Aurora, Lord Cyllis Early Morning, The 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth

The old mantis quickly had his hand flash to his blade, not having seen the presence now speaking to him. However his old worn instinct told him... if they were going to attack, that would've been the greeting, not words. So, he sighed outwardly, before regaining his neutral composure. His palm rested on the pommel of the sword at his waist. The pommel of his well known katana, Old Man Summer. It was clear by the motif towards the handguard of the blade, an old man's mouth opening into the blade. It was made to look like his tongue hanging out of his mouth. It... was a really really strange sword. However it was for that reason a memorable one too. It was well known. Very well known. Any denizen of the Castle would recognize it. Hell, it was a symbol of fear for the Free Races for a long time. They sometimes called it the "Devil's Blade." Though they also had many rumours of it being evil and full of dark magic. None true, for it was just a normal sword. It's wielder was just a genius with a blade.

This made it clear to Aurora she was dealing with the genuine article himself. The actual Lord Cyllis. It was he in the flesh and blood for certain. "I certainly didn't expect company. It is just as unexpected... so, who are you?" he said, a stiff and gruff voice if one was ever heard. One wondered if he was in a bad mood... or he just sounded that way.

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morning
"Well, Lotus as I'm sure you know on the first of every year there is the Benediction. The reaffirming of the Lord's of Night that came before, the restating of their benedictions and the personal delivery of the current Lord of Night's Benediction. Of course... Solomon's not arrived to do so in at least 40 years so the tradition isn't remembered quite as well as it used to be, but I'm getting sidetracked here." she said placing her hand in her lap. "It's another tradition however, that the heads of the departments get together every year and have a meal before the ceremonies. We typically do it for Lunch since Father Babble needs all the time he can get for the preparations and it eats into the least amount of his time. Typically, we each bring a servant with us of our choice." She started to giggle a little before putting her hand to her forehead. She leaned back ever so slightly in the chair she was seated in. "I'll be honest with you Lotus darling, that it's mostly because we need Babble's "babysitter" in the room with him at all times. He's a hard one to deal without her around so, she just put it into the tradition and to make it less obvious it was because of him, we just required every one bring one with them."
She stood up and walked over to Lotus now, much like she had before and placed her hands on her shoulders. She looked her in the eyes with a wonderful smile on her face. "For the rest of us, our servants tend to be more special invitations. And how could I not bring along the beautiful girl who made me so beautiful today?"

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isolda Grace, The First Day of Month 1, Year 1 of Rebirth. Afternoon 1:00 PM

The shoes tapping on the floor in a rhythmic fashion resounded throughout the empty hallway. As the blonde's hair swayed in a small pattern, the hem of her black, red, and white dress swayed in the opposite direction in near unison. The upper portion of her dress consisted of two black halves tied together by red ribbons over a white base and a white doily-esque collar with a red ribbon tied underneath around her neck. At the end of her black sleeve, reaching to half-way down her upper arm, was another red ribbon tied around a white ring of fabric. At her waist were two large white ribbons with red lining and a red ribbon on her back, obscured by her hair. Shortly above the hem of her dress was a zig-zag pattern where the black fabric ended and white fabric continued.

If one had to describe the vampire who was walking through the hall briefly, the word doll-like would be guaranteed to drop in somewhere. Watching the movements of the girl who looked like she was twelve years old was reminiscent to watching a doll walking on its own. That kind of beauty held its own mystique but at the same time, it was something heavily unsettling.

But none of that mattered to Isolda. To her, there was a level of stature that she could get across from her elegance and demeanor that she could overtake how much she was looked down because of her size. For better or for worse, it worked to at least nab her a set of maids from whom she could drink blood from whenever she felt like she needed to consume blood.

As she eventually found herself in front of a large door, she had turned and opened it. Beyond that, was a large library consisting of shelves upon shelves of books, scrolls, and the like. Ever since the Castle had been closed to the outside, this section of the castle had been a solace from boredom. She had always found it quite easy to lose track of time while sitting and getting caught up in some odd book she found on the shelves.

As she made her way past some random Demoness who was sitting at the front desk, she nodded in acknowledgement before making her way to a shelf, picking out some books, and finding her way to the embellished chair and small table next to a window which she usually sat at.

Aurora, Lord Cyllis. Early Morning, The 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth.

