[OOC] The Tenth God (Sign-ups closed)

Shamitako

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I made some tiny edits to the OP. I decided to limit all the sins. Now, if you're making a character that would take up the second of a sin's maximum characters, and someone else is as well, then you two can either work it out, or I can just pick the one I feel uses the sin better and the other person can work on rewriting things (also note that the already accepted characters have teh dibz)

Also, I think I should mention that the more specific the conditions on your special are, the more powerful I'm going to let you get with it

No, sorry. There have been eight sheets posted. I can PM you if anyone drops out before we start or if I end up denying any of the sheets And like five minutes later I've denied a sheet. The slot is yours for the taking if you want it, otherwise I'll leave it open for a while and give it back to K_H if nobody goes for it

EDIT: So I lied and it's still today, but I've been going over sheets

Acqui: Looking alright so far, we've spoken about this outside the forum so I've got a general idea of what's going on and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Slot reserved

K_H. I'm sorry, but this is just not going to cut it. There's several personality issues and I'm not a fan of the BO build (this is supposed to be the best 8 fighters in Tempest, using a build with no more than 4 points in any stat just isn't happening). I'd love to work with you to improve it, but there's someone who has alreadt voiced interesting in playing. If Sketches doesn't want the slot then we can work on fixing things. Denied

Strat: Mrgrrgrr SMO. Outside that (which isn't actually an issue, I just don't like SMOs) you're good. Also, fun fact, I considered having Adam's alias be Revenant :P Accepted

Bfroger: Looking good so far, but I should point out that mechs are generally not going to have room for anything besides the pilot in them. There are some exceptions, a few mechs are vehicular instead of humanoid (like Adam's). Slot reserved

Komodojoe: So, uh, I'm not sure how to explain this so that it makes sense (thus why I'm not actually bothering), but I'd like you to only list Envy as your sin. I like the character's motivation a lot. Also the SFD build is sure to give Murdoc hell :P Let me know once you're certain you're done editing. Slot reserved

Komodojoe: So, uh, I'm not sure how to explain this so that it makes sense (thus why I'm not actually bothering), but I'd like you to only list Envy as your sin. I like the character's motivation a lot. Also the SFD build is sure to give Murdoc hell :P Let me know once you're certain you're done editing. Slot reserved

So... funny story: I was actually thinking about taking that part out after I posted the character sheet since I wasn't exactly sure how well it would fit in the first place. I can see it in a sense. But at the same time, I didn't think that it was enough to have Wrath on there at all, which was why I typed it in the way that I did. Then I kinda figured that someone would tell me if there was something wrong with it, so I didn't really mess with it at all.

Anyways, I did patch that up like you asked. That, and I do believe that's it with edits for me. I honestly can't think of anything else to add to it..

Well, to be fair, this isn't even based on the standard concept of mecha in anime

It's based more on things like these:

345107-accel-world-silver-crow.jpg

Silver Crow from Accel World

cecilia-alcott2.jpg

Blue Tears from Infinite Stratos

(Sorry if the mech description isn't very good, I've just learned I'm horrible at coming up with an interesting mech design @@)

Forum Name: Shadow Sketches

Character Name: Jess Harper

Alias: Phantom

Sin: Envy

Appearance: Jess' has long, dirty blonde hair that nearly reaches his shoulders. His sculptured face has hints of a stubble on it with his eyes being the color of olives. He's a tall man, standing at 6'2 with a well tanned body. Usually has a dark brown leather cowboy hat sitting on top of his head, with matching leather boots. Is mostly seen wearing jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

Mech Appearance: Jess' mech is thin and lean. It is made mostly out of dark blue metal plates that completely cover his body. It's equipped with many thrusters that help it speed around in battle and change directions in a moments notice. The mech also features a helmet that completely covers Jess' face, though it has a blue visor built into it to allow him to see. Has two small cannons on each arm, as well as two cannons mounted on each shoulder. It's also equipped with a a small cannon built into the palm of the left hand. Finally, it has a very large rifle that it carries around in it's hands when it's not holstered to his back.

Personality: He's naturally very calm and collected, never one to let his emotions get the best of him. He likes to take his time and is very cunning, most of his actions having hidden motives behind them.

Motivation: Jess has always been thought of as a con man, distracting people with a pretty smile while he takes what he wants from them under their noses. He sees it all as an interesting challenge and enjoys toying around with others. He always wants to prove himself, to show he is the better than the rest. And how else to show you are greater than others than by becoming a god?

