((This thread will be used for goings-on that happen within the Castle and the small area surrounding it, also know as Underdark. Any events that happen here must be written well... here! Training is an exception, but that will be handled later since there won't be any true training until that thread is unlocked and the story begins.))

Azegeor, Tempest, Henrick, and... The Figure of White. Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morn'

"We all know he's gone mad... even the citizens are feeling it now. What are we waiting for?"

"It's not so simple Heinrich... "

"Psssssssssh, of course you'd say that bag o' bones. Everything is about the right time for you. We waitin' for the Planets to align? Huh? Huuuuuh?"

The vampire lord leaned forward, towards the target of his hurled insult. He tried to look imposing scary, but his thin fragile looking frame betrayed him. Despite his demeanor and his words, he looked harmless, like there wasn't really anything he could do about it. He looked like a shady character, a mobster, but more so like the boss, the one who never got his own hands dirty. Without any of his muscle around he just looked like a skinny punk trying to throw his non existent weight around. He hair was obviously slicked back and held in place with something. A small curt mustache sat on his lip. It was well trimmed and maintained. It curled at it's end something put there by many hours of meticulous work. Clearly, this one cared a lot about his appearance. Now, the target of his words, was a Lich. The skeletal remains of a powerful wizard... or so they said. The Lich sat directly across from this Heinrich. It was hard to see really any of his frame as it was covered in a inky black cloak. It was strange to look at as it looked as if the night sky adorned his body. It really messed with the eyes and the mind.

He pressed his boney hand to his temple. and sighed loudly. How this was possible without a windpipe... who knew? But it happened nonetheless. "No, Heinrich, you can't just remove a monarch and expect no recourse. Despite how bad we know he is for Dour right now he has supporters. We can't just waltz in and remove him."

"He's right after all. Even if I don't really want to agree. I wish I could just flow with the wind and do what I wanted when I wanted, but the world is not as carefree as me." said another figure from out of frame. Both gentleman sat back in their seat as they turned to face the one who had just spoken. It was... some sort of being. One that really couldn't be seen, but yet could at the same time. A slight shimmering in the form of something humanoid stood at the other end of the table. Cracks of lightning jumped in the frame lighting the room with soft glows of blue light every now and then. Where a person's finger nails would be were five shards of light in the shape of sharp nails. They seemed to be rocks, but in reality were hardened Lightning. It was faint but they had the same blue glow that the surging bolts within it's frame.

"Of course Tempest, the adults are talking though keep quiet."

"Quiet Heinrich!"

Azegeor probably would've been betrayed by his face revealing his emotion however, due to being a Lich... he didn't have facial features. Luckily for him this didn't portray his anger towards Heinrich. Instead it sounded as if he was a superior telling a subordinate to cease their prattling.

"We have more important matters to attend to. Where are the others?"

The Elemental girl spoke up, the Tempest that Heinrich was referring to earlier.

"Well, Father Babble is attending the Night Benediction after all, you should now that is this night. However, will he prepare the Benediction of Solomon... or the benediction of Azegeor?"

"My Sybil is attending to the servants as well My lord, though I've not really let her know too much of the plan."

"That's not a concern Heinrich... despite what you think she knows she knows everything. She has her ways." In response to this statement... Heinrich's pale face seemingly turned red with embarrassment. O course, everyone in the castle but him seemed to know that Sybil, was in charge of his affairs whether he liked it or not. Though she had never once been to one of these meetings she knew their entire contents. Azegeor admired her tenacity and resourcefulness. It was really because of her he even let Heinrich in on it. Nothing she would follow suit with her husband's desires if she wanted them as well, he made sure that despite how much a bother it was having Heinrich know anything, he was a good affront for Sybil. He was the face, the body people got to see. But the Spider lurked behind. He was the baying hound, the bark. She was the Hiding spider... the bite.

"However, what do you think, White?" The figure of White... a mysterious female figure that had been at Castle Dour longer than most could remember. It was in her hall they held this meeting... her dreaded hall. Most feared to go here. Despite the claims that the Figure of White could heal any wound no matter how grave, from any being... she was feared. She was mysterious. Her Mirror was rumored to see all within the Castle and that she knew the sins of anyone she met. And, as such... she'd collect on them if you came for healing. No one knew how true this was, but they could see why these rumors spread. The entire back wall of the chamber, a Mirror, however a cloudy one. Nothing could be seen in it. However, apparently White could see everything within it. The apparent whispers of the world. Or so she claimed. In front of it a giant wooden chair. In it sat the Figure of White, or White for short. Nothing could be seen of her other than her hands towards the end of the arms and her raven black hair that flowed down the back of the chair.

"I think that all that needs to be is in place. You have an ally within the throne-room. A Solider by the name of "Times". For now he is not on your side, but the ripples will align him with you. He is a loyal man. His word lies with that who is the Lord of Night. Your numbers will be bolstered and control easily wrested. So... Azegeor... the throne is in your reach. What will you do once you obtain it?"

"I'll lead Castle Dour to greatness. We will be the gem of the Damned we once were."

"Is that true? Hmmm, well I'd like to say I believe that. We'll see your rule in time."

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icarus. Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Right before noon.

Icarus slowly opened his eyes as the sun somehow managed to peak in through the close curtains in his room, beaming at the perfect angle in order to shine on his eyes. He grunted annoyingly at being woken up, getting up and adjusting his curtains so the sun was completely blocked out.

"So much for sleeping in today..." he mumbled to no one, his eyes quickly adjusted to the slight darkness that filled his room as his tail swayed slightly from side to side as if it too was trying to wake up. Stretching his arms he walked over and prepared his bath, cleaning himself quickly before getting dressed in his regular clothes. He put on his dark grey, light armor and the black cloak that he wears over it as well as putting on his padded black boots. Afterwards he straps his trusty silver chain and twin blades to his waist, hidden beneath his black cloak expertly, many people walk around the castle with their weapons on hand as there were a lot of beasts around here that could be easily provoked.

Finally being fully prepared he walked through the door and out of his room, as he walked out he saw a young servant girl hurriedly walking past. She was small and frail, her messy brown hair pulled up to keep it out of her face though single hairs still managed to poke up, her delicate hands filled with dirty rags that were probably heading to be cleaned. "What's the hurry Elizabeth, don't you want to greet me a good morning?" he teased, the servant girl looked back at Icarus, walking back in a hurry she stopped and stood in front of him.

"I'm very sorry Ic-Sir!" Elizabeth corrected herself as she bowed her head forward slightly in greeting, allowing him to see her furry, small brown feline ears. "I'm just heading to get these cleaned up, my mistress sent me out and wants me to return with haste in order to help her prepare herself for the day" She spit out in a hurry, she obviously did not want to upset her mistress. Most Beastmen servants were very timid as most had the traits of timid animals, Elizabeth here was fused with a cat as one could easily see by her strangely yellow eyes and slight whiskers sprouting from her cheeks.

"All right Elizabeth, go on and do as you were told, I don't need your mistress being angry at me for keeping you from your duties" Icarus joked, usually Elizabeth was one that he would stop when he spotted her and ask her to give him any information and gossip she might have heard. Icarus had earned her trust and she knew not to tell anyone what she told him, he learned from experience that servants could be some of the most useful informants one could have. Though while she was in the middle of working, he wouldn't keep her for long as he knew it wouldn't do much good to get her in trouble.

"Thank you Sir! I must go now, I hope you have a delightful morning!" Without another word she scurried off to complete her task, her furry tail swinging behind her as she went. Once she disappeared from sight, Icarus went the opposite direction in search of his morning meal.

• Support Squad

Arcene, just before midnight, 1st of the year of Rebirth.

"Well, you're certainly a confident little minx aren't you my dear?" commented the hapless, young lust demon, openly leering at his lovely companion as they walked ever further away from the public eye towards a secluded section of the Underdark few ever cared to enter.

Arcene giggled, doing her best to imitate the other doe-eyed monsters who had accompanied the lust demon in their less than innocent frolicking. Her appearance was similar to the attractive vampire women he seemed to have taken a liking to. "Well I have to be, if I want to catch the attentions of one such as yourself, my lord." Flattery was good. Arcene had gathered that the demon was new to his powers and the applications of such. He had become arrogant as a result of being able to twist most monsters around his finger.

"You have nothing to worry about. Right now my attentions are for you and you alone" He whispered, an attempt at what Arcene figured to be seduction. Arcene answered with a wicked smile as she turned. They had arrived. The lust demon leaned in for a kiss and Arcene obliged him, only for a moment.

"I knew it!" A shrill voice cried from the darkness. An eclectic group of monsters emerged from the shadows that hid them from view nearby. The majority of them were the vampiers Arcene was imitating but there were others, including a troll who looked incredibly angry, a ghost with a rather melancholy expression and an amorphous blob. "She wasn't lying, he's cheated on all of us!" One of the vampires began to sob, most began yelling accusations.

The lust demon stumbled away from Arcene and the mob of jilted lovers. "T-this isn't what it looks like!" He cried to the crowd, following with other lacklustre tempts to quell their anger. He glanced aside at Arcene, a confused plea for help in his eyes. Arcene still held that wicked smile as her form changed to his standard bizarre appearance. The lust demons eyes shone with recognition. "You!" He spat. In this part of the Underdark Arcene's strange appearance was unmistakable. The trickster who frequently harassed anyone on his bad side, or the bad side of anyone willing to pay for Arcene's talents.

