can be obtained from a wild lapras.

Amazing item for mons like Corsola, Lapras itself, Nidoqueen.... but...... blissey? skarmory? giratina? regenerator slowbro? alomomola? roost mandibuzz? like it happens often, there are mons that benefit from this item just fine and make it seem like there's no problem with it, but then there are others that become pretty unkillable, making them exceel too much.

well like u said b4 we don't know how these items would be until their put in the game, but its fun to think of these. I currently still thinking of a few more

reflected mirror

the user who holds this item is immune to status effects being aimed at them. the percentage of this happening continuously decreases (the protect percentage). it resets only when the pokemon is switched out or when trick is used. if the user who holds this item has a status effect the item cannot be used anymore. moves that have a status effect (ex scald) cannot be stopped.

A life orb outclasses it, then. No Infernape who does not use a Focus Sash, Choice Item or Lefties if it is the defensive WoW set would care so much about recoils damage that it would prefer this mediocre boost over the huge LO one, in all fairness.

Black Pendant - Reduces the damage taken from not-very-effective and normally effective attacks, but increases the damage taken of Super Effective attacks.

An idea I've actually thought up before, because Shedinja is one of my favorite pokemon, for various reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Choice Shield - Increase defense by 50% but you're locked into using only one move until you switch out.

Death Orb - Your attacks deal 30% less damage but you heal 10% of your total health every time you use a damaging move.

Speed Gem - Raises your speed by 50%, is consumed after attacking

reflected mirror

the user who holds this item is immune to status effects being aimed at them. the percentage of this happening continuously decreases (the protect percentage). it resets only when the pokemon is switched out or when trick is used. if the user who holds this item has a status effect the item cannot be used anymore. moves that have a status effect (ex scald) cannot be stopped.

So basically, and unless the kind of hax that makes double protect is involved, this item takes out the pokemon's item slot just to guarantee a first turn of not being hit by status, and then who knows what might happen on the next turn. Plus once the holder gets statused (which, again, can happen right in the second turn of battle), the item stops working completely. Dunno what to say.

Iron Beak: Item exclusively for Empoleon. It boosts the attack stat by 50%.

BURD OF HONOUR

Besides, it can finally use an SD set to good effect.

You a madman. But I like it. Empoleon should have gotten the competitive ability, not defiant, but with this item it might actually make some sort of sense for him to have it.

spirit flame. exclusive to infernape.

when it is held by an infernape. it boosts its fire and fighting type moves by 10%

As someone else said, life orb is better if you don't care about the little recoil each turn. The only infernape variants I can see being better with this item are iron fist mach punch/fire punch, since those are weaker moves, and infernape running those generally doesn't have the bulk to stand losing HP each turn.

Black Pendant - Reduces the damage taken from not-very-effective and normally effective attacks, but increases the damage taken of Super Effective attacks.

An idea I've actually thought up before, because Shedinja is one of my favorite pokemon, for various reasons.

This item's brokeness depends on how much it decreases damage. 50% less damage from neutral attacks? 25%? mind you, that if the item reduces neutral attacks by 50%, it actually means the pokemon holding this RESISTS all the types that previously damaged it normally.

Give it to a bulky normal type like blissey, snorlax or audino, and suddenly they got 16 resistances, 1 immunity and only a single weakness to fighting.

Give it to eelektross. With levitate, ALL moves will be not very effective on this thing. The only attack that hits it SE is mold breaker earthquake.

Ghost ring: allows moves that would not hit ghost type pokemon be able to hit them for neutral damage.

So, scrappy/foresight/odor sleuth as item huh? I like it. Kinda redundant if you can get a strong scrappy user, but so far for all practical purposes I like it.

Choice Shield - Increase defense by 50% but you're locked into using only one move until you switch out.

Death Orb - Your attacks deal 30% less damage but you heal 10% of your total health every time you use a damaging move.

