Regent and Hasslehoof. Time: 1st Day, of the 1st Month, of the Year of Rebirth. Approximately 3:05 PM

"Luck is something that prey hopes for and the hunter does not need," the drake responded to Hasslehoof's taunt. His dismissive, almost dry response belied his plans. He shuffled his massive feet along with the music for only a brief moment, then lunged once more, predatory instinct telling him to chase, to pursue the target rather than wait for a second chance that might not come. He aimed himself not directly at the minotaur, however, but a few inches forward in the direction he was circling, hoping to catch him in an instinctive dodge as Regent's left foreleg raised itself in preparation to strike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Mirror Edge, Argentum) Somewhere in the Waterways, Near the Lake of Miracles

Mirror had watched it all through the blood tinted face of the jewel. The game of tag gone wrong, the fountain's drain closing her in darkness, the rushing torrents of the Waterways... she wasn't surprised, to be honest. Those two always caused trouble for someone with their childish antics, and alot of the time end up endangering themselves in the process... and like a knight in sour armor, she had always been there to save the day, even if they had no idea she had. From setting up a Wall of Force to stop them being crushed to death, to scaring away and injuring social predators and mending wounds, all in just the blink of an eye, herself never more than a mere flash of bright radiance whenever she went to work.

She prefered it that way, that she did. Reveal herself no more than absolutely needed, and then go right back to slumber. Not even any effort to talk with the girl, neither during peril nor peace... that could wait until the kid was older, less foolish... when she would finally be able to understand just what gift she had inherited from her mother, both in blood and bond.

Light and Ice... burning radiance like stars in the sky, good and kindness, yet tinged bitter and merciless by the chill of winter, the blade that cuts even the deepest and most powerful man to his core and steals his strength away, bit by bit. Yes, it was simply in her nature, this modus operandi. She had no true hatred of others, but she felt no true need to get chummy with them either. She had seen nations of both Free and Damned race alike rise and fall, wars wage both on the surface and in the Underdark, tyrannical kings fall at the hands of young and noble heroes, only for them to one day themselves become the very Tyrants they destroyed in their youth. Had seen foolish scholars and wise fools, deplorable braves and noble cravens, good men lie and hardened men cry.

There was a time when she could still yet count the years since she had first formed. But that time had passed eons ago. There too had been a time when she would not have bulked at flaunting her presence. It too had died with the passing of the ages... or rather, it had died with the various wizards who saw fit to try to imprison her as a reward.

It was strange, Mirror could not help but think. Strange how honied the voice of the dragon sounded, compared to the rapid chanting and straining will of a wizard, the raw contrast of seemingly genuine- though slightly disturbing -affection next to authoritative assertion. It sounded closer to the plea of a caller, really... like one of her pleas...

Except it was not one of her pleas. And it never would be. Too many casters to count she had killed in retaliation, and yet despite the fate of all the others, only she alone had been able to do it... to win her favor. This... was definitely not her. Mirror probably would have just ended the charade right there, if it were a mere caster, bringing back those memories, what she had had and lost... those old wounds.

But this... was no mere caster. She could strike down a wizard with her eyes closed, but her confidence in her ability to slay a full grown, likely ancient dragon, alone and single handedly, was considerably less so. And so... she did nothing.

Just sat there, within her jeweled home, watching... all through those ruby-tinted lenses. Even as old as she was, there were still fights she still needed to pick and choose. She'd find a way out of this literal cesspool of a place and back to the girl soon enough, as sure as the sun doth rises; nothing would impede her oath, neither mortal nor dragon.

But starting something she highly doubted she could finish... would not be very conducive to her mission. So...she just watched, and waited, silent as the night as the ruby pulsated with with strange, frigid light.

Aurora, Ajax, 1st day of the 1st month, Year of Rebirth. Afternoon.

It had been a while since the lion had stormed off, leaving the two to chase behind like wardens after prisoner. He was fast for his size, but then again, most all lions tended to be fast for their size, whether they stood upright like men or not. Fast as he was though, he could not hope to evade the scent of an Arachni. Hells though, she could have more than easily caught up with the beast, if only Ajax had just let her go on ahead, but noooooo, he was too afraid they'd end up trying to murder each other if he wasn't there... fine, whatever. Guess he actually wanted the cat to get eaten... which didn't really bother her too much at all if he did.

The bag on Ajax' shoulder bounced and jingled as they walked. The silk had swelled just a bit larger than before, Aurora seeing no point not to occasionally stop and pluck a sparkle or glint out of the water, since Ajax was obviously in no hurry to find the beastman. Why waste a perfectly good find?

"You know, I've never quite understood why you collect these things." Said the squidman, breaking the silence "It's not as if you have any actual use for them...they just sit about gathering dust."

"Bordom." Aurora said "It gives me something to do, a way to keep busy when there's nothing to eat and nothing to hunt... and I know how much you surface dwellers love your petty bits of jewelry. They'd make lovely bargaining chips, if they ever had to; just because I've no immediate use for them doesn't mean I never will."

"If you were smart you'd just trade the junk you're hoarding for food...then you wouldn't have your little starvation problem"

the quip came as nothing but a mere mutter from Ajax, but Aurora whirled about as if he had shouted it to the heavens above, eyes flaring brilliant green as she glared at the Illithid, snarling ever so slightly.

"Oh yes, and why I don't I just let you tear out my fangs, break all my legs, and pluck out my eyes while I'm up there 'trading junk for food'!? No, no, the fact that I can't even find enough to keep myself feed and that I've virtually failed as a huntress isn't enough shame as it is already, might as well just completely destroy any pride I have left by turning to the aid of outsiders to provide my meals, like I'm some damn vagabond who isn't even worth the space she takes up. Yes, excellent idea, Ajjy." She turned from him, scoffing in disgust as she moved deeper into the darkness. "what utter brilliance will you come up with next, suggesting that the Lion shave his mane when we find him? Giving Sylvi a pearl necklace?"

"Look, calm down, I just meant-" She was already gone. Ajax let a sigh for what had to be the umpthteenth time since high noon. "Oh for the love of Seeker... am I gonna need a drink after this is all said and done."

Silken sack still jingling loudly, he set off again... just wanting to find Mufasa and the damn Amulet and get out of here.

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello, Count Heinrich Contiello, Lord Cyllis, Redeemer Riika, Father Babble, Barbara, Iidrra, Look, a lot of people ok? Time: 1st Day, of the 1st Month, of the Year of Rebirth. 3:00 PM

"I wouldn't recommend it anyway, I'd imagine I'd taste pretty sour." Riika said with a hearty laugh. Once again it was hard to tell with a Soulbound what they were feeling, after all, their face no longer was there. Their expressions no longer existed. Body language was still usable in some forms, like with posture and stance, but outside of that it was beyond them. It made nearly half the language of Humanoids inaccessible. It was something that made many Soulbound feel, isolated from others. It indeed did bother Riika. But, they didn't have the courage to admit that. After all, Riika was a noble warrior, what would the others think if they found out she suffered from something like loneliness, that her greatest foe was an intangible one?

