A new face in town! (Sorry for the generic title, inside it's more interesting, I promise!)

Yanez

Hi everyone!

I am Yanez, and wanted to send my biggest thank you to Amethyst and all her collaborators for making this amazing game! Really, Reborn is a shift of paradigm from traditional pokemon games, with an engrossing story and a more challenging than ever gameplay. I hope to have a good and fun time in this community! :)

But now let's write something about me:

I am a guy and come from Italy, and I have been a pokemon fan since primary school (It was the time of pokémon red and blue).

I have not played the most recent generation games (apart from B&W on a rom for my phone...), but I still love pokemon and have also sometime done a bit of battling on Showdown (With dreadful results, I am really far from being as good as more committed gamers out there). Pokémon is a pastime for me, nothing too serious, but regular games became a bit boring and had a lack of challenge (everything can be bested with grinding and the right movesets), so I tried some fan made games, but I found them not so good, or artificially difficult because of overleveled enemies. Until... I found Pokémon Reborn, with is intriguing startegical challenge, its field effects and reliance on uncommonly used pokés to achieve victory.

My first pokemon ever was a Squirtle on Pokémon Red (Nicknamed BB, a true champ), and I have a fondness for water type (I also love the sea and swimming in RL), but I also like other types obviously :).

Some of my favourite monsters are, in no peculiar order: Gardevoir, Blastoise, Dragonair, Feraligatr, Lapras, Suicune, Swellow and Aerodactyl.

My favourite Pokémon game is probably Silver because of how much time I spent on it as a kid, and now Reborn obviously!

I have just started a regular run, with the (far, becuase I don't have that much time to play) goal of completing it, for now I am just past the Slums (BTW, would Team Showcase be the right place to post my team, ask for advice and record my progress? That would motivate me not to drop off and restart to soon as I sometime do...).

Some other interests I have are history (also alternate history or uchronia); music, especially classical and lyrical, but I have eclectic tastes; languages and international relations/politics.

Oh, boy, how many parentheses I used! :)

Greetings to all and again thanks for making this very nice game!

Welcome to the forum Yanez. Hope you like it.

Reborn is a shift of paradigm from traditional pokemon games, with an engrossing story and a more challenging than ever gameplay.

It's true it does change from traditional pokemon games, but I don't think it will change the paradigm however, as these games are not too known and the community is not that big either. I would love if Nintendo payed more attention to fan games to see what the community is looking for and actually give us that, but I'm not too optimistic.

Thank you all for the kind welcome!

If I may, I have a question: why is the trainer card in my sig douled? I am pretty sure I inserted only one image in the "edit signature" box...

hello yanez! welcome, fellow italian. o7

and yes, the team showcase is a good place to post your teams. c:

i hope you have fun here in reborn!

you seem cool in my book, so you can have a piece of my cake. C:

Yeah, nice to see that there are other italians here.

Going to post in team showcase my experience thus far and the current team.

Thank you for the cake, very tasty!

Sup, Yanez!

*Obligatory Welcome to Reborn*

Good luck with your run. you'll need it.

Watch out for the next gym leader. Let's just say she's pretty... demonic.

cradily.gifcradily.gifcradily.gifcradily.gif

S A Y Y O U R P R A Y E R S

cradily.gifcradily.gifcradily.gifcradily.gif

Uh, I know, I went a bit further than that on previous runs and I know that the dificulty is going to increase, but that's where the fun lies, isn't it?

Welcome to the forum Yanez. Hope you like it.

It's true it does change from traditional pokemon games, but I don't think it will change the paradigm however, as these games are not too known and the community is not that big either. I would love if Nintendo payed more attention to fan games to see what the community is looking for and actually give us that, but I'm not too optimistic.

Well, I meant a paradigm shift for me, in the way I play this kind of games. As you say, it would be nice if Nintendo adopted some ideas from fan games, but they probably won't, as their mane target is probably different than that of fan games.

Edited by Yanez

Your trainer card is doubled because you don't actually need to paste it in to your signature. It updates your signature automatically when you make a trainer card.

Anyway, welcome to Reborn! Make sure you take a look at the Community Rules to make sure you start off on the right foot by not breaking any rules. If you're looking to socialize with some of the Reborn members, we have our own Showdown! server that you can check out. Additionally, these both can be accessed on the left-hand side of the site. If you have any additional questions, don't be afraid to ask me or one of the mods.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome to Reborn! Community rules on your left, search bar above that, Showdown server above that. Try not to confuse the search bar with the status bar below the rules, as it's a common mistake. I hope that you enjoy your stay here on the forums!

Hi there Yanez! Welcome to Reborn!

First off, great job on writing such a coherent and detailed introduction! I like you already!

I love all of those pokemon that you listed, and think that silver is a great game as well!

Languages, Politics and International relations are all awesome things too.

If you ever want to chat with any of us just hop on the showdown server where you can meet us!

Hope to see you around!

Welcome to the community Yanez, not too bothered about a generic thread title, only thing on my mind is a question: Can I have your soul? I am a collector if you will, also one last thing see the entry gate to the community over there heres a translation of that scratched writing on it "Abandon all Sanity, ye who enter here" I dunno who wrote it......maybe I do but I aint telling! but seriously welcome to the community and good luck with your adventure through reborn *demonic smile* you will need it

Normal welcome:

Welcome to Reborn! We hope you enjoy your stay mate o7

Italian welcome:

Benvenuto! E' raro vedere degli italiani qui, che io sappia siamo in circa 3-4 attivi ora come ora, quindi è anche una cosa positiva! Inoltre anche a me piace molto il nuoto, cosi' come Silver (da bambino ho consumato la cartuccia a forza di giocarci ahah)

Apparte questo, buon proseguimento :)