[OOC] The Tenth God (Sign-ups closed)

Shamitako

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Acqui was already done and her character accepted though...

EDIT: Yeah, it's even listed among the finished PC sheets in the OP and everything.

Also, Acqui, I just noticed, you didn't put an alias

Boop

Working on it.

[EDIT]: Aaand done.

Will check it in an hour or two, doing stuff ATM

EDIT: Alright time to kick things off. Here's the info on the audience phase (note, this will go up in the OP shortly in case you need to look at it again later). This time around you aren't allowed to not attend, but the rest is open to you

Audience Phase

The audience phase will allow one post each. You may perform one verbal and one physical action, you may freely forfeit both by choosing not to attend the audience (simply let me know here in the OOC that this is your choice). At the start of your post please put in bold which verbal and physical actions your character takes

After all actions have been sorted, the god will tell a little about their land’s history

Verbal actions

• Say nothing

• Talk to the god

• Talk to Black Idol

• Talk to the others

• Say something characterizing

• Ask the god a question

• Ask Black Idol a question

• Ask another contestant a question. If they have already posted they may make a second post to respond. If they answer your question it does not count towards their verbal action

Physical actions

• Do nothing

• Do something polite

• Do something rude

• Do something characterizing

• Walk out

Nah, the introduction was separate. Although I was sort of expecting you to take your actions within the same post as you made the introduction. There's no response going to be made from the introduction so there's no reason to wait on taking your actions

Edit: There, Adam post should give you a better idea of my intentions. Sorry for the confusion :c

Please make ze edeetz to your posts so that you take both of your actions right away

Alright, so, a little later today I'm going to post Sleeping Bear's response and then start the Combat Phase. Because of that, I think you'll be needing to see this:

Combat Phase

The most open phase. The only thing required of you is that you fight with your opponent and come to decide on a winner within a reasonable time. If your fight is taking to long or both parties request it, the winner shall be determined by coinflip. Each Combat Phase will be accompanied by a matchup analysis in the OOC

Matchup Analysis

Silent Requiem (SAD) vs. Strider (SFD)

An even matchup in terms of speed, expect both mechs to struggle to land hit on each other. Both had very solid defenses and will take time to whittle each other down, although Silent Requiem is a bit tougher on the defensive end. However, Silent Requiem is at a notable disadvantage due to the fact that he'll struggle to gain momentum in this match. Even if he lands a hit, Strider's counter-attacking style will prevent him from grabbing the fights momentum and gaining access to his extremely useful Signature Attack. However, if Strider proves to be too fragile in the social standpoints and allows Silent Requiem to knock her off-balance with his words, he may be able to pick up the momentum and pull out the win by spamming his Alpha Screech. All in all a very even fight

Hellfire Knight (FAD) vs. Ricochet (SMO)

A matchup between a fragile speedster and curtain fire, Ricochet stands next to no chance in this fight. Hellfire Knight can prevent him from getting close with her bullet spread and she can use the same bullet spread to prevent his Grappling Hands from being able to hit her, as they will be destroyed or severed on the way. Ricochet's Signature would guarantee him a hit, but during the travel time he would take massive damage from Hellfire Knight's ranged attacks. And even if he did get in close, Hellfire Knight has investment into melee that would allow her to easily punch, kick, or club the very lightweight Ricochet away from her

Revenant (SMO) vs. Supernova (SMD)

Revenant and Supernova are both high-speed, high-damage melee threats and at first glance Revenant's slightly higher base capabilities give him an advantage. However, Supernova's ability to create a powerful energy-resistant shield after generating a bit of heat will allow him to significantly weaken the large majority of Revenant's attacks. The Revenant will likely be forced into a defensive position very quickly, opening up Supernova to use his Signature as he pleases. Although the discharge of his heat will leave him temporarily vulnerable to Revenant's attacks, giving Revenant a chance to counter-attack... If his systems haven't been obliterated

LOLI_HUNTER (MBD) vs. Slumbering Giant (FAO) [Notes: 0% chance of loli in stands. 0% chance of loli yelling to get up. Slumbering Giant qualifies for Loli Battery activation]