Cyllis probably wouldn't understand. He was an old warrior, most likely set in his ways. It was hard to change that which was set in stone hundreds of years ago. Babble probably wouldn't care enough to get it. Iidrra was hardly a people person, and she had no interest in really anything he had to say. The rumors of him were too true for Riika's liking. The Contiellos... Sybil and Heinrich... who knew with them? They were... eccentric, and quite the odd couple. Azegeor... Riika never cared for him. He was a damaged individual, but he hid it. Not well, at least not to the likes of one who understand his issues. He was missing something within his soul, his heart. Riika suffered this as well. But, they didn't hide it like Azegeor did.

Perhaps, this Lotus... perhaps she was trustworthy. Riika sighed audibly dropping her rocky exterior for what would be a second of vulnerability. "I suppose you are right. I'll remember that."

Sometime had passed before Cyllis stood up from his chair. "I'd really love to stay and chat, but I've got paperwork... new duties to assign the usual." he said quickly shuffling out the back. "

The rest of the remaining guests looked at each other at the sudden nature of this departure but they didn't much pay it heed. THe only thing to be heard was at the back of the room a stifled "Good riddance" was heard uttered. It was probably from Iidrra knowing his temper, though the voice was... rather high pitched sounding to be his. Either way it didn't amount to much.

Heart of the Castle. 1st Day, of the First Month of the Year of Rebirth, ?:?? P.M.

Somehow, he had to loose the grip on his mind. Azegeor wondered how it was even possible. Normally undead were more or less immune to mind readings since their minds didn't exist quite like those of mortals. Therefore the magic was typically ineffective against them and would fizzle. However... this Panic was within another Lich like Azegeor himself. Perhaps, this is how he knew how to do it. It didn't really matter though, Azegeor had to break it. Sadly, he didn't really have the spells for defending himself from this, so instead he had it fight against it.

He felt around inside his mind looking for the foul connection. Once he found it he could try and sever it. And, once severed he could focus on the feeling of it and destroy it before it could reanchor itself. However, he would need to remain calm. It would be trough that with which he could keep his head. He stepped back trying to do this having confidence in the hand to protect him from Panic. Luckily it remotely controlled itself so the movements it made could not be read. However he had to broadcast this plan to let Tempest know what to do. She'd defer to him until he told her otherwise. He knew how she acted in his presence. So, he sighed before yelling to her. "Midsummer!" he shouted to let her know just how serious he was. "You must act our your own for now. Don't let him get to me!!!"

"Alright Aze-chan."

Tempest ran forward, towards the husk of Solomon. He frowned. "Pitiful mortals... She'll die Theodore... SHE'LL DIE WITHOUT YOU THEODOOOOORE!!! SHE'LL DIE WITH YOU TOO THEODORE! YOU WILL BOTH DIE NO MATTER WHAAAAT THEODORE!!!"

Four glittering knives of wind flew towards him. He lifted his hand stopping them in his tracks with magic. Tempest gritted her teeth, lightning cracking as she did. It happened when a storm spirit grew annoyed or angry. She kept conjuring more blades from the air around her and throwing them towards him. However, Panic countered them easily and effortlessly. The amount of power he was blowing on defensive magic was staggering. If he had this much power to blow on defense... what would it be like when he actually attacked? Either way wayward blasts of fire and ice collided with all the knives that Tempest was throwing. Puffs of black smoke filed the air and the sound of ice crashing to the ground filled the room.

It didn't help Azegeor's concentration one bit. He was still trying to worm around in his own mind looking for the connection. He could feel it... a horrid sense of nothingness, lonlieness. It was a feeling that invaded his mind. It was definitely not his own suffering. He'd recognize that. This... was something else. He kept going into areas of his mind that were filled with this darkness or, the memories of his own that shared this emotion. After all, it was amoung those memories it'd be the hardest to sense. He saw scenes of his life flash before him. Not from before his Lichhood, but... during it. He searched all throughout. He looked high and low through all his memories. The pain flooded back to him. It dulled his senses his awareness. He almost got lost in them. But, he had to keep looking. What... was he even looking for anymore? Oh... yes, how silly of me. He was looking for the connection, the one Panic had placed. There was only one memory he had yet to look through, the one that had started all of this, the only one of his that had a loneliness not even he could describe.

A lonely hill... his eyes opened to naught but a lonely hill. The grey sky seemed forlorn as it hung over head. It matched the feeling that welled in his heart. For what seemed forever, he didn't move. He just lay there. He hadn't noticed the current form of his body, or any of his surroundings. For nearly an hour, he just lay still as the rain clouds moved overhead. He didn't even know his name... what did it matter? What... was he? He sat up and looked over his form. Bone, nothing but bone. He wore a robe that was not his and was here in a body that was not his... or at least not that he could recall. What could he recall? Not anything really. So, how did he know this? He didn't. He couldn't know that this wasn't him, but... when he looked at the withered bones he couldn't help but feel he wasn't in the right place. That something was alien. Something was wrong. All he could feel was a hole in his heart. A space that wasn't there... figuratively of course. It was his soul that was damaged. Not the literal organ. He didn't even have a heart anymore, one that pumped blood. he didn't even have blood. He remembered the pain of... something. He felt it in his chest. But what he didn't know. All he knew was that some presence... some force was gone from him and it'd never return. He'd have cried if he still had the capacity. His soul was. The rain that had started became his tears. They ran down the skull he now had for a face. He felt the sting of a defeat he couldn't remember.

But, he was here for some purpose. It was the only thing that cut into the biting loneliness he now so felt in his soul. His Heartless Soul. It's anchor gone but it remained. He felt that resolve... the determination of something, someone. Just like the defeat that he could not feel, it came from that place. The two emotions conflicted. A bitter biting loneliness, and a warm gentle resolve. They mixed in the strangest way. His soul a tumultuous mess. The stormy seas of emotion crashed on the shore of his soul. He felt the lowest in his life, the msot downtrodden he had ever felt. Alone. But he felt the highest high as well. That he knew whatever he was here for, whatever he had failed to do before, THIS TIME IT'D BE DIFFERENT!

The Wind was howling...

And that, is where Azegeor found the anchor in his soul. A Black tendril was affixed to the memory. He nearly missed it at first, but... he could feel it'r thrum. It was so similar to the one he felt this day. But, there was a key difference. There was no force of goodness in this tendril. It didn't thrum with the energy of determination. Now that he felt that key difference. It broadcast like a beacon. Panic assumed this memory was the one to hide it. But, he had made a critical error. It was nothing like this memory, this emotion. It forgot or didn't even understand, the feeling of resolve. He reached out and he grasped the tendril in his skeletal hand. He sighed. "So, this is what you are Panic. A creature so lonely, that you resort to madness. What has the world done to you to make you this way? I'd weep for you... if you're weren't so pathetic. If your answer to this wasn't senseless violence. I pity you... but I do not respect you. You hardly deserve my pity." as he spoke the words, he activated his {Heartstopper Grasp}... it worked on the manifestation of the soul in the real world... would it work as such in his mind? There was only one way to find out.