"Me. The guy you've been keeping up late with your little sexcapades." Arcene scowled at the demon now, now amusement in his eyes. "I don't care what- or who- you do in your spare time but don't do it where you'll keep people from their well deserved sleep."

Arcene didn't stick around to see how the Demon held up against his hate-harbouring harem. The shapeshifter was ready to clear his hands of this whole affair. It had taken a good amount of small favours and a good amount of legwork of his own to figure out who the demon was and who he was toying with. A couple of nights were spent following the demon to see exactly what he was up to. When Arcene found out the dishonest nature of the Demon's lecherous pursuits, he decided to reveal the truth to the lovely ladies, and get some payback for the lost sleep, How they hadn't figured it out when they learned what he was Arcene couldn't comprehend. Maybe it was a facet of the demon's powers or simply a want to ignore it.

Either way, it didn't matter. Arcene was off to catch some long sought after rest.

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morning

Lotus was nervous, incredibly so. But no one would ever know with how perfect her movement was, and how steady her hands were. The vampire seamstress crouched under a mannequin dressed in an elaborate dress. Using her sharp nails, she sliced at fabric and frills, creating a wave like pattern. She cut in a few details by stabbing at the dress to poke holes.

She got up, and circled the mannequin. "Not good enough, I am not done..." She sighed as she sliced at another part of fabric. This dress was to be, no HAD to be her masterpiece. Lotus had been working on it for two months. Yet the day before, the Countess ordered her to finish it by morning. She spent the whole night laboring to finish it, making sure no frill was out of place, no corner crooked or sleeve unchecked.

​The dress in question was a beautiful shoulder less gown, the whole fabric made of scarlet silk. Lotus had made matching gloves that would go up to the elbows. The skirts were big enough to leave a tail behind the wearer, but were cut in a diamond shape leaving it's ends unique. The frills near the waist were the most elaborate part. In black, white and gold several frills made a web around the waist and bum, going down in complex patterns down to the legs.

Yet Lotus would never be content with these patterns. She weaved in more material, more silk to try and finally design the pattern just in the correct way. She sliced when she had a new thought and start all over again. This had been her night, finishing the patterns on the web like frills. She finally sighed, and gave one final slice. Lotus didn't consider herself a perfectionist, but when it came to her masters she wanted everything done right. And the tales of what happened to those that displeased Lady Contiello... She had never angered Sybil but it wasn't something she wanted to try.

With delicate hands, she straightened out her work and went to a small table. At this table sat a brooch, the Countess' brooch. Holding it with both hands as if it was a precious glass, she carried it to the mannequin and pinned it on the dress. The dress itself was adorned to look like the black widow's colors in the brooch. Lotus gave one last sight, and stood with her back straight next to the mannequin. The Countess would want to see her new dress any time soon. "Lady Seraphine, Goddess of my blood hear my prayer." Lotus closed her eyes shut as she muttered a short prayer. "Please let this dress impress the Countess, please let this be the best dress I've ever made... Please protect me from the Countess' ire." Lotus hesitated as she said the last part. She opened her red eyes again, now relieved and prepared for anything.

Aurora, shortly before dawn, 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth

Darkness reigned supreme over the tunnels, aged, yellowed walls of stone concealed in near unnatural blackness as the heavy clop of boots reverberated off their face. The babbling of the water's current in the channel next to him was the sole guiding light he had as he staggered further away from death, arm hanging limp at his side and a spattered, haphazard trial of crimson growing ever longer with his every motion. He knew naught how he'd been down here, nor where he was or where he was headed, only that wherever it was, it was going to be as far away from... her as he could muster.

"Awwww, is our little lamb lost? Does he need his dam to protect him from the lurkers in the dark?" A coy, patronizing voice chimed forth from the reaches of the darkness. A scowl bloomed on his snout as he glared hatefully into the abyss, horns jagged and ruined, bloodied, matted wool hanging in clumps around his face. The torn, tender site his ear once occupied had long since stopped bleeding, probably hours ago, but even now, he remember the pain of how she had ripped it off. Almost as well as he could remember the searing pain of her fangs sinking into his bicep and striking right to the bone.

"I am a Ram, you filthy wretch..." He corrected her, snarling. But it was too late to put on the facade of bravado. Aurora could see him quaking, though whether that was from fear or just the venom, or both, was a hard guess indeed. Either way, She smiled as he continued, mouth lined with pearly razors "Just cease this bedamned theatre and show yourself..." He lifted his blade with his good hand. His tremored grip was naught more secure than a tots though. "Show yourself, bitch... you can't dine on lamb chops, but I'll give you a feast of steel instead."

"You're more likely to piss yourself, from my reckoning."

"Come down here and I'll make you regret the day you were conceived."

"Oh, are we talking about regrets now? How wonderful, you got to my point for me." His scowl grew a bit deeper at that. "I'm sure you're tired of being stalked in all this darkness; it's been.... how long? hours? a day perhaps? Oh, it's so hard to tell without the sun, you know..." Twas a lie. Her kind was used to darkness, their biological clocks seldom failed.

"Why are you doing this to me?" The ram demanded.

"Justice, of course." came his answer. "Do you remember the pretty little servant girl you met while you were on patrol?"

"Be more specific, whore."

"Name calling will not get out of my clutches. Regardless: she's a shy little lycantrope, meek as a mouse, quite ironic for a wolf, really. Dark grey fur, big green eyes that would probably have melted your heart at a mere glance. Does any of this ring a bell?"

"No, it doesn't." He scoffed.

"Hmmm... I see. how about this: You dragged her to a dark corner where you thought no one would see, and then you tore her dress, just as she screamed for help and you lost your nerve and ran off. Does that ring a bell?" Venom laced her every word. The soldier's eyes could've been dinner platters at that moment. "Good, good, it does, little lamb. Now I can finally answer you- what you did, or, at least what you tried to do, you shook her something awful, you see. So when she comes running to find me, clothing wrecked, tears just streaming down her sweet little face, well...I simply can not forgive this, you see."

He said nothing. He tried to run, but his feet rebelled. His sword clattered to the stones. He could feel his pulse quickening, the searing fires of hell wracking his chest in waves now, eyes wide in horror as he stared at his palms, veins pulsating near rhythmically. His vision went hazy, his breath caught in his lungs. His skin felt the heat of a thousand suns, the sting of a thousand blades. "What-what's...?" His tongue went numb, became loose. His quakes grew ever more fierce.

"That would be the venom, my dear." Aurora answered, incapable of controlling the rabid, fanged grin on her face even if she wanted to. "It's a special batch, really, not my nastiest work, but good enough for the likes of you. It has a nice little delay, extends the fun, though it honestly varies from being to being. I'm impressed your body fought back for this long though, nearly a full day... you are a resilient waste of space, aren't you?"

She received no answer. He was dead before his knees even hit the floor. Aurora finally made her way down from the ceiling, her shadow towering over the fallen criminal as she checked the work. She was small for one of her race though, barely bigger than an adolescent. Malnourishment was probably the cause... not that there was anything she could really do about it, with her options so limited, here locked behind the walls just like everyone else, caged birds forced to live in the insanity that had become of old Solomon's reign.

But today? Oooooh, today, she would not feel the pang of hunger in her gut, the want for more, that much, she knew. And Sylvi would sleep better without the Ram wondering about the castle, free as a bird... to someday come back and try again if he so pleased.

"Good night, worthless prince." She said, going to work wrapping the body. "and flights of devils sing thee to thy torment."

Isolda Grace, The First Day of Month 1, Year 1 of Rebirth. Morning

Isolda groaned in annoyance as candle light began to illuminate her sleeping quarters and woke her up. A small warmth had begun to permeate the chilled room as small flames were being lit all over the room one-by-one. The blonde turned in her elegant bed as she tried to pull the covers further and further over her head. She had just wanted to sleep a bit longer. Just a bit longer.

However, as much as she longed for it, sleeping further would not be a possibility. As her consciousness was solidifying, a sharp pain pierced through her brain, pulling her mind out of slumber in an instant. The blonde quickly shot up into a sitting position while clutching at her head. However, the moment she clutched her head, the pain started to slowly subside. "The withdrawal is getting worse..."

This had definitely been one of the worst cases. She had abstained from drinking the blood of others for quite a long time but the pain caused by the withdrawal was starting to become far too much to bear. She was at a threshold as she knew her reasoning capabilities were going to completely wither away within the next twenty-four hours. There was definitely no reason to abstain any further.

"Lady Grace, are you feeling alright?" The maid illuminating the room spoke. She was a beast person with short brown hair, black eyes, freckles and floppy dog ears who was definitely taller than Isolda by at least a foot. She seemed so…innocent.

"You need not worry about me, Lina." Isolda gave zero hint of being in pain. She simply pivoted, let her feet touch the floor, and got off the bed. As her nightgown fell down, she flipped her hair and allowed it to fan out before descending to her lower back.

It would be highly unbecoming of a Shinso, even a false one like her, to show a moment of weakness to someone beneath her. Luckily, it seemed that Lina had bought into the prideful facade and went to work setting the last candle. With that, the maid turned back to Isolda who she saw staring at her own open hand. "I believe that should be all. Is there anything else you might need before I head out?"

