Winter Party 2015 Feedback

Arkhi

Winter Party Feedback  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the party overall?

• I'd sooner build a time machine and go play more King's Game than wait another year for the party.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • Meh.
    • It needs heavy renovation.
    • I've had more fun stepping on legos while holding dry ice.
  2. 2. What did you think of the Reborn Royalty event?

• Praise be unto the oligarchy!
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • I'm 'bout ready to start a rebellion and take their crowns.
  3. 3. What did you think of the Santa Lottery event?

• Take my rupees and turn them into more rupees!
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • Get me an elf suit so I can infiltrate Santa's place and demand a better event.
    • I got a rock :(
  4. 4. What did you think of the Snowball Fight event?

• I hope we never find peace because that fight was awesome.
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • I'm phoning the UN right now, testifying to all of your war crimes.
  5. 5. What did you think of the Queen's Game event?

• The Queen piece in chess always was the best anyway.
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • If this is part of the event, then I'll be honest saying it sucked.
  6. 6. What did you think of the King's Game event?

• Person 1, 2, and 3 must find a way to start this event again so that the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) continues.
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • Person 1, 2, and 3 must find a way to end the madness while Ark bangs his head against concrete for an hour.
  7. 7. What did you think of the Rebornies event? (you may select two choices, so that we may determine if auth should be elligible)

• Nominate Winter Party for Best Party 2015.
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • Nominate Rebornies for Not Being a Thing 2015.
    • Auth should be illegible (unable) to receive Rebornies.
  8. 8. What did you think of the Carolling / Dubtrack DJ event?

• ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved.
    • The Carolling was probably screeching anyway and I hate banshees.
  9. 9. What did you think of the Aces in the Hole event?

• Hide and Seek is totes my jam, bro!
    • It went well.
    • Meh.
    • It can be improved
    • I think you should make a "Better Events in the Party" event.
  10. 10. Would you rather the party occurred at a different time? (Multiple answers permitted to find the best time)

• 6AM EST
    • 7AM EST
    • 8AM EST
    • 9AM EST
    • 10AM EST
    • 11AM EST
    • 12PM EST
    • 1PM EST
    • 2PM EST
    • 3PM EST
    • 4PM EST
    • 5PM EST (This is the time this year's party began)
    • 6PM EST
    • 7PM EST
    • 8PM EST
    • 9PM EST
    • 10PM EST
    • 11PM EST
    • 12AM EST
  11. 11. Would you like to see parties like this more frequently throughout the year?

• Yes; 3 each year.
    • Yes; 2 each year.
    • No; 1 each year (our current trajectory).
    • No; 1 or less per two years.

You can't have fun these days without some kind of paperwork, huh? Next thing you know, you'll be receiving spam emails about promotional offers from Reborn grumble grumble

In case you missed it, last night, December 19th, was Reborn's Winter Party: 2015 Edition. I'd like to think it was a blast, but maybe because I helped to make it and want to feel good. Whoops. Let's get to business.

The party went well for those of us who adapted to the circumstances surrounding it. However, if things didn't work out as well as you'd like, this is the place to voice whatever you may have to say about how it can be improved in the future. As you probably noticed, there's an 11-question poll preceding this post. I would very greatly appreciate all sincere replies to the poll in an attempt to improve upon future parties. If you'd like to elaborate upon a particular point, feel free to do so in a reply. Thanks and happy holidays!

EDIT:

Please take an additional poll on the topic of Godot's Smash event!

http://goo.gl/4yc9fe

• Upvote 3

• Veterans

GIVE EARLIER STARTING/EVENT TIMES

Anyways, I thought it was pretty fun! The only thing I noticed was that it was really chaotic during the Queen's game, so maybe have an auth use /wall or /declare for picking the queen and person in question. (I think rose did that at a later point? But otherwise it was pretty chaotic rip)

and also, for the two parties a year, how about a party somewhere in june as well? to celebrate that summer started or something :0