The tendril screamed as the life was squeezed out of it. Black inky blood sprayed everywhere, enveloping the grey hillside that Azegeor was standing on. Azegeor looked at the form of himself form the past, the one from his memory. He felt sorry for himself then, but knowing what he knew now, that loneliness would be replaced. "Don't worry... Tempest will find you soon. You'll fill the hole in your soul then." he couldn't help but say that. He knew that his past self couldn't hear him or even reply, but he felt the compulsion. Soon, the world around him was filled with darkness, the memory faded.

However, Azegeor didn't find himself back in the room he once was. He stayed in the darkness. He looked around, readying himself for what was to come. He then saw a figure that he once knew. An old wise Lord. He was covered in inky black chains that stained his wonderful whtie robes with darkness. He looked up and looked into Azegeor's eyes. "Finally... someone is here. Help me..."

Argentum felt the dull pulsing coming from the amulet. After all, Dues was a Dragon that was sensitive all all forms of magic. He was, perhaps what one could call the essence of it. Even small trace amounts he could feel. He stopped swimming once again and picked up the amulet from his fingers. He brought it up to his eye and he stared at it.
"What are you? Oh wondrous star... you are a mystery to me. Will you not share your secret? Maybe a better question is who are you... after all I know of spirits being attached to earthly objects quite well. Many use them as gateways to this world. After all, it's hard for Spirits to remain here rather than in their home... the elemental plane of their kind. It's common to use one as a port key. Is this a port key? It's possible. Once again though a Ruby indicates fire... vigor. A Spirit of Blood? That's a rather unusual type of spirit however... only really created by accident or... magical tempering... hmmm."
The dragon got lost pondering to himself what this amulet could be. He talked to himself out loud, in a state of wonder. He grew more and more excited talking about his find to himself. He was happy he found this treasure. It was a great treasure. "Beautiful star, please tell me who you are!" he said. He implored what he felt was a spirit to come out. But, Deus wouldn't force the issue. He didn't want to damage the port key, the gateway, and more importantly, the object he wanted to keep. It was beautiful. He clutched it to his chest lovingly against his beating heart. He stayed there for ages. Just holding it to his heart, hoping for an answer.

"Why is it I keep finding myself in these situations ever more over the ages?" Mirror sighed inwardly, the jewel pulsing brighter with her thoughts. "first wizards, now a dragon... truly, what god have I angered to possibly warrant this? What divine enemies must I have made in my years of wandering..."

Even as she mentally gripped on against her fate though, she had already begun weighing the situation. Dragons typically loved treasure like nothing else in the world, twas common knowledge, even the dumbest and most human of adventuring parties were well aware...on that point, she was beginning to regret her choice of glorified imprisonment... had she have been possessed of the foresight in that moment of all those years ago as she had listened to the woman's dying ballade to think it would land her here... she would've advised a humbler housing. Not that it would have mattered at all back then; they had used what they had on hand... and time had not exactly been of the essence.

Which in and of itself was only another reminder of her failure. Of how the Cursed Affliction had proven stronger than her in the end despite every effort she had made, every method she had tried... such was the damnable nature of sentient spells, adaptive spells that act more like beasts than works of arcane force, learning, growing, changing and devouring all until they finally fulfill their most primary programming. but she pushed that bitter taste of futility away for now. Regret was of no aid in this moment.

Perhaps... she could reason with him, he was obviously a being of Water, afterall. Not quite the same symbol of cold and heartless logic as Ice was, but still one of some type of logic and reasoning nonetheless....maybe even appease to this more emotional side he was showing if that failed. Not like trying could really harm her standing as it was...

Or perhaps it would. And perhaps she was just digging herself an even bigger hole she'd have to vault out of. There was but one way to find out.

"I am a guardian." She said simply. the voice rang out from the jewel as clear and steady as the winter wind, resonating off the tunnel walls with an echo. She felt it best not to reveal too much too soon... better start small, test the reaction first.

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello, Count Heinrich Contiello, Lord Cyllis, Redeemer Riika, Father Babble, Barbara, Iidrra, Look, a lot of people ok? Time: 1st Day, of the 1st Month, of the Year of Rebirth. 3:00 PM

"I could always use more friends, and you seem like a nice person Riika." Lotus' hands clapped together as an idea popped into her head. "Oh I know! This is a strange question, but you don't wear clothing do you?" It was a very silly thing to ask, obviously a suit of armor had no need for clothing. But it was exactly because she knew the answer that her idea was so perfect. "Riika, if you have the time I could take your measurements. I don't know what I could make, perhaps a cloak or some sort of cover? Your armor looks beautiful, but cloth brings out the beauty of anything." She stole a glance at her Countess to remind herself of her work. Nodding silently to herself, Lotus continued. "I don't mean to brag, but I am probably the best seamstress in the castle. If I can find the time, I can surely make you a cloak! Oh it sounds like so much fun too, I've never worked on things like this. It would be so interesting!"

Lotus was so engrossed in her new ideas for clothing, ways to bring out the beauty of Riika's armor that she barely noticed Cyllis leaving. She felt the mood change, but she didn't particularly mind. This had already been the best dinner of her un-life.

"A Guardian. Hmmm... Intriguing." The dragon clasped his free hand to his chin. He scratched at it deep in thought as he pondered to himself. He stroked the strange whiskers that protruded out and around his nose. It was rather funny really, it looked as if he was curling a tiny mustache with his index finger. It was quite the sight to behold.

"So, I was correct in some of my assumptions it would seem. Hmmm... But guardian of what? What kind of spirit are you? A spirit of fire? It would befit your housing seeing as it is a gem of the fire class. Though it is also more closely tied with the meaning of blood. However, I've never heard of a blood elemental... or a blood spirit. That'd be a strange sight I imagine. Certainly one I wouldn't mind seeing though as it be a new experience for these weary old eyes."