Isolda needed blood. She needed to consume blood or else she would lose her sanity and transform into a demon without reason. She absolutely needed blood. As her mind hit on the word blood, she realized something.

Her mouth curved into a smile as she looked towards Lina. She walked to Lina, her bare feet slowly making their way to in front of the maid. As the Shinso in a nightgown finally stood in front of the maid, she reached her right hand to caress the maid's cheek. "Actually, there is something you could do for me." Her other hand stroked the carotid artery area on Lina's neck.

"Huh?" The maid responded in near confusion.

"Don't worry. It will be nearly painless. In fact, you might actually enjoy it."

Ten minutes later, the maid was lying on the bed with the right shoulder of her maid uniform down. On her neck were small holes, made by two fangs, with small trickles of blood leaking out from them. On her face was a look of ecstasy as she was panting and sweating heavily.

"See, that was not that bad…though, I guess the anemia may be a problem." Isolda said while wiping her lips. The pain had definitely subsided. She had staved off the possibility of going berserk again. She looked back with a haughty grin to the maid. "Feel free to go back to work whenever you no longer feel tired. The other maids will understand."

Lotus Contiello, Countess Sybil Contiello Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morning

The clicking of heels sounded on the stone floors of the castle. It was... obvious to Lotus who this was arriving. If there was ever a more dreaded sound in the Halls of Castle Dour it had to be mostly forgotten by now. Nothing was more feared or loathed then the clicking of the Countess's heels. After all, they were a message. A Message that she was coming and the one best know it was her. Even this early in the morning she was sure to wear them because no sound was more associated with anyone than this to her. The Arrival of the the so called Queen of Blood. The bearer of the Bloody Rose, the Mistress of baying hounds, The Black Widow. Whatever title one choose to call her, it was feared all the same. Nothing was more horrifying the the sound of her approach. Her heels always giving her away. But this, was on purpose. After all, she wanted them to know her approach was about to come, that she would inevitably be upon them. A Horrifying woman was this Sybil Contiello.

So, Lotus knew before long that her Mistress would be in the room. She knew it well. After all, having been a servant of hers the entire time during the closing of Castle Dour, one started to know the sound of her approach. Lotus had once seen a servant die of a heart attack at the impending doom. He was an old man of a beastman, a butler meant to ready her meal for that day. He hadn't yet succeeded in that task. Her approach was too much stress for the old man. So, it was well known to Lotus that the approach of Sybil alone could prove deadly. Her aura carried that much weight. Her presence was that strong a thing, or at least, so it seemed. The Rumors that spread about the ones that just vanished one day were worse then even that occurrence. So many dark rumors surrounded the Countess. She seemed to reveal in it. She even seemed to encourage them. She seemed to even add to them at times. After all, it was her that choose to wear heels all the time, everywhere and at every opportunity when she was out and about.

To the point that she looked nearly ridiculous as she slinked into the room where Lotus was waiting. She stood tall at a decent 5'9", taller than your average woman for certain but not towering in height. Her posture was impeccable, and she carried herself with poise and grace. She looked magnificent. Almost like something out of a painting given life. She seemed to be a walking piece of art almost. It only added to her imposing nature. Her very form made one feel like she was leagues above them. It itself made them think they were unworthy to stand in her presence. It was the pinnacle of perfection. The Idealistic form of beauty personified. The only thing that ruined this was the fact she was still dressed in her night gown from the night before. She had to walk the hall from her bedroom to this place. Luckily for her, no one saw her, thought this was in part since her heels mostly sent any servant that knew better fleeing in the other direction. Only Lotus would see her in this state of dress. She definitely wasn't decent enough to be seen. However, it's why she was here. She meant to pick up her dress today and, that's is why she ordered it be finished. Now, she was here to see how it fit, and more importantly to wear it if it were to her standards. After all, this nightgown would be no good. She still managed to pull it off... somehow... Sybil didn't look horrible in anything. The thought maybe passed the mind of Lotus that... she'd never once seen Sybil not look stunning in something even in the morning. It was more than crazy. Either way the woman walked into the room. The area rug within the the room stopped the heels from clicking and as a result, Sybil quickly kicked them off mid-stride. She kept walking now barefoot to the sit on the couch that was provided in the Parlor. After all, this entire parlor belonged to her. It was her personal place for fitting, dressing and things of said nature. As result it was often a work space for her servants as Sybil was very meticulous in any area that was her appearance. It was seemingly... vitally important to her. Everything she did to further that air of an unapproachable attitude. She smiled at Lotus as she saw her. Her fangs evident in the grin. It was most definitely a genuine smile. She now sat, as she crossed her leg over her other before finally speaking. "So... my beautiful little Lotus, what do you have for me today?" she said a sensual tone in her voice. Her night gown barely covered the woman... it seemed a deliberate choice in a way. Now the one shoulder fell as she leaned back, though she seemed not to care too much that it had happened. She looked at Lotus expectantly, waiting to be shown her new dress, the one she had Lotus work on quite a while back.

With a noisy gulp, Lotus straightened her clothing and her hair just before the Countess arrived. Before the Countess was in the room, her head was bowed down and her back arched lowering herself in respect to her Countess. When the lady kicked off her heels, Lotus scrambled to catch them, and put them neatly in a corner next to the couch. The air seemed to grow less tense, and Lotus got less nervous upon seeing the beautiful Countess.

And her face turned red when she was called 'beautiful and little'. Her heart skipped two beats, or it would have if it wasn't cold and undead. This was always the dilemma for Lotus when dealing with Lady Sybil. At first before seeing her she would be scared stiff, nervous to finish work and to please. But when she was in her presence, Lotus became mesmerized and awestruck. Suddenly she felt good and well. She loved being complimented and praised by her Lady, and it would never seize to make her blush. And in the rare times that she impressed her masters... Those were the times that Lotus felt the best.

"Your grace, if you'll allow me to say you look beautiful this morning." Lotus simply couldn't hold back the compliment. It was the truth. Part of the reason she had even taken up sewing and making clothing was to be able to dress beautiful people like Countess Sybil and Count Henrich. She hoped her clothing would help shine their beauty, and making the world see the same awe striking figures she saw. The dress Lotus spent all night making had to do it. It had to be the one that would finally make Lady Contiello radiate to her full potential. Mentally, she asked her goddess for courage one last time and made her way to the mannequin.

"This is the dress," She turned the dress to face the Countess, spreading the skirt to show the elaborate patterns she had spent all night on. "It is made of the best silk we had, so it is bound to be comfortable. When I took your grace's measurements I measured to the smallest number. I cut the material perfectly so it will only ever fit your grace's body and no one else's. I made sure to match the colors on our family's brooch," Lotus passed her hand under the fabric the brooch was pinned to showing how the colors matched. She tried to look at the Countess, but when she met her gaze blood rushed to her face and made her blush once more. Angling her head downward in respect, and to avoid her gaze, she added. "You will notice the frills and patterns throughout the dress. This is my most ambitious work yet. I hope it is to your grace's tastes."

Sybil sprung up with purpose in her step. After all she was more or less a perfectionist so even the feel of the dress had to be perfect from someone like her. It was well known how particular she was about her clothing. VERY. It was a well known fact throughout the castle. As a result, one that made clothes for her of all people... had better know what they were doing otherwise they wouldn't last long. It's was something you just didn't royally mess up around the Countess. Well, if you valued your life anyway. SO her reputation seemed to be anyway. Looks were important to her above all else. She made sure to tailor her look exactly how she wanted it, to put off the exact air she was looking for. Beautiful... but dangerous.

Sybil wasn't a woman to be trifled with, not even lightly. So most made sure not to. However she began now to inspect the dress. She ran her hands along it, feeling the fabric with her fingers. She gently caressed the dress almost as if it were made of something fragile. She took great care to not harm the work of a loyal servant. She studied the intricate patterns sewn into the dress the care that went into every single angle to make it beautiful. She traced them with her delicate fingers. She didn't show much emotion on her face though this was typical. However, Lotus would still know she was happy to some extent. Her eyes could be seen smiling. They looked softly on the dress with so much fondness in them. It was only a servant that had been around her this long that would be able to tell the small shift in her facial expression. After all, Sybil was more or less a master of hiding her emotions from just anybody. But having worked with her long enough, one started to get used to the way she worked, the way she expressed herself subtly. The beautiful woman walked over to Lotus without a word she put her hands on her shoulders before looking at her and smiling warmly. She brushed any hair that was in Lotus's eyes out of her face to get a better look at her servant. "It's wonderful Lotus, you do such good work." she said as she leaned down and kissed Lotus on her forehead. "it's so beautiful in fact, that I want to wear it today, I want people to see my wonderful beauty and I want the wonderful servant who made it to be at my side today! They will know who you are darling. You work is beautiful more beautiful then anything anyone else has given to me." She sad this walking back with a flourish. The night gown itself followed suit the bottom of it trailing with her in a flurry. A torrent of silk. If there was anything known about Sybil... it was that she had a flair for theatrics. She always seemed over the top in most of the things she did. This was no exception.

