• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does outside of battle items count?

Skateboard, replacement of roller skates and with new awesome tricks!

Didn't think about that when making the topic, but sure! key items (i.e.silph scope, red orb) and to-be-used-in-the-overworld items (i.e.fishing rod, bike) count too.

Glass shield: Prevents one instance of damage, but breaks when used. The user cannot use status moves while holding this item.

(Instance of damage being attacks/confusion, recoil, weather, status, crash, or hazards)

Electromagnet: Raises Pokemon's SAtk (by one stage) when hit by an electric attack, but only once. (Cell Battery is Atk)

~Corollary: Absorb Bulb, Luminous Moss, etc. activate before factoring in Dry Skin, Sap Sipper, etc. (Currently they do not, which saddens me)

Suppression Gem: Lowers the power of the next used attack by 33%.

Voltorb Totem: If the holder is damaged (by any instance) it explodes, regardless of whether it survived the hit.

Megaphone: Holders Sound-based moves are powered-up (20%)

Dry Ice: Toxic Sludge, but for Ice-types.

Choice Lens: Holder can only use one move, but is immune to secondary effects of opposing moves.

Adaption Gem: Switches a move's type to match the user's primary type, but only once.

Blast shield: Pokemon is not affected by blanket-hitting moves, but this item breaks if the pokemon sustains any damage. (even in singles)

Steadfast Band: Pokemon swaps out when it would normally attack (Priority 0, by speed) "A band that makes a Pokemon switch out later than normal"

(had to make the no-damage VoltTurn) (Yes, steadfast is an ability with a vastly different effect)

Focus Powder: Cures a Pokemon's flinching, but only once.

You serious? Sounds extremely good to me. Probably outright banned in LC and could boost some first stage mons solidly into UU

yeah. think of single-evo mons that got evolutions later, E.G. Scyther, Magmar, Electabuzz, Magneton, etc.

also yeah broken in LC think of this on a bulky mon like timburr or chichou...just awful.

Umbrella: Fully negates the effects of weather.

Does this item do the same as safety goggles, or does it behave like cloud nine?

Also, yeah, the soundproof item is a pretty neat idea. Wouldn't mind stealing using it lol.

I was thinking something that acted more like cloud nine, which could be pretty broken (it also probably couldn't be called the umbrella, as that doesn't really make sense with what it does- I just couldn't think of a name for it).

I was thinking something that acted more like cloud nine, which could be pretty broken (it also probably couldn't be called the umbrella, as that doesn't really make sense with what it does- I just couldn't think of a name for it).

Hmm, well umbrellas are quite fragile: wind can blow them away, lightning can fall on them, they can stab you in the neck while falling down the stairs (let's see who wins an upvote by guessing the reference). You could make it a bizarre variation of the air balloon item: instead of negating ground hazards and ground moves until hit by an attack and blown, the umbrella could make the user immune to weather damage and stealth rock (but not ground hazards) until an attack breaks it.

Dunno that's all I can think that doesn't result in it being slightly broken. Otherwise a gorebyss could potentially OHKO mega groudon lol.

Megaphone - Increases power of all sound based moves by 20%

Iron Gloves - Changes a FIghting type move's type to Steel

Solar Cell - Single use item like Cell Battery that absorbs light based attacks (Solarbeam, Power gem, Signal Beam, Flash Cannon, etc.) to increase Special Attack by 1 stage

Earmuffs - makes the holder immune to Sound moves

...I'll return when I can think of some more.

It'd need a side effect like your pokemon is using random moves because it can't hear you.

Edited by Coderis

• 2 weeks later...

Mhh. How about an item called a Red Herring?

When a Pokemon holding a Red Herring gets hit with a Knock Off or has a move like Trick/Switcheroo used on them, the Pokemon obtains the attacker's item. In case of Trick and Switcheroo, the attacker will hand the holder their item, but will not obtain the Red Herring in turn; it is lost. This fails when the attacker doesn't have an item (and so it will fail with a successful use of Thief or Covet) or has the ability Pickpocket or Magician.

The item works rather like the ability Magician itself, though.

It may have use in taking away an important item from an attacker, thereby cutting their strentgh. This can work well with stealing Life Orb and Leftovers, but can have drawbacks if the user steals a crippling item like an incompatible Choice item or Black Sludge etc. The user of course can't steal Mega stones.

Oh, and Knock Off doesn't get the power boost when used against a holder of the Red Herring, since they're technically Knocking Off a 'decoy' and not an actual item, whilst their own gets pilfered. Might help insure some mons against all the knock off spam.

Edited by Viridescent

battle spear:all moves hits for critical damage(skill link pokemon say gg)

Sadly Bessi, this item is kinda broken. You see, say you give this item to a chandelure knowing overheat. As you know, overheat lowers special attack by 2 stages after use, meaning any consecutive overheat is weaker than the last. However, critical hits ignore negative changes to stats, meaning not only would a chandelure with this item be able to fire a STAB, base 130 power move until it runs out of PP, AND it will have a 50% boost in power since it is a critical hit, but it will be also able to use any other move without caring about its special attack being lowered every time.