"Hmmm, you'd be correct, I don't wear clothes. It be a tad strange pulling trousers up over top a suit of armour after all." Riika laughed at this, the image in their head was quite the image after all.
Sybil smiled, she was happy to see Lotus so happy and making something of a friend in Riika. Though, how much of one was yet to be seen. Riika was the loner type, and mostly kept to themself. They didn't go out of their way to make acquaintances and usually kept at an icy distance. Most of the upper echelon knew very little of the Soulbound other than that Azegeor trusted them. How good Azegeor's word was... well it depended on who you where. Sybil honestly wasn't sure how trustworthy he was, especially due to the way he conducted his business out of the way... and far from the spotlight. However, her husband trusted him so, he couldn't be all that bad. It left Riika mostly a mystery still however other than Azegeor's trust in them. He had to trust Riika for some reason. She decided to speak up rather than remain quiet however.
"You'll find that my Lotus is quite the seamstress, Redeemer. After all, the beautiful gown I am wearing is one of her fine creations. She is quite the skilled artist. And of course, you're always welcome in my halls."
"Hmmm, I see Sybil."
"Oh, we're on a first name basis then?"
"I don't see why not."
"Hmmm, forward, matter of fact, straight to the point. I admire that in a person." Sybil gave Riika a rather lust filled look. How playful it was in meaning was only really known to Sybil. She sat back in her chair now having had addressed Riika on the matter. She basically gave her permission in the most subtle of ways possible without straight up saying it. After all, many were very touchy around the Countess. Many knew not to tread on her ground so they typically wouldn't unless given the express permission. Though from that exchange... Sybil got the feeling Riika would've done it without knowing that if they wanted to. She actually was... rather pleased knowing that. Very pleased. She licked her lips in a rather sensual way. Most weren't willing to fight her on a lot of things. Hell, she didn't know anyone that wasn't nearly frightened to death if she just walked past. It was nice to see someone who wasn't flat out scared of her for once. Well, Azegeor usually wasn't either... as far as she could tell. It was hard to tell with those that couldn't use facial expressions. She could only tell with Riika due to how lax her language was and the complete lack of any type of surprised or frightened emotion that she had addressed them. It was rather fascinating. Heinrich even stared at Riika for a second after the exchange. Even he wasn't that brazen. He was more surprised that Sybil didn't do anything about it. However he jsut went back to eating rather quickly. He didn't really say much this entire meal.
"I think I'll take ya up on that. After all, why look drab? JUst cause I don't normally got a use for clothers doesn't mean you can't do something for me." Riika said to Lotus.

"Blood spirit? Oh gods no!" She balked at the mere mention of the name, cringing as that wretched experience returned to her mind. Just another of them among the sea of memories she had built over what to others would've equated countless lifetimes. " Heavens, no, no... I've met such an abomination before, long ago. The fool was absolutely obsessed with blood and gore, death and destruction, some demented Sorceress had toyed with and utterly warped the poor youth to create a personal enforcer of sorts for herself... one that would sic on command without question or qualm... shame I couldn't help him after she was dead, too far gone, that one. It was better to just put him out of his misery... but no, I am no blood spirit, sir; Light and Ice are my cornerstones, naught else."

He was obviously hooked, good, good... now, maybe.. if he proved to have some sense of honor as well... "My housing is not fitting, yes, yes, I know, but it was the best we had on hand at the time... and well, one's home to tends to grow on them after a while. Regardless, my current ward is a child, you see. I fought side by side with her mother, and when she finally fell, I vowed to her that I'd keep an eye out for the girl... her ignorant father just thinks all the times I've acted have been the work of none other than his god though, arrogant cat... and the brat honestly causes more trouble than she's worth sometimes. But, nevertheless, an oath is an oath..."

Lotus smiled at Sybil's intervention. No matter how many times she was complimented, her compliments did not lose their meaning. In fact, they just grew more and more precious to her. She was also pleased that her Countess was accepting of the idea. After all, part of the reason why Lotus was doing this was for house Countiello. Sure, Lotus did want a friend, she didn't want Riika to be lonely, and she did want to make new and interesting clothing. But an ally that could wield holy magic would protect the Countess against dangers neither of them could fight.

When Riika accepted her offer, Lotus interlocked her fingers together. "Wonderful! so a cloak is a must for sure, a long and regal one... A symbol would look good on it too, something to symbolize you." Lotus thought for a bit, what could symbolize such a lonely knight? Sure the Redeemer acted lonely and distant, but Lotus had just taken a glimpse at a sweeter side. Someone in need of companionship, who just needed to open up and show others who they were. Not only to show others, but also to let them in. "Unless you have a symbol of your own, why not use a flower on your cloak? Flowers hid themselves in buds keeping themselves far away from others. But when they bloom, they show their true beauty and let everyone in. A lot like you I think." Lotus giggled sweetly. "Other than the cloak, we could have robes and frills for more formal occasions, we could hang them off your shoulders and waist."

• 1 month later...

"Hmmm, well if you're not satisfied with your employment... you could always stay with me. I suppose that depends on how much you value this... Oath of yours though. After all, I know of the practice but it's not something dragons dabble in. We don't have time for mortals. Your situation also sounds troublesome. Is it really okay for one with free will to be subjugated by a promise so long ago to a being who no longer walks this plane of existence?" Argentum had a strange light in his eyes. One that surely showed he didn't want to give up the amulet. He was staring at it longingly. As if he'd seen some long lost soulmate walk past his eyes. One that he didn't want to get away again.

The elemental could easily feel... that showing herself might have been a mistake. It had given the amulet even more value to the dragon that was holding it. She could also note, he mostly was blue in colouration. He had silver flecks that lined his scales, though it only served to give him a somewhat, heavenly sheen. Blue dragons were known for their love of unique treasures. Ones that spoke a thousand words. They were the dragons that most closely curated their hoards of treasure. No bland ornament was to be found, only the most eye-catching of jewels and baubles. "But..." he continued, His voice echoing, the dull thud of a hammer on metal. "I suppose if this oath is important to you... why do you spirits limit yourselves so? Do you not want to be free? Why do you listen to the beck and call of mortals? After the compulsion of the magic fades... why bother staying?"

"I am fond of the idea. What sort of flower though?" Riika asked, raking her mind for an answer. She wasn't really the best with symbolism. She typically thought it pretty pointless. Though, she'd come around to how powerful icons, symbols, and things for their like could be. After all, Symbols were used in magic often. Runic Magic being the biggest example. Power stored in the form of a letter, or image, to be released on touch or another condition. It was fascinating in it's own right. However, a symbol for oneself... Riika never had to think of this before. They were at a loss.

((I'll be putting in an update here for Regent soon, I'm not exactly sure where I'd like to venture with this scene at the moment hence my delay but I promise I'll get to it as soon as I can Murdoc. Sorry to do this too you again.))

Heart of the Castle. 1st Day, of the First Month of the Year of Rebirth, ?:?? P.M.

"Solomon!" Azegeor ran towards the old lord he once knew, but a look of horror came over the wise one's face instead of one of relief.

"Stay back! It will ensnare you too!" a desperate panic was in his voice. He was serious. However, this left uncertainty. If he were to approach he'd be ensnared along with the old lord, but, he couldn't use magic to remove him either. All of the magic he had was too destructive.

"Then, what do I do?"

"You act after me, there won't be a lot of time, I can't explain. That thing... knows your here."

"Okay, let's begin then."

The two liches nodded at each other. Whatever it was the wise lord had in store... Azegeor knew he could trust him. This was really Solomon. The kind and wise man he knew, the one he still maintained that he was subservient to, but... if he had to be it'd be Solomon he chose.