Edited by Mettaton
  • Upvote 1

i want 3 parties like mid-summer, winter and halloween or smth??

queens game was chaotic and ended up really shitty for me because of sensitive questions asked to someone else. please either say fuck marry kill questions arent allowed or the people involved in it have to agree on being placed into one. also the pace could be faster rather than maybe 2 questions each 15 minutes. of course people get the time to think but if you get picked queen 45 minutes into the game you should have at least 2 or 3 questions prepared.

snowball should be more restricted as in having its tier center around delibird so it isnt a throwaway mon because that really destroyed the purpose of the entire tournament.

raffles and awards should probably be in seperated channels because it was hard to read the walls that jeri and ryan put up at the same time. also the raffle should have a minimum to gifts aka not just 1 rupee. like you enter 1 rupee and have a GREAT chance of getting more in return while someone else enters at least 300 and they get your shitty gift.

ace in the hole is honestly not even a fun event. people can lie all they want and the entire room is basically disrupted by people asking the aces everything at the same time. it also got ruined by people throwing their own guesses out in the open.

music thing was an aight idea just executed poorly. either open queue or dont take suggestions at all and just play random holiday music.

F0KNmnK.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Support Squad

Aces in the hole- Was gud. I can see it being different each year based on who knows who more, you know? Also encourages people to get to know each other better, kinda.

Reborn Royalty, cool as ever. SHIA took my place cri even though idk why I had polar monarch in the first place

Secret santa, would have been better if it was done in it's own little bit and didn't clash so horrible with the Reborn Royalty. Like, that was chaos man, reading chat was hard.

Dubtrack, I'd say it went fairly well. There were some goofs, kinda went off track when anyone who asked got DJ, seriously we didnt need to lock the queue at that point, the only issue came up when we shifted away from the open queue iirc. Still generally fun, everyone put their best foot and memes forward for tunes. And @Aquawaffle, if things are to improve for next year then give some reason behind your accusations so I can NOT do whatever annoyed you next year, though I'm fairly sure it's because I skipped that one monster hunter song that was just screeching. We don't have to take potshots by vagueposting, we can deal with things maturely.

Queens game. As good as last year. Shame that RNG and time constraints meant not everyone could ask or get asked of but hey, whaddya gonna do? Also boo on the people who asked tame questions. You could get the same answers by looking at intro threads >.>

Kings game was really just meh for me, but that wasn't the fault of anything other than timings. It was late in the night, I was tired af and all the lewd crap going on just went right over my head as I burrowed under my duvet. Maybe if I was more directly involved it would have been better but I was too tired to jeer the participants and didn't get picked myself. Again, nothing can be done about that, I know.

I can't even say I would have enjoyed KG more if the party started two hours earlier, that still would have meant KG would have started at 3am for me after the QG

Oh, and the Rebornies. Yeah, kinda just happened by the wayside whilst focus was on the QG.

Best suggestion for next year is better scheduling. 3 1/2 games for QG was so long and it was inevitable people might be missed out anyway. Idk, just my two pence.

I wasn't on party for the day, timezones sucks.

But i was definetly on 3ds one. It was fun. It had some problems with some player of connection. Laggy and such, but not really much problem.

I enjoyed the matches well, rules were all cool.

And i got in 3rd place in tour, 100 rupees.

I hope we can have another tour and i hope i'll myself get a wii u and sm4sh of it lol.

I did learn a lot from this, ranging from hosting smash, Dubtrack, and doing a few other things on the side. There are some things that need some tweaking but all in all it was handled 8/10. Has room for improvement. As for the gaming side of things, I would like to try and do other games on the Wii U besides smash. The big ones that stick out to me are Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, and Pokken Tournament.

I was unfortunately unable to attend it, because of timezone issues. Pity, the Queen's Game could have used my presence.

Regardless, I believe anywhere from 6 AM to 2 or 3PM EST would be fine for me, I would cast a vote on this matter but the system is preventing me from doing so (I am supposedly required to cast a vote in each section, but how can I if I missed the event?).

