Secret Bases in Pokemon Reborn

Greylocke

One of the little things I really enjoyed in the GEN III series are the implementation of player designed secret bases, where you have to use the Secret Power TM to gain access in the game's hidden immersive environments where you can setup your own home, -the indent in the walls, climbable trees, bla bla and stuff. Reborn as I've read was based from GEN III games, now I'm wondering if there will be a possibility of having the same concept implemented maybe in the next episodes. I kinda looked into this when I started Reborn. What are your thoughts guys?

Edited by gabgonzales

• Developers

How would bases not fit? How about some cool back alley bases or railnet caves. There's tons of out of the way places to put them.

In gen 3 the bases were just a place to store collectible cushions and plushies.The bases served no other function,I think that's what they meant

Technically, yes, secret bases serve no use and I have nothing against it not being implemented. Let's just hover around the concept of the secret base to brainstorm or maybe pick up some ideas that we can patch up its uselessness and come up with something with similarities but is relatively more useful.

Insurgence has secret bases.

... I'm gonna kick someone's ass.

Reborn is too f***** for people to have secret bases. I don't think Adrienn would like holes on the walls of Reborn-rebuilt.

Unless everybody had secret bases in Route 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.

...How about "not now?"

Ame usually doesn't say "no" or "yes" to certain ideas, just in case. But for now, I guess she has enough to deal with.

Perhaps when the online battle thingy is implemented, Friend Safaris could be a thing.

Yeah, that's like what Insurgence (or some other fan game) has, right? I just hope there aren't Friend Safari exclusive Pokemon. That'll make it hard for some of us to complete the Pokedex. :(

• 1 month later...

While I did kinda like the secret bases back in the original Sapphire, they're not exactly fitting for Reborn's atmosphere, unless they'll get a slicker, sharper and edgier remake, like your own personal hi-tech base of operation. also, if they will enable secret bases, I would like a map which mark where you set your secret base at. I always forgot where I set my base up. I didn't move it around or anything, just haven't gone back to it in a while and then forgot where it was, I would go around from one side of Hoenn to the other, looking at places I'd likely to put my base in.

im very interested about the idea it could be fun to have your own base or own home inside reborn which would be nice but kinda bland unless something beside costimization is added like the villa in platinum where one of the defeated gym leaders and other random trainers come and troll you now and then with a battle of lvl 100 ev trained arceus except fern who has a lvl 1 budew with splash the later my personal idea and as seeing that and seeing as we are getting online systems why not add it to access the online functionality via computer and teleporter and for all who are looking for a depressing and dark part why not make it a mansion on the far side of reborn city whose owner got shot in the face and his daughter can not bear to live there and gives you the ownership of it and those asking why not just keep it a and move to a different closer place i dont know an heiress you help find the murder or something like that.

What are you talking about? The game already has secret bases! We already found 3 of them, Sapphira brought down a mountain in order to destroy one, and there is another that's quite extensive in Route3.

were talking about player personal secret bases like in ruby sapphire and emerald and there remakes the ones you speak off belong to the villains