Suddenly a pulse of light came from Solomon flinging him from whatever he was attached to. It catapulted him forward quickly as the black tendrils gripping him gave way. They screamed as the light burned them... and bubbled with a black ichor. However, move suddenly leaped into the old ones place. Azegeor realized they were like the ones in his mind. However... what Solomon had been attached to was an enormous clump of them. A hulking pile of wriggling and writhing mass that seemed to ahve no end. They lashed out to grab Solomon again they reached for the old Lich as he floated through the air. It was his chance.

[REAAAAAAAAALITY SLASH!!!] Azegeor screamed. His hand was suddenly enveloped in a bubble of clear energy. It seemed to be... there but not there. It was a gap within reality's fabric... it looked fuzzy and it made the eyes itch just looking at it. He reached his hand above his head and swung his arm in a mighty arc a a few times. Blades of the energy screamed forward yelling loudly as they went. They cut a swathe through the very world itself... like a bubble of nothingness between two planes of existence. The ripple pulsed through the mass of tentacles and at first nothing happened. Then, suddenly they all screamed in the only thing it could be described as, absolutely unbridled agony. If Azegeor had ears that were still organs, they'd have started to bleed the sound was that piercing. The heap collapsed as it feel in twain, a pulsating orb of tar like flesh sat in it's center. A vile ooze sloughed out of it in chucks the consistency of curdled blood. What ever it was... it was now dead. Solomon landed with a resounding crack, his old bones hitting the ground running as he sprinted forward attempting to stop himself. He ran all the way until he found himself right next to Azegeor. He grabbed his right shoulder and flung his weight around Azegeor, spinning around him once. He was rather spritely for an old bag of bones. He grinded his hands into Azegeor's shoulders, forcing himself to a dead stop. He now stared deeply into his eyes. If his face wasn't naught but a skull, Azegeor knew he'd be smiling.

"Thank you Azegeor. However, we've yet to finish."

"You're right... NOW YOU DIE, THEN YOU'LL BE DONE!!! It's nothing personal, but I tire of you Solomon. You just had to fight back instead of let me torture you... let me taste your sweet sweet... terror, panic... and other delectable emotions. But, I will taste the brief explosion of them as I snuff out your life force. Not as sweet as drawing them slowly, like a nectar from the tree of life. But, this crushed powder will have to do I suppose. A waste, but... I really just don't like you Solomon."

The sprite hesitated. It was a good question... the why of it all. She'd gone countless centuries without needing to be bound to any object or trinket. This housing was a formality... if she really wanted to, she could've easily shattered what piddling remnants of the ever fading magic keeping her. She could've done so even back when those remnants had been in full force, had gotten more than enough practice... And yet I stayed...

She knew why. Ruby burning, her voice again resonated against the stones

"It's... difficult to explain, to one who doesn't partake of the concept. But, it's like why I choose to stay in this jewel. While true, most of my kind despise the mere thought of being locked away into trinkets, beings in some cases several eons old, turned into mere lap dogs by some clever trap or overwhelming force... I have no reason to hate the one who put me here. She didn't deserve my fury; not like the others. She didn't force, she didn't coerce, she begged. She pleaded. I came into this trinket of my own free will... because I was curious. Because I was tired. After tangling with so many others who'd have me by raw might with no care of sentient will, she was like a respite.

True, I could've just turned and left. But I didn't want to... what else would I have found if I had; more of what I always had, that's what. Mortals are crude, they're primitive in their culture and beliefs, only judging the world around them by what they can immediately sense, always presuming that their pitiful preconceptions as law. They think they see all, but they are all blinded by their own arrogance. And their arrogance always brings strife with it. So when I found, this one being, this one mortal... who defied that mold which I had seen proven over and over again, I couldn't simply leave her to die. I had to see more. At first, she was just an experiment, and oddity. But... well, just like this amulet, she grew on me. Eventually, it got to the point where I didn't defend her simply because she was odd, but because I truly did care about her fate. Or the one that was stolen from her, rather...

I don't particularly like her child, you see, or her spouse. They don't matter to me, but they mattered to her, and that girl was a literal part of her... so long as she still draws breath, the last tangible part of my friend lives on as well. That, sir, is why my oath is so important. I may not be overly fond my current job, but it is a labor I do for her nonetheless... and there's nothing else in this plane I'd rather do. Sometimes, to protect what is dearest to us, we must do things we find... unsavory. But we bear the burden, and we do them regardless. The mortals seem fond of calling it 'Love'. I have no word for it. I never had a word for it before I met her.

But yet, even I understood it in the end."

Aurora, 1st day of the 1st month, Year of Rebirth. Afternoon.

She prodded it again. And again, the corpse rolled to it's side, revealing the crescent sheath of scorched flesh. The head lulled on what precious little was left of the spinal cord, practically hanging like a ragdoll. She had been right. The rat had had a pack... and here they were, the other half dozen of them. Deader than doornails, no less. Flurries of light still haunted the area, meandering in the air like aimless fireflies... every now and again Aurora would see a few fade and a few more rise from the wounds of the dead to take their place.

"What type of power could have done this to you?" The slain gave no response, simply stared back at her with those distant, beady pupils. She made no effort to hide the morbid curiosity on her face, still poking and rotating one after another to fully examine the scene "Fire magic... that would've been my first guess, but no, no... this is far too controlled, too precise. Fire's greatest strength is in it's raw chaos; it's inherent wildness. It would make no sense to use it so delicately, so focused. And this excess he left behind, it doesn't feel like any Arcane magic I've seen... it's too reserved... too lofty, grand, even.... like it is not for any mere pair of common hands"

If anyone else were there, it probably would've sounded a strange description, unless of course, one were a cleric of some sort. Even though she knew beyond a doubt this had to be of divine origin, this didn't feel precisely the same as when she used practiced- and in many cases failed -her own blessings alone, or had participated in rituals with the others, back when there were even others to begin with. No... this was too great. Like someone had opened a virtual floodgate of some hallowed force and then focused and condensed it all to a razor point to carve through each of these poor vermin like hot steel through butter, and once it was done carving it simply broke free of it's hot knife and lingered in the corpses to continue eating away at them, like vultures scavenging a kill... and even the amount she felt here was probably middling compared to the full brunt.

What power she felt briefly course through her as her patterns again blazed to life and swam over her body... it was child's play compared to this pinpoint-perfect carnage. She let it recede back into dormancy before her eyes could gain their carnal radiance.

"So..." she snarled, tossing the body in her hand to the waterways. The matted fur vanished beneath the waves like a stone, the surface glowing white as it made it's way down the canal. She watched it go "Puss is a Holy Knight of some sort then... and a powerful one, at that. Well... can his god save him from a dragon? or will he be left to rot in the sewers forever as well?"

She stopped at that thought. She could've turned around, found Ajax, tell him she had lost the lion. Part of her truly did want the fucker dead for his "holier than thou" attitude, and the mere knowledge that he was obviously far more accomplished in the service of his God than the likes of which she could ever dream of down in this pit only set more fuel to the fire. But another part cared about what Ajax thought of her, cared that Ajax, through thick and thin, was a friend.

