What do you really love about Reborn?

Kamu

Probably the biggest asset for me would be the fact that every pokemon will be obtainable, and each canonical starter (minus pikachu) is obtainable as a starter.

Other than that it's the way that you're given no choice but to use weaker pokemon in the early game, really helps you find some gems among the less viable crowd.

You know a plot is well-crafted when you can discuss it, empathize with it, and (with attentiveness and thought) predict it, and come up with haphazard conclusions. Reborn keeps me interested in that way, I especially enjoy how the Gym Leaders (no even common grunts) are depicted as their own characters. Reborn, in addition to its infamous cruelty, has an expansive amount of detail. I don't like when the game expects you to follow two different conversations at once, though. Sometimes that gets confusing if you're not paying attention.

The Plot and story by far , I am a sucker for any good story/lore/plot and reborn just....drives that into my brain more and more. It was my one pet peeve for the official games that it was always basically the same Line you were following.

But with reborn my brain is all over the place , i am a ( hobby)writer myself and thus sometimes im more busy with imagining what ifs and what would happen whens then the actual game itself i love it.

The characters are well developed , there is no line you are following without any alternatives , you are constantly wondering whats going to happen next.

In short its amazing and addicting but i will gladly give my soul to it.

• 4 months later...

The difficulty and (more mature) story. The main reason why I quit playing canon games after gen 5.

(I do, however, fear a little bit about the choice system concernig there to be a possible, optimal way, making the story less about personal choice and more about the 'best' solution. If that was the intention, though, then don't mind what I just said.)

What I really like the most is the bunch of different people you meet throughout your adventure in Reborn. There are so many different personalities. I both love the characters and hate them. Another thing I like about them is how you may identify yourself in the situation some of the characters are put though. You worry for them, you understand how they feel and actually want to help them.

I also love the atmosphere and plot. It feels so much more ... real than any other Pokémon game I have ever played (though I haven't played many). You feel more like an actual threat against Meteor when they go as far as wanting to kill you.

I could go on and on, but we'd be here forever. ^^

I really love how complex and many content offered. We never have that "empty" moment. There are always something to do whether it's following awesome stories, doing side-quest, or just polishing our team more. I love the field effect too, it's wonderful concept especially the way mirror field works because mirror field involve specific mechanics (critical hits, that is) and not just about power up "x" type by "x" multiplier. I hope the remaining field effect is as awesome.~

Also loving how this game always make me curious ^^

Where to start ?

1. The plot is great. The war between gym leaders and team meteor is so interesting, i'm scared to see who will die next ! (remember Shade's words in the water treatment center)

2. The world is like our world. Pokemon being abused, suffering because of humans (sad but if pokemon were real this would happen ). The fact that there are death and suicide in the game (man that Corey suicide just after freeinf his pokemon killed me! PArticulary the Nidorina looking back and the Crobat who wanted to stay).

3. The difficulty of the game, Each Gym leader requires a specific strategy, really interesting fights. I'll add the level cap in this point cause.

4. The fact that we still can't play with the team we would like to have (for some of us at least)

5. The side quests ! Like the stickers, loved to collect those.

For me, there are a few reasons.

First, I love the dark atmosphere/story of the game. The main games, while they're still fun in their own right, basically share the same story: obtain Pokemon, defeat Gym Leaders, defeat evil team with a more or less stupid evil plot, defeat Elite 4 and Champion, the end. Reborn offers so much more than that, and it isn't afraid to be dark when the situation calls for it (such as Corey's suicide).

Second, it allows you to use Pokemon you'd almost never use in a main game and forces you to switch around Pokemon should they underperform later in the game.

Third, the Shinies. Need I say more?

Finally, and my biggest reason, is that there's so much to do and it keeps you playing. I personally hate it when the game doesn't offer a lot for you to do, especially after you beat the game, which is arguably my biggest (and only) issue with the main Pokemon games. You can do so much in Reborn, and it makes me so happy that I won't get bored with the game (well, maybe except when I have to level grind off of wild Pokemon for the Gym Leaders.) Here's to hoping the post-game will be just as exciting and fun as the main story.

First are the field effects, the concept is very simple and the implementation is sublime. the fields aren't just passive bonuses but are a variable you can manipulate and not just with replacing the terrain with a move like electric field.
The fields also aren't tailor made for one fight/trainer and give room to play around with. This can make pkmn who have no chance in a fight still room to shine. To top of it off reborn made the outside world react to the field changes in battle which came over as a complete suprise. No pkmn game really looked at the actions I took in battle and reacted to them outside of the battle.

Secondly, I like the difficulty. This is a pkmn game I can actually lose fights in, which was kinda hard in the base game. On top of that most of it comes from good movesets for the field. A field you can use and manipulate. It isn't like where the difficulty is just a high lvl difference, new OP moves or many bonusses lined up so perfectly that it one shots every mon (even against your oppenent when you use the same strategy). This in combination with the exclusion of certain pkmn and moves make it so you can still mantain a challenge while having nice diversity. Of course with pkmn being a rock-paper-scizor like game you get some fights which are difficult for some and easy for others, which isn't necessairy a bad thing.

Third I love the concept of event pkmn it is something I really like. It gives the pkmn in your team some back story and it also beats just running in the grass until the right pkmn is granted by rng. So I really enjoyed that there were event pkmn everywhere. In fact in my last run I took 3 pkmn in my team just because the events they took place in (and they are at least decent pkmn).

Fourth is the replayability of the game. The story can split up in different paths depending on your actions, so you can replay the story at least twice. On top of that the relative difficulty makes it so that with a new team you can understand the difficulty of some fights and appreciate them a bit more.

The fifth thing I like are the characters. They feel a lot more like people and not puppets with one defining trait. They each have their own little story with ups and (mostly) downs and I like that. Discovering this little story step by step makes me feel that I know these characters a lot better then some other game characters, even if I've seen those characters more then their reborn characters. This doesn't mean I like every character (I'm looking at you Fern) but I love it that I can not like them.

The last thing I love in this game are the darker elements of these game. These darker elements really set the tone of the game very well and makes me question some things about life in general. Another good thing they did with it was that these dark elements where not only limited to your foes, but your allies as well making you really question your morals.

Edited by FairFamily

a lot of people have said what i wanted to say already, but i'll say my part anyways:

1. early mon quality and gym typing lets me use mons that normally i couldn't e.g. numel (which i love but there are almost always better options)

2. many psuedo legendaries are axed. mine is not. MWAHAHAHAHA!

3. massive variety early, in contrast to "here's a monkey. fight the gym with it or grind for 3 hours"

4. THE BOSS BATTLES. seriously, before reborn there weren't any other games that had just one big pokemon, and honestly all of those (that i've played) are insanely fun.

5. these forums are better than those belonging to several AAA games (lookin @ u smite)

6. Field effects. honestly, I'm sad these aren't in the main games, these things add so much strategy to the gym/boss fights (read: reward me when I smash the gym leader's stuff/shamelessly cheese the boss)

Edited by doombotmecha