"My name is Aurora, my lord." The Huntress said, still motionless where she was, her eyes lingering on the sheathed blade. "This is where I've made my sleeping quarters, of sorts." It occurred to her that the long fabled Lord Cyllis of the Sword arriving in this place was probably no mere accident or misturn, if he was familiar enough with the chamber to find it without guidance and expect no one else to be here. Well, the place was old afterall, at least as old as the rest of the Water System in the castle, and Lord Cyllis probably even older than that by far. Who knows what myriad of ancient memories this chamber might have held, what events if might have seen or conversations it might have heard, before she found it after the gates closed and it became obvious no one was ever leaving the castle again?

"My lord, might I ask though," She began. "what brings you to this place? When I first stumbled upon it long ago, I had thought it somewhere long since unused and forgotten about. And, forgive me but, you don't seem to be in the best of moods."

Icarus, Isolda Grace. Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 1:00 PM

After he had finished his breakfast, Icarus was making his way through the castle halls with a destination in mind. In the castle there was one large library that housed many of the castle's books, most of these books are written by the countless generations of the Dark Denizens that inhabit Castle Dour and the Underdark. Some of course were also written by authors of the Free Races, these books were usually not given by them willingly but were most likely stolen or taken by force. No matter how the books got there, all that mattered was that the library was the place where if you looked hard enough, you could find useful information you needed. So that was Icarus's objective, to find information.

In his travels throughout the castle, he found hints that there was a way for one to enter the Castle's Waterways, normally Icarus would have no interest in finding out how to travel to a place filled with filth and grime but perhaps those waterways were a way to escape out of the castle undetected. But, Icarus did not know how he could enter the waterways, and even if he did, he was smart enough to know he couldn't travel down there without learning more about the crumbling passageways he would have to travel.

So Icarus found himself in front of the large wooden door that lead to the even larger library, opening the door he entered confidently and with purpose. He's only been here a couple times throughout his stay, although he would have liked to explore the great majority of books that were already here he could never find the time to do so unfortunately. As he walked past the front desk, he nodded his head slightly in greetings to the demoness as she nodded back, recognition in their eyes at what they both were and the mutual respect they shared the for the other. As he was not familiar with the library, he would have asked her to show him where they would have kept books that dealt with information about the castle and how it was built. But he knew from experience that a fellow demon could easily be an enemy as well as an ally, she could have asked why he was so interested in the castle's structure and perhaps used this information against him if she chose too. Telling the higher powers of Castle Dour about his curious inquisitions about the castle, this was just one reason why demons preferred not work with each other unless they had to. So he decided to search for information on his own, that is, until he saw a little girl sitting next to a window. She somehow managed to look elegant as she sat there reading her book, blond hair flowing down her shoulders and back as she seemed to outshine the embellished chair she was sitting on. Icarus was curious about this doll-like child, something about her seemed... similar, perhaps he had heard about her but couldn't quite remember when, and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't put a name to the face. Either way though, the small stack of books next to her made it seem like she was probably already comfortable with the library and could perhaps help him in his search for information about the castle. After all, this child probably couldn't be much of a threat to him and most likely wouldn't use this information against him unlike the demoness, or so he hoped.

Icarus approached the child slowly and gave her a confident smile, speaking in a warm voice that he reserved for charming others. "Hello lil miss, sorry to bother you but would you mind helping me find a certain book if it doesn't trouble you too much." he said as he crouched down slightly so the child could be eye level with him.

Edited by Shadow Mankey

Regent, Van Arlo, Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 8:55 AM

Regent let the skeleton land before replying to this offense. "You should have found a different route, meatless." He had turned to follow the suit of armor as it descended and landed. There was a momentary narrowing of eyes, a tightening of muscle and sinew, an almost imperceptible drop in the ambient temperature, and then Regent displayed why he was still a creature to be respected and feared. He lunged forward at a speed that might have seemed impossible for something of his size, one paw hurtling toward the skeleton to deal a crushing blow. Regent didn't mean to actually kill - or whatever passed for killing a skeleton - but he wasn't above roughing up the undead warrior more than a little bit.

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morning

"I did not realize it was that time of year..." She tapped three fingers against her lips, and turned her eyes skywards as she tried to recall exactly how long it had been. It really was hard to keep track of time, Lotus would only sleep when she didn't have work. But there was never shortage of work in castle; her masters always wanted more and more lustrous clothing, and all this clothing needed to be mended and taken care of. The other servants also often asked for her help when they ripped their uniforms or damaged their master's clothing. Lotus wasn't one to refuse them, so she took their work as well. And in the rare times she had free time she liked to practice her martial arts, or work on a dress of her own. This, coupled with daily hour-long prayers to her Goddess didn't leave much time for a trivial thing such as sleeping. So the time just went on and on and on and on.