And that latter half carried a forest fire.

Her spiteful side had naught but a bonfire in comparison.

"At least I'm getting close now..." She sighed, kicking the other bodies out of her way as moved on, some of them flying against the nearest wall and others into the canal to join their earlier brother. "damn alpha feline... left his filthy scent all over the place."

• 1 month later...

Crimson Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 3:20 PM

So far the party has been going as expected, most everyone is having fun drinking, eating and mingling. Though every year it seems to get more and more boring for him. Especially the lack of being able to eat food or drink any of the drinks here. If the skeleton had once know the sensation of taste he had long forgotten it. Watching others enjoy their food was almost like he was being left out of something great. What he would do just to know what it means or feels to taste. But for now the party has been going nowhere for him so there is really no reason to stay. Besides, doing anything is better than sitting in the back of the party, watching everyone else have a good time. Crimson ultimately decided to take a quick walk around the castle's hallways, he didn't plan to leave for too long anyways. Besides, if he didn't meet up with Iidrra about fixing the castle after the party he'd probably be in a world of pain later down the line.

Isolda Grace, Crimson. Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 3:30 PM

The castle’s hallways were fairly massive. The emptiness that resulted from most everyone being in celebration was at the very least refreshing enough that Isolda could walk around while feeling relaxed. For what it was worth, it had bored Abel enough that he decided to recede into the shadows once again. In all likelihood, he was watching from afar again, but she did not care.

Even so, the lack of company was starting to grate on her. In the end, thirty minutes of loneliness in this empty hallway had started to grate on her.

Ah, how fickle of a girl she was.

Still, she eventually found herself lucky as she saw a tall, armored figure off in the distance. Well, let’s see how well you can stave off some of my boredom.

“Well, it’s rare to see someone else wandering around here.” The shinsou called out to the other figure in that hallway.

Isolda Grace, Crimson, Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 3:30 PM

Much to his surprise, Crimson happened to stumble another person on his walk through the halls. She seemed to look like a little human child, probably some sort of werebeast or maybe a living flesh. Well I guess he shouldn't be too surprised, he himself was walking the halls alone. I guess he was a little disappointed, he wanted to take this walk alone. But seeing as she has already started conversation might as well see where this goes. Though the last time he started a conversation in the halls it ended in him being chased by a huge drake. Well at least with this girl she couldn't cause any damage, right?

"I guess you could say parties aren't my thing." The armored skeleton replied back. "So why is a little girl like yourself walking in the halls all alone? Too young for adult drinks and activities?"

As usual, she had been taken for a little girl and was being treated like one. No matter how old she was and how much her experiences melded together, she never enjoyed being treated like a little kid. In that case, all she needed to do was simply be her overtly prideful self.

“There’s a point in one’s life when all festivities begin to look the same. Frankly, I’ve been long since passed that point. At this point, it’s just another mindless stupid party which does nothing but bore me to hell and back. There’s only so much alcohol I can drink before I start to hit that odd point of diminishing returns.”

So apparently this small child was old enough to drink. Maybe even older than he is. Though it wouldn't surprise him at this point, there are many other monsters a lot older than him. She definitely doesn't speak like a child, though her size really makes him wonder if she's telling the truth or not.

"Trust me kid, many adults would love to drink as much booze as they could before they blackout. Most of which are much bigger than you are and can drink their fair share. Honestly, I'd be surprised if you weren't completely hammered after one or two drinks. But I can understand if parties bore you, I'm already sick of them myself. But the parties you go to probably include goody bags and end right before nap time"

…and he just kept on going. It was not too surprising how easily condescending one could be to someone who looked her age. It was useful on the battlefield where enemies would subconsciously assume her to be fragile or weaker than she actually was. There was one point where she had even been offered a sweet by an enemy who thought she was a child that got lost on the battlefield. Needless to say, he became a nice source of nourishment as thanks for his kindness.

But, allies who did this were far more annoying to deal with, especially when they continued to talk down to her after her first attempt to give off an air of age.

“Vampires like myself don’t age and we don’t have to worry about things like tolerance. It strikes quite a wonderful balance in our palettes as we can drink without worrying about passing out drunk on the floor with a headache the next morning.” She gave him a refined smile that not look out of place on a porcelain doll, affixing her usual doll-like appearance. Isolda was well aware she was being passive-aggressive. But, she did not mind. Judging someone based on appearance truly was an arrogant act.

Ok, well now this is starting to make sense. He hadn't even thought about vampires. Well now he looks like a jerk, but since when has he cared about what people think about him. Compared of the people he'd have to serve at the bar he wasn't too bad. But this time, for some reason, he felt some sort of guilt. Though, he wasn't going to show it even if he wanted to. He never was good at expressing himself. Side not, her doll face kinda creeped him out a bit as well.

"That makes sense, why didn't say so in the first place? That would've made things a lot easier. Anyways, there's not very much to do right now other than being at that party. Got any ideas?" Hopefully this'll change the subject.

The 12th Brute, 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. 4:00 P.M. Giants Room and Hallways.

A loud thud happens as the hill giant that was sitting across from The 12th fell down drunk with the last cup of mead still in its hand.

"Well...." The 12th said sound flushed. "It looks like I w-.... I wo-.." The 12th slapped his cheek a bit to drive of the effects of alcohol. With a shake of his head as he continues to speak to the other giants in the very large room. "It look..s likes i wons the game so's pays upsh."

The giants look at the one lying on the ground hopping that he would get up and continue the drinking contest. Which was responded by a loud snore from the now sleeping giant.

With reluctance the giants stepped aside as one carried out a barrel half the size of The 12th. The barrel was ornately made from dark oak wood and gold reinforcements with a silver plate on one side with dwarven writing on it telling the date. This barrel was of Gold Vein, a rare dwarven ale. Took in a raid on a dwarven fort before the doors closed. and was most likely one of the last or the last left in the Castle.

With a smile The 12th stood up a little bit shaky and walked over and picked the Gold Vein and smiled "Pleasure doing business with you>"He said a walked out of the room as the giants started to pick up there sleeping companion. At first he walked slowly tell he got out of eye and ear shot of the giants in which the look of drunkenness left his face and walk has he chuckled to himself.

"Finally got a hold of the this now all I need is to find some nice cu-no tankards for dwarven ale, and then i should be able to enjoy this properly." He mumbled as he walked down the hall thinking of a place to find such things.

Icarus,1st day of the Year of Rebirth. 3:30 PM

The demon roamed around the dark sewers for a good while, he quickly regretted coming down to explore without some sort of map. He didn't think he was making any real progress in his travels, just going around confusing himself as he tried to navigate this maze. With every turn Icarus became much more annoyed, there was absolutely nothing down here of interest for him. If that wasn't enough, his damaged chains were beginning bother him. He didn't like walking around an unknown area with a damaged weapon, he needed to get it fixed as soon as he could.