She turned back to face Lotus, a almost carnal look in her eyes. "So, Lotus, make me beautiful..." she said as she dropped her nightgown. She now stood before her servant in, well... nothing but her skin. Her pale marble skin. She looked like a statue almost, the form of ideal beauty. She was the living image of true beauty, perfection in every sense. She looked as though she was a piece of art that had come to life. She looked expectantly at her servant waiting for Lotus to gather that which was needed to dress her. Sybil was obviously not abashed standing here in front of a servant nude. So much to the fact that she hadn't even thought to lock the door to her parlor. After all, she didn't mind if anyone saw her natural beauty. It only furthered how tempting she was. After all, nothing was more potent than allure in all of it's forms.

Azegeor. Time: 1st day of the First Month of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morning, close to the 9th hour.

It was know in motion. The plan had been laid. The master of it's make walked down the hall by his lonesome to reminisce before the hour was at hand. After all, this was the day he had been waiting for. For nearly 40 years now, had he waited. 40 years when it became all to clear Solomon no longer was sane as he had once been. His boots clicked on the stone of the floor. They clicked metal on stone. He enjoyed the sound a nice reminder of every step he took towards his goal. Towards the freedom of the Damned. With each foot step echoed the approaching of progress. He would reach the throne and he would end the suffering of monsters. One way... or another.

He pondered now as the meeting had ended if Heinrich would actually fall through on his part of the bargain. After all the man was always more bark than bite. He talked a good game, but never played one. He was good at words not actions. This required action. However, it was Tempest Azegeor had trust in. She was the actual threat and the one that would do the most in this plan. He hadn't told this to Heinrich for obvious reasons, but it was mostly Tempest he was relying on to get the job done in time for his arrival. Heinrich would be a good distraction at the least, so it was still worth having him there.

Azegeor however, couldn't shake the words of the Figure of White. What did she mean by them? Did she see that he would fail? How could the apparent ripples of the world know of that? Know of the future that had yet to happen? Who was this "Times" she mentioned?

So many questions. It why he hated that the Figure of White was part of the equation. She never gave answers and only more and more questions. He wondered if she really knew the ripples of the world or if she was just really good at guessing events. Either way he hated having to include her in the plans to remove Solomon. The issue was she'd find out like it or not. And it was best to not anger the Figure of White. If Castle Dour had a true ruler, a true most powerful denizen... it was her. The rumours that surrounded her alone made it obvious that she was powerful unlike any other. Azegeor wondered if she was even more powerful than him. He wondered why if she had this much control over the Castle... why she never took it's throne. That scared hi m more than anything else. If a being was this all knowing, this powerful, why wasn't it the one in power? Her powers rivaled that of gods, or at least so it seemed. Azegeor even knew that she was more powerful a healer than any he had ever known. She could revive the dead. It was nearly impossible especially for the remains of an undead creature, but she could bring back anyone, she could make the bones of a fallen skeletal warrior breathe the life of the same energy that had once left them. he had that power, a power that was lost pretty much entirely to the world. However, the price for it was steep. Very steep. One would almost say you had to damn yourself to save another. That it would never be something worth it. This being however, had no interest in ever leaving that Chamber. That pale that even the rashest of Dour's citizens knew to stay the hell away from. She never was seen leaving that chamber. In fact, the only thing of her ever seen was her hands and the hair that ung over the back of her giant wooden throne. On one could ever get close to her. Not even those brought there for healing. She refused to let anyone near here. To the point of deadly assault for even attempting. She used the "mirror" to see apparently, however as it was known to Azegeor, the Mirror was entirely black. It didn't give a reflection. He had no idea how she saw anything within it. It had to be some sort of magic he didn't understand. That angered him more then anything else. Not understanding magic. It's the point of the form he was in now. To better understand magic. So not knowing a part of it drove him nearly mad.

Either way, he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind as he paced back and forth. As he waiting for the clock to slowly tick down to the hour of happening. The hour of Solomon's end.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Icarus. Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth. Noon

Icarus had arrived to one of the common areas in the castle, here their were a dozen of separate rectangular tables layered with red tablecloth, all the tables had six single chairs padded with a red cushion for the sitters comfort and in the middle of each table they had their own steaming plates filled with freshly cooked eggs, brown sausages, crispy bread, and even slices of crumbly cheese. This was one of the areas where people would gather to get their daily meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On the far left wall there were many tall windows to allow the sun to beam light into the big room, and on the far wall there were doors to the kitchen that servants came busting through to refill drinks and plop more food on the tables for others.

As Icarus walked in some people turned to see him, some of the men sitting at the far table gave him scowls and death glares. He definitely made his fair share of enemies as well as allies in this castle, but as he looked for which table to sit down at he noticed one of his allies, a servant that was slowly making her way to the kitchen doors. "Ah aren't you a sight for sore eyes! 'morning Mollie!" Icarus said as he walked over to the servant and crouched down to be "eye-level" with her, well maybe not eye-level as Mollie didn't actually have "eyes". After all, Mollie was a slime. Mollie was a pink slime that stood up to Icarus's waist, she was wearing a servant's maid outfit that was specially tailored to fit her unusual body and slightly enchanted with minor magic to keep the outfit from getting slimy and corroded. She was used mostly to transport objects from one part of the castle to another as she wasn't able to do much else so at the time she had a couple of dirty plates inside her body.

Mollie began to gurgle softly in response, most castle dwellers have learned how to interpret her gurgles. Good Morning Icarus! I'm glad to see you are feeling well this morning. Icarus smiled as he understood what she had gurgled "I always feel well whenever I see your pretty face in the morning!" he complimented her, two dark pink spots started to materialize on her "face" side by side that might have looked like blushing. "You know I'd love to stay and chat with my favorite slime, but I need to go and get my breakfast before others gobble it all up" He said, Mollie gurgled in confirmation and went on her way to the kitchen to bring dirty plates to be cleaned.

Icarus watched her go then went to sit at one of the nearest tables, grabbing himself a plate and fork, he plopped on as much food as the plate could hold before sitting down to enjoy his meal. Only two others were sitting at the table, they were both male Lizardmen that Icarus has seen around the castle from time to time and barely talked to. Still, he started conversation with them to see if they knew anything special about recent news but didn't end up getting any good information out of them. As they talked a servant came and poured Icarus a glass of water and left it next to his plate, Icarus then spent the rest of the meal eating and talking with the unimportant Lizardmen.

Regent, Time:1st of the Year of Rebirth, Early Morning

A deep, rumbling growl sounded as a ray of light spilled into the chamber, the large door creaking on its aged hinges as a humanoid pushed it open just far enough to allow himself passage through it. The orc's rather brutish-looking face contorted with nervousness; he had recently been assigned the role of one of the fort's beast-keepers, and this was his first time dealing with the draconic creature who made his residence in this room. He shivered; as he had walked closer to this room, past the pens of the others of the wyvern's kind, the temperature had dropped noticeably.

Nervousness became outright fear as the beast, soft white fur and icy scales only illuminated by the sliver of torchlight entering from outside, rose from his curled sleeping position, eyes seemingly fixed on the one who was, at this point, half-convinced he was only sent here to be a meal. The drake's full height dwarfed the orc, who was accustomed to towering over other races. He turned to fully face the door, and then shook himself once, dislodging the bits of hay forming part of his bedding that had stuck to him while he slumbered. The wyvern walked slowly, menacingly toward the light, illuminating the jutting horns that crowned his head and the ridged scales on his back. He reached the orc, and stretched out one powerful foreleg toward him . . .

. . . and simply pulled the door open wide enough to fit his much larger form, then walked past the orc, ignoring him entirely. The novice had misinterpreted the equivalent of a humanoid groaning awake as a threat of imminent dismemberment; discovering this filled him with more relief than anything. There was a nameplate nailed to the outside of the door, with a name engraved in what might have been surprisingly elegant-looking writing: Regent. It was quickly obscured by the bearer of the name, however, as his massive, powerful frame moved forward into the halls. The orc's relief was once again replaced, this time with confusion, as Regent moved forward without him, forcing the handler to follow the beast rather than the typical order of the two. "Where are you going?" he asked in a voice made somewhat higher by the situation.

"Food," was the simple reply, broadcast from the white drake's thoughts. The orc's confusion continued until the pair reached an intersection in the halls, where he was pulled off to the side by a few of his compatriots, amusement showing on their faces as they explained a bit more about the creature he had just dealt with. The topic of conversation proceeded forward alone, with a single glance sideways and a slight nod at one of the more senior handlers, this one a gnoll who towered over even the orcs, but was still less than half of the wyvern's height.

Regent's short journey took him to a dining hall set up for the keep's warbeasts and anyone else that was too large - or at least had an appetite too ravenous - to fit into the normal dining halls without needing to make special accommodations for them. He let out another low growl - this one indicating displeasure - that his meal had been pre-killed and prepared, but dug in regardless. They had at least had the sense to leave it uncooked.

Lotus placed her hands together as she observed her Countess and hoped. Prayed! She could tell that the Countess wasn't displeased, right by the contrary but she didn't have any way of proving it until she said something. Lotus waited long painful seconds for the reply. With a few words Lotus' life could end right there. Thankfully, the words the Countess had to give were more than the servant could ever hope for. Lotus was still as a hand was placed on her shoulder, she looked up at her lady when her hair was parted away from her face, and her eyes widened when a kiss was placed on her forehead. Lotus nearly fell over, swooning in delight. Her lips parted slightly leaving her with a surprised smile, and her hand trailed up to her forehead rubbing the spot she was kissed.