Lotus was immediately brought back to reality when the Countess explained the reason for the servants. The lady's giggles were like music to her ears, bringing a smile to the servant's lips. It made her incredibly happy to be able to speak to the Countess so naturally, for the Countess to treat her in such a special manner. She silently vowed to return the favor a hundred fold. Mentally she was already planning her next gown, one that would far surpass this one. Maybe a scarlet ballroom dress.

As the Countess inched nearer to Lotus, she once again felt as her heart might start beating. It meant so much to Lotus, just getting the chance to be near Sybil. "Your words honor me, and bring the greatest joy into my life your grace. I will make sure not to disappoint you or our house." She straightened her posture as if to reaffirm this. Lotus didn't think herself beautiful; vain thoughts like those never crossed her mind. But whenever the Countess said so, she believed so. Maybe she should start taking better care of her hair... If she was going to go with the Countess to a public meal she needed to look her best herself. But for now, Lotus decided to enjoy the moment. She was speaking to the Countess, and very naturally. She wanted this moment to never end, so she asked another question.

"Your grace, if you'll allow me to ask, why does Father Babble always need his servant?" Lotus asked less out of curiosity, but more to hear that sweet melodic voice again.

Van expected as much, he's seen way too may bar fights to expect that this wouldn't escalate. While usually he'd try to defend him, attacking a 15ft Draco with just his fists didn't seem like the best idea. He doubted that rusted butter knife the soldier left behind would be much use either. Noticing the incoming pounce he leaped to the side doing a roll as he barley was able to dodge the incoming attack. 'This blue lizard is faster then it looks. Guess getting out of here wouldn't be as easy as I first thought.' The Skeleton thought as he proceeded to run up the hallway away from Regent. He wasn't expecting to out pace him on foot, but he just wanted to see if the draco would still give chase.

The wyvern let out a sound that was somewhere between a growl and a bark as he rushed directly at the fleeing skeleton, his efficient, rolling gait taking him down the hall quickly. He bore down on the warrior - and then just continued running, moving a short distance past him until he stopped and made a skidding turn to face the one he called "meatless" once again. Either he would have been forced to dodge sideways, or simply trampled beneath his feet. He waited patiently once he turned back around. "Have you reconsidered your thoughts on speed and size?"

Aurora, Lord Cyllis. Early Morning, The 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth.

"Mood? I am in no mood. Well none of your concern. Well... maybe. So... Aurora is it?" The old lord paused as if he wanted her to answer... and then immediately kept talking as if he hadn't stopped. "I had figured this place would be place that my men knew of. It was a training ground that I had used maaaany years ago. The very one where I perfected the best techniques of my age with a sword. After all this is the birthplace of the God Slash, a mighty mighty technique. That matters not. A report was filed, a missing person's report from the Solider Core, a wife said her Husband never returned. Furthermore, I noticed another solider missing from his post this morning and thought I'd investigate. After all, I'm off duty for today is the day of the Benediction. The General is expected to arrive at the meeting of the Heads later tonight. This gave me the free time to investigate something within my notes that didn't sit well with me, and a discrepancy. And, as i happen to know the solider who was absent today has a bad habit... of coming towards the waterways on days off, or at the end of drills." It was hard to tell, but, it was quite possible and... most likely that he meant Ajax. However, he never said the solider's name. Probably for obvious reasons. The most likely of one being he would think she was out of place and maybe not involved in the situation. Whatever was up there brewing in his mind. He continued.

"So, Miss... Aurora? I came here searching for a particular man who was not seen with the rest of the guard core this day. If you saw anyone else down here. I'd expect you'd tell me. After all, I do need to set this disappearance straight. I'll not have a young boy crying in my office and his mother insisting that I put together a search party to find him every morning. If you have information... I'd rather like if you gave it to me. Otherwise, i would rather like to reminsce. After all, this place was somewhere I trained every day, almost every hour once. When I was younger of course. I hope I would not be imposing on your home if I did so."

