Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Really surprise that both Lycanroc are pure rock type. thought the Night form would get a second typing

Same, I expected Rock normal and rock Dark.

I guess on the plus said, no X4 to fighting.

And Those monkeys are cool. Really like Oranguru but as someone getting sun, passimian is nice as well. Might actually add that to my team.

But... it has simian in its name!

Honestly, I'm still a little bothered that Lycanroc didn't get Rock/Dark for its Midnight Form. Rock would be fine for the Midday form, but it also gets a signature move that only it knows. What does the Midnight form get? All it is is nothing more than an American-based werewolf with glowing red eyes, just Rock type, and the move Counter. COUNTER. No signature move, whatsoever. And what's worse? They're both version exclusive, so even if I WANTED the day form, I would have to trade my Rockruff to my brother (Who would get Sun), and have him evolve it for me. If that's how it's going to be for Rockruff's secret evolutions, then I just can't see myself getting hyped for the starter's secret evolutions.

I'm really liking the trainer customization though, and the fact that you can dye clothes? Pretty sweet. (Although I'm SERIOUSLY hoping we get suits and trenchcoats as options for BOTH genders. I was pretty disappointed in Y when I couldn't wear a trenchcoat, but girls could. Not to be sexist or anything, but I'd like SOME equality in terms of clothes.)

I'm really liking the trainer customization though, and the fact that you can dye clothes? Pretty sweet. (Although I'm SERIOUSLY hoping we get suits and trenchcoats as options for BOTH genders. I was pretty disappointed in Y when I couldn't wear a trenchcoat, but girls could. Not to be sexist or anything, but I'd like SOME equality in terms of clothes.)

same i wanted the ash hat ;-;

and its it just me, or the broken mon we need to worry about is the dang orangutan. Being able to use a move like earthquake twice seems broken X_X

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get sun now. I like lycanroc's midday form a lot more than the midnight one, and I still think solgaleo has a bit of an edge over lunaala.

I quite like both of the new ape pokemon, and I can see oranguru being pretty good in competitive if it doesn't have garbage stats.

I agree the z move animations are way too long, but I do like eevee's one a lot. It will be pretty broken in game.

In terms of z moves in reborn, Ame has said that she isn't that keen on adding them in, but she'll wait and see to decide if its necessary.

if girls get an exclusive trench coat in SM im playing a girl my loyalty to gender is superseded by my loyalty to trench coats.

also Oranguru looks cool, and I mean cool as in chill. probably excellent in double battles, esp. with a mega like sally to just double up on your best mon.

Pokemon I want to use so far:

Midday Lycanroc - That thing looks like an original Pokemon to me. Just when everyone says "oh, they are running out of ideas."

Gumshoos - Make HM Slaves Great Again....I at least hope that this is the bountiful early game rodent-mon

In consideration:

Litten

Rowlet

Mudsdale

Wishiwashi

A. Raticate

A. Marowak

A. Ninetails

Currently I'm looking at something like:

Lycanroc (either form, I think they both look great but I have a slight bias towards the day form)

Salandit

Lurantis

Jangmo-o

In consideration:

Rowlet

Komala

Pikipek

Vikavolt

Cutiefly

Wimpod

Wishiwashi

Morelull

Though I probably won't pick Rowlet or Morelull because I try to avoid doubling up on types and Lurantis is way too clean.

Alright so like, I've been thinking about some sets that the eevee would run with the newly introduced z-move for it. Not too long, but here's my word. (warning, it's pretty long) theorymons are fun~

Alright, so every has been looking at the new eevee and thinking, "Damn, this shit's broke." However, understand that it cannot hold another item aside from its own, so it cannot utilize items like eviolite or life orb. This puts it at an disadvantage as it cannot utilize any extra bulk or damage. However, this will not stop it from doing something in game.

Eevee @ Z-Stone
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Wish
- Protect/Substitute
- Baton Pass

I feel that this will most likely be the common set for eevee, or some sort of variation. The EV spread I have put gives eevee at least a little more bulk with 32 defense, and enough to reach 404 attack after boosts, being able to dent anything. 252 Speed is to give it some speed before and even outspeed some after boosts. +2 Adamant Adaptibility Return from the eevee can destroy anything that decides to stay in. Additionally, Wish and Protect are used for recovering health. Additionally, substitute could also be useful for setting up. Finally, baton pass can bring these stat boosts over to any sweeper you want to finish the job.