• Global Mods

How would you rate the party overall?

I loved it :D Definitely my favorite experience on Reborn so far.

What did you think of the Reborn Royalty event?

I didn't vote for anyone, but I was happy for the people who won.

What did you think of the Snowball Fight event?

I thought the team layouts were neat, and I enjoyed the tournament.

What did you think of the Queen's Game event?

I agree with Skeleton about fmk questions; I felt bad when she had to leave because of that. Other than that, I thought it was a fun way to learn about other members.

What did you think of the King's Game event?

This was my favorite part of the winter party. Watching people acting out those scenarios was hilarious.

What did you think of the Rebornies event?

See answer for Reborn Royalties.

What did you think of the Carolling / Dubtrack DJ event?

I liked the music.

What did you think of the Aces in the Hole event?

At this point in the party the chat was going by faster than 4:00 in Redemption League when everyone's putting their challenge requests in, so I couldn't keep up at all. But it was still fun trying to figure out who they were from the questions and hints I did see.

Would you rather the party occurred at a different time?

The time of the party was perfect for me since EST is my timezone, but if future events like this need to be changed to accommodate more people, I'd be 100% for that. I'd attend regardless of what time it is.

Would you like to see parties like this more frequently throughout the year?

Y E S

raffles and awards should probably be in seperated channels because it was hard to read the walls that jeri and ryan put up at the same time. also the raffle should have a minimum to gifts aka not just 1 rupee. like you enter 1 rupee and have a GREAT chance of getting more in return while someone else enters at least 300 and they get your shitty gift.

Well it's funny, the only person who truly gave 1 rupee, Renzo, won his own gift the first gift of the raffle, not even rigged, when what goes around actually comes around. I've considered a minimum gift, but some people are unable to participate due to a small amount of cash on hand. Additionally for reasons I'm not going to get into, the minimum amount is going to be a moot point should we do this again.

Secret santa, would have been better if it was done in it's own little bit and didn't clash so horrible with the Reborn Royalty. Like, that was chaos man, reading chat was hard.

If this is something that can still happen again next year, I'll keep this in mind.

I agree with these folks in that Queen's Game was hella chaotic. I'll be looking into ways to better execute the game, as honestly there was a lot of chaos and confusion, people would stray off topic and the chat would flood so fast that you couldn't ever see anyone' questions or responses. The problem I had, as the game moderator (if I do this again it WILL be fixed) is that people would go afk or not be paying attention to the chat and miss their pings or just weren't ready to keep the ball rolling. I need to figure out a way to let the questioners know ahead of time that they're up and need to have a question ready-- I think that will cut out some of the off topic jabber.

Also, Queen's Game has always been a rather... Open game, in my experience, where anything can be asked. Should you feel as though the questions need to be scrutinized further or discussed, feel free to PM with your concerns and we can talk through them. I host this game multiple times per year, so your feedback is valuable to me.

Dobby, to address your comment, I tried a new system of RNG this year-- my last method would end up with the same people always asking/answering the same person in an endless loop. I personally found that this worked well; should you have been in the game from the start, given the size of the game I guarantee you were asked a question and were able to answer a question at least once. As always, should you have suggestions to further refine selection techniques, I am more than willing to give them a shot.

As for Aces in the Hole, I don't think any of the party coordinators foresaw the amount of issues that would present. Should the game come back, it will receive a full overhaul on game mechanics.

Overall, it wasn't that bad. Yes, there were some tensions here and there, but it wasn't that bad for my first time attending (Yes, it was my first time. How many years was there a Christmas Party?) It was a little bit chaotic though, as multiple things were going on at once, making it a bit stressful at times.

Honestly, I think of it as Prom and all of those other ridiculous school dances I went to. It's more of a popularity contest rather than anything, same with the Rebornies. Regardless, I'm happy for and congratulate all who won.

What did you think of the Santa Lottery event?