As the blue draco charged towards him, Van took another leap to the side. He always hated moving on land, the lack of mobility annoyed him. Though what annoyed him more was this giant lizard. Maybe he should've just let him dine, it would've been less of a headache for him. "The only thing I reconsidered is how much of a nuisance you are." He responded to the draco. Van didn't stop running forward. He aimed to once again go past the lizard in-front of him. Only he didn't go around the beast, rather he just kept running straight towards him. One would wonder if was even trying to get past the beast the way he approached.

The skeleton's action confused him somewhat. He obviously had the advantage in size, so why would the warrior charge at him? Regardless, he was just asking to be punished. He angled his body to the side, and tensed for a moment, then launched himself sideways, a bulky shoulder leading the rest of his mass. He was using his weight to his advantage, relying on a sudden burst of speed along with his bulk to land the body check.

The draco did just as he hoped for. As soon as the Skeleton noticed he set the next part of his plan into motion. [Reaper's Flight: On] He got off the ground by only a mere few inches as gusts of wind kept him a-float. Rather then focusing the wind on maintaining height, he focused it more on mobility. With this he pushed himself to the side, just quick enough to move around the charging Lizard. After which he continued pushing himself forward getting into a more aerodynamic stance. Anyone could've notice that he was much more agile in the air then on the ground, like he spent more time training in aerial combat. However, the draco could still catch up to the skeleton. Their speeds were just more even compared to when he was grounded.

Regent, Van Arlo, Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 9:00 AM

So that was his plan. No matter. He tensed up once more, taking a brief moment to prepare himself for this maneuver. A quick glance toward the ceiling and walls might have betrayed his intention; Regent determined that he should have enough room. With a prodigious leap, he launched himself into the air while spinning, turning almost horizontally in the air and whipping his tail in an arc toward his opponent. He did make a slight error in his estimation, however, as his tail slammed into the opposite wall, cracking the ancient mortar and causing Regent to growl slightly in pain.

Isolda had always been fascinated by the tales weaved by the humans. Before that day the strange man had entered the manor when she was twelve, she had enjoyed listening to tales her mother had told her of heroes and of life outside of the manor. Whether it was true or not was never an issue to her. Even now, those tales always fascinated her.

She could easily find herself lost in those types of tales. After all, she failed to notice the approach of Mister Tall, Dark, and Mysterious who came up in front of her. He had crouched over to meet her eye level.

He had lowered himself to her level to ask her a question. How…arrogant. To assume that he had to bring himself down to another's level purely due to appearance was…arrogant.

Isolda made a mental note of where she was in her book. "If you wish to ask a favor, don't crouch over to eye-level. It comes off as patronizing." She said, before closing it and placing it on the table next to her. "So, what book are you looking for exactly?"

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Nearing Afternoon.

"I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but it's because Babble... is a special case. He's just a rather strange individual and he needs someone to rein him in unlike many others. Of course, he doesn't know that's what he has an assistant for, so you shouldn't let him know that. However, Babble is a powerful Priest in the service of Nocturne. He's no mere joke and he's got a position on the staff for a reason. he just needs some help is all." Sybil kept a smile on her face the entire time. She, unlike many others in Dour, didn't mind the strange jelly. He was just a big dumb kid really and he was lost without his servant most of the time. However, he was still very effective at serving his job. It was the one thing he actually very good at. Sybil didn't think anyone was more qualified for the position as there was no current priests other than Babble, and especially not at Babble's level, that had powers from Nocturne. Nocturne rarely granted their abilities to those on the mortal plane, however Babble was one such exception. As a result Sybil elt he knew the will of the god better than any and that he should be the one to run the Temple for that reason. Others thought he much too childish, not fit for a real job of any sort. However, it was Sybil that kept him from losing his position. Most didn't care to bevy against Babble anymore... if it meant having to deal with her.

"So, since you will be meeting him, try to be understanding. He's a bit much for most to handle, especially the first time. It's a miracle his Assistant hasn't been driven mad yet, but she's a resilient woman. With a very thankless job." Sybil always felt for Barbara. After all, it had been her that put her there. Barbara as once one of her servants. One of the better ones as well. However she knew that someone was needed to keep Babble in check. The poor jelly could barely handle dressing himself on certain days. It wasn't that he was stupid, daft, any of that, in fact he was quite smart. He just wasn't able to ever pay attention or really get anything done if left on his own other than eating everything in sight. Sybil knew that her servant would be the perfect one to keep him in check. However, she never felt right about sending her there. Even though Barb herself wanted to, and chose to do so.