"Y-Your words are far too kind, your grace." She managed to say a few seconds later after recovering from her mesmerized state. If her face was red before, it was now a deep crimson all of the blood from her previous meals rushing to form a deep blush. She brought her right hand that was pressed against her forehead down, and nuzzled it against her cheek. Breathing in, and then slowly breathing out she calmed herself until her face lost it's color and went back to the pale color of a vampire. She needed to regain her composure to even face the Countess again, now in all of her naked beauty.

Normally, a gown as complicated and well made as this required two servants to dress a lady. But in a rare moment of pride, Lotus refused to call for aid. The honor of dressing the Countess would be all hers. With delicate hands, she unbuttoned and removed the dress from the mannequin. The seamstress folded it carefully and raised it high so only the very tip of the tail of the skirt touched the floor. She placed it on the couch, letting it rest softly. Then she went to a small dresser, and picked out undergarments.

"Please excuse me your grace." Lotus asked for permission, before cupping a soft silk bra around the Countess' chest and undergarments around her waist and between her legs. As she finished tying the silks, she was once again blushing. She HAD to get over that instinct, it would embarrass her in front of the Countess some day. Finally, Lotus went after the dress once more. She grabbed the folded silks, and brought them to her lady. Giving one final inspection of her work, Lotus brought the skirts above the Countess head, and in one clean motion brought the whole dress onto Lady Sybil. Being so close to the Countess should have made Lotus nervous, it should have made her hands unsteady but she refused to fail. With careful work, she tied and buttoned the back, closing the dress behind the Countess. When she was satisfied, she walked to the dresser again and found the gloves she had made to match the dress. She also brought the Countess' high heels. As she returned, she came face to face with Lady Contiello's beauty. Lotus reserved her gaze to the ground as she bowed and stretched out her arms.

"Y-your gloves and heels, your grace" Lotus was proud. This was the dress, it fit perfectly. It was the one that she dreamed would bring out the true beauty of her Countess. It sure did make her beautiful, although to Lotus the Countess would look beautiful even in rags. But a gown like this, the aura of power and majesty. This is where the Countess belonged.

Aurora, Early Morning, The 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth

Her den was, more or less, just as she had left it when she returned. The place was small, but it was big enough. A quaint little chamber, separated from the rest of the tunnels by a crumbling passage that, if one didn't know was even there to begin with, would likely never be noticed in the darkness of the Castle Waterways. There was no smell of rot here, no smell of waste or sewage. This area of the underground plumbing system was used exclusively for the castle's many fountains and courtyards; unlike the Sewers, the water here was more or less clean in it's flow... or at least a thousand times cleaner than the sludge filled, coal black canals and grime covered corridors Aurora had always done her best to avoid ever going into like they were death itself, given her sense of smell. But then again, even though it was far cleaner, living in the Waterways was not exactly an experience she coveted either...

But for what is was worth, she would never have been able to properly adjust to using one of those common... rooms so many others had. Living and sleeping above ground simply did not suit her kind. Above ground, even with all your roofs and artificial walls and barriers, you were still exposed to the elements. Above ground, you were vulnerable to the extremes in temperature- to the freezing cold of the winds of winter and blazing heat of the dancing summer sun. Her kind were burrowers for a reason. Beneath the Earth's crust, you had no reason to worry of such things as the weather outside. And beneath the earth, shrouded in the darkness, you made your home a far harder target to route if it was ever even found. Like them or hate them, it went without saying that at least here in the Waterways, she could feel somewhat at home. And it could be worse. Whoever had built Dour had been enough of an engineering genius to figure out a routing and flow system that would ensure the passages would never flood, even in the most violent of downpours... or perhaps it wasn't engineering. Perhaps it was magic. Who knew, the only thing in the entire affair she cared about, was the fact that she wouldn't be drowned at the tiniest drizzle up on the surface.

She slung the cocoon to the floor as she entered the space, taking no care of where it landed among the various scattered objects piled about the place- former possessions and personal effects she either had kept from past captured meals or spotted floating in the clear canals of the Waterway. Some of the things that people lost and managed to find their way down here... she didn't know the how of half of them. From brooches and rings and other small pieces of jewelry to far more bizarre things, she had eventually just learned to stop questioning the possible chain of events that must've led to the item's arrival. She tread further into the chamber, past the possessions and towards the small alcove she actually used as her sleeping quarters.

The sedation she had used to calm Sylvi had probably worn off by now, but given how hysterical and frightened the child had been, Aurora doubted the little Lycan would be willing to leave on her own just yet. And she was right... there she was, back to the wall and knees pulled to her chest, though not quite in the form Aurora had last seen her in. In her long sleep it seemed the child had reverted to human form; her skin bare now, her grey coat of fur and pointed ears replaced with short locks the shade of ash. Her face itself hadn't changed much, except for the snout-like canine nose giving way to a more human nasal structure in it's leave of absence. Her visibly bare feet now longer held their raised, agile heels, her torn dress hanging from delicate frame a bit more loosely than it had in her beast form. There had been a time, once, many years ago after the gates first closed, when it would've taken everything she had not to pounce and kill her, the struggle to control the hunger and the instinct would've been far too real after the feeding frenzy she had once enjoyed. But that time was long since past. The lack of human flesh and potential consequences of just abducting and eating any random castle denizen had forced the huntress to learn the harsh lessons of control...

And even besides the point, after as long as she had known the girl... well, Sylvi was about as far away from the status of a potential meal as one could get in Aurora's mind. There was someone else there though, someone far too familiar to ever mistake, just as much as Sylvi was. She smelled him sooner than she actually saw him though.

"Ajax, why do you tread upon my den without my presence?" She called, voice ringing throughout the chamber.

"A-Aurora?" Sylvi asked shakily, looking up for the first time, only now noticing the Arachni was even there at all. Aurora had completely forgotten how the child lacked her usual dark vision while human. The huntress kept her attention fixed to the scent for now though.

"Come out here, Ajax. I could well eat you for this."

"Very funny." The Illithid responded, his voice thick and rich with the refined accent of his race. He stuck his cephalopod-like cranium out from behind the stack of long since lost possessions he'd been examining. How long he had been waiting here with Sylvi, she knew not. "If I recall correctly though, the last time you attempted such resulted in a truly terrible headache for you. If you insist though, we could have another contest of wills..."

Aurora grinned, wolfishly. "No, no...that won't be necessary; the first time was already one too many. What is it that brings you here?"

Ajax stepped away from the pile now, hands folded behind his back as he paced over to the Arachni and the Lycan's Human form. "I come searching for a... colleague of mine, who I have noticed has been absent since he left for his patrols yesterday. A Ram-headed beast man, you see, named Ellim. I know that his favored routes take him close to the entryway of these passages, and I also know that the young little bastard is far too ambitious and blindly loyal to just up and abandon his duties to go for a drink or what have you, compared to us veteran footmen who have sat on that wall for the past century since the war's end and know from experience, beyond the shadow of a doubt that at this point there is no chance of promotion for any of us. Knowing how you have effectively made this place your unofficial territory of sorts, I had a feeling you may have had something to do with this..."

Ah. So Ellim had been his name. Aurora's answer came only in the glance she gave to the cocoon in the corner of the chamber. Ajax followed her gaze.

"Ah yes, course you did..." Ajax sighed, tentacles writhing a bit from the exhale. "What else should I have expected of you... what precisely motivated you though, if I may ask? Even though the disappearance of one nameless grunt among the many in Dour will not be noticed nor cared about by the Higher Ups, Ellim still wasn't exactly someone who lived on the fringes of society...not an outlier. I'd thought you'd go for more forgettable prey..."

"He tried something on Sylvi," Aurora said simply, nodding her head towards the girl. It was no surprise the Lycan had not told nor shown him anything about what she'd been through. "and that something he tried is what made me go after him."

Ajax turned his night gaze to Sylvi. "Is this true, Sylvi? Did he try something?" He already knew the answer. Aurora would not openly lie to his face, and he could see the girl's torn attire himself. But he still wanted to hear it from her, just a simple yes or no. In fact, he already had what he felt to be an accurate scenario in his mind.

"I-I screamed right when he was trying to get my dress off... and he got scared... ran off because he thought someone heard and was coming..." She went no further. She did not need to, did not want to, and neither of the adult monsters would force her either. Ajax turned back to Aurora. He had known what Ellim was like. And He knew precisely why he had probably chosen Sylvi as a victim when he saw her, it was always easy to prey upon someone weaker than oneself...

"Well, I can not say I have any pity for the fool. Perhaps because he was a soldier, just another nameless face in a sea of nameless faces, he thought he could get away with such a crime. Regardless, I see you have already taken care of the punishment for his transgression here. Seems I won't have to mind spike his sorry soul for this." Then he turned back to Sylvi. "Child, I am sorry you had to go through such a terrible thing. If you wish, I can remove the memories from your mind, take away any recall of the fright. Only if that is what you want though."