I hate being my own secret Santa... XD Most of the gifts were actually pretty cool, from art, to a Gyarados in Reborn, etc. I wasn't exactly having the best of nights yesterday, but my night completely changed after that second round. It's a shame there wasn't a third one, but I can understand.

It was fun battling, but honestly, if I could choose any bird other than Delibird, it would be Honchkrow. (Although Delibird does have its uses...) I think using Delibird was an interesting experience, however.

It was fine for an experience, but when the question turned over to me, it was ABSOLUTELY HELL. Forgive me for saying that... I decided to come up with an answer, buuuut that was a big mistake on my part. It wasn't really pleasant, but it's all good now. I think out of everybody who got asked questions, I got the most... sauciest one of all.

Knowing what happened during the Queen's Game, I decided not to get involved in the King's Game. I was too much at a risk, and I didn't want to do anything that would put me even more at a risk. I decided to sit and watch, and boy, did I enjoy watching the event!

What did you think of the Rebornies Event?

Again, same answer as the Reborn Royalties, but almost like the Grammies, too.

What did you think of the Carolling/ Dubtrack DJ event?

I really enjoyed the music. Too bad some of the songs were skipped, but I think that if there was an Ace version, we'd probably have those songs. (That's just me, though!)

I really didn't pay too much attention to the event to see whether or not I enjoyed it.

I kept thinking the party was starting at 6 PM EST, but either one works fine, actually.

I think this would actually work out rather nicely because it gives more people a chance to win an award like the Reborn Royalty and Rebornies, and also gives more exciting ways for tournaments like Halloween Pokemon tournaments with Dark and Ghost types, and more opportunities for more Smash Bros tournaments. I'd like to see three parties, but if not three, then two works just nicely. However three gives a good spread of time throughout the year, so that's why I'd say three.

• Upvote 1

The Queen's Game event was pretty chaotic, especially at the beginning, it got better around the end though and I still enjoyed it. The King's Game was pretty amazing though, we started strong at the beginning and I had trouble containing my laughter but unfortunately since it was so late at night most people started to dull down and go to sleep around the end. So maybe we can start earlier next time so not everyone is falling asleep in their chair around me while I'm just there being like "It's barely 9 pm for me :c."

And the Carolling/ Dubtrack DJ event was a pretty cool idea and I discovered some new cool songs that I'll be listening too from there but I definitely think that it should have been open queue since I wanted to share some songs with the others but my shyness kept me from asking *embarrassed laughter.*

And finally, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more little games to play throughout the night, like Cards Against Humanity or Town of Salem. Even though we did get a game of CAH at the end, everyone was so tired by that point that even though we did have some funny moments it seemed a little dulled down so maybe have some more mini-games like that sprinkled throughout the next event? Idk

Overall though,I really enjoyed the whole Winter Party and I'm looking forward to the next even/King's Game!

So much stuff happened so late that I'll vote "meh" and pretend there's a "wasn't there" option.

But the stuff I did join was pretty fun. Having almost everything in one channel was pretty chaotic though. (And can the tour be double elimination next time. Kinda lost in round 1...) Having music to this was pretty neat, but I think Tacos and Ark should control that completely. And finally, creds to Godot for all the additional gaming stuff. I had fun.

As host of the King's Game, I'd like to apologize to anyone who didn't have the most fun during it or didn't get picked. I tried to keep track of making sure we all got different kings and players, but I know RNG did pick some people twice (counting it up, the most anyone went was twice, including a king's turn) and some not at all and I feel terrible that it turned out that way, I like it more when everyone has fun during my games. >< I know King's Game isn't really my original idea (thank you Persona 4. <3), but people seem to enjoy it when I host. ^^;

As for the rest of the party... answering questions in order.

Overall Rating: Bloody great job this year guys! The timing could be a bit earlier in the day, maybe around 4 EST or so, but I found it enjoyable!

Reborn Royalty: 3rd year in a row nominated, third year in a row losing. xD But nah, I'm super happy with how it turned out. It IS a popularity contest, yeah, but did anyone expect anything different, in all honesty?