Regent, Van Arlo, ??? Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 9:00 AM

Suddenly both Arlo and Regent felt their bodies come to a dead halt. After hearing from another hall the shout [Multi-Magic: Momentum Freeze] they found themselves unable to move frozen in the positions they were in before the spell had taken hold. A rather large suit of armour walked forward from a nearby doorframe. It was the spitting image of a Paladin's suit of armour one from the Free Races. However, anyone that knew anything about the Castle would know who this figure was. It was a particular Librarian, one who was definitely on his lunch break and definitely not happy with the current events going on. This was the Illithid best known as Iidrra. He was the master of books for the castle. There were dastardly rumors that he was also some sort of Spymaster as well however... much of that was true was up to debate. What was known was he was excessively cranky and not shy with his use of magic. After all, what he just did made this evident.

A telepathic message blurted directly into their minds, "Which of you is paying for the damage to the Castle's walls? Or am I going to have to make you pay with your bodies? I could use two idiots like you for carrying books."

Regent, Van Arlo, Iidrra Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 9:00 AM

'Great, the giant lizard just had to go damage the wall. So much for being careful about not causing a scene. Though I guess the chasing part didn't help with that either.' Van thought to himself as he floated there right after his lower body was knocked by his last attack. He was about to regain his posture in the air before being frozen by Iidrra. "Well, how much does it cost to fix?" The Skeleton asked the Illithid. Van was gonna contribute some amount to it since he was involved, However, he was gonna leave most of the payment to the lizard who made the cracks in the first place. It was his carelessness that caused him to damage the wall and Van is not going to pay for that beast anytime soon.

"The meatless one questioned my strength, hunter of thought, and so I attempted to educate him. These halls are not suited to my form." The communication carried a cutting edge of irritation; if there was one thing that irked the drake more than having his power called into doubt, it was being restrained. Still, despite the hostility, there was no real tone of confrontation; Regent was intelligent enough to realize that not all threats were proportional to their physical size, hence the respectful title "hunter of thought" given to the illithids he interacted with.

The higher ups wouldn't notice, he said; The higher ups wouldn't care, he said... bah, Ajax, you fool... of all the things for you to be wrong about... "I'm sorry, but I've not seen anyone down here as of late, except for you yourself, my lord." She said, voice steady and clear. "I do hope that you find him though. It must be terrible for his kin, not knowing anything...I can only imagine it."

She knew they would not find him though. She knew that they would never find Ellim. That criminal's body was gone now, she knew it for a fact; her venom had begun it's secondary work the moment it had kicked in for him. What had once been Sylvi's assailant was nothing more than an odorless, liquefied mass wrapped up in silk now, waiting to be consumed later, just as it would be.

And she wasn't about to go admitting to any of the latest happenings down here either; As far as her or Sylvi or Ajax were involved in any of this, it was done, finished.

A wrong had been committed. And that wrong had been recompensed appropriately. This was the Arachni way. This was the way of the strong, of those who fought their own battles and proudly carried their own scars from said battles, rather than expecting someone else to fight it for them every time.

Did she feel sorrow for the boy and his dam? Yes, she did, she would admit. But it was nowhere near enough sorrow to guilt her into speaking; she once had literally lost everyone and everything she had ever known up to that point in her life, afterall. She knew of loss, she knew full well of the pain it caused, and she had probably felt the shadowed and veiled claws of that horrid pain tear at her heart and soul far more times in just that short span back then than either Ellim's son or Mate would ever feel in their entire life times.

No one lives forever. Not even the gods- the tale Ajax had once told her about his beloved idol Seeker proved as much that even a god could someday fall -everyone dies at some point, it is simply a matter of when, where, how, and why.

Her clan died long ago, in their own home, done in by a strange affliction and madness for a reason Aurora did not know.

And the Soldier named Ellim had died before the sun even broke on the horizon this day, in these very passages, here in the dark of the Waterways, he had fallen to the venom and retaliation of an Arachni Huntress, and the reason he died was because he looked at Sylvi, not even a full two days ago, and he got in his mind that he could prey upon her, that he could force himself on the girl, and get away with that crime because he assumed his victim was too meek and too damn timid to have the good sense and courage to scream her lungs out the moment she realized what was going to happen.