Eevee @ Z-Stone
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk (IVs will vary based on if hidden power is chosen.)
- Hyper Voice
- Stored Power
- Substitute/Hidden Power
- Baton Pass

Now here's something different. This is a special eevee set. Because eevee's z-move boosts all stats but hp by +2, eevee gets a 220 base power stored power to use against anything. However, running special eevee also comes at the cost. Since hyper voice is only 180 base power as opposed to return (204 base power) or even double edge (300 base power), it is surprisingly lacking, and the stab move will not hit as hard as physical variants. However, it is still able to do damage. Substitute is useful as it allows you to take no damage or set up for your sweeper, but hidden power gives you more coverage. Hidden power fire can hit the likes ferrothorn and scizor + m-scizor, hidden power ice can hit dragonite and garchomp, and hidden power fighting can hit bisharp and tyranitar, to name a few. Baton pass is obvious, to pass onto other things if you're sure the opposing pokemon can knock you out or can't hit it.

Overally, I'm actually surprised and happy that gamefreak did this. It's a new spin on using pre-evolved forms instead because you want to fulfill a certain roll. Remember, z-stone eevee should be used late game as, if you use it early game, it could easily be set up on if they have a pokemon that could cripple it, killing it, or simply just wall everything.

Wait, does the specified Z move have to be in the moveset? That would obviously limit you to 3 unlimited (well, almost because PP) moves.

No, it's a fifth move slot. We can see that this is true as it appears in the japanese youtube trailer, occupying a fifth slot, which I presume will also be the mega evolution area too.

636d50712cb649b9abe61f933e7e9882.png

Youtube video in question:

Edited by Pocky

I watched the trailer again and it appears that N-Lycan "draws its opponents" to fight to use the Counter move. Much emphasis is given on that, regardless of the fact that Counter has been in the game since Gen1 and is nothing but a gamble. So, I believe that they are hinting towards its stats and/or hidden ability which will be quite defensive and decrease the damage taken, pretty much like Solid Rock does.

So, expanding this speculation, for all Alola pokemon that have already been revealed, what do you believe their hidden abilities will be?

so day form lycan get a good ability options, high speed, plus an exclusive new move only for it which is stab and it has priority, while night form lycan has high damage/defense, not the greatest abilities options and learns counter as it evolves, has no exclusive new move only for it. Um I don't think this is fair. They clearly put more effort into the sun version.

The typing is so bland. just rock. day lycan should be rock/ground while night lycan could be rock/dark.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get sun now. I like lycanroc's midday form a lot more than the midnight one, and I still think solgaleo has a bit of an edge over lunaala.

I quite like both of the new ape pokemon, and I can see oranguru being pretty good in competitive if it doesn't have garbage stats.

I agree the z move animations are way too long, but I do like eevee's one a lot. It will be pretty broken in game.

In terms of z moves in reborn, Ame has said that she isn't that keen on adding them in, but she'll wait and see to decide if its necessary.

Eevee's looks so great I don't even care if it was longer... But is far from broken. How do Z-moves work? If you have to run the Z-move instead of a regular move then Eevee is still in trouble because it's speed don't do him any favours so you need to tank the first move without help of protect or focus sash to get the boost... If you survive that then you're game since you can either hit superhard with last resort which hits at 280 with adaptability, and with up to 458 atk after boosting, use stored power to hit at base 220 or baton pass those stats to either Mega Gardevoir Mega Lucario or Mega Blaziken and just watch the fireworks.

On Doubles is when the evoboost would be deadly as you can buy free turns with rage powder, follow me, block mat or wide guard and then boost comfortably to either hit brutally along with Oranguru or batton pass to other sweeper.

I correct myself, it is broken.

The better question is, if one were to use a Z-Move and have Oranguru Instruct it, would it use that Z-Move again? If so.... We are in big trouble since Eevee has that Z-Move. It could raise its stats even more drastically, and then be able to Baton Pass next turn. EVERY POKEMON IS FUCKED.