She shook at the mere mention of the offer, much to Ajax's surprise, pulling her knees in even closer to her chest, trying to make her alrighty slight form even smaller. Aurora's glare was all he needed to realize why though. "Oh, oh no, of course not through that method, Sylvi. I would never use the stinger on you- your skull would be fully intact and you'd be unharmed, I assure you." That wasn't a very good save, even he himself would have admitted, but it was enough to calm Sylvi a bit and subsequently get Aurora's scowl off of him. To both his and Aurora's surprise though, rather than a yes or no to Ajax, she addressed Aurora herself instead.

"You... you killed him. Didn't you...?" There was no regret in the question. No remorse for asking it, over the prospect of his possible death. Just fear. Fear for herself. Fear for when she would undoubtedly have to return to her duties as a kitchen girl. And fear for other servant girls like her. Fear that he may have gotten away, may still be out there... Fear that, given the circumstances, Aurora reckoned she damn well had a right to.

"Aye," Aurora said. "He's deader than a doornail Sylvi. I've made sure he can never try it again, on you or any other girl. And I made sure his last moments were agony to boot."

At that, Sylvi shook her head at Ajax. "Then no. If Aurora has killed him for it, then I don't want to forget..." Ajax was taken aback, but nodded, solemnly, understanding in his eyes, though as to just what he understood, Aurora was missing here.

"If that is what you wish... if you ever change your mind though, you knew where to find me."

With that, he gave one more nod to the Girl, regarded Aurora with a bow, and walked out of the chamber. The Arachni and Lycan stood alone in the dark. From the way Sylvi's eyes had focused directly on her, Aurora could tell they had adjusted to the darkness.

"Sylvi..." she began, utter bewilderment on her face. "Why..."

Sylvi was faster to the punch though. "I would've refused his offer even if you hadn't killed him and he had gotten away to do it again." She said. "Because the next servant girl he would've gone after might not have been as lucky as me if he got away from you and there was no witness to identify him from the last time. And besides, just forgetting about something... doesn't actually wash it away. It doesn't make it as if it never happened. You told me that, remember? When you told me about your clan and I asked you why you didn't ask Ajax to make you forget what you found or replace the memory with something different."

Aurora... turned away. "I...recall something along those lines... yes."

"And then there's another thing..." Sylvi continued. Aurora felt something bump into her, arms wrapping around her waist. She looked down, and there was Sylvi, hugging her, not even the least bit discouraged by the height difference between them created by her arachnoid form. "If I said yes, I would've forgotten that I... that I had someone like you for a friend. Someone like you who I can turn to for anything... no matter what it is."

Aurora... Aurora could say nothing. She just couldn't. Something welled up inside her, as she reached down and returned the gesture of affection... it felt strange, arachni, they did not hug. They had other ways of expressing warmth... but she did not mind this. Sylvi was probably the only living being who could get away with such close and sudden contact to her though, going up and laying hands on her as unexpectedly as she had... most anyone else, even Ajax, would've likely had a leg lashing out to impale them just on sheer predatory reflex.

The girl was the one who broke away first. "I... I should probably get back to the kitchens. They'll probably notice my absence before long..."

"What about your dress though?" Aurora said. "Here, at least let me mend it-"

"Thank you, Aurora, but... there's no need... I can swipe another one." And with that, the girl turned and left too, just like Ajax before her, and Aurora watched her go. Watched her go and thought all the while on the fact that she'd never have young of her own to look after like she did that girl. The fact that even though she was supposed to be an Acolyte, she had never contributed to the next generation of her race, would never even have another clan to call her own, as long as she would be stuck in these bedamned walls.

In this prison, in this hell wrought by the madness of Solomon, Sylvi was a constant reminder of her fate, of what she wouldn't have, of the children she'd never get to see, despite proving her worth and earning the right to a lineage, the right to seeing younglings produced from her own self grow and develop. But yet at the same time, the 14 year old Lychan Girl also served as a glimmer of the happiness that Aurora could have enjoyed back in her own clan, had things gone differently, had she not been denied by fate what she had rightfully earned in the field as a Huntress. And that happiness... that glimmer of happiness was just enough to outshine the light of grief Sylvi's prescence always simultaneously caused her.

And that is why Aurora could not think of her as food. Would never think of the girl as food, no matter her form...

Father Babble, the Well of Nocturne, Time: 1st Day, of the 1st Month of the Year of Rebirth. Early Morning

"I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally am getting too old for this nonsense." muttered a large form of a strange creature. This was, the unmistakable Father Babble, the Cardinal Priest of Castle Dour. It was he who oversaw the Well of Nocturne, a place believed in and of itself to be a holy sight created by the god of Night them self. Father Babble himself was not your typcial priest for he... was an Elder Jelly also sometimes known as a Flan.

2DbRMjU.jpg

It was strange to see a Flan such as him shoved into a a robe and high priest attire. His chubby little face peeked over the top and the buttons strained near his belly. Being the lazy creature he was, he never had the time to suck in his gut and just hang even though as a creature made of jelly he could easily control his form. However, he was too lazy to do even that. It was a miracle he somehow kept this temple running smoothly. It was only his staff that dreading seeing the frumpy Elder Jelly. They knew he didn't put up with anything that was short of perfection. And despite how little he did other than directing the work flow, there wasn't much to be done. After all, Babble wasn't there for no reason. He was a powerful priest of Nocturne one that had been around for awhile. Either way the Elder Jelly twirled his silly little slime mustache as he crammed his face full of nearby sweets. They were for the Benediction later, however due to Babble's sweet tooth, he could really not help himself. So he jammed a bunch into his mouth as he then smiled like an idiot happy with himself with doing it. After all, not really anyone could tell him not to do it, what was the harm in taking a few? Of course, the nearby priests were not happy with him. They scowled with disdain. But there was nothing they could do to the old bastard of a Cardinal. So, they went back to their work.

"Baaaarb! Barb? BARB!?!?" yelled Father Babble, looking for someone. A Beastwoman, that had the fangs of a snake and small scaling on her face came up over to the Babble, an angry expression on her face. However Babble, like always, was too stupid to notice.

"Whaddaya want Babble? Can't you see I'm busy here?" the maid said... scowling at Father Babble. Venom dripped from her eyes. Babble... still didn't notice. "Heeeey, Barbara. Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl... how are the things for the Benediction coming along? Good right?" she rolled her eyes, of course this is why he was wasting her time... "They'd be getting done if you let me go do it. 'Chu know that...right?"

"Huh? Oh yea I guess that's true. Loooooooooook. I'm just trying to make sure things are good.... cause like eeeeh... just I dunno I gotta get them done and stuffs and there's the deadline which is tonight and like we've been working so hard and stuff you know? You know. Like UUUugh I just wanna make sure things are ready and are up tooo snuff!" Babble said, getting increasingly excited as he was talking. He was even talking with his hands... in strange flailing motions. Really, he just didn't know what to do with all the energy in his body so it just started moving on it's own almost as nothing he was doing matched with what he was saying. "Look, Babble honey... I know. But you need to stop asking me every five seconds so I can get things done. Can you do that for me hon?"

Babble spaceed out for a second, a blank expression came over his ace as he jsut lost his sense of reality for a second. He then turned to face Barbara having registered the question. "Oh? Oh... OH... Yea. I can do that Barb. I Can do that. Leave ya alone. I got it. OKIE DOKIE! Deeefnitely~. I got yooooou. Received looooooooooud and clear. That message, it went in my ear here... and it stayed in here so I know it now. I reeeeeeeeemember it." he went on for some time after this probably saying about every known way to say, I understood you. Barbara had see been any other Servant would've gooone insane by now. However she was Babble's personal servant... or as some liked to call her, his babysitter. Babble was kinda like a biiiig dumb kid lost in a candy store at times. He had an extremely short attention span and could only focus on things he actually cared about. Barbara was the only person who could ever handle the amount of headaches the chubby manchild got into near constantly. "Oh... this is bad for my blood pressure. All these Neeeeeeeeerves!!! The humaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanity!!!!" Babble wailed seemingly out of nowhere.

Barbara couldn't help put put her hand up to her face. She took a deep breathe and tried to center herself for what it was worth. "Babble... you're fine honey. Your staff is handling it the way you want. And secondly... you don't even have blood. You're made of goo."

'Is there such a thing as goo pressure? I'm guessing there's such a thing as goo pressure... that be baaad. I can't have bad Gooooooooooo PREEEEEEEEESSURE!!! What would Momma Babble say? Bless her heart she'd be rollin' in her grave if she knew I had high goo pressure. "

"Babble, try and calm down. Things are okay. You don't need to worry alright?"

"Okay, Barbara. But, I just uuuuugh I need this to be peeeerfect!!!"

The process went relatively quickly despite them being understaffed. Sybil knew that this dress would typically take two servants to typically adorn her with, however when Lotus didn't call for anyone else, Sybil didn't really care. She'd give the girl the satisfaction of adorning her mistress with her own work. Sybil did everything she could to make the process easier on her servant without her noticing. Small things that she had learned throughout her own time with fancy clothing. There was after all, a time she had to adorn herself. She nearly laughed remembered the good old days. She was still fond of the memories even after all this time.

Within time they quickly finished getting her dressed. It was a quick process the two had been in sync which cut down the time considerably even if Lotus had no idea about it. Sybil hoped that her servant would not notice and instead think her job by itself was even better. She was a hard worker and one that put the most thought into her work. So, she thought she deserved to be even more happy with it. A little white lie a little slight of hand wouldn't hurt the girl.