So... Aurora. She had nothing to say in any further regard to the 'disappearance'. It was a done affair, and once an affair is done, one should not dwell on the past... it only opens the way for old wounds to open yet again. And Sylvi's wounds were still fresh, so to speak. Had barely even begun to heal- the girl was acting strong, but Aurora saw it as she left her, had sensed it in the girl's very breath and heartbeat when she'd hugged her. If she said anything here, they'd be more than merely torn open; they would have the salt of bureaucratic scrutiny rubbed in them to boot. Sylvi was the one who really mattered to her, the one she most concerned herself about here at the end of the day; not some little Ram brat she had never met nor seen, crying over his Sire who was a predator of the worst type, disguised in literal sheep's clothing as he went around targeting little Servant Girls; chances were that the lycan probably had not been the first he'd gone after, if he was so bold as to blatantly attack her as she said he did. And chances were that Sylvi would not have been the last victim, had he escaped.

And as far as she was concerned, Sylvi had fucking been through enough already.

"You're not imposing here though, my Lord, I can assure you," She continued. "In fact, it's honestly quite the opposite, more of an honor than anything. This space here... it's really where you developed the fabled God Slash?" hell, if the man wanted to reminisce, she wasn't about to stop him, not if it would steer the subject away from the missing Ellim... besides, not like she had much else to do today anyway, except perhaps sleep.

The 12th Brute 1st of the Year of Rebirth 10:30 or so

The 12th Brute walked down a hallway lined with statues of the previous Brute’s towards his chambers. He stopped at the last statue one of a Zombie man this was the statue of The 11th Brute the one who trained The 12th and the one he killed to get his name. Nodding to the statue which was wearing and holding the equipment that he used in life or rather unlife to reaffirm the promise The 12th made when he killed him. Not to ever lose until there where others to carry on the Name of Brute. Having paid his respect The 12th turned away and walked in to his chambers.

His chambers where very plain without much adornment, his bed was made of stone since wood couldn’t hold his weight. He had two chairs in the room a large one made of stone many would call a throne if it had any kind of decoration at all but to The 12th it was the only thing big enough he could sit in with any comfort the other was a fancy wooded one that The 12th used for guest. In one corner was a shelf that The 12th used to hold books as well as a chess board with stone pieces. Next to it was a wine stand holding three bottles of three different vintages (he needed to restock it at some point) a gift The 11th gave to him after he passed a test in his training. On the other side of the room was the only thing that had any kind of true adornment was his armor polished daily so it would always gleam that his until The 12th was turn lose on the enemies of the castle though that time was far away as long as the doors remained closed.

Sighing The 12th grabbed bottle of his wine along with a pair of stone cups and took the chess board out setting it up in between the two chairs. By the time he finished the familiar sound of certain footsteps could be heard entering the room.

Without even looking up The 12th pored the wine into the cups and spoke in his heavy baritone of a voice “So Gargan did you enjoy the fight today or are you going to complain about me finishing it to fast? Either way you will be black today since you won the last match.”

“Well I should complain if you keep finishing the fights that quick I’m going to have to payout more gold to the people betting on quick fights.” A wizen voice said as its owner sat into the wooden chair. A well ancient goblin that was probably the best way to describe Gargan he was much older then most if not all of his kind, but that never stopped him from running the Pit since it was made. Normally Gargan was always about the money that’s why he brought The 12th in to fight in the Pit after all well that and his good wine and his chess game.

“Well then find me some stronger opponents to fight or at the least bigger so I can’t just throw them out of the ring like today.” The 12th said moving his first piece.

“Well most of the bigger fighters are worried that you will break their legs with that hammer of yours so they won’t take any fight with you. I think its time that we take you up to the higher levels of the castle so you can beat up those fancies.” Gargan laughed as he waved his hand and a glowing one grabbed his piece and moved it.

“You know a well as I do that I won’t go up there just to fight they worry much more about damages up there. Besides I don’t won’t to get on the wrong side of a higher up just because I used the wrong fork or something, hell I don’t think they have forks I could hold anyway up there.” The 12th said with a laugh moving his second piece.

“That’s probably true in some places up there. So you still just going to use that strategy you know I can counter it in a move” Gargan said with smile as the glowing hand moved the next piece.

With a smile The 12th moved his next piece taking the one Gargan just moved. “Of course I know that that’s what I wanted to think that. Who knows maybe the doors will open soon and then I can go out and find better fights.”

Studying the pieces trying Gargan spoke “Yeah like that would happen but even I might join you in that if it does someone had to make money off of you somehow. So how about we make a bet then? If I win you and me go to the upper levels and make a ruckus and if you win I will give you the full purse from today’s fight sound good?” He grinned as he moved his piece.