Santa Lottery: I loved the concept. Didn't participate myself this time around, but I thought the concept was good and executed nicely. if anything I do agree that the tons of blue text walls from the Rebornies and the lottery made it a little hectic, but I enjoyed the idea and giving spirit it promoted.

Snowball fight AND Winter Brawl/Various Gaming events: AAAAH I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF FOR MISSING OUT ON BOTH OF THESE THINGS THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN SO FUN AESFSEDFD DAMN YOU ME/WORK. T.T

Queens Game: I LOVE learning about people. Absolutely love it, but am terrible at starting conversations. So I will flat out say I love Queen's Game so much and it went swimmingly.

King's Game: See earlier comment at start, I do feel bad about how RNG worked out and some people didn't get chosen. If anyone has any suggestions to try and improve the way King's Game is run, I'd like to hear them in order to improve it~ Not that I'm making a monopoly on hosting it or anything. << >> ><

Rebornies: Bad choice to have it at the same time as Queen's Game, a lot of people weren't really paying too much attention.. Reschedule it next year, but I love the idea of awards for newer members.

Caroling/DJ'ing: Did not attend, I am sorry. ><

Aces in the Hole: Fun, but chaotic. A little too chaotic, but such is Reborn at times. It did get a lot of people involved though, so <3 for that. :D

Schedule timing: I feel bad for our EU friends who had to go to sleep, but it IS a problem to find a time for ALL time zones to be happy with. >< I won't comment on this in paticular, I think it went well.

• Upvote 1

I fully agree with Skeleton (at least I think it was Skeleton) about the snowball fight. It was basically fire/water/grass/ice OU plus a mandatory Delibird. I tried bringing some more alternative stuff and just got wiped in the first round and when I watched some other battles all I was seeing is Heatrans, Talonflames, Rotom-Ws, Ferrothorns, and Kyurem-Bs. How is that any different to regular OU except that everyone has to bring a death fodder/suicide lead pokemon and no one had Landorus-T? Maybe I'm just jaded about the current OU meta and salty that I lost in the first round but I honestly think it would have been a lot more fun to run PU with a mandatory Delibird and get everyone out of the only meta that's ever played here.

• Upvote 2

I enjoyed it. A solid 8.5/10.

Execution wise, it was handled fairly well. I don't know what could've been improved. Shoutout to the Oligarchy and all those who were nominated.

What did you think of the Santa Lottery event?

It was fun. But I think a minimum of $R100 seems about fair to donate. Also, host it in a different room. The lottery going on at the same time as the awards were being given out was a bit hectic.

I enjoyed the tourney, but Sheep is right. It was essentially OU PKMN with Suicide Delibird Delivery Service as lead(guilty as charged). I guess making the tour a UU or below will bring more creative sets to the feild.

For my first time playing it, I had fun. I guess for next time there needs to be better moderation because some Q&A's were overlooked. Also having your questions ready really makes a huge difference.

The most cringeworthy hilarious party of the party. Most of the same problems that took place in the QG made their way into the KG, but there moderation this time around. IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED

What did you think of the Rebornies event?

Same answer for the Royalty event

What did you think of the Carolling / Dubtrack DJ event?

200.gif

But regarding the queue, I'd say just leave it open. IIRC the most the room had at the moment was like 25-30 people. Not everyone will want to play a song, and those who do shouldn't waste the turn of the DJ's when they have the chance to play music themselves. And if someone does put something extremely ridiculous (I enjoy the 1/62 chance of a Rick Roll or Darude), but something really, just wtf, we all have a say in skipping the song or the song can be removed period.

I wasn't familiar enough with any of the Aces to make an accurate prediction. That and the chat threw some people off on their predictions as well. The only way to win at that game would be to know your fellow Rebornians a bit more than what you do now.

I had no problem with the scheduled time. If it was moved an hour earlier or later, I would still be fine.

3-4 a year. That's a bit overkill. Lets try twice a year. One for the coming of winter and the coming of summer. That doesn't seem like too much.

• Upvote 1