[EP 17] Minimalist Rebirth (Reborn UI Texture Pack)

Pyrolusite

Though, a little bit more color could work too. :D

I don't like it when there's too much color though :P

Anyways, thank you all for your interest and your feedback!

v0.2 is now available for download, with box backgrounds, a new party screen, and some fixes here and there.

Also, a fancier screenshot album. Aaand changed OP.

Edited by Pyrolusite

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking these designs, thanks for sharing these! The box backgrounds are quite fitting with the dark monochrome, and the type backgrounds being rather simplistic is nice. The in-battle UI is also gorgeous!

Those look really nice and interesting! Good work on them!

I think I'm gonna stick with the default stuff for now, especially given Ame is making new PC backgrounds for E16, but I can see why people want to use these!

Congrats on your talent :D

Thank you all for your support :P

I think I'm gonna stick with the default stuff for now, especially given Ame is making new PC backgrounds for E16, but I can see why people want to use these!

To be fair, the default backgrounds (and UI elements in general) are fine as they are, I just wanted to experiment a bit. They might change at some point if I get bored of them.

Also, new trainer card :

a2JC21D.png

Where do we get our trainer card btw ? I'm starting to have doubts and I might have to remove the "Opal Ward" thing.

Edited by Pyrolusite

Where do we get our trainer card btw ? I'm starting to have doubts and I might have to remove the "Opal Ward" thing.

I'm pretty sure that in every pokemon game ever, official or otherwise, the protagonist starts off with their trainer card. So, I have no clue where we get our trainer cards.

Also, I'm pretty sure the league building in Opal Ward is the main one for Reborn city anyway, so having Opal Ward in the corner doesn't really make sense to me.

Edited by Captain Breakfast

Story-wise you "sign up" for the reborn league in the Grand Hall, so Opal Ward would be correct. Obviously, game-wise the card is already present from the start, but canonically this is what makes the most sense.

Story-wise you "sign up" for the reborn league in the Grand Hall, so Opal Ward would be correct. Obviously, game-wise the card is already present from the start, but canonically this is what makes the most sense.

Alright, thanks, I won't have to remove it. "Lower Peridot Ward" would have been a bit more annoying.

YES YES YES YEEEEESS, I just saw these again and yay, you updated more things!

I really like the new title screens, and it's kind of foreshadowing as to which character you'll interact with the most in the episode. Pretty cool as usual!

The trainer card looks sleek as usual too~

• 5 months later...

After a few months of inactivity, I'm back with an update.

- A new title screen.
Only remade one out of 6 screens because I lost my save. You'll understand why that's a problem when you'll see it.
- Reworked pokemon info UI.
- Reworked party screen, made it cleaner.
- Reduced saturation on status ailments (combat and pokemon info).

- Minor tweak on combat UI.

- Minor text fixes.

Screenshot album updated to reflect the changes.

Edited by Pyrolusite

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Long time no see.

My take on Reborn's UI has been updated, and is now Episode 16 ready !

Notable changes :

- As said above, Episode 16 ready

- Updated box background list, because names have changed since they reworked box backgrounds

- New title screens, I'll add more of them when I'll progress on my new save

- Restored the original Window Skin 1 with a few tweaks in the color palette

- Tweaked Window Skin 11

Mad props to whoever made the new box backgrounds and windows skins (especially the 11th), they are fucking great.

Remove images from "box1" to "box23" in the Pictures folder before replacing everything if you want to keep the Ep16 backgrounds.

Edited by Pyrolusite

There I was tweaking the font on the trainer card and now you come along, remaking the UI so beautifully that you make me use your mod over mine. 😢

It's just so beautiful, though. 😭 What have you done?!? 😭😭😭

Edited by Mavka1997
Also could you maybe put the EP 15 version back up? Not everyone switched to the community release, yet. 😅

2 hours ago, Mavka1997 said:

There I was tweaking the font on the trainer card and now you come along, remaking the UI so beautifully that you make me use your mod over mine. 😢

It's just so beautiful, though. 😭 What have you done?!? 😭😭😭

Also could you maybe put the EP 15 version back up? Not everyone switched to the community release, yet. 😅

Actually, it's still EP15 compatible, only the small window skin tweak will be missing, since they have been renamed for EP16.

I don't think people will miss it that much, but I can still provide the older archive if you need it.

Edited by Pyrolusite

• 2 weeks later...

New update is out (Screenshot album updated) :

- Moar title screens (we have all 6 now)

- Combat UI tweaks

- Some polish here and there

Still have some problems with the level number on the Pokemon details screens, because depending on the font you use, it can become misplaced by 1 pixel. Will find a solution that doesn't butcher everything.

Edited by Pyrolusite

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey.

Again, thank you all for the support.

I noticed I didn't update this thread and the download as much as I could, so let's fix that : v0.9 is available for download.

Noticeable changes :

- Pokegear almost completed (jukebox is missing, and it seems I can't change pulse and field information)

- Pokedex main menu

- Lots of tweaks here and there in color palettes.

Spoiler

xUTBf55.pngOYOES1E.png

Edited by Pyrolusite