In your opinion, what is the hardest battle in reborn (yet)

Nivircity

Personally, the battle I resetted more was... Shelly.

I had no lava plume or similar so I fought her on that forest field which screwed me over and over again with that intimitade + struggle bug. Also, with enegry ball and bubble beam my Golem never had a single chance of attacking (No Sturdy).

I had to train my Growlight to burn the field, and it was much easier afterards (Still challenging). Other one that was hard was Corey on the corrosive field. Taking 25% damage after each switch and even 50% if its weak against poison made the battle really hard. Also, that Skuntank ending my killing spree with Braixen really frustraded me more then once.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blake... Goddamn he was a toughie. I ended up winning due to a rare moment of brilliance from my Bronzong.. First Turn TR, then Heavy Slamming the Jynx. A few turns later, the Rotom came out, and i sent my swanna.. It Volt Switched the Swanna and I Heavy Slammed the Weavile that came out from the switch. My god was I pleased.

And the walrein.... OHKO'ed by Leaf Storm sceptile ;)

Edited by wytch_doctr

I got defeated a lot by kiki (don't know why for some reason he got counter for all my pokemon T.T) and Shade's Correy ( he hits hard and pretty fast for my team .

Kiki is a she, btw

I do agree she can be quite tough if your team is slow and frail enough, or has no coverage against her

Varies by playthrough, but I think Charlotte's been the hardest for me. You can't really use her field against her (aside from a Blizzard user or Flash Fire mon) so you really have to plan well.

Noel used to be tough for me too, but nowadays I just lead with a Sludge Wave user and that nerfs his team quite a bit.

Looking ahead, I think Amaria's going to be really hard to beat assuming we fight her on a water field - to the point where Sludge Wave may be the only thing that stops me from getting completely haxed by her.

Special mention to Julia, who's either super easy or super hard depending on the starter you picked :)

Varies by playthrough, but I think Charlotte's been the hardest for me. You can't really use her field against her (aside from a Blizzard user or Flash Fire mon) so you really have to plan well.

Noel used to be tough for me too, but nowadays I just lead with a Sludge Wave user and that nerfs his team quite a bit.

Looking ahead, I think Amaria's going to be really hard to beat assuming we fight her on a water field - to the point where Sludge Wave may be the only thing that stops me from getting completely haxed by her.

Special mention to Julia, who's either super easy or super hard depending on the starter you picked :)

Is there a starter that somehow saves you from sonicbooms?

Is there a starter that somehow saves you from sonicbooms?

No, and nothing will save you from the Voltorbs' aftermaths either, but some starters do make the battle easier.

Chameleon gets Dragon Rage before the battle and that OHKOs most of her team. Marshstomp is at least immune to Julia's field-enhanced STAB moves, and you can probably just use other, weaker pokemon to battle the two Voltorbs if need be.

On the other hand, if you're bringing, say, a Wartortle to the battle, you're basically relying on other mons which, at that point in the game, aren't that great.

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY

Oh where to start!

Let's see, Shade first of all, his ghost type pokemon mixed with electric moves with the field type he has, kinda fun.

Noel, never thought I'd have issues with a Normal-type leader, but Skill Link Chinccino too op (had to catch a Throh in Pyrous Mountain to beat it)

And lastly, Charlotte, simply because of one fact: I never raised a water type Pokemon, which means I had to go at that Gym with Charizard, which needless to say was useless, Gardevoir which was still one of my best bets, Ampharos, Golem, Absol and Beartic.

Beating her was the worst, my strategy was made up of Reviving, Trick Room and Blizzard to get rid of the field effect and then use Gardevoir/Ampharos to deal with the pokemons themselves, which took a few attempts.

Oh where to start!

Let's see, Shade first of all, his ghost type pokemon mixed with electric moves with the field type he has, kinda fun.

Noel, never thought I'd have issues with a Normal-type leader, but Skill Link Chinccino too op (had to catch a Throh in Pyrous Mountain to beat it)

And lastly, Charlotte, simply because of one fact: I never raised a water type Pokemon, which means I had to go at that Gym with Charizard, which needless to say was useless, Gardevoir which was still one of my best bets, Ampharos, Golem, Absol and Beartic.