Speed Gem - Raises your speed by 50%, is consumed after attacking

Choice shield is....kinda cool. I could see it helping blissey a lot, but... it would lock her into a single move. Generally, defensive pokemon rely on their wholeset of 4 moves to do their work, and they fail if they get locked into one: that's why choice scarf trick is a thing that works. Here, an item that boosts defense sounds cool, but it generally won't get good use since the things that need it also need their moveslots free. Could be wrong tho, but that's the impression I get.

Death orb. I see where you come from, and its pretty clever on paper, but the item as you describe it sucks very hard. Heals you by mere 10% of your health ONLY when you attack (this item exists already, is called a shell bell), but in top of that, it reduces attacks' power by 30%? So basically when you have to use a status move, this item does nothing for you, but if you attack, you can get walled by mons you should be able to take on. Leftovers outclasses this item.

Speed gem. Now, this one is a good one. Basically gives you a free, first turn choice scarf, and if you give this item to a mon with recycle, you're super fast every 2 turns. Very good item in my opinion

Heat Vest:halves damage from fire type moves and is immune from burn but is consumed in the process.

Divine Sphere:Any pokemon with 700 or higher bst gains a boost in its hp stat by 20%.

Wonder Sphere:Negates any and all damage for one turn by all moves abilities and outside effcts but reduces all stat boosts to normal and is consumed in the process.

Heat Vest:halves damage from fire type moves and is immune from burn but is consumed in the process.

Divine Sphere:Any pokemon with 700 or higher bst gains a boost in its hp stat by 20%.

Wonder Sphere:Negates any and all damage for one turn by all moves abilities and outside effcts but reduces all stat boosts to normal and is consumed in the process.

The first item sounds pretty cool, and I could go as far as to say that even immunity to fire attacks would be acceptable, as the item will disappear after use. It would be a rather awesome surprise item in mons like ferrothorn, scizor or forretress.

Divine sphere is pretty much made just for the following mons: Kyurem black, Kyurem White, Arceus, Rayquaza, and... Mega Rayquaza. Luckily, mega rayquaza with 20% more health should not be as terrifying as it sounds in paper. Arceus on the other hand, with already base 120 HP....

Still, would only be seen in ubers since basically nothing under ubers can use it.

Choice shield is....kinda cool. I could see it helping blissey a lot, but... it would lock her into a single move. Generally, defensive pokemon rely on their wholeset of 4 moves to do their work, and they fail if they get locked into one: that's why choice scarf trick is a thing that works. Here, an item that boosts defense sounds cool, but it generally won't get good use since the things that need it also need their moveslots free. Could be wrong tho, but that's the impression I get.

I think you have to see it more like an assult vest. Still a physical version of an assualt vest would probably be better but still.

Now for my item:

Polymorphysm policy: increases speed by one stage after transforming/changing forms. Is consumed after use.

Edited by FairFamily

Still, would only be seen in ubers since basically nothing under ubers can use it.

Actully kyerem B is OU but you have a point.

Also new items i though up

Four Leaf Clover:Boosts damage for all attacks by 40 % an raises accuracy of status moves by 10% but the holder is unable to use the same move twice in a row.

Iron Stand:Boosts Def and sp def by 2 stages if hit by a super effective move.

Titan Hammer:Boosts hits from Physical attks by 50% But lowers speed by 10% and def by 30%

Mystery Hat:negates the stat drops caused by any statues i.e burn and paralysis

Blueprints:Holder Ignores all types of field hazards

Edited by NovaKnight

• 2 weeks later...

Lunar Orb: Raises the Defense and Special Attack of Lunatone by 50%.

Solar Orb: Raises the Attack and Special Defense of Solrock by 50%.

Filter Net: Halves passive damage received.

Lunar Orb: Raises the Defense and Special Attack of Lunatone by 50%.

Solar Orb: Raises the Attack and Special Defense of Solrock by 50%.

These two are awesome. It would propel Lunatone and Solrock into UU at the very least.