Finally after wandering around the sewers for who knew how long, he spotted what appeared to be a door. It didn't seem like anything special, his guess was that it went back into the castle. It wouldn't surprise him to know a place as large as the sewers had multiple entrances and exits. Lockpicking the locked door was no problem, he's done it enough in his lifetime to be proficient at it. Past the door it seemed to just be stone stairs that led upwards, probably to the castle as he expected.

Once he saw the stairs, the demon immediately decided to leave the sewers behind for now. Who knew when he'd find another exit. Without a map and with a damaged weapon, he decided he didn't like wandering around with no knowledge of where he was heading. He closed the door behind him and made his way up the stairs, having to unlock another door at the top in order to gain entrance back into the castle. He found himself at a different part of the castle than he was used to, but luckily no one seemed to have spotted him. Everyone was probably busy with their parties, which was to his advantage since now he needed to return back to his room without any complications. He wasted no time in making his way towards his room, anticipating a warm bath to get the stink of the sewers off him.

At the very least, her conversational partner seemed to understand that looking down on her was the best idea. Prideful as she was, Isolda was not going to hold a grudge on him for something so petty.

Still, it was likely a good idea to note that maybe hinting at her nature as a vampire straight off the bat would have helped avoid this. She had always assumed that her appearance would be enough to do the trick but apparently it was not.

“I was honestly looking for some source of entertainment myself. We could always join together, seeing as neither of us has anything to do.” She replied. “But first, let me introduce myself. My name is Isolda Grace.”

Edited by Hiss13

((warning, the language in this post will be a bit heavy. If vulgarities aren't you thing will, I recommend skipping this post., or at least the section labelled "Solomon's Mind"))

Solomon's Mind... ???, ??? ???

Panic's true form was more horrifying than Azegeor could've imagined. A horrid wretched wreck of a creature. Though,,, at it's core it was hardly different from the liches that now faced it in one way. A skeleton, though barely resembling anything human, was suspended in a flowing black ooze. It had a sickly lustre and swirled with pulses of hideously dark magic. It stank to high heaven of sweat, adrenaline... the smells of fear, mixed with that of a strong pitch smell. It was nearly intoxicating... sickly sweet it threatened to make one's stomach lurch and put them to sleep at the same time. Luckily for the liches, not having true noises made them much less effected by the invasive odor, but they could still perceive due to liches inherent false sense.

{{The players feel a strange itch at the back of their mind. Ivna's voice pierces the silence in their mind. "I can explain more here if you so choose, otherwise feel feel to continue experiencing."}}

For those that may be confused, Liches have inherent magic that prevents their senses from disappearing. After all, part of alchemy and other magical study require these senses therefore loosing them would put the lich at a severe detriment. So, part of the magic preserves these so that they continue their magical research long after their flesh inevitably fails. However, due to the lack of organs that normally perceive these stimuli, it is replaced with a magical network of neural sensory magic. Unlike true sensory organs, they aren't subject to magical attack however, but they aren't as accurate or, nearly as invoking as true sensory organs. This has lead to them being referred to as, "False Senses".

The black ink writhed and slithered about the bestial framework like living skin. At times it enveloped the form, others white ivory poked out for underneath. Clearly one could see the skull of a hyena but the rest of the skeletal structure was twisted and... so grotesque it was unidentifiable. It didn't illicit fear in Azegeor however. It inspired...a feeling of pity. It was like looking upon the mangled remains of a child or, some other innocent that got caught in something much bigger than themselves. It was nearly saddening to look at. Azegeor couldn't help but wonder if this was an illusion that Panic took to misdirect opponents... or if it was truly how the creature viewed itself.. or if it was it's true soul. However, no matter what it was, he wasn't about to hesitate in destroying the being. Panic was dangerous and he knew it. He could pity him later. And it was fortunate he then resolved to do this. It was a subtle movement but Azegeor could see some of the black ooze tense and suddenly, become hardened like muscle. It formed a quivering black sinew that trembled with the growing force amassing.

"Solomon, Move!!!" the lich, donned in the cloak of stars, yelled to his comrade. Solomon trusted on instinct, he knew his friend to be trustworthy so he'd not hesitate to heed his word. His body sprang backward on command. Dust rose from the inky abyss beneath somehow, as Solomon pushed hard on his heels. Just as he had, A hard and wet slam sounded on the floor and reverberated throughout the darkness. The attack was lightning fast, had Azegeor not seen it, Solomon would've taken a nasty blow that ended him long before this fight even began. The attack itself,,, the surging of black tentacles. The muscle that had been creating with the swirling form had launched forward a barrage of tentacles that formed within in instant. The mass of black ink stuck to the ground spearing into it. Due to them being the same colour, it looked as if it merged with it and became one but... that couldn't be the case. However, there wasn't much time to reflect on it. Panic... suddenly became a much different beast in matter of seconds.

"FUCK YOU SOLOMON!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL YOU PIECE OF RUBBISH!!! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!?!?! WITHER AND DIE!! STOP RESISTING!!! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP IT!!!!! WHY WON'T YOU JUST FUCKING LET ME KILL YOU?!?!?!!? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Now... he was throwing a temper tantrum. Much like a child. The dark liquid swirled with madness, extremely violent maelstroms appeared all over it's surface, knots of frustration, and immense anger. Unlike the muscle like creation before these weren't controlled with precision. They were created purely as a reaction. They tightened and looked about explode outward. Coils of hatred that could burst forth at any moment. Panic was barely holding himself together at this point. Azegeor even swore he had the sound of ribs snapping. It was confirmed when a fine white powder could be seen swirling within the black ooze.

"Hmm, struck a nerve huh? Perhaps be better with your aim next time and you'll hit me." Solomon obviously baited. However, in the being's emotional state it gobbled it right up.

"VERMIN THIS MIND BELONGS TO ME. SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH UNLESS IT'S TO GROVEL AT MY FEET AS I KILL YOU!!!!"

"Ah, such a dirty mouth. You kiss your mother with it? Besides... you know this is my mind. It was never yours."

"Shut up..."

"Whaaaaaaaat's that? Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't hear you!!! You gotta speak up!!!"

"SHUT UP!!!"

"Ahhh, that's better. But, uh... no can do. You see this is my mind I can do whatever I want within it."

"NO, IT'S MINE!!! IT'S MINE NOW!!! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUUUUUUUUUUUUT UP!!! Or I'll shut if for you!!!" the creature actually started crying now... tears ((somehow)) ran down the dry hyena skull. Panic was having some kind of break down, perhaps realizing he wasn't as in control as he had thought. Azegeor wasn't sure whether to be shocked, confused, feel sorry for Panic what... to much strange information all at once. This was... more horrifying then when Panic actually had control of his emotional state. "VIIIIIISHA, RIP HIS FUCKING MOUTH OFF!!!" he shouted and suddenly the black ooze rocketed forward at blindingly fast speeds towards Solomon. It seemed that Panic even forgot that Azegeor was there.

