In my last thread I hinted at people to get this thread going, but nobody did lol.

Anyways, what the title says. Get creative and think of an item you'd like to see in pokémon, that doesn't exist already, of course. If you're not sure if your item's effect exists in the canon games already by another item, you can check bulbapedia or wait for someone to point it out.

Mine would be.....uh.... damn I didn't think that far ahead..... a thunder orb? you know, like a toxic or flame orb, but that paralyzes you. Risky for guts users, but amazing for quick feet users that aren't electric type. There could also be a confusion orb (spongebob anybody?), a sleep orb, a freeze orb....

Now's your turn :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An item so don't get affected by hazards like stealth rocks. Brave bird Talonflame approves this.

Talonflame is already immune to all other hazards, so this is kinda cheap. The fact that is cheap doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist, however: many less powerful pokémon, specially low tier bug and ice types, would really appreciate such item.

Physical Assault vest, and a fairy boosting item that's not named Pixie Plate because yes. ^.^

I assume the fairy item would boost by 20% like the rest, but is always worht mentioning just for details.

Physical assault vest is a must. Dunno why gamefreak hasn't done that yet.

Talonflame is already immune to all other hazards, so this is kinda cheap. The fact that is cheap doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist, however: many less powerful pokémon, specially low tier bug and ice types, would really appreciate such item.

I know. Never said the items will be any fair :P

And also it makes flying type also appeariate it. Ice type would be happy especially weavile the destroyer.

And also it makes flying type also appeariate it. Ice type would be happy especially weavile the destroyer.

Exactly lol.

The only downside would be a badly timed knock off to the face, that would be boosted AND take the item off. :/

Speaking of which, these items (physical assault vest, fairy booster, hazard ignorer), any particular name for any of them? I guess the physical assault vest could be called battle armor, but then you remember that's also an ability's name.

Consumable item that lets you attack with +1 priority once but lowers your speed one stage afterwards.

Something like the weather rocks, but for Trick Room.

I'd also like some items that boost stall and defensive mons, but I have no idea what they would do.

Consumable item that lets you attack with +1 priority once but lowers your speed one stage afterwards.

Something like the weather rocks, but for Trick Room.

I'd also like some items that boost stall and defensive mons, but I have no idea what they would do.

About the consumable items, don't quote me on this, but there are so many berries...doesn't any of them do that, by any chance? custap berry comes to mind, but what it does is give your move +1 priority if you're at 25% HP or less. Interesting idea, regardless.

Just to clarify for those who know less about pokemon items, this man is talking about the heat/damp/smooth/icy rocks and light clay, items that take the holder's sunlight/rain/sandstorm/hail/lightscreen/reflect respectively and make them last 8 turns instead of 5. Basically this item would make trick room last 8 turns instead of 5, and I guess it could even apply to magic room and wonder room, moves that are rarely ever used. Az comes to mind whenever a trick room boosting item is mentioned XD

Eviolite allows some walls to become even waller, if that's a word, as long as they can potentially evolve. Assault vest and SHIA's item boost SpD or Def as long as the user limits itself to attacking moves. There could be an item that raised defenses but prevented from using attacking moves? this would make a mon complete taunt bait, however.

AK-47 : Allows Pikachu to use all Bullet moves.

So... bullet punch and bullet seed? I don't recall any other. Funny thing is, pika's atk is 55 without light ball, so good luck there lol

Also this reminds me of red adventures voltorb gun for some reason o3o

Offensive eviolite? Boosts by50% attack and special attack for non fully evolved pokemon. Probably not the best item ever but it would be fun to play.

Don't be so sure! take a mon like trapinch, flygon's base form. It has an attack stat of 100. With this item on the LC tier, it would be so strong that it would probably get banned lol.

Mid stage forms like Combusken, Monferno, Dragonair.... all these mons would become respectably powerful with their atk and spa boosted by 50%.

As you said, not the best item, but it greatly depends on what you give it to.

Probably not the best item ever.

As you said, not the best item, but it greatly depends on what you give it to.

You serious? Sounds extremely good to me. Probably outright banned in LC and could boost some first stage mons solidly into UU

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

You serious? Sounds extremely good to me. Probably outright banned in LC and could boost some first stage mons solidly into UU

Not the best item if not given to a mon that truly exploit it. Although that can be said about any item pretty much. See my trapinch example for more info.

There can only be one:

Red Crux: An item made from the Red Chains created by Team Galactic. It allows Arceus to Primal Revert to the Alpha Forme upon holding it.

Do it. Give Mega Rayquayquay company in AG.

Tbh, if I were to make primal arceus (which I have), I would make it to be above mega rayquaza in every way. I don't like it when corporeal things think they can get close to god.... even if I don't like god that much to begin with.

Anyways, that belongs to the mega arceus thread. Another possible item idea: the microscope (or focus lens, not sure about name yet) allows the holder to ignore the target's evasion boosts or its attempts to lower the user's accuracy; the user's moves will not miss (unless they can, like focus blast).

Useless in competitive because evasion clause, but useful in game for that one trainer that has a sand attack or double team mon that you cannot seem to get rid of.

You do realise I was joking, right? And the red crux is definitely just my 'red Hula hoop' which I postulated in the Mega Arceus thread. I just gave it a cooler name.

Anyway, time for more serious suggestions:

1. Impact Band: Reduces damage taken from Super Effective moves by 10%. A reverse Expert Belt, in a way, that works like an inferior Filter. I won't increase the percentage of reduction as that makes it rather broken.

2. Miracle Prism: Extends the effects of Trick Room, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, and Telekinesis from 5 to 8 turns. I figure this would be the next metagame changing item, with serious implications in doubles and VGC especially

3. I won't mention a physical assault vest as it's already stated, but it could be called an Impact Shield or Assault Bracer.

4. Vitality Orb: Increases the power of all moves by 20% but causes them to consume twice the PP. A non-damaging, slightly weaker version of Life Orb with a PP-draining impact.

5. Wide Shield: Protects the user from multi-hit moves, which only ever hit once, even if the user has Skill Link. This is a very specific item, but it may be useful when it is known that the opponent is using such moves.

Hard Hat- One use, negates recoil damage

Boots- Immune to spikes and toxic spikes

Broken Scale- One use, next stat change is inverted (like Topsy Turvy)

M.A.D Policy- Explodes when attacked (basically Eject Card but the holder uses explosion)

None of these are very good but they would still be fun to toy with.

Edited by Narckarth

About the consumable items, don't quote me on this, but there are so many berries...doesn't any of them do that, by any chance? custap berry comes to mind, but what it does is give your move +1 priority if you're at 25% HP or less. Interesting idea, regardless.

No, Custap berry does not give you +1 priority, it just makes you move first in your priority bracket. If you use, i dunno, Explosion, and Custap berry goes off, but your opponent sucker punches you, you are getting one punch to the face before you can even attack, because Sucker Punch's priority is still above yours.

Broken Scale is really cool, it allows you to fire off a Draco Meteor or Overheat and then proceed to sweep with +2. Of course your opponent could always predict that and switch in an intimidator which would just give you a useless Attack buff.

Boots is kinda broken though. Also I'm trying to imagine a legless Pokémon wearing boots.

I wouldn't call it broken at all, now if it also prevented Stealth Rocks and Sticky Web...