Do YOU Tie Your Shoes?

Flux

Do YOU Tie Your Shoes?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. If/When you wear shoes with laces, do you tie them every time you wear them or just slip them back on?

• I re-tie my shoes every time I wear them.
    • No, I only tie them the first time and whenever the laces get too loose.
    • I never tie my shoes.
    • I am a duck, and therefore I do not need shoes.
    • Other (Explain in a 3 page essay below)

Shoes are supposed to stay around your feet. If your foot slips out, you need to tie the laces tighter. Instead of pushing my feet into already tied shoes and cause probable harm, I untie them when I take them off and tie them again when I need to wear them again. It takes approximately 10seconds or less. You don't waste time, and you adjust them the way you like.

Slip-in shoes for life. x.x

But normally I like to tie my shoes in a not-so-tight manner, so I can easily slip them out without having to untie them, and then slipping it in again when I need to wear it. Usually this is what I do for my boots. c:

You mean there's people who don't tie their shoes every time?

Seems like we of the steadfast re-tying society are a minority.

But yeah, it takes just a minute or two, and unless you're trying to escape a disaster, that one minute spent firmly lacing up your shoes or sneakers will not cost you. Actually, scratch that, properly tied shoes are probably even more vital when you're trying to run from a disaster.

Anyway, not only does this ensure that the shoe does its job of properly encasing and protecting the foot, but properly laced and polished shoes also makes your entire attire look neater. Shoes, like the face, hands and dress, speak of a person's attitude towards tidiness and discipline. After all, how can you put your best foot forward if your shoes scream 'slob'?

Edited by Viridescent

Seems like we of the steadfast re-tying society are a minority.

But yeah, it takes just a minute or two, and unless you're trying to escape a disaster, that one minute spent firmly lacing up your shoes or sneakers will not cost you. Actually, scratch that, properly tied shoes are probably even more vital when you're trying to run from a disaster.

Anyway, not only does this ensure that the shoe does its job of properly encasing and protecting the foot, but properly laced and polished shoes also makes your entire attire look neater. Shoes, like the face, hands and dress, speak of a person's attitude towards tidiness and discipline. After all, how can you put your best foot forward if your shoes scream 'slob'?

You're always so eloquent in your wording, Viri. It always sticks out to me.

I tie them as needed; somehow, I can slip my feet in and out of them at will, but trying to otherwise force them off does nothing. Short laces for life.

EDIT:

Pretty sure someone'd get banned for 3 pages of double-posts, Flux. Might need to remove Option 5.

Watch staff put it 40+ post just because

Edited by Cobalt996

Despite what many might think, tying shoes is well known across hundreds of nations all over the world. Tying shoes has been around for several centuries and has a very important meaning in the lives of many. It would be safe to assume that tying shoes is going to be around for a long time and have an enormous impact on the lives of many people.

Social & Cultural Factors

Tying shoes has a large role in American Culture. Many people can often be seen taking part in activities associated with tying shoes. This is partly because people of most ages can be involved and families are brought together by this. Generally a person who displays their dislike for tying shoes may be considered an outcast.

Economic Factors

It is not common practice to associate economics with tying shoes. Generally, tying shoes would be thought to have no effect on our economic situation, but there are in fact some effects. The sales industry associated with tying shoes is actually a 2.3 billion dollar a year industry and growing each year. The industry employs nearly 150,000 people in the United States alone. It would be safe to say that tying shoes play an important role in American economics and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Environmental Factors

After a three month long research project, I've been able to conclude that tying shoes doesn't negatively effect the environment at all. A tying shoes did not seem to result in waste products and couldn't be found in forests, jungles, rivers, lakes, oceans, etc... In fact, tying shoes produced some positive effects on our sweet little nature.

Political Factors

Oh does tying shoes ever influence politics. Last year 5 candidates running for some sort of position used tying shoes as the primary topic of their campaign. A person might think tying shoes would be a bad topic to lead a campaign with, but in fact with the social and environmental impact is has, this topic was able to gain a great number of followers. These 5 candidates went 4 for 5 on winning their positions.

Conclusion

Tying shoes seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of tying shoes, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued tying shoes before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved.

no, every single pair of my shoes are knee-high boots which takes 20 minutes and a servant to strap on

honestly i don't know if my sneakers would even survive being untied at this point; they're a broken muddy mess with lashes threadbare and stringy as it is, the perfect metaphor for the rest of my life.

as for my business shoes & boots... nah. i do make sure they're clean every now and then thou, depends a little on where i work.