Mechs Stats:

• Speed: 6. Because the mech isn't that bulky, it relies mostly on it's speed and reflexes to speed around the battle. The thrusters it has equipped on his body speed him around the battlefield extremely quickly while also enabling it to change directions just as quickly at a moments notice.
  • Melee: 1. Has very little for when a fight gets turns close quarter, but it's able to use the rifle it wield in it's hands to smash those that get close.
  • Firepower: 6. The mech combines it high firepower and speed to try and overwhelm enemies. The rockets mounted on it's arms and shoulders fire a barrage of beams that whittles down foes. When more powerful shots are needed, it uses the high powered rifle to shoot dangerous armor piercing bullets that destroy most mech's armor. Though the rifle has a very slow fire rate and after every six shots must be reloaded.
  • Armor: 4. Although he prefers to have enough maneuverability to help dodge attacks, the mech still comes equipped with armor to help keep it in battle even after taking some damage. The metal plates that cover the mech are mostly effective against long range attacks, such as bullets or beams. But is much weaker when something gets close enough to land a direct blow with a blunt, melee weapon.
  • Signature Attack: None
  • Special Ability: The mech fires out energy based "mines" from the rocket equipped in the mech's left hand. These mines can be shot a moderate distance away and float in the air for a couple moments before exploding and sending out an electrical shock wave in a small area around it. The mines will also explode if a mech gets close to them. It will moderately hurt the exterior of the mech but most of the damage the mech takes will be on the interior, the shock wave fries a mech's wires for a short amount of time. Causing them to move around much more sluggishly and for their weapons to not be as effective. The shock wave is also able to push the mech a small distance away. The closer the mech is to the mine when it explodes, the farther away they are pushed by the shock wave. It can only shoot out a maximum of four mines at a time before the mech needs to recharge the energy in order to create more.
Character Stats:

• Observance: 1. Intelligent as he is, he likes to keep a close eye on his opponents.
  • Reflex: 2. In order to improve his maneuverability in battle, he trained his reflexes so he was able to make split second decisions in a moments notice.
  • Social: 0. No need for talk, his actions will speak for him.
Other: He has a slightly noticeable Texan accent.

Edited by Shadow Sketches

Here it is, the updated version.

Forum Name: IntSys

Character Name: Tai

Alias: Supernova

Sin: Gluttony

Appearance: A young man with short, red hair and yellow skin. He usually wears an unzipped jacket on top of his white shirt, a pair of sports jeans, and a pair of red sneakers. Fitting his personality, his clothing is generally very loose. He's of average height, but his bright smile makes him stand out in a crowd.

Mech Appearance: Tai's mech isn't very bulky, allowing swifter movements. Exhaust ports are laid all over the body, preventing overheating from the inside. The chest of the mech is the biggest part of the mech, and it houses the Fire-Shield system, which powers on the heat of the mech. It also has four flame cannons attached to it. The arms and legs of the mech are completely covered with orange heatproof armor plates, with yellow stripes from top to bottom. The back of the mech is attached with powerful thruster rockets, providing high-speed movement and good handling. The mech's main features are the large and powerful fists, colored in black with orange stripes connecting the joints. The armor plated on top of them are much tougher compared to the rest of the mech. The palms contain mini-cannons which can shoot out laser blasts. The feet of the mech are colored in black with a yellow heel. Finally, Tai's head is completely covered by a red heatproof helmet with a black visor.

Personality: Tai works hard and plays hard. Like, really, really hard. As such, he's always wearing a big smile on his face, even when fighting, because he knows he's gonna "reward" himself with excessive partying. Tai is also very energetic due to this.

Motivation: Tai wants to be the god of the Plane of Gluttony. He considers going through the tournament and killing the Tenth God altogether to be the hardest work there is, and it should have the best reward of all jobs -- Eternal satisfaction.

Mechs Stats:

• Speed: 6. Tai's mech has powerful thruster rockets to give him incredible speed and handling, on the surface and in the air.
  • Melee: 6. The mech's fists are absolute jawbreakers. On top of the velocity the rockets give, the fists can deal devastating damage upon impact.
  • Firepower: 1. The flame cannons on top of the chest can't actually be aimed, and only serves as a way to repel enemy approaches. The mini-cannons in the palms do the same thing to similar extents as well. However, the fire rate is stupidly high, making the cannons extremely good at their jobs.
  • Armor: 2. The heatproof armor is there to prevent backward heat-flow when the Fire-Shield is activated, so it's only slightly good at resisting energy-based attacks. It's comparably frail toward physical blows.
  • Signature Attack: Nova Strike. Tai puts the thruster rockets to maximum power and turn all the heat into a powerful energy shield, which gives incredibly high resistance against energy attacks. He then blasts toward the enemy, breaking his/her shield if there is one, and delivers a powerful punch. The shield dissipates shortly after the punch lands. The condition for this Signature Attack is "The opponent is in a defensive position and I have enough heat stored!"
  • Special Ability: Fire-Shield. Tai turns the heat generated from the thruster engines into a shield made of flames, coating the entire mech. This shield can resist energy attacks pretty well and transfer heat to the opponent upon physical contact. It also reinforces Tai's fists with flames, powering them up. As long as the Fire-Shield is active, the mech won't overheat. Note that this shield differs from the energy shield used in Nova Strike, and they do not stack on top of each other.