Due to Slumbering Giant activating LOLI_HUNTER's Ability, HUNTER will have the clear advantage early in the fight. Her focus on manuevering over speed will allow her to survive Giant's Signature much more easily. The support fire from her bit system will allow her to keep Giant on the defensive for most of the early match. If she can end things quickly she'll likely pull out the win. However, if Giant is not sufficiently damaged when her own Ability triggers, then HUNTER will be in serious trouble. By gaining a boost to her speed, Giant will become much more capable of targeting HUNTER and dealing damage with its artillery. Plus it will be able to contend at least slightly in a melee fight. Due to the location of the fight, there is no chance of a loli in the stands yelling HUNTER back up. Meaning that unless Giant herself triggers this part of HUNTER's Ability, there's little chance of HUNTER pulling out a win once Giant's own Ability triggers

IntSys, could I ask you to flesh out your posts a bit more? Try following the examples set by the more experienced RPers here; instead of just saying "X did Y," describe it. For example, how does your character feel about the arena? Is he nervous, excited, calm? Does his mech have a UI of some sort, what does that look like?

Also, you might want to wait until your opponent has actually entered the arena to start attacking, lol.

IntSys, could I ask you to flesh out your posts a bit more? Try following the examples set by the more experienced RPers here; instead of just saying "X did Y," describe it. For example, how does your character feel about the arena? Is he nervous, excited, calm? Does his mech have a UI of some sort, what does that look like?

Also, you might want to wait until your opponent has actually entered the arena to start attacking, lol.

This. Your posts are very lacking in the descriptiveness which can make them hard to reply to

And it would be appreciated, if you're the first of the two mechs to enter the arena, that you wait to attack until your opponent has entered as well

Stratos, if you wanna get the first move, I'll redact my post. From what it looks like, moving first isn't completely better than moving second.

It honestly doesn't matter in the end, since Sully would've probably said the equivalent of Bring It anyway.

But yeah... like Murdoc already addressed, might want to do a bit more on fleshing out that post (Unless it's something like an ongoing conversation between two characters where you don't really have much else to say in response, one liner RP posts generally come off with an air of laziness and lack of effort. Plus as Lexi hit on, the lack of detail makes it harder for other players and the host to respond)

And uh... yeah, kindly waiting for me to actually have the chance to get onto to the field before you start going Rambo would be appreciated too, TY.

Oh, sorry. I'll be fixing the mistakes then.

Sorry for the inconvenience and such.

It's cool. The importance is that you learn from your mistakes and improve for next time ^^

At times like these I like to share the personality from my very first character, I have it memorized

Quiet unless he knows you well

As Steak said, everyone starts somewhere. Even experienced peoplez are still learning

EDIT: Can you tell I'm hungry, Strat?

It's cool. The importance is that you learn from your mistakes and improve for next time ^^

At times like these I like to share the personality from my very first character, I have it memorized

As Steak said, everyone starts somewhere. Even experienced peoplez are still learning

EDIT: Can you tell I'm hungry, Strat?

Lexi... go eat already XD

but yeah, it's cool to make mistakes every now and again, everyone does it, hell, even I occasionally slip up. It only becomes an actual issue when one refuses to accept the fact they messed up and/or continues repeating the same mistake again and again with no attempt to learn from it.

sorry to double post, but @ IntSys, you mind actually specifying which weapon you're using in that last post, because as it is right now it's pretty vague given you've got two different types. And going off of that point, trying to also add a bit more detail on what the blasts are constituted of and what type of damage they would theoretically do on impact wouldn't be too bad an idea either.

I would guess that, being a top-tier contestant, you would have an auto-reloading rocket launcher. Given that these are single missiles, holding four or five seems reasonable.

I'm not sure how much either of those things will help when you're 1. being grappled and 2. fighting someone with point defenses, though.

I would guess that, being a top-tier contestant, you would have an auto-reloading rocket launcher. Given that these are single missiles, holding four or five seems reasonable.

I'm not sure how much either of those things will help when you're 1. being grappled and 2. fighting someone with point defenses, though.

It really depends on the size. Since they're a minor weapon in your case, I'd say three or four would be reasonable

Auto-reloading is pretty standard on most projectile weapons. Although things like bullet magazines aren't entirely nonexistent

OK, then, Four Missiles Per Clip it is.

[EDIT]: I'm pretty sure that ALL of Hellfire Knight's guns are deactivated when the Ability is triggered, but I could be wrong.

Edited by K_H