The ooze over his body mostly dropped off revealing the horrible mangled mess underneath in full. It hit the ground with a loud and wet clap. It wretched around almost... looking as if it was in agony as it rearranged it's shape and hardened parts of it's form to become something else. It soon formed a small inky black hyena. This must be Visha. The small beast kept firing off tentacle after tentacle in a barrage at Solomon. It was aiming directly at his head... or more accurately his lower jaw. It was listening to Panic's order almost entirely verbatim. a female voice choked out of it's throat. Pained and hoarse, as if it could barely speak the words,, as if it was choking on the very air it was using to say them. "Visha... kill... for Master. Viiii...sha... do as master says." and that it did. The assault was relentless. The tentacles never let up and the deluge just fired non-stop at Solomon threatening to engulf him. He kept dodging as wet flesh sloughed to the ground hitting it with a disgusting impact. It almost felt as if Visha was firing corpses at him.

And Panic was laughing manically through it all. Clearly, his mind had broken down at this point as he uncontrollably laughed, tears rolling down his disturbed and broken form. The bones rattled with violently, especially the broken ribs, they clacked with a horrible dry ring as they clacked against the rest of his rib cage. Azegeor, figured this was the best opportunity he'd get. To remove Panic from this mind once and for all. He breathed in this time. and in his mind thought of his previous spell, [Reality Slash].

"[Thought Casting: Reality Slash]". He willed the power of the spell through his mind, bypassing the need to state a word or phrase of power to activate it. The less time Panic had to react to it... the better.

A feeling of nothingness washed over him again, and once more the bubble enveloped his hand. He put his hand above his hand and swung downwards with GREAT FORCE!!! And the blade surged forward. However... unlike last time, a tentacle sprung up and grabbed it. It held it somehow not being ripped apart. It sucked away the energy of the spell until it collapsed, fully spent. Visha flinched in a pain, but not enough to stop her from attacking.

Panic's head whipped around in a fraction of a second, it swiveled around and, unnaturally faced backwards at Azegeor. And, in the most emotionally dead voice Azegeor had ever heard, he spoke "I'm not playing anymore Theodore. Wait your turn to like a good boy. You've already had your first helping, it's only fair I give Solomon his first."

Heart of the Castle [WIP]

Regent and Hasslehoof [WIP]

Argentum Deus and ... whatever the spirit's name is oops I forget right now sorry Strat lel. [WIP]

((I might just do these three in the next post depending on how many posts there are by then but like tired currently so I'll get to them The big main part of the overarching plotyness is out of the way so it should be easy to do this more small scale stuffs in a jiffy. ))

Should Crimson go with her? He usually declines any social interactions ever since the doors closed. Though it has been a VERY long time since the doors of opened. I guess he could spend his time with this woman... er... this woman that looks like a child. It was going to be awkward for sure seeing as its hard to get used to the whole 'looking like a child' thing.

"Eh, I don't do this much but why_not I'm Van Arlo." He crossed his arms, "So what do you want to do? No one's around because most everyone is at the party and I really don't care what we do."

• 3 weeks later...

The Heart of the Castle, Tempest, "Solomon"

"For heaven's sake... honey I don't know what you've gotten me into this time... but whatever you're doing you better have a plan." Tempest thought to herself. She didn't have much time to think though. She was constantly bombarded by flames and other pulses of magic that randomly flew from the once body of Solomon. It was out of control as whatever Azegeor was doing to it, caused it to go on some sort of auto-pilot. It's previous controlled over performances lost all their grace and were now just large gouts of unbridled magic. How much power was stored in this body was unknown. But it was like handed the controls to a rabid dog. It's programming was jsut destroy with no regards to how much magical power it leaked to do it. Normally this strategy to jsut overwhelm wouldn't work, you'd run out of power with which to splash magi everywhere... however... this being, "Panic" must have rigged so much power in this body over the years that it's supply seemed endless. It kept firing off spells left and right. It wasn't aiming just spreading as much to hit an area as it could.

Tempest had to play smart, dodging wasn't really an option. She kept firing her blades of wind to cut swathes in the flames and dodged whatever other magic in the storm that she could. But, she just couldn't approach. There was no way to breach the full scale assault for long enough. She felt her energy slipping away, keeping this up was hell on her body, despite it's form. The storms in her raged, trying to keep her from collapsing trying everything they could to support her, but she felt the reserves of her power start to wane. She'd not be able to hold out a hell of a lot longer.

"What the hell is happening?"

"Cyllis? STAY BACK!!! THAT ISN'T SOLOMON!!!" Tempest shouted with all her might. She felt flames wash over her in her lapse of concentration... luckily, she was a spirit of storms; lightning was part of her composition. It didn't consume her, but it burned like wildfire. Her chest suddenly lit up, a crimson cavalcade. "[Alter Air]!!!" she shouted, pushing back the fire by creating a pocket. It took an immense amount of strength to do so... she couldn't afford to screw up that badly again. Embers clung to her chest, smoldering within the storms, adding dark smoke that swirled around inside.

Flames also chased towards Cyllis, however he didn't even move. He just drew his Flamberge and stood his ground. "Old Man Fall, let the leaves fall and die... return to the earth to nourish the child of next spring. Breathe in the scents of decay, send them forth. Become the one who embodies physical form, the element from which forth the wrapper of life is born. [Fall's Harvest Dance]! [ROCK HEWER]!!!" Slammed his blade into the ground and suddenly the stone beneath it rose up wards to form a pillar. It Blasted around it with an immense force however, Cyllis himself was left unharmed. "Miss Tempest, WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?! What are you doing? Why have you slain countless guards?!"

"Cyllis, it's not what you think. Solomon has been gone for 40 years now. We have to remove that being from the throne so that this nightmare can be ended. This Castle has become a prison!!!" She tried not to lose focus this time. "You can worry about me later... we need to stop this madness, it'll rip apart the castle if it continues!! It will at the least damage the Heart! You just have to trust me. I know he's your friend... I know that Solomon is important to you but you have to trust me. You've got no reason to, but you have to. There's no time!"

The Old mantis fidgeted clearly not happy with the situation He had next to no information other than that Tempest had blown her way through the door, and killed countless of the Night's Watch and other guards on her way in here. For all he knew, he could jsut be helping her commit an assassination attempt on his friend's life. Fate was cruel. If he was right and he went through with this... he'd never forgive himself. But, if he was wrong and the whole castle was in danger like Tempest was saying... and he didn't help her... he's still never forgive himself. He had to make a choice. One was clear to him. As, the general, defending his people was the most important duty. He had to do so. "Alright, I'll trust you, what do we do?"

"We need to protect Azegeor's body! He's trying to defeat the creature that took over Solomon's mind from the inside. That spell is protecting him currently but I don't expect ti to last much longer."

"On it!"