Character Stats:

• Observance: 0. Tai doesn't care about details too much, he just cares about the results.
  • Reflex: 3. To accommodate the high-speed movement the mech provides, Tai trained himself to have incredibly good reflexes.
  • Social: 0. Tai does his own things alone, even when partying. As such, he rarely engages in conversation with others.

Other: (Nope!)

Edited by IntSys

Alright Sketches, this is okay, but there's a few things I need to clear up (mostly about the mech, which is understandable since you said you were struggling there)

Although most other mech's would be pretty large and bulky, Jess' mech is thin and lean.

There's really no "most other mechs." Everyone has a unique suit so everything is varied greatly, including bulkiness

It's equipped with a pair of menacing looking wings that has many thrusters that are used to help the mech fly around during battle.

You can't have flight abilities unless that's your special ability

Although he prefers to have enough maneuverability to help dodge attacks

And this is more just a mechanics nuance than an actual issue. Keep in mind that a high speed stat doesn't enable you to "dodge" so much as it prevents firepower-based opponents from locking onto you or melee opponents from keeping up with you. Which basically means that speeding around doesn't make you harder to hit, just harder to attack in the first place

I think I'm going to have to take back my character sheet, the more I look at it the less happy I am with it. I'm not really happy with the sheet and it feels lackluster, if I'm having this much trouble with just making my mech then it'll probably be a nightmare for me and everyone else if I try to rp in a mech based rp.

So I'll be stepping out of this, sorry. Hopefully you can find someone better to take my spot, but thanks for giving me a shot anyway.

Alright, everyone is like, accepted and stuff

Since there's been no new interest, I'm going to contact K_H and see if he wishes to make another attempt at joining. Afterwards I have a couple more NPC sheets to write up and then we can start the Audience phase of the Sloth Chapter

I've already been working on the Mech; All I have to do is mostly that and tweaking of the personality.

Here's the changes I've made to the Mech:

Instead of a BO, it's now a MSO.

Hey, quick question: Does anyone want their character's name formally withheld from the others? This will mean that only their alias will be placed in the shared information that everyone has access to

Actually, now that you ask, sure.

Because I find the idea of people only having to name "Revenant" to refer to him by as highly pleasing...

The alias Revenant is a legit badge of honor for him, so... in all honesty, it would make sense that Solomon would be willfully exclude mention of his true name, just to literally force people to refer to him as it.

EDIT: I've also made a minor edit to the personality section (Basically just edited in the Myer Briggs Personality type at the beginning, I think he honestly fits it like a freaking glove.)

Alright, this isn't final, but here's the information that everyone is privy to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tR-ER8jl7VyJNH1zugbJvF-XM2spEdw41hwVbdypyOg/edit?usp=sharing

The Favor numbers are based on how fast I feel each mech could complete an average battle (for example, the only SFD mech is last since SFDs win by stalling out their opponents), since gaining lots of favor is about winning quickly more than actual winrates

EDIT: Oh, BTW, average favor is around 800,000 and the most favor you can gain from a single fight is 5,000--which means winning without a scratch

So, 3 to 4 million is, like, a lot

You will know nothing else about your competitors. You were prevented from knowing who you'd be facing until the RP started, so unless you had a prior relation you've never met nor have you had time to perform research on each other. You will not be able to observe each other's battles and unless you want to give someone an advantage over yourself, you don't want to share information with them about the opponent's you've faced

Certain pieces of information will be available via the social and observational trees (weapon and sin most notably) But for the most part before the fight this is all you will know about the opponent you're facing

The gods will be updated at the end of the Travel phase immediately before the Audience phase with them. This is also when their character sheets will be added to the OP. Speaking of...

Ruler of the Plane of Sloth, the Sixth God: Sleeping Bear (AKA Tobias Hartford) has been added to the NPCs section