Beating her was the worst, my strategy was made up of Reviving, Trick Room and Blizzard to get rid of the field effect and then use Gardevoir/Ampharos to deal with the pokemons themselves, which took a few attempts.

To be fair, a water move decreases in power amidst the superheated field , so water wouldn't have done much for you

And hey, fighting fire with fire on an OP field works good enough. Hell, even my Mawile that gets destroyed in the fire almost became the mvp of my team during that battle :ph34r: Sometimes even the unlikeliest of things can find use in a battle against all odds

It really depends on who I have on my team tbh. I never use rotations when my full team has been assembled (up to that point - yes I do tend to have extra mons with me who act as 'fillers') - so if I don't have a Pokemon that is advantageous in a certain situation... yeah that battle is going to screw me up pretty much.

For instance, Noel (E12) took me ages to beat in my first playthrough because of that blasted Cinccino and Staraptor combo (thank god the latter was replaced X_X) - but in my recent E15 playthrough... I beat Noel on a single try O_O. I never had any issues with Blake or Mewtwo on my other (four) savefiles but it took me several tries to beat them in this one (and I actually had a lot of help from luck too. Otherwise I probably would never have beat Mewtwo :(...)

Hm. For me, it has to be either Charlotte, Terra, or the Blake + Fern double battle. I'd have to say Charlotte barely edges out above the others, though. That Typhlosion had OHKO'd almost all of my team members before turn 3.

I agree. His Normals are a b---- and a half. That spam of moves with 5 attacks that ALWAYS SEEM TO CONNECT NO MATTER WHAT.

You mean the Cinccino with Skill Link, the ability that lets it always hit 5 times?

Edited by Foamy

I would say Noel, who took me forever and an update to beat, but I'll go with the more recent Ciel. It took forever to finally get my pokes up to snuff and another forever to get a battle where things went slightly in my favor. To top it off after finally beating her I reached the end of episode 15, which made my work almost meaningless. Grr.

El's Arceus or Ciel. Aya was pretty difficult too, but at least I managed to beat her without too much hax, which can't be said for the Arceus battle. The first time I fought it I managed to beat it only because it missed 3 Focus Blasts in a row. I used my Golem's Earthquake, the cave collapsed and Arceus fainted, my Golem didn't because it has Sturdy.

Blake and Fern were my hardest by far. Florinia is just not a good tag partner for that battle.

That's actually like the opposite of my experience lol - although it was later in the fight Florinia actually managed to clutch out a win against Solaris' last pokemon alone

For me hardest fight was 100% Kiki since I had no good checks for her team going in and had to level like 3 new pokemon to get anywhere. On the bright side that fight made me try out Granbull who has been clutch ever since (mono-fairy with intimidate and pretty good hp/atk/def yes please :) )

for me it's Julia and Shade. It was still early in the game and i trained on unsuitable mons for the fights. I've 2 mons who're practically pokedoll in those fights; 1 hit KOs

After that once i've set on my team mons, it was kinda easy (i like set ups, then use of a sweeper).

Fight with Ciel was tough though, her mons speeds are higher than mine. Making it very difficult to set up. Won due to some luck factor, which i just managed to revive my setup mons and redo the setup for a 2nd time. When i saw her final mon i just LOL, i'll definitely win her. Hahaha

• 2 months later...

That price goes to Luna and Ciel.

I knew dark types would be some trouble, since the only Pokémon who were strong against dark was my Hariyama. It took forever to finally beat her and I felt satisfied when I did.

But the birds, the freaking birds, was my least concern. I thought my Glaceon, Luna, would sweep the floor with them, but I was dead wrong. I actually had to do something I had never done playing a Pokémon game: plan a strategy for the battle with Ciel. I had to use every single one of my Pokémons for the specific Pokémon Ciel threw at me. Not to mention that when I realized over half of my team was overleveled (which also made them disobey me), I didn't have the money to buy any common candy. It was pure luck that I finally beat Ciel. I remember how my dad jumped because I was screaming out of happiness.