“Sounds like a good bet.” The 12th said well inclining his cup in cheers as the two odd friends conversation died as they began to concentrate more on the game at hand.

Icaurs continued to give the child his charming smile but stood upright once again. "Patronize"...the child knows big words, perhaps she's smarter and more mature than she looks, he thought to himself

"Sorry about that lil miss, I didn't mean to patronize you." he said, other than him not knowing much about the girl she didn't seem to be able to cause much trouble. But yet, something in the back of his mind kept nagging at him, he could of sworn he's seen or heard about someone similar to the girl but still his mind couldn't bring up the right memory.

"I'm looking for a book that I believe is called The Great Construction of Castle Dour" the book he's referring to was recommended to him by one of the castle denizens. He was told that the book was written by the head architect of Castle Dour when he had completed building it, but he had written it mostly to brag about his skills in building the castle rather than explain about every piece of the castle's foundations. Still, there was a possibility that the architect could have given information about the castle's waterways and how one could enter it, and even more importantly, how one can travel through it if they so wish.

Edited by Shadow Mankey

"I don't care what he did you stupid LIZARD!!! Don't you know how hard it is keeping this Castle from falling into pieces? You WAAAAAANT SOLOMON TO BE MORE OFF HIS ROCKERS!??!?!" a silly statement coming from the Illithid who was literally having a meltdown right in front of the two. His robes were all ruffled as his arms starting to increase in velocity the louder he was yelling. It was so much so that his physical mouth started making noises he was seething with that much anger. He stopped took a deep breathe and fixed both of them the most horrifying death stare they had probably seen in their lives.

"After the Benediction... you two idiots better be in my office to discuss reparations. If your not... weeeeell, let's just say you're going to miss a lot more appointments and not because of your faulty brain wiring." the spell's effect now wore off it wasn't meant to be a long effect. It was a strange spell for certain and it wasn't typically used by battle mages. After all Hold spells were typically more effective then ones that just stopped a creatures momentum for a short amount of time. Hold spells held for longer though they could be physically broken out of. One would begin to wonder why he choose to use it, but it wasn't really important.

((First instance of Character being around in two scenes happening, however, this is by the time he would arrive back at the place he's supposed to be.))

Icarus, Isolda Grace, Iidrra. Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 1:00 PM

"And who told you that existed?" a twisting feeling entered into the minds of those in the room. It was unpleasant and certainly not a welcome presence. It was clear it was probably an Illithid, and one that didn't care to be civil when putting out his telepathy signal. It felt like something had forced it's way into their ear and lodged itself there and starting talking. Except it was being perceived directly by the mind. It was a strange feeling.
"No such volume exists or ever existed. You think an architect would be stupid enough to write the secrets of the castle in a text? And you think I'd be dumb enough to not burn the manuscript? That is knowledge that would be detrimental if it got out. After all, the Free Races wouldn't be above sending someone to infiltrate and discover that knowledge... we'd be dead by now."
The Demoness at the counter spoke up now, yelling across the room at the presence yelling at them in their heads. "Iidrra, calm down. It's just an inquiry."
"Caaaalm DOWN!?!!?! THIS MAN'S ASKING FOR A BOOK THAT WOULD HOLD THE KEY TO DESTROYING THIS CASTLE!!! I really want to know who started this rumour so I can clobber the stupid out of their brain. Or... Erase it. Even if it did exist how would a book survive over that many millennium? Doooooooooooooes anyone around here remember how old this damned place is? I DON'T THINK THEY DO!!! WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING KIDS IN HISTORY THESE DAY!?!?" The illithid seething, marched back into the office, and slammed the door hard.
The Demoness started to talk to both Isolda and Icarus. "I'm... not sure what's got him in a mood buuuuuut you might not want to be here when he gets back. After all... I'm sure you both have heard stories of Iidrra's temper. They are pretty much all true. The only one that's not is the one about him shooting acid out of his eyes. That he can't do... thank Nocturne. Otherwise I'd have to hear the end of it for all the damage to the books."