"Ah... don't I look wonderful?" Sybil said before taking the gloves and heels from Lotus. She spun around in her dress. the trail followed suit a cascade of crimson fabric. Beautiful. Serene. Sybil smiled as she span aster and faster. "I feel so wonderful, thank you Lotus. You have done beautiful work. And it will adorn me, I feel honoured to wear this beautiful dress this dress you put all of your heart into. This dress you put so much love and care into. I will cherish that I and only I may have it grace my form." She said as she stopped spinning. She looked onto Lotus with a fondness in her eyes. "So, arise dear Lotus. Let your eyes not gaze downward, but at the beauty you created. After all, it's your labour that it exists in the world now. I think that you should be able to look all you want." she said with a small giggle as she took her heels and the gloves from Lotus's outstretched hands. She slipped on her shoes first, not wanting to have any possibility of damaging the gloves Lotus had given her. And then she slipped on the gloves. They went a least her elbow ending right blow it as to to restrict the movement of her bending her arms. Once again, Lotus proved her self an excellent tailor and one who really knew how to make use of her space, to adorn a body in a way that was pleasing to the eyes and enhanced it's form rather than take away from it.

Aurora, Lord...Cyllis? Early Morning, The 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth

It wasn't very long before Aurora found another figure rounding around the corner into her den. However, this figure would not be one she would think of seeing in a million years. A large and imposing shape loomed in the darkness until it came easily into focus. It was the sight of a man everyone knew, but not a man many would have to deal with on a common basis. It was a man of high status, in fact, the highest status within the army of the castle. A Man, by the name of Lord Cyllis. O course he was no real lord only a man with enough arrogance to proclaim himself one, however it was undeniable that he had the talent and the drive. Or at least he had. The Old man was withered beyond his years however despite this he was probably the strongest warrior within Castle Dour's walls. He was a Mantis man, so in way, like Aurora he was the hybrid of a insect or arachnid, and a human. Insectoids were the closest to Arachnoids in truth, though they were still very different. His old chitin glistened in the darkness from the reflections of the water that were cast nearly everywhere. It made his approach all the easier to see.

The mantis gave off a regal air that was to be respected. His chitin on his chin was a mock beard but it added to his sense of being well maintained and trimmed, despite the fact he never had to trim it. However, what the hell was he doing down here? It wasn't normal of such a high ranking official to be down here... was it? Whatever he was doing He probably had yet to see Aurora as Mantismen weren't known for their great dark vision. The Mystery... however.. why would he be here? It was a very tempting question to have be answered.

Regent, 1st of the Year of Rebirth, Morning (about 8:30 AM)

Regent heaved himself off of his haunches after finishing his meal - essentially a large slab of meat, probably from two or three different animals, set out in advance for his arrival - and set off in the direction of the kitchens. They might think he was a dull beast, but he had his own tastes and preferences along with any other member of the fort, and everyone in the fort had bloody long enough to learn his.

As he moved, his footfalls sounded heavily, echoing through the castle, with the click of his nails providing a sort of counter-beat to the thumps of his weighty gait. It was fortunate that the place had been built for the more monstrous races in the world - as it was, he had a hard time fitting his form through doorways and around some corners. Still, he made it the fairly short distance to the kitchens easily. The staff, understandably, didn't seem to appreciate the presence of a fifteen-foot drake in the kitchen, but no one seemed to particularly want to tell him to leave. He looked back and forth, searching for the ones responsible for the preparation of his food. Judging this simply by the size of the ingredients before them, he simply moved closer to them and sent them a simple message.

"My food. Stop killing it. Let me." Without waiting for a reaction, he turned about, inadvertently knocking over more than a few utensils in the process despite his best efforts, and turned around, leaving the the chefs to their startlement and confusion. Regent was almost disappointed at the lack of panic at his arrival. Sure, he'd bothered the not-prey enough, but none of them seemed to have any legitimate fear of his approach. It wasn't a proper thing, that. He was a stalker of the icy wastes, a hunter of prey, a killer of the weak and the slow, and yet most of his life was spent desultorily wandering these halls and occasionally pinning down a passing soldier to establish that he was, in fact, one of the more dangerous residents of the castle.

So, the drake proceeded to do exactly that, tail lashing occasionally and stalking the wide halls until he ran across a solitary trooper. He burst forward like a blast of lightning and pinned the unfortunate lizardman down, not giving him a chance to react before his chest was covered with one massive paw, a talon-like claw on either side of his head. He held the soldier there for a few moments, growling at him menacingly, enjoying the reaction of terror he was receiving. A witness lacking knowledge might think that he was in imminent danger of becoming a second breakfast, but anyone else would notice that there was no characteristic glowing of the scales on the drake, and that if Regent really wanted the kill, he would have already dealt the deathblow.

Aurora, Lord...Cyllis? Early Morning, The 1st day of the 1st month of the year of rebirth

Aurora sat motionless and silent for a moment, there in the darkness, watching the Old Lord. After Ajax and Sylvi had left she had moved the cocooned body of the footman further back into the chamber, closer to her quarters. When she had heard the tell tale approach of footsteps though, she had figured it was Sylvi or Ajax coming back for something or some reason- there could've been no other logical candidates afterall. They were the only two who know the way here by heart, as far as she knew, and given the difficulty of finding the place without either knowing where it already was or being shown by someone who did... the appearance of the Mantis Lord Cyllis was made even all the more bizarre than it already was in her mind.

Surely he couldn't be here over the missing soldier, Ellim, could he? No, no, that...that would make no sense... like Ajax himself had attested, the dead man had been a virtual nobody in the grand scheme of things, just like the rest of them. And that illithid was seldom wrong...at least from her past experiences with him. Well... perhaps he was searching for something; people did lose an utter cacophony of objects to this place, afterall. The scattered objects around the place were a near perfect testament to as much...

In the end though, there was only one way to find out. As strange and...off as this whole situation felt...

"My lord?" she called. She may not have spent an overly large amount of time up above the surface of the grounds, but she had seen enough over the years to know the basics of honorifics. Even if the aged General technically was not a true Lord, the point was moot; she honestly knew not how else to properly address him. "Your presence here is most... unexpected."

The 12th Brute 1st of the Year of Rebirth, 10:00 A.M.

The sound of cheering and the clang of metal could be heard down the passages of the lower levels of the Castle that lead to the Pit. A ring built by the denizens to rid themselves of boredom for even a short time. The combatants today where two minotaurs and one ogre a really big ogre holding I really big maul. Even without his maul he was know by most down here by his size alone, The 12th Brute the 12th to calm the name of Brute in a battle such as this. So it was sufficient to say the minotaurs where in over there head.

As the minotuars circled The 12th he stood in the middle of the ring casually stretching his arms and legs waiting for them to make their first move. It came as The 12th expected when one was in front of him and when the other was behind him a good strategy for a two on one fight. A good strategy if their opponent wasn’t The 12th Brute.

As the minotaur in front started to swing his axe at The 12th the other one charged head down at him from behind. “Minotaur’s really like to charge don’t they? Well you can’t blame them they have the stuff for it, but unfortunilty it makes them really predictable.” He thought to himself as he gave a throaty chuckle. As the axe was about to hit it was intercepted by the left forearm of The 12th hardly piercing the skin enough to draw blood. The 12th then began to pivot him self guiding the one in front with his arm right well swinging his right arm back with the maul being held closer to the head. The charging minotaur couldn’t see what was happening since his head was down he didn’t know until he was hit with the head of the maul in the shoulder with a sickening crack as it broke his arm well sending it him flying off the side of the Pit into the crowd of creatures there.

The minotaur who was being guided by The 12th let out a growl as he say his ally go flying off the side of the Pit. Fallowing The 12th lead the minotaur pivoted its hooves so that it was swing in conduction with The 12th swing its axe at the belly of The 12th thinking that if it stayed within The 12th arms he could hit him. The 12th gave a slight smile knowing as he brought his right knee up meeting the minotaur in the snout dazing it long enough so he could quite literally grab the bull by the horns. The minotaur snapping out of it daze as it realized this tried to shake The 12ths hands horns, but it couldn’t even budge under the grip of The 12th. The minotaur realizing that the fight was over went limp as The 12th just throw it over the side of the Pit into the cheering crowd. Those cheers quickly became boos as the crowed realized that the fight they where all riled up about was over in less then two minutes. The 12th not caring just walked back down the ramp to the area he came from with his maul casually resting over his shoulder.

Edited by rustytengo

Van Arlo, Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth, Early Morning

A part of the mess hall had turned itself int a pseudo bar that prides itself on serving customers 24/7. It was only possible since most of the people who work there at night are Bone Fiends or monsters that don't require sleep. Van works there during late night and early morning in his armor, never taking it off for a moment. He mans the bar at night then gets his mop at begins his janitor work in the morning shift. His father, Luke Arlo, also worked there as the manager. Van was adopted before the war by him and his wife. They call it adopting but really he just works there and they provided a roof over his head and some money in his pocket. He was meant to fill the void of their child they could never had due to them being Bone Fiends. But now that they all live in a castle it doesn't really matter if they provide roof now. They used owned one of few bars around the castle, but ever since the gates closed it's been left behind.