This might be a weak example since Chandelure is not used often and it is weak to knock off, but take a mon with sticky hold for example: a muk with a gunk shot that always becomes a crit. A sheer force Conkeldurr with mach punch, superpower and knock off. A sniper draco meteor kingdra for god's sake.

This item would work, at least in my opinion, if it was a signature item of a pokémon that wasn't particularly strong. Similar to how Marowak has the thick club or chansey the lucky punch, if you made this item only work on a single pokemon it would stop being as broken as it is right now.

Crashing hammer: Contact moves have a 10% chance to remove opponent's item (inspired from the crashing hammer item card from tcg that removes energy)

Interesting, although does it ignore sticky hold or not?

When a Pokemon holding a Red Herring gets hit with a Knock Off or has a move like Trick/Switcheroo used on them, the Pokemon obtains the attacker's item. In case of Trick and Switcheroo, the attacker will hand the holder their item, but will not obtain the Red Herring in turn; it is lost. This fails when the attacker doesn't have an item (and so it will fail with a successful use of Thief or Covet) or has the ability Pickpocket or Magician.

The item works rather like the ability Magician itself, though.

This makes me chuckle as I imagine the herring looking like a plastic magikarp XD

Regardless, it is not a bad idea for an item on itself, although it could only be used once per battle, and being limited to activation by knock off, trick and switcheroo alone makes it a bit too situational IMO: aren't there any more moves that could trigger it? maybe the holder using a contact move over a target with an item?

You're right, I did make it a bit too limited. TBH I wanted it only to be a gimmick item, not a serious one, since it basically grants the ability Magician to whichever Pokemon holds it, and that makes shenanigans very easy.

Admittedly, Knock Off is so common that even under the present conditions it may see use on several Pokemon, against several Pokemon. Making it apply to all contact moves is a double edged sword; it will make the item a lot more useful, but it will also discourage contact moves in general, just like Rocky Helmet, but with the added fear of losing an important item. A lot of Pokemon will be afraid to touch things for fear of the plastic Magikarp xD

Then again, it would make Magician almost useless if an item can do the same thing, even if it can do it just once per battle.

Well...magician too can only do its thing once per battle. You cannot magician if you already magician, since there's no move that allows to get rid of one's own item (unless it is a consumable item).

Fair enough. Well then, we can expand its role, then.

I also came up with this item as an idea: Brass Knuckles

Boosts the damage dealt with punching moves by 20%. Rather like an additional Iron Fist, but as an item that gives a consistent boost to all Fist/Arm related moves. It can stack with Iron Fist.

Well, about the brass knuckles item I cannot really say I find anything broken about it. The most I can think of is that it makes iron fist Conkeldurr's mach punch reach a base power of almost 90 (40 + 50% STAB = 60, then 60 + 20% iron fist = 72, then 72 + 20% brass knuckles = 86,4), which pretty much turns mach punch into an extreme speed of sorts lol. Granted, if I did the math wrong please notify me about it.

This would basically end up as "that item you give infernape to get a really strong fire punch" XD, and that's a pretty good thing to have imo.

Very correct. It is true that Infernape and Conkeldurr will benefit most from this, and that is by no means a bad thing at all. Besides, a Mach Punch from them is still weaker than a Bullet Punch from Scizor:

40BP + 50% Technician = 60 BP + 50% STAB = actual 90 BP.

And that's Scizor without an item. LO or CB make it a monstrous 120 or 135 BP.

So yeah. It's a very exclusive item that can be as effective as LO on a Sheer Force Mon. Conk abuses that too, though...damn, that clown on steroids really is a monster.

Edited by Viridescent

• 3 weeks later...

shifters gauntlet

the user who holds this item will have their att and sp.att raised by x1.5 when their health is above 50%. when their health is below 50% they lose the x1.5 boost in their att and sp.att and it's put toward their def and sp.def. if their health is put above 50% it repeats.

this item would not be found as t could only be obtained from the battle frontier or the battle mansion.

Barbed Knuckles: Upon damaging an opponent using a physically contacting Attack, the target receives additional chip damage subsequently based on the target's typing effectiveness against Steel types, much like how Stealth Rock damage works.

It's basically a free Stealth Rock chip damage source for stuff that can exploit it, which sadly, requires boosts or CB, which makes it sorta balanced and situational only on super behemoths that have the natural damage to kill things.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Slapping that onto an Infernape will let it deal 25% more to Fairies that try to switch in in a CC or a Mach Punch.

This is just one example. That item is borked, just like any other that basically inflicts repeated hazard damage with every hit.

coral shell

the shell from a lapras. its seem surprisingly sturdy in defense. upon being held by a pokemon its raises that pokemon's def and sp.def by 20% at the cost of losing 10% of its speed.

this can be obtained from a wild lapras.

Edited by Jmanultrax1