Regent, Van Arlo, Iidrra Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 9:05 AM

The argent drake dropped awkwardly to the ground; he had been halted in midair, after all. After he picked himself back up, he looked at the old illithid with a fair degree of confusion, his head tilting almost like a dog's. "Hunter of thought. . . I do not believe I can fit into your den. The last time I moved into the libraries I had a tome thrown at me." Regent's presence was generally not appreciated any place where things were kept in a strict order, or where there were shelves that could be easily knocked over or crushed by the great beast's weight. This one is strange, he thought, this time not broadcasting. I. . . do not believe I have even heard those sounds before. He glanced over at the skeleton, trying to gauge his reaction to the highly unusual sight before them.

Icarus, Isolda Grace, Iidrra. Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 1:00 PM

Icarus exhaled slowly, his eyes turning a dark shade of red as his anger was starting to flare up at being scolded at like some impudent child. He has heard about the short tempered master of books throughout his stay in the castle, especially since when he first heard about him there were rumors about him being the Spymaster of the castle. Because of Icarus's "profession", a spymaster is something that held high interest for him, not to work under him and to give him information. No no no, he would have loved to use the Spymaster for his own advantage and perhaps have him as a sort of ally in order to gain information from him rather than giving it to him. Unfortunately he learned quickly about the damn bookkeeper's temper and realized that if he WAS a spymaster, he would have been a thorn in his side at best. So he left the over-glorified bookkeeper alone and instead focused on staying out of his sight. But this... this was something that Icarus wouldn't forget anytime in the near future, he was not about to let him get away with his audacity. It didn't matter if it happened tomorrow or ten years from now, Icarus would repay him for his insolence.

So he headed to the door with his head held high, the only sign of the boiling anger withing him were that of his dark red eyes that caused others around him to be wary. The fool is hiding something obviously, this isn't ending here. I will find the information I'm looking for, either in that damn book or some other way. I WILL find it! he thought to himself as his provoked tail swished back and forth beneath his cloak, threatening to reveal itself.

Edited by Shadow Mankey

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Nearing Afternoon.

Patiently listening to the Countess, the smile continued perfectly on her lips. Why wouldn't she smile when hearing stories from the countess? When her lady finished speaking, Lotus was prepared to reply. "I understand, your grace. I'll make sure to be on my best behavior. Thank you for teaching me, you are so knowledgeable on the castle's happenings" She gave the sweetest smile she could. However, Lotus felt the time passing. Soon they would have to depart for lunch! She wanted to talk more, but instead decided to prepare for the meal. Lotus went to the small dresser and pulled out three white towels. She didn't normally attend to her master's lunches, but she knew what was needed to do. Hanging the three towels on her arm, she would be prepared.

"Your grace, during the meal we'll have to take care not to dirty your dress" Lotus actually wondered, would Lady Contiello be eating food with the others? She herself couldn't remember ever eating anything other than blood. After all she didn't need anything else. Did the Countess indulge in food for pleasure? Maybe they brought goblet of blood, or maybe even a live prey for the Countess to drink from. Curiosity got the best of her and she asked. "If you'll allow me a third question, your grace. What do you and Lord Henrick usually eat at these meals? Does your grace eat the same as the other guests, or drink blood? I ask because blood stains are very difficult to clean off." She knew from experience. In some of her other uniforms, she still had blood stains that stuck to the silk. Lotus would make sure to not let the Countess' dress be damaged today. Not after all of the work that went to it, and not after the Lady treasured it so much. "We should also get ready to leave soon, your grace. We wouldn't want to be late to your meal."

Icarus, Isolda Grace, Iidrra. Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Afternoon 1:02 PM

Isolda did not even get the chance to answer. Under normal circumstances, that would be fine. It would mean she had more time to get lost in the books she had picked off the shelf. But this time was different.

As amusing as watching the Demon in front of him storm out of the library angrily was, it was troublesome that she had to leave in order to avoid Iidrra's supposedly incoming rampage. Even more troublesome was the fact that Iidrra had gotten mad at a regular like her who had made a practical second home in the library for the Demon's own actions. It had probably not even been a few minutes since she had started reading and her little solace from boredom had come to a complete halt.

Luckily, she had made a mental note of where she was in the book she was reading and what books she had picked up for her current reading session. It would probably best to leave as quickly as possible so, rather than putting the books back like she normally would, she picked up the pile of books and left them at the counter near the Demoness. "I'll probably come back later today…if not, then tomorrow." She said to the Demoness while waving and then walked out of the door.

As she walked down the hallways in her simple rhythm, Isolda had wondered what to do in the meantime. Wandering around the halls would be too boring and monotonous. Maybe it was time to just go get a drink at the dining hall. A glass of wine would definitely suffice at a time like this.