Though this morning's cleaning took a lot longer than usual. By the time he was finished it was already 8:10 A.M. After his morning cleaning it was time for him to head out to the castle gate which was the most important part of his day to him. "Checking the gate." Van spoke as he headed out of the mess hall. "Come on kid," Luke replied angered at his son's constant attempts to find something that's never coming back. "It's been how many years since Sapphire left the castle? It's time to give it up! And stop wearing that armor to work, you left the guard after the war so you should wear something else for a change" But his words fell of deaf ears as Van continued on his way ignoring his father. He could not give up hope even if futile. Van preferred to be in his armor, it kept annoying people away while he worked.

Once he got to the gates of the castle he met with an old war friend like usual. "Jade, any word from Sapphire?" Van asked as he approached the Skeleton. Jade and Van had been great pals during the war. Spending their time off the battle field together with Sapphire. "Same as it has any other day, Crimson." Jade responded nonchalantly to Van. "I don't go by that name anymore." Van uttered with a hint anger in his voice. Back in the days of war he went by the name Crimson, but ever since he dropped out he returned to using the name his parents gave him. "Crimson you should really think about reenlisting into the army. It hasn't been the same without you or Sapphire." Van just turned around, walking away. "Why should I? If the Free Races attack again I'll just get my Scythe and fight as a citizen. Until they reopen the gates, what's the point of being a guard anymore?"

Van Arlo, Regent Time: 1st day of the Year of Rebirth, Early Morning (8:30ish)

On his way back to the bar he noticed quite a scene blocking his path. A lizard being pinned down by a bigger blue lizard. In this moment you can see natural selection taking place but Van was never too into watch monsters feast. He's seen plenty of it during his hours manning the bar. Taking a closer look at the smaller lizard he looked like a royal solider, which didn't surprise him. 'It's moments like these which make me glad I quite.' Van thought to himself. He could've easily gone around but if Jade heard he just watched one of his soldier friends get eaten he's probably try to kick Van's ass. Plus his father would get pissed at him as well for missing more time at work.

The armored Skeleton walked up closer towards the Draco spoke. "Could you wait on your meal time until after I pass? You're blocking the way, and besides I don't think royal soldier tastes good." He spoke with annoyance. Though he was prepared if the Draco were to retaliate to his less than polite greeting. He had to go through situations likes these during late night drinking parties. Only swap people being eaten for people getting into drunken fight.

Regent, Van Arlo, Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 8:45 AM

The wyvern looked over his shoulder, fixing his ice blue eyes on the voice echoing from behind him. He lifted the paw pinning the lizardman, letting him scramble off in a panic, leaving his rusty blade behind on the ground. Regent waited a few moments for the booted footsteps to fade into the distance before turning the rest of the way around. A human-like figure stood before him, but the smell was wrong. No scent of sweat or blood, just the faint odor of metal and death.

"A pitiful meal the small one would have made, meatless." The drake took a few steps toward him, ensuring that the armor-clad skeleton was fully aware of the difference in size between them. His white scales glinted faintly in the light as he moved, despite their rugged, tough surfaces. "What gives you the courage to interrupt me? Even meatless ones fear the beyond."

Regent, Van Arlo, Time: 1st of the Year of Rebirth, approx. 8:50 AM

'Well, that went surprisingly well.' Van thought as he saw the scared soldier run away. Once again, royal soldiers prove how useless they are. Now he just has to get around the giant blue Draco and he might get a little less lip from his father. He couldn't help but give a smirk hidden beneath his helmet as the giant blue lizard tried intimidate him by his size. While he probably couldn't do much in the way of harming him Van had no plan to do so. So if worst comes to worst no shame in walking away.

The armored Skeleton gave a little chuckle. "I don't see why I need to be afraid of you just because you're big. That only means you're easier to spot and easier to block my path." He turned his helmet up towards the Draco. First showing him the darkness inside before using a small amount of magic to create two glowing blue lights inside his helmet. Forming what looked like two glowing eyes. "A monster worth fearing is one that doesn't rely on their size."

"That is the foolish talk of two-legged prey. A hornet may sting and cause great pain but it is easily swatted." He punctuated the last "word" with a thump of his muscular tail against the ground. At the same time, the bluish scales surrounding his fur and on his forelegs started to glow a sinister blue in response to the skeleton's magic, and a deep growl emanated from the argent drake's throat. "Your show of the emptiness frightens the weak. The hunter does not fear the corpse." Regent's posture hadn't changed much from when he had first moved, but it was abundantly clear that he was starting to become legitimately hostile, rather than just bored - though the wyvern would have relished a chance to properly fight.

'Now would be a good time to leave before we start a scene.' Is what ran through Van's mind. Not having someone get eaten is why he was doing this in the first place. Besides, anymore time spent goofing around would just him more scolding from his father. "You seemed to miss the point of what I was saying. Guess I should rephrase it so you can understand. Just because you're bigger doesn't make you stronger." He now blew out the lights in his helmet now beginning to walk around the Draco. "Unlike some blue lizards, I have places to be. So if you won't move I guess I'll just have to go anyways." This is soon becoming a pain. This is one of the reasons he doesn't like dealing with people.

"Watch yourself, meatless, lest I prove your misunderstanding of both combat and my intellect." The drake responded to the skeleton attempting to move around him by turning slightly to the side and placing a broad foreleg in his path. "By your insolence you have lost the right of passage through my territory." Regent looked at the armored figure with something that might have been a grin on a more humanoid creature. His reaction was really one part irritation and two parts boredom; either the skeleton would be entertaining to torment for a time, or provide an actual challenge should they come to blows. Any outcome was positive in the great beast's mind. "Take your passage by right of fang and claw or find a hole to slink through."

"You always look wonderful your grace." Lotus confessed, still looking at the floor. She wanted to jump for joy, to thank her Goddess for all her help, and to run and dance and laugh. She had succeeded! Lady Contiello was happy, and therefore Lotus was even happier. How could her day get any better? "Your Grace, I shall remember this day and your kind words for the rest of her life." And she would too. Every day she was praised, every kind compliment from Lady Sybil and Lord Henriech were firmly engraved in her mind. She remembered those days fondly, and recalled them whenever she felt down. It was in a way, her fuel. What drove her to keep going. The simple words of praise from her superiors. They were all she needed.

But when she was commanded to look up, she hesitated. "I-I couldn't possible, my eyes aren't worthy..." But maybe because she wished to look, or maybe because she simply couldn't refuse an order she raised her eyes and gazed upon the Countess. Blood immediately returned to her face, creating a soft line of red across her cheeks. As she gazed, more and more Lotus felt proud. The feeling built up slowly, but it climbed up to make her feel unbelievably warm. The Countess did look beautiful, and her dress did look wonderful on her. Lotus didn't know if vampires were capable of crying, she'd never done before. This would have been a moment where she felt crying would be appropriate, but only tears of joy.

But her day could get even better. In her joy of dressing the Countess, Lotus hadn't noted something the lady had said. The Countess wanted her by her side today. So where would that be? What wonderful places would the Countess take her. The servant wouldn't care either way. She would follow the beauty into the sunlight, and burn away into dust for only another glimpse at perfection. She took a deep breath, gathered her voice and asked.

"Your grace, you said that you wanted me by your side today." Lotus brought her hands together as if she was praying once more. "Where are we going?" The Seamstress had also wondered. She had been working on this dress for months, but the Countess had ordered it finished specifically for today. Yet Lotus wasn't aware of any balls that would require such a beautiful dress. She had also shut herself off from the rest of the castle to work, so she wasn't really aware of any happenings of the castle to begin with. The only contact she made with the outside world in the last month was from a cute little rabbit beastman servant girl that helped her every once in a while. The bunny girl would bring materials for Lotus, help hold anything steady when necessary, and most importantly the bunny girl was Lotus' favorite meal. She had found that this specific bunny girl had not only delicious blood, but a very large supply of it. So the Seamstress made sure to keep on good terms with the girl, and asked her very kindly for her meals. But the servant girl hadn't told Lotus about any of the happenings. So was this something the Countess was keeping a secret? "I do not mean to overstep my place, your grace, but I wonder if there is anything special going on today. I-If I am going to accompany you I should be prepared myself."

Van let out a sigh, taking a few steps back and to the side, now starring at the middle of hie body region. He didn't even bother responding at this point. He knew what needed to be done and he wasn't going to let some over-sized blue lizard be the cause of extra yellings from his father. God knows he puts up with a lot already. It seemed the blue Lizard once again uses his size to try irritate him, which is working. The thing that didn't work was the attempt to now purposefully block his path. Sure he blocked the way any normal Skeleton would have to go through, to the sides or beneath. However, Van still has a few tricks up his gauntlets.

[Reaper's Flight: On] Van jumped up off the ground then used wind magic to create an updraft strong enough to push him up and over the scaled Draco. He lifted himself over his mid-body region before creating a gust to soften he descent. Didn't want to make any cracks in the floor or break some bones. To anyone watching it seemed that he just jumped over the beast without a problem. But if Regent was paying attention he would've heard gusts of wind as he jumped, which would seem off since they were inside a building. [Reaper's Flight: Off] It had been a while since Van had used that, and it was a pleasant to ride the wind a little bit. At this point he continued walking forward showing the blue lizard another way he could've gone around him. Well in this case over him.